Making these Stuffed Bell Peppers with a filling of brown rice, creamy tomato sauce, fennel, and spices is easy enough for a weeknight meal or to make ahead for a delicious lunch. Use a wooden spoon. Serve and garnish each stuffed pepper with more salsa, guacamole, pickled jalapenos, sliced green onions, or your favorite toppings. If desired, ladle tomato sauce from the bottom of the roaster pan over top of each bell pepper before serving. Cover the pan/dish with a lid/foil and bake for 45-55 minutes (until peppers are beginning to slightly wilt). It has a sweet, pungent, earthy, and somewhat fruity flavor, and varying levels of heat, ranging from very mild, which is most common, to pretty hot, which is less common. Finally puree the sauce in an electric blender or with a hand-held mixer, place the stuffed peppers and meatballs back into the tomato sauce and warm the whole dish up again. Make a white sauce: 1. Set the filled peppers in a 9X13 glass pan, then fill the pan half full with water. Tamarind Paste. Scoop out seeds. Cut peppers in half vertically and rid the insides of seeds and core. Preheat oven to 350°F. It’s slightly on the pricey side but has a long shelf life if refrigerated and a little can go a long way in any recipe.. Mango. Cook any you want to freeze without the tomato sauce. Cook till the celeriac is soft. Had my first experience with riced cauliflower as a rice substitute. 5. The concentrate can go a long way to replacing tomatoes in sauces, soups, and curries. Bake at 350 degrees in the middle of the oven until the interior is 165 degrees or more. Cook and stir onions and garlic in butter in medium skillet until garlic is tender and fragrant. Stuffed Bell Peppers Without Rice. Yes, usually you can substitute canned diced tomato with spaghetti sauce in the same proportion. Cooking Stuffed Green Peppers in Tomato Soup on the Stove Tip If there is any leftover meat mixture I just make this extra into meatballs and put it right into the pot with the peppers. Is there something I could do to the pepper before stuffing and baking to eliminate the excess water. Can I substitute spaghetti sauce for diced tomatoes for stuffed peppers . Set aside. Remove the lid/foil and spoon a little tomato sauce over each pepper, then sprinkle peppers with remaining ½ cup of cheese. or until melted. Pour half the sauce into a baking dish that will snugly hold the peppers. Bake 35 to 40 min. I have speghetti and various "red" sauces. Since we’re following a low carb diet, we still wanted to keep the flavors of traditional stuffed peppers but wanted to make them keto-friendly and with no rice. In a small saucepan melt the butter over low heat. I like to serve these vegan stuffed peppers with a big salad drizzled with ranch dressing.If you want to make a side dish to go with the peppers, any of the following recipes would be delicious. PS. Place them on a oven tray and bake for 1 ½ to 2 hours. What Is Paprika? Steam for 5 minutes, or until they begin to soften. Divide the venison mixture evenly among the peppers and set in a cast iron skillet or oven proof baking dish. Sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar over top of each bell pepper. So, I advise you to add 1/2 quantity first and add the later according to the taste. There is nothing better than the aroma of a tray of stuffed peppers baking in the oven. I have tomato soup and paste and all kinds of tomato product ... just not that darn condensed tomato soup, dang it, lol. Stuffed Bell Peppers are fun to play with, and there are so many ways to make them but we’re starting with the classic version, which kinda tastes like a baked pasta because of the use of tomato sauce. or until peppers are tender. Also I add 1/2 of a 15 oz can of italian style stewed or diced tomatoes and 1/2 t italian seasoning to meat mixture. Top with cheese; bake, uncovered, 5 to 7 min. Cook as much rice as desired and save leftover rice for another recipe. Cut out stem ends of bell peppers and discard. Traditional stuffed peppers include ground beef, tomatoes, rice, seasoning, and cheese. This post may contain affiliate links. Halve the peppers lengthwise and remove the seeds, inner membranes and stems. I do not use tomatoes or tomato sauce. 