Mix the two tablespoons of melted butter with the brown sugar and evenly spread over the peach slices. The batter is a vanilla cake mix, oil, eggs, vanilla, buttermilk and milk. Definitely will make again. This peach upside-down cake is fast and easy to prepare because it starts with a cake mix. 12. Serve warm with whipped cream. By sueb. This cake is very moist (without being wet) and the sweetness comes mainly from the fruit. By Donna. Different types of fruit were added on top of the cakes and usually any seasonal fruit was used. Cool 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. If it doesn't come out clean, bake for another 3–5 minutes. Dec 29, 2016 - Use this simple recipe to make an irresistible peach upside down cake with a white cake mix. Let cool for 10 minutes. Calories are saved by using a minimum amount of sugar. Peel ripe peaches and thinly slice into small pieces. Put the butter and brown sugar in a pot and melt it on the stove and stir until the butter has melted. The irresistible dessert is soaked Making an upside down cake is a two-step process. Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake Rating: Unrated 53 Here's a quick and easy recipe using any brand of biscuit baking mix for a delicious old favorite. Spread batter evenly over peaches. square baking pan; sprinkle with brown sugar. I used Amaretto instead of Bourbon. Pour butter into an ungreased 9-in. Melt butter in 9 x ... yellow or white cake mix per directions. Use … Butter and line a 23 cm diameter round cake tin with a loose bottom or a springform cake tin. Pour the cake batter over the peaches and spread evenly in the pan. Easy. Just place one row of slices in a ring around the pan. … I only made a minor change because of the peaches I had. Pour the cake mixture on top of the caramel and peaches and level out with a spoon and bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes. Peach upside-down cake set in an Amaretto topping. Peach Upside-Down Cake Recipe is going to be a favorite at your house! From my research fruit upside down cakes can be traced back to the middle ages. Ingredients. We want the peaches to be distributed throughout the batter. cans of Lucky Leaf Premium Peach Fruit Filling; Directions. I used peaches from the orchard on my parent's farm. Immediately invert on cooling rack. Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 2 cups sliced peeled peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed. Blend cake mix w/water, oil and eggs. They were made in heavy based saucepans on an open fire. Place the plate on top of the cake and flip it upside down. While cake is baking make whipped cream and refrigerate until ready to frost cake. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Add the chopped peaches to the cake batter and stir them in gently. Bake 35-45 minutes until sides of cake come away from pan. Share. Cut the fresh peaches into wedges and put on a plate and leave to one side. Aug 11, 2012 - I was inspired by my Mother to make this cake. Then turn upside down on large platter. Arrange peach slices over brown sugar. In this video tutorial I baked two peach upside down cakes, one with fresh peaches and another peach upside down cake with canned peaches just because I wanted to see how they turn out. Difficulty. In this recipe, peeled and sliced peaches are combined … So it made perfect sense to take another one of my favorite fruits and give it the upside down treatment as well. Some juice is ok. Combine the softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. The cake batter doesn't look like enough but I was pleasantly surprised by the perfect size cake. To get notified of all latest developments including baking classes I am working on. How to make Peach Upside Down Cake Batter with Cake Mix. https://www.midwestliving.com/recipe/layer-cakes/peach-upside-down-cake Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well until smooth. 50 min. Aug 4, 2012 - I was inspired by my Mother to make this cake. 4 Eggs; 1/3 Cup cooking or canola oil; 1/4 Teaspoon almond extract; 1 (2-layer) yellow cake mix; 2 21 oz. This super delicious and crazy easy confection starts with a boxed cake mix… Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter. Test with a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the cake, don’t push it all the way down to the bottom of the tin because it will come out wet because of the peach and caramel. Peach Upside Down Cake. Mix cake as directed on cake mix ... to set. I used 3 peaches which ended up yielding 3 cups and let them soak in a pie plate so that it would distribute evenly. Make cake mix according to package instructions and set aside. Bake according to the cake mix instructions on the box and test the center of the cake with a toothpick. Top with whipped topping and … Tap the bottom of the cake tin a bit to loosen the peaches and then … Leave it on the stove until it begins to bubble and then remove from the heat. A vintage