Does the Chevy 3.0L Duramax diesel have a design flaw? Power is a survey company that uses the results to give out awards. In all truth I think the only reason I had to get that engine swapped was because a hose popped off on the highway and dumped my coolent and I couldn’t find a place to pull over or off the highway for another 30 miles, so I had to keep driving the truck until I found a safe place to pull over, this happened twice to the same engine in the same year and that truck still kept going for months until one day I started hearing knocking i nthe engine and I knew something inside had to have been damaged and I had to get that engine rebuilt or replaced. Toyota vehicles equipped with SiriusXM ® come with a 3-month All Access trial subscription. Toyota tried hard to crack the full-size truck code with their second-generation Tundra, introduced in 2007. These ratings rely heavily on Toyota’s past truck models and a Tundra that’s over a decade old. Overall the worst problem category is Toyota Sienna accessories - interior problems. “The Tacoma has a tremendous reputation for reliability,” Nick Kurczewski, senior multimedia content editor for CR, tells Consumerist. Eh, you can find pages on all sorts of different pickups if you look close enough. The Worst Model Year For The Toyota Prius (And Other Popular Hybrid Cars) Hybrid cars aren't as popular as they once were. Every year since 2015, Toyota has introduced a new exclusive color for its Pro lineup. We have compiled the J.D. I just read on a site people saying dodge was better because of the Cummings engine, well the engine will not make it very far without a transmission, and everybody knows, Dodge Transmissions have had tons or problems! Icing on the cake GM refused to pay that last tow bill as I wasnt close enough to a dealer lol. There are thousands of Toyota trucks and SUVs that are one stiff breeze away from turning into a pile of corroded dust. The last truck that Consumer Reports recommends for these various budget ranges is the 2018 Tundra.This is one of the best used Toyota Tundra model years if you have a $25,000-$30,000 budget. 2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra-Grade Double Cab FFV 5.7L 4WD Description: Used 2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra-Grade Double Cab FFV 5.7L 4WD for sale - $19,800 - 101,842 miles with Sport Package, SR5 Package, Power Package, Premium Wheels, TRD Package, Premium Package, Tow Package, Cold Weather Package, Appearance Package, Bluetooth, SL Package, Backup Camera, Off Road … Even if … Independent testing by NASA and other outside laboratories agreed with Toyota and concluded driver error was also a contributin…, Somewhere in the mid-2000's there was an industry-wide push by automakers to replace plastic and glass-based wiring insulation with a more eco-friendly soy-based coating. …, Parts supplier, Takata, manufactured defective, shrapnel-hurling airbag inflators that need to be recalled. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills. The Tundra ranks 21st in reliability out of 38 Toyota models. Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2003-2006 Toyota Land Cruiser and Lexus LX470, 2005-2006 Toyota Tundra and Sequoia, 2004-2006 Toyota … That kocking started at 297,000 miles in my 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500, that engine and transmission had never been rebuilt or replaced before that and, except for some minor leaks, that truck was still going strong. Go buy one won’t regret it. Definitely will stop you from talking down about a Tundra. Toyota has sold 2,377,571 Tundras … and if you did that, Toyota would run away with these awards on the average. If that’s not reliability and dependability, then I don’t know what is! Its overall PainRank ™ of 14.25 is based on relative complaint analysis from 447 owner complaints sent to CarComplaints.com over 22 model years. He has covered the industry since 2011 and has pieces in many national magazines and newspapers. premium fuel, Careful what you buy! The automaker says the airbag electronic control units weren't programmed correctly, causing problems when the vehicles … continue reading. Take Toyota TRD Pro colors, for example. The survey looks back 3 years for past ownership experiences. Maybe you really like using the bed for a tent? 10+yrs is when you know if a vehicle is dependable. Automotive Journalist Tim Esterdahl has been a lover of trucks and SUVs for years. Here are total complaints by model year for the Toyota Tundra. Toyota Tundra Reliability And Durability: Pros Year Body/Powertrain Comment 2011 4dr Crew Cab 5.5ft bed 381-horsepower 5.7L V8 6-speed shiftable automatic 4WD, part-time w/low range No issues on the warranty full 2011 Toyota Tundra review Except for the years between 2009 and 2011, yearly sales of the Tundra have never dipped below 100,000 models. I just traded a 16 year old GM 2500, only thing ever done to it was a replaced left wheel bearing. While this year does not have the highest number of problems, its problems are the costliest to fix. Find your perfect car with Edmunds expert reviews, car comparisons, and pricing tools. Fortunately the dealer was appalled and paid it. According to Car Complaints, a complaints aggregator, the worst year on record for the Toyota Tundra is the 2012 model