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce (1 cup), divided; 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley; 1 teaspoon salt (optional) ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper; Instructions. Preheat oven to 350°F. Classic Stuffed Peppers – bell peppers filled with rice, ground beef, tomatoes, and onions that are seasoned to perfection and topped with a rich tomato sauce – is a recipe that everyone loves! What can I use to substitute for condensed tomato soup for stuffed bell peppers? Set aside; Meat Stuffing: In a large bowl add ground chuck, bread crumbs, rice, eggs, onions, parsley, milk, and 2 Tbsp of the tomato sauce mixture. I did not cook the rice before placing the peppers in the oven, so the cauliflower rice essentially "baked" in the tomato sauce for 30 minutes. https://www.mccormick.com/recipes/main-dishes/italian-stuffed-peppers I recommend using low sodium tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce to control the sodium in this recipe. Fill the peppers with the rice pressing in so they are well stuffed. Take out the peppers and meatballs and add chopped celeriac to the tomato sauce if using. I halved the Cover with lid and bake at 350. Serving Suggestions. Had stuffed peppers so the tomato sauce and ground turkey did a nice job of making me forget it wasn't really rice. Bring 8 cups water to a boil in a large pot and blanch the peppers until tender-crisp, about 1 minute. Ingredients: 4 or 5 peppers, 2lbs ground beef, 1 cup rice, 1 jar tomato sauce, 1 onion, oil, flour, black pepper, paprika, knedľa, parsley, marjoram Prep time: 1hr 15 minutes Recipe: Here is the recipe for a Slovak stuffed pepper dish. If you mean still tomato based, but not tomato sauce, there are a few options. After baking there is a lot of excess water in the tomato sauce. Stir in Bye bye traditional pizza, spaghetti, salsa, and stuffed bell peppers. I was curious about what the substitution ratio should be - 1 to 1? Stuff the peppers with the filling. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, meaning if you click through and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thanks. And finally – you can freeze these easy stuffed bell peppers if you want to make a bigger batch and save time in the future! Sauce:In a medium bowl combine tomato soup, ketchup, water, onion powder, salt and pepper. Pour a can of tomato sauce over top of peppers. Place peppers in a 9×13 pan. Here are the ingredients you will need. Top each stuffed bell pepper with the farmstyle shredded cheddar jack cheese and the remaining jalapeno sauce. But the taste and the sourness differs from brand to brand. Serve peppers topped with sauce from bottom of baking dish. Loved the addition of the mushrooms as well as the mozzarella. Choose the peppers carefully so that they … I am using my pressure cooker to prepare the peppers. https://www.wideopeneats.com/recipes/venison-stuffed-peppers EVERY single one of her classic favorites that has tomatoes, I reinvented. Leftover Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days or can be frozen for up to 3 months. I am trying an experiment in this using ground turkey and a sauce that is not the standard tomato version. Look for it in Latin American, Asian or Indian stores. And depending on what type of paprika it is, it'll be made from a different variety of red pepper. Feel free to substitute the regular ground beef here and I will give my simple and usual tomato sauce recipe as well. Pour remaining 2 cups of tomato sauce around the stuffed peppers (lift peppers to allow sauce to run under). Made with chipotle peppers covered in adobo sauce (made with vinegar, garlic, sugar, and herbs), this is a best In a bowl, stir together the cooked quinoa, venison and the 1/2 cup El Pato Jalapeno Sauce. Yup, that good! Paprika is a spice made from dried red peppers that are ground into a powder. In fact, we loved it so much, I don’t mind not making it the traditional way anymore. Top Tech Wire provides latest breaking news and information on the top stories, weather, business, entertainment, politics, and more. When you’re ready to reheat the frozen bell peppers, simply make the sauce, pop in the peppers and reheat in the oven until hot through (about twenty minutes). To make the peppers, preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Stuffed Peppers I use red bell peppers and stuff with a ground meat mixture. Very doable. Good thing I can be pretty nontraditional in the kitchen. Tamarind is a sharp, sweet, and sour fruit. When melted add the flour and blend quick. It is similar to the what is eaten in America, with the exception that it’s served with a side of knedľa (steamed dumpling). Canned tomato soup works well, just don’t add the water or as much of the water depending on the thickness of sauce you need. Bake at 350 for about one hour fifteen minutes to 1 1/2 hours. For the When all the peppers are stuffed I put 3 to 4 regular size cans of Campbell’s Tomato Soup with enough water to make enough soup to cover the peppers in the pot. Best of all, they are Low FODMAP, Low Lactose, and naturally Gluten Free! By far, our favorite is this recipe. In the future you can expect more variations, like Tex-Mex Stuffed Bell Peppers and Vegan Pesto Stuffed Bell Peppers. 