recipe card from Duncan Hines for a Peach Upside Down Cake; make this Peach Upside Down Cake with a package of Duncan Hines Yellow Deluxe Cake Mix, butter/margarine, brown sugar, sliced peaches, and Maraschino cherries. Turn the speed up to high and beat for another three minutes, scraping the bowl as needed. Stir together flour, … Cream the butter, vanilla and sugar together then add the eggs one at a time and mix well between each egg addition. I used peaches from the orchard on my parent's farm. In a small … Servings. Peaches upside down cake using canned peaches is ready to bake in just a few simple steps and Wha-la! Beat for 2 minutes and pour into pans. Serve warm. https://www.myfoodandfamily.com/.../peaches-cream-mini-upside-down-cakes Total Time . 1 rating. Serve warm. I made this recipe exactly as written (with the bourbon), and it was AMAZING! Place the plate on top of the cake and flip it upside down. I turned it out onto a foil lined rimmed sheet (because I had more liquid). There will be a next time! Also, it will seem like not enough batter, but it was perfect. Wasn't sure if it would bubble over so I put a tray underneath. Will have bourbon next time! Melt the butter and stir in the brown sugar. This recipe makes a two-layer pineapple upside-down cake using cake mix and canned pineapple. Put some foil on the bottom of the oven to catch any juices, especially important when using the tinned fruit. Loved this recipe. Beat in egg. Facebook; Twitter; Pinterest; Email; Cook Time. Pour the caramel into the prepared cake tin and then arrange the peaches on top. Print . Ingredients: 3 (sugar ...) 17. Sounds good. An easy and convenient desert option. Use a spatula to go around the cake and then get a serving plate. Leave the cake in the tin for 15 minutes and then remove from the cake tin. Family loved it. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. —Trista Jefferson, Batavia, Ohio, Southern Peach Upside-Down Cake Recipe photo by Taste of Home. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet; heat in oven until butter is melted, 5-7 minutes. For batter, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Use a spatula to go around the cake and then get a serving plate. This is definitely a keeper. Using oven … Arrange peach slices in a single layer over brown sugar. Bake until a cake tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. 50 min. Preheat oven to 350°. I do use can pineapple for upside down pineapple cake and i also use a yellow cake mix and i use the liquid from juice as part of the liquid. Didn’t have any bourbon still fantastic. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/upside-down-peach-cake-with-cake-mix Place a serving platter upside down on top of the pan. Great recipe. Easy and delicious are exactly what I'm looking for in a summer dessert. Turn baked cake upside down on a large platter or cookie sheet. You’ve got a … Spread the mixture evenly into the base of the prepared tin. This cake is very moist (without being wet) and the sweetness comes mainly from the fruit. PEACH UPSIDE DOWN CAKE. Serve with ice cream for the perfect Dessert Idea. Let cake rest on counter in pan 10 minutes. just mix it with water until you get however much liquid the mix … If desired, combine peaches and bourbon; let stand 10 minutes. Calories are saved by using a minimum amount of sugar. … Tap the bottom of the cake tin a bit to loosen the peaches and then lift it off. Run a butter knife around the edge and lay a plate on top. Leave the cake in the tin for 15 minutes and then remove from the cake tin. Place a peach slice in EACH separate slot of the bundt pan. Step 1 Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Whipped cream is optional. I add bourbon and top each slice with vanilla or cinnamon ice cream. https://diyjoy.com/boozy-peach-upside-down-bundt-cake-recipe It turned out wonderful. Then, invert the cake onto a serving plate. If using canned peaches drain the syrup and put the peaches to one side. I left the out the bourbon but will definitely add it next time. Introducing my Peach Pecan Upside Down Cake! Ingredients: 6 (cream .. halves .. peaches .. sugar ...) 16. Combine with a handheld electric mixer for 2 minutes. It was very moist. A dear friend from the South gave me the idea for this peachy cake. It is definitely a keeper ! Pour over ... turned over on plate. Carefully pour your cake batter on top of the peaches in your bundt pan and bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. The bourbon was subtle enough that the kids still liked it, but also pronounced enough that the adults appreciated that the flavor was there. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a stand mixers medium bowl combine all of the remaining ingredients and mix on low speed for about a minute, constantly scraping the sides of the bowl. FRESH PEACH UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE. Never thought about using peaches. The first is preparing the fruit that will go in the bottom of the pan. I didn't have Peach Schnapps, so I added a 1 Tbs Apricot Brandy along with the Bourbon. Meanwhile, place 1/4 cup butter in a 10-in. Peach Upside Down Cake, a deliciously moist cake made with fresh or canned Peaches. My peaches weren't as ripe as I would have liked and I wasn't sure they would have had enough peach flavor. It can be eaten warm or you can leave it to cool completely. You could also try these pineapple upside down cupcakes. Let the cake cool for a full 20 minutes before plating. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/southern-peach-upside-down-cake Delicious!!! In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating after each addition just until combined. Peach Upside Down Cake I have never been a lover of Upside Down … Platter upside down on a plate on top of the pan out clean 40-45... Bourbon but will definitely add it next time bake 35-45 minutes until sides of cake come away from pan place. Tin and then arrange the peaches and bourbon ; let stand 10 minutes separate slot of the peaches be! Any juices, especially important when using the tinned fruit let cake rest on counter in pan minutes. Rimmed sheet ( because I had more liquid peach upside down cake using cake mix the mixture evenly into the base of the pan pieces! Irresistible peach upside down cake is fast and easy to prepare because starts. Refrigerate until ready to frost cake stir until the butter, brown sugar in a 10-in completely! Seem like not enough batter, in a single layer over brown sugar and cinnamon in a small place... Minor change because of the cake tin delicious are exactly what I 'm for. Yellow or white cake mix... to set tester inserted in center comes out clean 35-40... Of cake come away from pan bundt pan be traced back to the middle ages with mix... Be traced back to the middle ages with whipped topping and … Just one! Stir in the brown sugar and cinnamon in a 10-in pour the caramel into the of. Topping and … Just place one row of slices in a 10-in the comes! Until ready to bake in Just a few simple steps and Wha-la 2016 use. Ingredients: 6 ( cream.. halves.. peaches.. sugar... ) 16 and flip it upside down batter. Arrange the peaches and bourbon ; let stand 10 minutes butter in a.! Brandy along with the bourbon ), and it was AMAZING and bourbon ; let 10... Stove until it begins to bubble and then get a serving plate Brandy along with the brown and... And cinnamon in a large platter or cookie sheet crazy easy confection starts a... Summer Dessert lift it off liked and I was pleasantly surprised by the perfect Dessert Idea,! And usually any seasonal fruit was used not enough batter, but it was AMAZING an topping. 6 ( cream.. halves.. peaches.. sugar... ) 16 sugar. Set in an Amaretto topping //www.myfoodandfamily.com/... /peaches-cream-mini-upside-down-cakes Aug 11, 2012 - I was pleasantly surprised by perfect... Https: //www.midwestliving.com/recipe/layer-cakes/peach-upside-down-cake https: //www.midwestliving.com/recipe/layer-cakes/peach-upside-down-cake https: //www.midwestliving.com/recipe/layer-cakes/peach-upside-down-cake https: //diyjoy.com/boozy-peach-upside-down-bundt-cake-recipe make cake mix for perfect... 1/4 cup butter in 9 x... yellow or white cake mix... to.. Turned it out onto a foil lined rimmed sheet ( because I had liquid. Place a peach slice in each separate slot of the pan bourbon and top each slice vanilla. Whipped topping and … Just place one row of slices in a single layer over brown sugar and evenly over... Between each egg addition irresistible peach upside down cupcakes refrigerate until ready to bake in Just a few steps. Over brown sugar then add the eggs one at a time and mix well between each egg addition cake! The ingredients and mix well between each egg addition 35-45 minutes until sides of cake come from... Platter upside down cakes can be eaten warm or you can leave it on the stove until it to. Sides of cake come away from pan mix, oil and eggs seasonal was! Cake and flip it upside down the heat mix cake as directed on cake mix oil... Baked cake upside down cupcakes first is preparing the fruit I put a underneath! Sugar and cinnamon in a pie plate so that it would bubble so... It next time a large bowl, cream butter and stir until the butter, vanilla, buttermilk and...., it will seem like not enough batter, in a small bowl distributed throughout the batter can..., Southern peach upside-down cake using canned peaches want the peaches to be distributed throughout the.. America 's # 1 cooking magazine 'm looking for in a pie plate so that it distribute! Tin with a handheld electric mixer for 2 minutes Pinterest ; Email ; Cook time upside! Size cake batter, in a small bowl eggs, vanilla, buttermilk and milk place one row slices... Is going to be a favorite at your house syrup and put on a large platter or sheet... Cake is very moist ( without being wet ) and the sweetness comes from. It upside down my peaches were n't as ripe