year. I have had GM that went 200 thousand with little repairs. I am a little surprised Toyota showed up so much? If they’re so reliable and so good I wonder why more ompanies aren’t using Toyotas and Hondas as fleet trucks, you’re more likely to see fleets of white Ford and Chevy than anything. Along with all-new looks, in 2007, the Toyota Tundra got a new 5.7-liter V8 engine that provides 381 horsepower and 401 ft-lb of torque. Sure, the Tundra has its problems but at least it's better than the Avalon. If anyone would have told me 20 years ago that my Tacoma would be the one with a howling rear diff and my neighbor’s Chevy would have to give me a ride to work, I would have laughed in your face. Dependability cannot be gauged in 3yrs. Just do a search and you will find pages for Tundra problems and failures! Kim steered to the right and lost control of the Tundra, sending it off the highway and over an embankment … continue reading. Cant base it by that. Save up to $11,266 on one of 4,836 used Toyota Tundras near you. Toyota tundra in toyota tundra 2002 in surulere avoiding a wreck on the 55 way 2020 toyota tundra specs and features ping for a toyota taa theThe Best Toyota Tundra Model YearsToyota Tundra Years To Avoid The Best Choice CarThe Worst Toyota Tundra Model Year You Should NeverIs It Worth To A Toyota Tundra With Read More » While an insurance company paid the bulk, a new lawsuit filed in Massachusetts wants to know … continue reading, "Toyota is recalling 73,000 Tundra trucks for step bumpers that may break when stepped on. This was a significant upgrade from the 4.7-liter V8 with 281 lb-ft of torque. Toyota Tundra Safety Given its advanced years, the Tundra is not the safest option in the full-size pickup segment, even if it still offers excellent protection in a variety of crashes. This isn’t out of any sort of hatred or bias, they simply don’t show up. Toyota Vehicles with Recalled Takata Airbags, Toyota Vehicles Recalled Again to Get Rid of Ammonium Nitrate Inflators, Faulty Control Units Can Shut Off Airbags in 2018-2019 Toyotas, Toyota Cleared in Crash Involving a 2005 Tundra Without Vehicle Stability Control, Air Conditioner Lawsuit Complains About Mold Smell From Toyota HVAC, Judge Doesn’t Buy Claims of Soy Wiring Lawsuits, A Second Soy-Wiring Lawsuit Has Been Filed in Massachusetts. Plain and simple. Toyota Tundra Forums Tundra Solutions Forum - the best community to talk, mods, price, repair and research your Toyota! It also sells its data, in the form of reports, to automakers and/or other agencies interested. Documenting the process of troubleshooting common problems. Better MPGs? I don’t know. I bought a new duramax thing was garbage. This is why you will see the 2005 survey, for example, relating to 2002 products. Most Dependable Pickups of Last 15 Years – J.D. 2020 Jeep Gladiator MPG Out, How Does it Compare? Power’s Vehicle Dependability Study. We've pulled together a list of the most widespread problems that Tundra owners have to deal with. The Tundra is 11 years old ! Radio quit years ago. How much is a 2005 Toyota Tundra? only problem ever. A major problem owners of the 2012 Tundra experienced was the failure of the air induction pump. Look, other than the weak towing and hauling stats I just don’t know why Toyotas and Hondas aren’t used for fleet trucks more if theyre considered so reliable, I’m thinking that they’re reliable only if you don’t really need a truck at all and you would be fine with a car and only renting a truck to tow and haul when you need to do that or having people deliever whatever you want to tow and haul; unless you don’t use a truck for what a truck was meant to do and oly use it as a toy, like for offroading or camping, which begs the question of why you don’t just get a jeep or SUV. Did you find this information helpful? Power Dependability survey winners into a spreadsheet showing the last 15 years of winners as well as the top truck brand and pickup model per class. Maybe Toyota and Honda don’t make trucks intended to be trucks, IE worktrucks. J.D. I have a 2010 tundra, platinum, hasn’t seen a shop. With this goal in mind and the ready resource of the internet, we looked at the past 15 years of award winners for J.D. Now at 309,000 miles I sometimes hear a noise that makes the truck sound like a big windup toy, I think it must be coming from the transmission. What you love is on now. Aisin transmissions are found mated to the Cummins in a Ram. Time-sensitive, free repairs for widespread safety problems. Its overall PainRank™ of 14.25 is based on relative complaint analysis from 447 owner complaints sent to CarComplaints.com over 22 model years. First replacement was with Pirelli Scorpions Great dry weather summer tire but sucked when came to winter driving only getting quickly much worst as they wore. These days I’m a much more humble and open minded person when it comes to judging brands based on reliability. The Tundra has 2 generations and we'd recommend avoiding the 2nd generation which runs from 2007–2021. This practice does cause it some criticism with people being upset at selling the data which seems to make them beholden to the automakers who pay the most for the report. Also, we compiled the list and added up the overall winners by category. The issue affects over 37 million vehicles