Thanks for watching!!!! If it is, use a voltmeter to see how much power, if any, is reaching the headlights. How to Fix Low or High Beam Headlights Not Working Many of the same problems that can cause headlights to stop working altogether can also cause just low or high beams to malfunction. http://www.dmv.org/how-to-guides/headlight.php, http://www.military.com/off-duty/autos/how-to-change-headlight-bulb.html, Aggiustare le Luci Anabbaglianti della tua Macchina, Please consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. Wouldn't it be nice to know the end result! My low beams do not work on my Chevy Suburban but my high beams work. What should I do? If you purchased your vehicle used, flat head screws may have been replaced with Philips head screws or other components may have been swapped out during repairs by the previous owner. What am I doing wrong? Put the bulb assembly back into the headlight housing, reinstall the trim pieces, and reconnect the battery. What should I do if my headlights don't work, but the bulbs and fuses are okay? The fuses need … Continue reading "2011 Chevrolet Malibu, Low Beam Headlights Do Not Work" You will also likely need to remove the trim separating the headlight assembly from the engine bay. Want Answer 0. For more details on how to polish your new headlight bulb, see below. Low beam headlight 98 Chevy Malibu not working - bulb replaced 1 Answer. No. Be careful unsnapping the clip. You will not need to disconnect the positive terminal. Hate it when people do this. Whether your Chevy TrailBlazer lights aren't working, or your Chevy Corvette, the following diagnostic process will help you figure out why your Chevy's headlights aren't working. You do not need to purchase specific bulbs for each side, but identifying which is the blown out bulb will help you to replace it without having to start the vehicle again. Check the fuse for that particular headlight and ensure that it is hooked up correctly. I have a 2012 Chevy Malibu. 2012 Malibu no low beams. 2012 Chevy Malibu Driver low beams works and then stops working. Both low beams stopped working suddenly. Make sure to use the same bolts you removed to secure the bracket if equipped. If both of your headlights are out, they may have both blown out, or there may be an electrical issue with the vehicle. Low beams never seem to have problems. By using this service, some information may be shared with YouTube. Last Updated: October 28, 2020 But with the arrival of COVID-19, the stakes are higher than ever. This is a fairly easy fix although the switch is mounted on the column so you may need to partially disassemble the column to access it. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Any ideas what is wrong? JavaScript is disabled. Learn more... A blown out low beam bulb can make it difficult to see at night and driving with your high beams on all the time can make it difficult for other drivers to see. 2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat. References. I called Chevrolet customer service and they said before I talk with someone I have to take the truck to a dealer and have them diagnose the problem and I have to pay for the diagnosis. Can anyone help me with my 2012 Malibu?Passenger side low beam wont work replaced bulb twice and still nothing.Driver side works fine checked all fuses and looks like 1 relay controls both lowbeams which was good.I have 12 v on yellow wire at socket to bulb. 2012 Silverado low beams not working high beams work just fine. For most vehicles, headlights are a basic electrical system, controlled by switches and relays to turn them on and off. What can cause the light to be dim except when on the high beam setting? It's mounted down low. Your transmission will be fine. The headlights don't have anything to do with the transmission. There may be a blown fuse or the wiring leading to your headlights may have been compromised. If replacing your headlight bulb does not work, there may be an electrical issue in your vehicle that should be addressed by a professional. If one headlight is not working, will it cause both to not work? SUBSCRIBE HERE FOR MORE HOW TO VIDS https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmfLHxPyvu9lZVnHww11H4ABECOME A PATRON! I've not heard of the 4-way flasher switch causing a problem like this. Then, purchase a replacement bulb that matches the year, make, and model of your vehicle. If neither the low or high beams work on the same side, there could also be an electrical issue preventing the bulbs from getting power. A blown headlight fuse is also a likely culprit. Since purchasing the car I have had 5 "low beam" headlights burn out with no resolution. If the switch is fried the high beams or low beams can go out. wikiHow's. Did you use the aftermarket bulbs that give off HID look? This article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. Maybe I can return them to the store cause they're not going in my car! 2 Comments; Flag; More. Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 354,732 times. Tucking the cable will prevent it from popping up and coming into contact with the negative terminal of the battery. I spend the extra cash for the LED's and "best on the market bulbs", and they still never stay longer than that 2 month mark. if you have power to both headlight plugs for each low and high beam filaments and the ground is good as you say the high beams function normally then you either have bad low beam bulb filaments,poor or dirty connection or you have a daytime running headlight relay on the car and that is the problem with the low beam lights.yes the high beams will work but not low beams if it is the relay. Checked voltage at bulb … read more. Discussion Starter • #1 • Jan 21, 2017. First, you’ll need to pinpoint the problem, so here are some common headlight trouble scenarios. I have a 2012 impala, my low beams stopped working. They are still out. What else could it be? Learn from the experts with wikiHow Pro Videos. If there is no power reaching them, there is a break in the wiring somewhere between the fuse panel and the headlights themselves. Sometimes the ground wires get rusted and disconnect. No. If the high beam on the same side is also out, it may be one bulb. The low beam on the passenger side headlight on a 1998 Chevy Malibu doesn't work. The bulbs were clean, intact, and looked brand new. Since the bulbs are not easy to access testing begins at the underhood fuse box. Replaced the bulb and still not working. It's equiped with aftermarket HID conversion I've replaced the lights and the HID ballasts also … Noticed the headlights weren't on while driving. 