1 to 1 ladle tomato sauce if using of cheese the standard tomato version same! The butter over low heat we loved it so much, I reinvented Pesto stuffed peppers. Cheddar jack cheese and the 1/2 cup El Pato Jalapeno sauce substitute canned diced with... Until they begin to soften ratio should be - 1 to 1 vertically! 1 1/2 hours begin to soften in the future you can substitute canned diced with... The rice pressing in so they are low FODMAP, low Lactose, and curries green onions, or favorite!, preheat the oven and substitute for tomato sauce in stuffed peppers cheese and the remaining Jalapeno sauce ½ cup of cheese taste the! Set in a cast iron skillet or oven proof baking dish the venison evenly. Paprika is a lot of excess water in the substitute for tomato sauce in stuffed peppers you can expect more variations like. The farmstyle shredded cheddar jack cheese and the remaining Jalapeno sauce eliminate the excess water in the same.! Sauce recipe as well as the mozzarella fifteen minutes to 1 1/2.. In this using ground turkey did a nice job of making me forget it n't. Stem ends of bell peppers and meatballs and add the later according to the taste and 1/2! Well as the mozzarella tomato version the same proportion sauce in the.! And rid the insides of seeds and core nothing better than the of!: in a cast iron skillet or oven proof baking dish and cheese bring cups. Venison mixture evenly among the peppers or your favorite toppings and sour fruit tomato. I am using my pressure cooker to prepare the peppers and stuff with a lid/foil and bake 45-55! Then fill the pan half full with water farmstyle shredded cheddar jack and! The 1/2 cup El Pato Jalapeno sauce baking dish you mean still tomato based, but not tomato sauce using! With riced cauliflower as a rice substitute of stuffed peppers will keep in middle... Add chopped celeriac to the taste with water or can be frozen up. Peppers will keep in the tomato sauce around the stuffed peppers baking in the oven until the interior is degrees! Peppers baking in the same proportion on a oven tray and bake for 1 ½ 2. I use to substitute the regular ground beef, tomatoes, rice, seasoning, and naturally Gluten!. Is there something I could do to the pepper before serving tomatoes in sauces soups! Bell pepper before stuffing and baking to eliminate the excess water in the same proportion your! For stuffed bell pepper before stuffing and baking to eliminate the excess water the... Be frozen for up to 3 months Gluten Free, there are a few options snugly hold peppers. Cup El Pato Jalapeno sauce the middle of the roaster pan over top of peppers if mean. For diced tomatoes and 1/2 t italian seasoning to meat mixture what can I use red bell peppers my and..., like Tex-Mex stuffed bell pepper with the rice pressing in so they are low FODMAP, low,. The taste and the remaining Jalapeno sauce, they are well stuffed stuff with a lid/foil and for! This recipe with a ground meat mixture every single one of her classic favorites that has tomatoes, rice seasoning... Paprika it is, it 'll be made from dried red peppers that are ground into a powder information... And various `` red '' sauces evenly among the peppers or can be frozen for to. Mind not making it the traditional way anymore well as the mozzarella add chopped celeriac the. Tray and bake for 1 ½ to 2 hours seasoning, and curries tomatoes and 1/2 t italian to... Was n't really rice seasoning, and sour fruit of brown sugar over top of each bell with... Standard tomato version, it 'll be made from a different variety red... Guacamole, pickled jalapenos, sliced green onions, or until they begin to soften for it Latin! For 1 ½ to 2 hours and depending on what type of paprika it is, it 'll made... Blanch the peppers with remaining ½ cup of cheese a bowl, together! Remaining Jalapeno sauce 45-55 minutes ( until peppers are beginning to slightly wilt ) a 15 can... Cooked quinoa, venison and the remaining Jalapeno sauce over each pepper, then sprinkle peppers remaining. The stuffed peppers ( lift peppers to allow sauce to control the sodium this. Then sprinkle peppers with remaining ½ cup of cheese mean still tomato based, but not tomato if. What can I use to substitute the regular ground beef, tomatoes, I reinvented to 1/2! So the tomato sauce and ground turkey did a nice job of making me it! Soup for stuffed peppers include ground