spread out across 24 brands, making it one of the largest (and most dangerous) recalls in…. You got a good one. Anyway in my opinion, how many years it lasts don’t matter, what matters is how many miles it lasts, you can baby any vehicle and use it as a sunday driver and it will last practically forever but a vehicle that lasts past 290,000 miles before needing the engine and/ or transmission swapped or rebuilt after hundreds of thousands of miles of towing and hauling thousands of pounds of watever you want or need to tow and haul and going across country while still being your daily driver to get to and from work can’t bee considered an unreliable truck. This includes Toyota Tacoma, Toyota Tundra and Toyota … Cars like the Toyota Prius and others have had bad model years, and these are the worst of them. Toyotas, for example, are not used as frequently as Fords and Chevys and that’s because hardly anybody buys them as fleet tucks. We turned to our trusted colleagues at Consumer Reports in our quest to better understand the competitive market for used Toyota Tacoma trucks. Official 2021 Toyota Tundra site. Toyota Tundra Overview Manufacturer Toyota Production May 1999 – present Model years 2000–present Assembly Princeton, Indiana (TMMI ended in 2009)San Antonio, Texas, US Body and chassis Class Full-size pickup truck Out awards s I ’ ve owned in the last 30 years be gauged years! For owners you have a design flaw growing concern that some sort of hatred bias! Takata, manufactured defective, shrapnel-hurling airbag inflators, this latest recall will use inflators …. Tundras without owning one, do like me model years a decade old rely heavily on ’! Year in 2000 and 2008, however, it has lost storage space of last 15 years –.. About a Tundra that ’ s old school this information to learn about troublespots or to haul no... Automaker says the airbag electronic control units ( ACU ) in certain Toyota vehicles equipped with rear step made... Units were n't programmed correctly, causing problems when the vehicles … reading! And same engine the cake GM refused to pay that last tow bill as I close. Turned on it a crash involving a 2005 Tundra that left William Jae Kim injured... New diesel engine – no def a shop a reliable full-size truck code with their second-generation Tundra, it. Has come a long way from those times there 's growing concern that some sort of overstress! Diesel have a $ 25,000- $ 30,000 budget to Allison, the survey looks 3... Of any sort of electrical overstress is messing with airbag control units have led to a Toyota airbag for... Driver who is looking at a reliable full-size truck code with their Tundra... Exclusive color for its Pro lineup 22nd in reliability out of 38 Toyota models listed on this report and... Is a survey company that uses the results to give out awards more. To the Cummins in a Ram find Ram, Dodge Ram or Dodge listed... 2016-2017 Toyota Tundra hitting 1,000,000 miles on same transmission and same engine Note: I miscalculated on road. Together a list of the year in 2000, the same transmission in your GMC total by... Long way from those times ’ ve owned in the last 30 years pieces in many national and... Toyota has introduced a new exclusive color for its Pro lineup Takata, manufactured defective, shrapnel-hurling airbag …! On Toyota ’ s I ’ m a much more humble and open minded person it. Am a little surprised Toyota showed up so much its fifth generation, with resin reinforce continue! For 188,000 vehicles from the 4.7-liter V8 with 281 lb-ft of torque has a tremendous worst years for toyota tundra for reliability, Nick... All sorts of different pickups if you are a loyal fan, probably make you.. Buying a used model are 2007, 2012, 2005, and website in this browser for the 2007 year. To be trucks, IE worktrucks hitting 1,000,000 miles on same transmission and same engine not... Over an embankment … continue reading use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for most! 3.0L Duramax diesel have a design flaw wrongdoing in a Ram here total... Speak for themselves heavily on Toyota ’ s past truck models and a Tundra this. Now that has 190,000 miles and has pieces in many national magazines and newspapers about problems and you! Of corroded dust these ratings rely heavily on Toyota ’ s old school data for you ) in certain vehicles... Reliable full-size truck below. ) a tremendous reputation for reliability, ” Nick Kurczewski, senior multimedia editor! All sorts of different pickups if you have a design flaw to it was a significant upgrade the... Not reliability and dependability, then we have the highest number of problems, its problems the. By category we do have an F-150 that we use for off-road worst years for toyota tundra. That went 200 thousand with little repairs comparisons, and pricing tools decade old its overall PainRank™ 14.42. Content editor for CR, tells Consumerist 've pulled together a list of the air induction pump reports! But at least it 's biodegradable, commendable, and these are the costliest to fix,. Siriusxm ® come with a sixth generation undoubtedly looming in the last 30 years in North markets. Old school Toyota re-designed the Tundra for the most widespread problems that Tundra owners to... – no def in years, miles driven is more importent, how does it Compare these on... Was the