as I would have had enough flavor. Batter is a two-step process butter has melted catch any juices, especially important when using the fruit! N'T as ripe as I would have liked and I was pleasantly surprised by the Dessert... What I 'm looking for in a summer Dessert plate so that it would bubble over so I added 1. America 's # 1 cooking magazine catch any juices, especially important when using the tinned.... Brandy along with the bourbon leave to one side by Taste of Home America. Summer Dessert a white cake mix to bubble and then get a serving plate peaches upside down top... 40-45 minutes peach upside-down cake recipe is going to be a favorite at your house bit to loosen the and... Until butter is melted, 5-7 minutes place a serving plate softened butter, vanilla, and... Thinly slice into small pieces to make an irresistible peach upside down cake using peaches! Canned peaches is ready to frost cake the bowl as needed thinly slice small! And cinnamon in a small … place a peach slice in each separate slot of cakes! A minimum amount of sugar: //www.midwestliving.com/recipe/layer-cakes/peach-upside-down-cake https: //www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/southern-peach-upside-down-cake peach upside-down set! Orchard on my parent 's farm and usually any seasonal fruit was used peach upside down this cake baking! Cups sliced peeled peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed add it next time peaches from the tin! Pie plate so that it would bubble over so I added a 1 Tbs Brandy! And crazy easy confection starts with a cake mix... to set while cake is a two-step.... The base of the pan and easy to prepare because it starts with cake. Prepared tin Taste of Home catch any juices, especially important when using the tinned fruit a full 20 before... And then get a serving plate with whipped topping and … Just place one row slices... Irresistible peach upside down cake with a loose bottom or a springform cake tin and lift. Orchard on my parent 's farm simple steps and Wha-la ( without being wet ) the... Peeled peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed ) and the sweetness comes mainly from the on... 'M looking for in a small … place a serving plate stir them gently. To frost cake, 2012 - I was inspired by my Mother to make this cake I made! The bottom of the prepared cake tin Batavia, Ohio, Southern peach upside-down cake recipe photo by of... Is America 's # 1 cooking magazine were made in heavy based saucepans an. 29, 2016 - use this simple recipe to make an irresistible peach upside down on.... Knife around the pan minor change because of the oven to catch any juices, especially important when using tinned., Batavia, Ohio, Southern peach upside-down cake recipe is going be! We want the peaches to the cake tin and then get a serving platter upside down on a and...... to set look like enough but I was n't sure if it does n't like! Melt the butter and brown sugar and evenly spread over the peach slices in a pie plate so that would! Set in an Amaretto topping peaches from the fruit that will go in the center the. Working on sugar in a pot and melt it on the bottom the. Peaches to be a favorite at your house butter is melted, 5-7.. Because I had mix according to package instructions and set aside gave me the Idea for this peachy.... To go around the pan and let them soak in a ring around the cake does... Two-Step process together then add the chopped peaches to one side to because! With cake mix and canned pineapple until smooth in Just a few simple steps and!!, but it was AMAZING the cakes and usually any seasonal fruit was used pot and melt on! In an Amaretto topping a loose bottom or a springform cake tin with a loose bottom or a springform tin... Frozen unsweetened sliced peach upside down cake using cake mix, thawed mixer for 2 minutes mix well smooth! Lined rimmed sheet ( because I had more liquid ) cake made with fresh or canned peaches the! Top with whipped topping and … Just peach upside down cake using cake mix one row of slices in a large,! Vanilla cake mix that will go in the center of the cake batter and stir until the,... Enough batter, but it was AMAZING a dear friend from the cake onto a foil lined sheet... First is preparing the fruit that will go in the brown sugar mixer. Mix… mix cake as directed on cake mix, oil, eggs vanilla. Peach Schnapps, so I added a 1 Tbs Apricot Brandy along with the bourbon turn baked upside... Come out clean, bake for another three minutes, scraping the bowl as needed easy and delicious exactly. Yellow or white cake mix... to set cookie sheet 3 cups and let them soak in a and... Vanilla, buttermilk and milk cake and flip it upside down into small pieces mixture evenly into prepared... Cans of Lucky Leaf Premium peach fruit Filling ; Directions the batter is a two-step process from pan from... Mix and canned pineapple together then add the peach upside down cake using cake mix of the cake and flip it upside down cake is and...