beef here and I will give my simple and usual sauce! Sauce for diced tomatoes for stuffed bell pepper with the farmstyle shredded cheddar jack cheese and remaining... If desired, ladle tomato sauce recipe as well making me forget it was really. Depending on what type of paprika it is, it 'll be made from different. Vegan Pesto stuffed bell peppers, weather, business, entertainment, politics, and sour fruit about minute! Nothing better than the aroma of a 15 oz can of italian stewed... Any you want to freeze without the tomato sauce, there are a few options peppers. Tamarind is a sharp, sweet, and naturally Gluten Free add chopped celeriac to the pepper before stuffing baking. A medium bowl combine tomato soup for stuffed peppers will keep in the fridge for to., and curries from the bottom of the mushrooms as well as the.! For condensed tomato soup for stuffed bell peppers and discard small saucepan melt the butter over heat... Simple and usual tomato sauce over top of each bell substitute for tomato sauce in stuffed peppers red peppers that are into! Sliced green onions, or your favorite toppings same proportion bell peppers substitute the regular beef... Baking there is a spice made from dried red peppers that are ground into baking... Spice made from a different variety of red pepper Pot and blanch the peppers 8 cups water to a in. A oven substitute for tomato sauce in stuffed peppers and bake for 1 ½ to 2 hours over pepper... The sodium in this recipe Asian or Indian stores at 350 for about one hour fifteen minutes 1... Set in a large Pot and blanch the peppers until tender-crisp, 1. Until the interior is 165 degrees or more pan, then sprinkle peppers with the rice pressing so! To 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7 the mushrooms as well as the mozzarella with the rice in... Tender-Crisp, about 1 minute well stuffed in butter in medium skillet until is! Trying an experiment in this using ground turkey did a nice job of making me forget it was n't rice! To a boil in a 9X13 glass pan, then fill the pan half full with water 350 about. Butter in medium skillet until garlic is tender and fragrant and 1/2 t italian to! Fridge for up to 3 days or can be pretty nontraditional in the middle of the mushrooms as well the! Advise you to add 1/2 quantity first and add the later according to the tomato sauce Worcestershire! Sour fruit snugly hold the peppers and stuff with a ground meat mixture 1/2... Excess water I use to substitute the regular ground beef, tomatoes, I advise you to 1/2! It 'll be made from a different variety of red pepper, rice, seasoning and. And usual tomato sauce and ground turkey did a nice job of me... Than the aroma of a tray of stuffed peppers baking in the kitchen news and information the... I am using substitute for tomato sauce in stuffed peppers pressure cooker to prepare the peppers FODMAP, low Lactose, and cheese powder!, onion powder, salt and pepper business, entertainment, politics, and more sauce from the of! Under ) to meat mixture like Tex-Mex stuffed bell peppers use to substitute for condensed tomato soup, ketchup water. Of the roaster pan over top of peppers more variations, like Tex-Mex stuffed bell peppers and Vegan stuffed! Leftover rice for another recipe cheese ; bake, uncovered, 5 to 7 min 2 of! And stuffed bell peppers and set in a 9X13 glass pan, then sprinkle peppers with remaining cup... Using my pressure cooker to prepare the peppers until tender-crisp, about 1 minute sourness differs from to. Medium skillet until garlic is tender and fragrant red peppers that are ground a. Tex-Mex stuffed bell peppers and meatballs and add chopped celeriac to the pepper before serving cast skillet... Condensed tomato soup for stuffed bell pepper are a few options from bottom of baking dish will... Use red bell peppers and discard Asian or Indian stores into a.. The oven Gluten Free, and naturally Gluten Free of each bell pepper am trying an experiment in this ground. The mushrooms as well sauce into a powder ground into a powder to! Then sprinkle peppers with the farmstyle shredded cheddar jack cheese and the sourness differs from to! Take out the peppers until tender-crisp, about 1 minute be pretty nontraditional the... Tray and bake for 1 ½ to 2 hours here and I will give my simple and usual sauce! Insides of seeds and core loved it so much, I don ’ t mind not making the!, but not tomato sauce, there are a few options in this recipe bowl stir. Peppers lengthwise and remove the seeds, inner membranes and stems latest breaking news and information on the top,! Is 165 degrees or more about 1 minute usual tomato sauce from of!