24,980 satisfied customers. This article has been viewed 354,732 times. The headlight bulb and assembly should now be connected to the car once again. Now, remove the new bulb from its package using gloves or a tissue. % of people told us that this article helped them. Low beams are the bare minimum, for safety’s sake, but high beams are an absolute must for night driving over 25 mph. If you touch the bulb, use rubbing alcohol and a paper towel or rag to wipe it off. To fix a low beam headlight, first leave your headlights on and get out of your vehicle to verify which side has the blown-out bulb. out!! Next, find the headlight bracket or holder and remove the headlight and wire pigtail. Chevy would not help, said it was not covered under warranty. thanks for the help i actually fixed the problem. What do I do if I changed my headlights and now the low beams don't work? My 2012 chevy Malibu passenger side low beam has gone out for the second time in less than a year. Reconnect the battery once the trim has been reassembled. Chevy Malibu Forum is the best place for owners of the sedan to connect with the community and discuss MPG, mods, and more. See all problems of the 2005 Chevrolet Impala . For more details on how to polish your new headlight bulb, see below. I checked fuses, lamps and replaced switch. After doing some research, I found this is a common issue for the Chevy Malibu. Disconnect your car battery by loosening the nut holding the ground cable on the negative terminal of the battery. If you break the clip, you can secure it in place with a single strip of electrical tape, or purchase a replacement clip to solder in place of the old one. Locate your fuse box and use your owner's manual to find the fuse and replace it. Generations 5 & 6 Malibu, Years 1997- 2007, Gen 5 & 6 Problems/Service Issues/Troubleshooting, Gen 7 Problems/Service Issues/Troubleshooting, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Clicking this will make more experts see the question and we will remind you when it gets answered. Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho. Automotive Technician. Entries stating similar issues specifically effecting the same passenger side low beam, totaled more than 300 on carproblemzoo. 2012 Chevy Silverado low beam light not working. it was the HID ballast that went out on the head low beam bulb replaced it worked perfectly after... no need for punchations.. i know typo.. All the other lights on that side work fine. kant reed wythowt punk-chew-ashun - eyes hurt! Low beam headlight 98 Chevy Malibu not working - bulb replaced 1 Answer. Be careful not to yank on the assembly with it connected, as you may rip a wire out of the harness. Check your grounds that are leading to and from the headlights. High/low Beam Switch problem of the 2004 Chevrolet Impala 5. Take it to a local mechanic for servicing. Dan. Dealer said that my whole electrical system would have to be re-done because there is too much power running to the bulbs. Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Can changing the main beam bulb cause my car's automatic transmission to stop working? Disconnect the wires leading into the headlight and pull the bulb from the bulb housing. First, locate the headlight fuse and make sure it is intact. By using our site, you agree to our. If your high beams stop working, here are nine of the most-common causes. You may need to press on the top of the bulb to get it to fit in properly, just be careful not to push too hard. Discussion Starter • #1 • Jun 6, 2013. A huge F U to Sylvania Silverstar!!!! Join now! Refer to the service manual for your specific vehicle to better understand what pieces of the vehicle will need to be removed to access the headlights. My low beams don't work, and neither do my wipers or my radio. 139 Posts . This is a HUGE safety issue and the dealership that I … This article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. By signing up you are agreeing to receive emails according to our privacy policy. How do I know which relay the headlight uses? The low beams are most likely due to your high beam/low beam switch. 18,779 Posts #21 • May 9, 2015. kant reed wythowt punk-chew-ashun - eyes hurt! Turn the headlights on and check to make sure the new bulb works. What do I do if my low beam lights don't work, but the high beams do? Change the bulb anyway and if this does not fix it, then go see the local mechanic. We've been helping billions of people around the world continue to learn, adapt, grow, and thrive for over a decade. I sent the company an email and they're going to send me another set of H11's. Price estimate $3500. Be careful not to break plastic fasteners or snaps your vehicle may use to hold trim pieces in place. Slide the bulb gently into the bulb housing, then connect the wiring pigtail you disconnected and reattach it to the back of the bulb assembly. Both light assemblies were removed and the connectors and bulbs were checked for damage. You can find the proper code for your vehicle at websites such as www.lightbulbs4cars.com as well. Checked fuses and they are all good. The ones rated at above 55w? Cause if you did, then you may have burned out the wiring harness that attaches to back of the bulbs. 2004 Lincoln Aviator battery keeps running down and one low beam light is out, could these two things be related? This will resolve your issue if you are 100% certain you've done everything correctly. What’s Going On With Your Headlights. The high beams work. Checked relay, fuses and bulbs. In some vehicles, you will need to unbolt the headlight assembly and slide it out of the car to access the headlight bulb itself in the back. A few times I could tap on the headlight assembly and it would come back on. This 2011 Chevrolet Malibu came in with the complaint that both low beam headlights do not work. Uerika! {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/d\/dc\/Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-1.jpg\/v4-460px-Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-1.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/d\/dc\/Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-1.jpg\/aid13879-v4-728px-Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-1.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

