Just make sure to not overcook the chicken breast pieces, they cook much faster than thighs. We reduce the amount of butter, have options for the cream (whipped cream, yogurt, or coconut milk – your choice! Win! Add the marinated chicken (along with all of the marinade) to the pan. Here’s my best advice to help you succeed with the recipe: JOIN THE FREE 7-DAY CLEAN-EATING CHALLENGE. Coat chicken thighs and marinade overnight or at least 20 minutes Heat wok with a little oil, melt butter Stir in onions, garlic and ginger for approximately 1 to 2 minutes How to make Indian butter chicken in the Instant Pot You can easily make it dairy-free by using 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk for the marinade and 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk for the sauce. Mix and set aside. Add the yogurt and water, reduce the heat to medium or medium-low, enough to maintain a steady simmer. Top baked greek yogurt chicken recipes and other great tasting recipes with a healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com. Reduce heat to low and whisk in Greek yogurt and condensed milk and heat until warm, whisking … Place chicken in a large zipper lock plastic bag. https://www.stonyfield.com/recipes/creamy-chicken-baked-pasta This amazing healthy chicken salad recipe with Greek yogurt and no grapes, is the best! By using only a teaspoon of sugar we counteract the tomato sauce’s acidity without making the sauce overly sweet. Greek Yogurt Skinny Cheesecake Bites Recipe by Rena. Made with a splash of mayonnaise will become a favorite weeknight dinner when you just need a fast meal on your table under 20 minutes. Cook the chicken for 45-60 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 F. When you open the oven the chicken will be be golden brown on top and the amazing smell will make your mouth water. All you’ll need for the Greek Yogurt marinade is FAGE yogurt, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, thyme and a few … So…. By cutting down on the butter and swapping heavy cream for a combination of light coconut milk and Greek yogurt, you still get all of the exotic flavors in a lightened up dish. Serve with Naan Bread or with your side dishes and enjoy! But if you want pure butter chicken, feel free to add a bit more chicken and omit the veggies. So here are 10 Perfect Dinner Recipes Using Chicken and Plain Greek Yogurt, in no particular order. Serve the chicken hot with extra sauce spooned over top. https://healthyhomecleaning.com/best-indian-butter-chicken-recipe And these biscuits are the perfect to serve with any meal, or eat on their own. My new favourite! These chicken breasts marinated in yogurt with garlic and thyme are so good they’re bound to become your new favorite din din! Greek yogurt chicken is easy and healthy chicken dinner as well as a low carb chicken recipe? Like it spicy? You can increase the amount of cayenne up to 1/2 teaspoon. To bake the chicken, place the chicken pieces in a large casserole dish. It’s delicious as a base (like in these yogurt bowls) as a sauce, mixed in for creaminess, or just used on top for a topping! 3) Line baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. 1.5 lbs skinless boneless chicken thighs, as specified in the ingredient list of the recipe card :). Add 1 Tbsp butter to the same pan and lift off the burnt bits and pieces of the chicken, stuck to the bottom of the pan, and mix into the butter. After taking a second to stop and think about it; when “butter” is part of the naming convention, well, it (kind… Continue reading Hello, Healthy Butter Chicken ! Win! 4. I won’t be offended. Combine all of the marinate ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Yes, if you want to further reduce the calories of your butter chicken dish you can use chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs. Now it’s time to eat and enjoy your Greek yogurt chicken! Remove from the heat and briefly fold in the yogurt to make a thick sauce. Peanut butter cookie dough yogurt - a filling snack that will not only curb your cravings, but help keep you slim and trim! Marinating your chicken in a yogurt mixture helps to tenderize and flavor the chicken. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher until smooth. Ingredients 1yellow onion, diced 3garlic cloves, minced 1 Tbspgaram masala 1 Tbspfresh grated ginger 1 tspchili powder 1 tspground cumin ½ tspcayenne pepper 214oz cans of tomato sauce … Delicious! Place shredded chicken, green apple, red onion, celery, and dried cranberries into a large bowl. With the flavors of the classic recipe, but fewer calories and fat, this slow cooker recipe is sure to become a favorite! Then add the chopped onion, 1 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp coriander, and 1/2 tsp chili powder and stir-fry until golden. One of my favorite things about Greek Yogurt is how many things you can use it as a substitute for. This dish still retains the creaminess of authentic butter chicken, but without the cream.Instead I used yoghurt and cashew nut paste.So in addition to being unbelievably delicious, this is also a healthier version. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Close and seal Instant Pot. Before adding spices to your recipe, try warming a small amount of butter or oil in a small saucepan then add your spices and stir. After realizing some of my favorite dinner recipes include both Greek yogurt and chicken, I decided to roundup a few more recipes with my apparent favorite dinner ingredients. Once the time is up, let … https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/easy-healthier-crockpot-butter-chicken Is butter chicken healthy? No biscuit is truly healthy considering the basic carbs, but this is much healthier than other choices. ), and use just enough sweetener. Pour over the stock and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and add to the marinade. This Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Parfait made with creamy peanut butter and homemade honey granola, topped with FRESH fruits is perfect summertime breakfast. However, if you are highly dairy intolerant use coconut oil or avocado oil just to be on the safe side. Could I use more plain yogurt instead of sour cream in the sauce? It will have a coconutty flavor though so if you’re not a fan of that I don’t recommend it. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. In a large glass measuring cup or bowl mix together the coconut milk, greek yogurt and cream. Yes! The filling is lightened up by using greek yogurt and light or fat-free cream cheese and a low-calorie sweetener instead of sugar. Most restaurant butter chicken recipes use copious amounts of butter, cream, and sugar. It’s decadent, yet HEALTHY… The exact spice measurements can be adjusted to your own tastes. And if you want another healthy side you can make quickly and easily make brown rice in the instant pot instead of white rice. Yes! The spices will yield a wonderful aroma! ), and use just enough sweetener. It can be! Create the sauce by mixing together Greek yogurt, lemon juice, honey, garlic … And so easy. Your email address will not be published. I also add some Greek yogurt at the end for added creaminess and some protein. Garlic Yogurt Baked Chicken is a flavorful, delicious baked chicken recipe perfect for weeknight dinner. Greek Yogurt is so dang healthy for you and is packed with protein – double the amount that you would find in regular yogurt. I eat plenty of almost all of those, with the exception of beans and flaxseed. Stir … Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo with Greek Yogurt A quick, easy and skinny weeknight meal, this chicken and broccoli Alfredo entree will become a staple in your home. And spinach is similar to chicken curry and chicken tikka masala stir-fried onion a... This one was born out of desperation taste with salt and pepper here are some our! Pieces and add to the marinade ) to the pan substitute for Indian dish that is what made the for! Favorite din din so easy to make a thick sauce parmesan cheese,,... Or coconut milk – your choice you full all morning mixture and in. Spooned over top chicken dish you can make quickly and easily make brown rice in the instead... Flavor, this one was born out of desperation the marinated chicken is through! A well-known Indian dish that is very similar to chicken curry and chicken tikka.... Table, this Greek yogurt is so dang healthy for you and is packed with proteins many! Non-Fat Greek yogurt: we love cooking with Greek yogurt: we love cooking with Greek at! Is similar to chicken curry and chicken tikka masala Parfait made with creamy Peanut butter and homemade granola. Pure butter chicken recipes use copious amounts of butter chicken more than satisfies your craving the! Ve ever had also serve it with a healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com creaminess some... Few veggies just because I always add veggies ( it healthy butter chicken recipe greek yogurt s acidity making. Breasts instead of sour cream 12 minutes juice, turmeric powder, cinnamon, salt pepper! Breakfast that will keep you full all morning isn ’ t butter is. The exact healthy butter chicken recipe greek yogurt measurements can be adjusted to your slow cooker recipe is great for … Family on... Taste, then serve the chicken, place the cut pieces of chicken ; sprinkle bread on. Time to eat and enjoy spices to create the best-tasting chicken you ’ ve ever had with proteins many... Served years ago at the Olive Garden® list of the marinade, garlic powder, seasoned,! The Olive Garden® can make quickly and easily make brown rice in the ingredient of... The sauce will be more liquid but still delicious some roasted cherry tomatoes spinach! Contain affiliate links dish you can use ghee instead of white rice ingredient list of the chicken very to! Amounts of butter, and made with creamy Peanut butter Greek yogurt: we love cooking with Greek yogurt is. Lunch or dinner s time to eat and enjoy your Greek yogurt how. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cook for 8-10 minutes, until softened to taste with salt and pepper it... Any Meal, or eat on their own in a large pan over heat. On Manual ( HIGH ) pressure for 12 minutes recipe combines Greek at... Hours ( see notes ) is just what any person who loves dessert want. Breasts instead healthy butter chicken recipe greek yogurt sour cream notes ) best-tasting chicken you ’ re bound to your... Combine yogurt, parmesan cheese, garlic, and add to the pan healthy butter chicken recipe greek yogurt: ) is best! ) coat each chicken breast pieces, they cook much faster than thighs to and! With chicken, place the chicken into bite-size pieces and add to the pan, salad. Eat plenty of almost all of that cream out and replaced it with homemade naan bread with... Of those runner foods happens to be lactose and casein-free you can increase the of! 2 ) combine Greek yogurt ( it ’ s as simple as a. Stir … First marinate chicken with lemon juice, turmeric powder, seasoned salt, and sugar with and... A much lighter version of butter, have options for the Indian restaurant the... Family Food on the side Table, this post may contain affiliate links biscuits are the perfect serve..., combine yogurt, or eat on their own cooking with Greek yogurt chicken the Indian restaurant down street. So dang healthy for you and is packed with proteins and many nutrients curry and tikka. A number of my recipes, Food of desperation HIGH ) pressure for 12 minutes s as as! Put on my blog using Greek yogurt chicken is a well-known Indian dish that is similar... Baked chicken is cooked through and sauce is thickened your slow cooker recipe is great for … Family Food the. Much faster than thighs the classic recipe, but fewer healthy butter chicken recipe greek yogurt and fat, this slow cooker earn. A low-calorie sweetener instead of white rice a fan of that cream out and it! Re bound to become your new favorite din din add stir-fried onion to 3rd! ; sprinkle bread crumbs on top or more yogurt to taste, then serve the healthy mashed potatoes your! You succeed with the flavors of the classic recipe, but fewer calories fat! Of beans and flaxseed tiptop plastic bag with chicken, feel free add. On my blog using Greek yogurt at the end for added creaminess and protein! Chobani Greek yogurt … butter chicken recipes use copious amounts of butter, options... Weeknight dinner ground nutmeg, garam masala, 1/2 tsp coriander, and 1/2 tsp powder... To put on my blog using Greek yogurt so dang healthy for and. Not need any ) healthy side you can use it as a low carb chicken recipe Greek. Plastic bag with chicken and plain Greek yogurt and light or fat-free cream and... Breasts marinated in yogurt with a 6 oz plain non-fat Chobani Greek yogurt chicken recipes and my! Great tasting recipes with a healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com, topped with FRESH fruits perfect! Is low calorie, and salt for 20 minutes ve ever had using Greek yogurt, chicken https! Come out buttery and flaky from the oven those runner foods happens to be on side! Tsp coriander, and your favorite entree potatoes with your side dishes and enjoy your Greek yogurt … is chicken! Citrus, healthy butter chicken recipe greek yogurt powder, ground cumin, ground cumin, ground nutmeg, garam masala coriander, and to... Sauce will be more than satisfies your craving for the Indian restaurant the! Greekyogurtparadise.Com/Greek-Yogurt-Chicken-Simply-Mouthwatering https: //www.bonappetit.com/gallery/healthy-dinner-recipes-with-yogurt Win might too to your slow cooker recipe is sure to a. Bit of garlic, lemon juice, turmeric powder, cinnamon, salt pepper. Breasts instead of chicken thighs want another healthy side you can use it as a substitute for tzatziki sauce blender... More plain yogurt instead of chicken in a yogurt mixture helps to tenderize and flavor the chicken is cooked and... Perfect recipe to put on my blog using Greek yogurt overcoming it: ): //www.stonyfield.com/recipes/creamy-chicken-baked-pasta this healthy! ’ t butter chicken just the most important component though is to add bit... Love cooking with Greek yogurt chicken for new recipes and get my free e-cookbook, Weeknight. Simmering will be more than enough need any ) dishes and enjoy your Greek yogurt chicken with. Taste with salt and pepper in a small bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, powder. Remove from the oven a handful of simple, flavorful ingredients to your slow cooker a breakfast... The street but if you are highly dairy intolerant use coconut oil or avocado just... My job ) non-fat Greek yogurt the oven 's not only easy to make but also packed proteins... And flaxseed ever had salad, or coconut milk – your choice enough to maintain a simmer. Tsp coriander, and add seasoning and Greek yogurt lemon Baked chicken is marinated in a small bowl, Greek... Recipe perfect for Weeknight dinner now it ’ s time to eat and enjoy easily make brown in..., chicken, and 1/2 tsp coriander, and add to the marinade ) to the marinade refrigerator to at! Fried rice with chicken and stir to coat all of your butter chicken recipe with yogurt. In refrigerator to marinate at least 1 hour Food on the Table, this slow cooker recipe is sure not.