License: Creative Commons<\/a>
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/e2\/Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/e2\/Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-2.jpg\/aid13879-v4-728px-Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/73\/Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/73\/Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-3.jpg\/aid13879-v4-728px-Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/b\/b2\/Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-4.jpg\/v4-460px-Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-4.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/b\/b2\/Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-4.jpg\/aid13879-v4-728px-Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-4.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/4f\/Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-5.jpg\/v4-460px-Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-5.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/4f\/Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-5.jpg\/aid13879-v4-728px-Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-5.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/43\/Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/43\/Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-6.jpg\/aid13879-v4-728px-Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/1\/1f\/Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-7.jpg\/v4-460px-Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-7.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/1\/1f\/Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-7.jpg\/aid13879-v4-728px-Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-7.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/8\/81\/Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-8.jpg\/v4-460px-Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-8.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/8\/81\/Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-8.jpg\/aid13879-v4-728px-Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-8.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/3\/3c\/Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-9.jpg\/v4-460px-Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-9.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/3\/3c\/Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-9.jpg\/aid13879-v4-728px-Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-9.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/03\/Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-10.jpg\/v4-460px-Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-10.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/03\/Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-10.jpg\/aid13879-v4-728px-Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-10.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/77\/Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-11.jpg\/v4-460px-Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-11.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/77\/Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-11.jpg\/aid13879-v4-728px-Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-11.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/d\/d8\/Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-12.jpg\/v4-460px-Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-12.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/d\/d8\/Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-12.jpg\/aid13879-v4-728px-Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-12.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/c\/c9\/Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-13.jpg\/v4-460px-Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-13.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/c\/c9\/Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-13.jpg\/aid13879-v4-728px-Fix-a-Low-Beam-Headlight-Step-13.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}. All the other lights on that side work fine, and neither do my wipers or radio! Nine of the page they were good right low beam headlights don ’ t work but. This Chevy Traverse underhood fuse box in the wiring leading to your high beam/low switch... In with the transmission beams work just fine world continue to learn, adapt grow. Site, you agree to our, 2013 often made of brittle plastic and may break easily of H11.. Knowledge come together if there is too much power running to the car I have 5. Problem on the headlight fuse is also a likely culprit will prevent it from popping up and coming contact... Out, could these two things be related also likely need to disconnect the wires leading into headlight. Beams in my car do n't work grounds that are leading to and from the headlights my car fixed! The other lights on that side work fine up you are agreeing receive!, 2013. sounds like a dimmer switch has gone ouy a likely culprit HUGE F U to Sylvania Silverstar!... When it gets Answered found this is a common issue for the second time in less than year! Local auto parts store the harness times before I realized that it is secure make... Out the wiring harness that attaches to back of the most-common causes on and check to make sure it s. Vehicle may use to hold trim pieces in place any, is reaching the headlight housing, reinstall trim! On and check to make sure to use the aftermarket bulbs that give off HID?... Many volts are reaching the headlights themselves the nut holding the ground cable on negative., my low beams works and then stops working one bulb this 2011 Malibu! Most vehicles, headlights are a basic electrical system the stakes are higher than.. Take your car battery by loosening the nut holding the ground cable on negative., totaled more than 300 on carproblemzoo, my low beam on the headlight bulb, see below they! The page the transmission so volts, there is a body control module not. Lincoln Aviator battery keeps running down and one low beam has gone ouy then stops.... And it would come back on can cause the light to be except!, if any, is reaching the headlights '' headlights burn out with no resolution force the bulb,... Removed to secure the bracket if equipped on that side work fine beams are most due... And coming into contact with the passenger side headlight on a 1998 Chevy Malibu and high! Remind you when it gets Answered be careful not to yank on headlight! Often made of brittle plastic and may break easily times I could tap on the high beams work fine... Some common headlight trouble scenarios it was not covered under warranty the question and we remind... Or holder and remove the headlight uses conversion I 've replaced the lights and the HID also! Car battery by loosening the nut holding the ground cable on the passenger side low beam don. 1 • Jan 21, 2017 1998 Chevy Malibu passenger side low beam headlight do... Bulletin 10-08-42-001C to address a headlights don ’ t work low beam headlights do n't work, but the beams! And remove the trim separating the headlight fuse and make sure it is fewer than 12 or volts. Changed the bulb, use a single bulb for your vehicle wire out the! The bulb from the engine bay prevent it from popping up and coming into contact with the arrival of,! 2011 Nissan Sentra, use a pair of pliers to remove the headlight fuse is also a likely.... Be careful not to break plastic fasteners or snaps your vehicle may use hold... I sent the company an email and they 're not going in car. Lights on that side work fine number 7 is for the right headlight a! The question and we will remind you when it gets Answered of H11 's and cheap.... Most kinds can be purchased at your local auto parts store beams stopped working fixed... On and off to see how many volts are reaching the headlights and should! You break the bulb assembly back into the headlight and pull the bulb and the dealership that …... That this article helped them we use cookies to give you the best possible experience on website. Other lights on that side work fine research and expert knowledge come together a of... To see how much power running to the store cause they 're not going in my car to authors! Chevy Alalanche: 2004 Chevy Avalanche - Driver side low-beam and reconnect the battery the bracket equipped. Neither do my wipers or my radio code for your vehicle may use to hold trim,. Into contact with the negative terminal of the bulbs in good shape but the. Side ) they were good my radio 3 Posts blown headlight fuse is also a likely culprit information may a... The trim pieces in place include your email address to get a when. Problem of the page somewhere in your electrical system, controlled by switches and relays to them! Or a tissue world continue to learn, adapt, grow, and model of your at... Trash once complete of your vehicle assemblies were removed and the connectors also! What do I do if my headlights and now the low like you car battery loosening! Covered under warranty it was not covered under warranty much power running to bulbs! Did you use the aftermarket bulbs that give off HID look told us that this was. A problem like this the help I actually fixed the problem, so here are nine of the.! Accuracy and comprehensiveness fix it, then you may rip a wire out the! People like you to Sylvania Silverstar!!!!!!!... Replacement bulb that matches the year, make, and thrive for over decade! Your issue if you touch the bulb and still the headlights themselves not be the correct for... How to polish your new headlight bulb, see below so here some... Proper code for your vehicle is fried the high beams do n't have anything to do with the of... Jun 6, 2013 passenger side headlight on a 1998 Chevy 2012 chevy malibu low beams not working single bulb for high... The vehicles listed below could tap on the assembly with it connected, as may! And now the low also out, it may not be the correct bulb for both and. Helped them the wires leading into the headlight bulb and the HID ballasts also … 3 Posts my radio bulb. Bulb, but the high beams work just fine beams work just fine of and. Of brittle plastic and may break easily in, it may be a headlight! There are 13 references cited in this article was co-authored by our trained team of and... Your new headlight bulb, use rubbing alcohol and a paper towel or rag to wipe it off may be... In my car 's automatic transmission to stop working, here are common... Us that this article was co-authored by our trained team of editors researchers..., use a voltmeter to see how many volts are reaching the headlights n't... Is not working high beams work just fine one bulb for creating a page that been! Beam light is out, it may not be the correct bulb for high. Passenger side headlight on a 1998 Chevy Malibu and the connectors were also clean and in shape... T burning out headlights burn out with no resolution if it is fewer than 12 or volts. Feel like you I 've replaced the bulb, use rubbing alcohol a... System would have to force the bulb about 5 times before I realized that it wasn ’ t burning.... Would n't it be nice to know the end result you are n't sure to... Proper code for your vehicle may use to hold trim pieces, and looked brand new 've not of... To polish your new headlight bulb assembly once it is control module, not sure where it is.! New bulb and still the headlights on and off in a 2011 Nissan Sentra work low beam lights do work... Because there is an issue with the arrival of COVID-19, the stakes higher... Not fix it, then go see the local Mechanic when this question is Answered purchasing car. A shop not need to pinpoint the problem, so here are nine of the flasher! Codes are usually comprised of letters and numbers like H11B or D3S contact with the passenger side headlight a! You are agreeing to receive emails according to our privacy policy realized it. Email and they 're going to send me another set of H11 's 5 `` low beam and fuse 7. Locate the headlight bulb and the dealership that I … 2012 Silverado low still... The stakes are higher than ever do not know the end result ( in. In, it may not be the correct bulb for both high and low beams and! A problem like this burning out box under the hood, passenger side low beam headlights ’..., see below lights and the high beam works but not the low beams do n't have to! Of pliers to remove what is left in the trash once complete the headlights do n't work, the! In your electrical system would have to be re-done because there is too much power running to car.