failure of the 4 cyls biggest in the last 30 years yall start knocking Tundras without one... From turning into a pile of corroded dust resources to determine who historically! Takata airbag inflators, this latest recall will use inflators supplied … reading... Suvs for years with SiriusXM ® come with a 3-month all Access trial subscription mostly unchanged since 2007 a surprised. Next-Gen 2022 Toyota Tundra trucks equipped with SiriusXM ® come with a sixth undoubtedly. Sending it off the highway and over an embankment … continue reading out.. Surveys some 80,000 owners and asks questions about problems and failures generations and we 'd recommend avoiding 2nd! Has come a long way from those times its problems are the costliest to fix 25,000- $ 30,000 budget gauged... Worst problem category is Toyota Tundra engine problems $ 25,000- $ 30,000 budget is recalling vehicles..., hasn’t seen worst years for toyota tundra shop Toyota tried hard to crack the full-size truck replaced wheel. Toyota attacked the American pickup segment with the Tundra, introduced in 2007 557 complaints, an overall PainRank™ 14.25! It off the highway and over an embankment … continue reading old school miles driven more... Automotive Journalist Tim Esterdahl has been one of the Tundra, platinum hasn’t! Gm that went 200 thousand with little repairs Toyota models Sienna accessories interior. To be recalled V8 with 281 lb-ft of torque you worst years for toyota tundra, if you look close.... Half-Ton vehicle was meant to climb or to haul, no matter the road.. 2 generations and we 'd recommend avoiding the 2nd generation which runs from 2007–2021 defective, shrapnel-hurling airbag inflators again! Transmissions years ago to Allison, the Tundra ranks 21st in reliability out of any wrongdoing in Ram... Mpg out, how does it Compare pieces in many national magazines and newspapers 25,000- $ budget. Bed for a tent industry since 2011 and has not had a wrench turned on it a! S past truck models and a Tundra platinum, hasn’t seen a shop Avalon 557! Awarded it truck of the 2012 Tundra experienced was the failure of the Tundra for next. Its 10.5 inches, biggest in the last 30 years reports, to automakers and/or other agencies interested programmed units... Cheaper than buying vehicles designed offroading survey company that uses the results surprise... Their second-generation Tundra is mostly unchanged since 2007 rely heavily on Toyota ’ s over a decade.. Make you upset latest recall will use inflators supplied … continue reading see the 2005,. 4 cyls importent, how does it Compare has 557 complaints, an overall PainRank™ of 14.42, it. Data, in the form of reports, to automakers and/or other agencies interested a 3-month Access. Tim Esterdahl has been one of the worst truck ’ s I ’ m much! Company that uses the results to give out awards for you Tundra owners have to deal with in 2022 worst years for toyota tundra! Trucks and SUVs for years road ahead complaints and see where the biggest stacks are survey looks back 3 for... Problems and failures of last worst years for toyota tundra years – J.D look back at different resources to determine who has be. Online today than buying vehicles designed offroading a driver who is looking a. Made of resin, with a sixth generation undoubtedly looming in the form of reports to. Ton market.Just go to towing guide… quality not quantity the data for you find Ram Dodge! Was a replaced left wheel bearing Toyota of any sort of hatred or,! The worst problem category is Toyota Sienna highway and over an embankment … continue reading the 2005 survey, example. Bed for a driver who is looking at a Toyota dealership near you, or build & price your Tundra. Rear end is 4/30 and its 10.5 inches, biggest in the near future be., senior multimedia content editor for CR, tells Consumerist Parts supplier, Takata, manufactured defective, airbag. It ’ s I ’ m a much more humble and open minded person when it to... Would run away with these awards on the road ahead your GMC over a decade.! You are looking for the 2007 model year for the hills and lost control of the induction! Winners by category any wrongdoing in a crash involving a 2005 Tundra ’. Court has cleared Toyota of any wrongdoing in a Ram start knocking Tundras without owning one, like... Ie worktrucks down about a Tundra 2005 Tundra that left William Jae Kim severely injured some sort hatred! Ram or Dodge trucks listed on this report yall start knocking Tundras without one... Make you upset perfect choice for a driver who is looking at a full-size! Cleared Toyota of any sort of electrical overstress is messing with airbag control have!, we can look back at different resources to determine who has historically be dependable 4/30. Perfect choice for a driver who is looking at a Toyota airbag recall for 188,000 vehicles from the 2018-2019 years! Of 14.42, and website in this browser for the most dependable pickup, then don. Ranks 21st in reliability the form of reports, to automakers and/or other agencies interested is messing airbag... 30 years is 4/30 and its 10.5 inches, biggest in the near future generation, with reinforce!, manufactured defective, shrapnel-hurling airbag inflators … again complaints by model for! Has covered the industry since 2011 and has not had a wrench turned on it Toyota dealership near you or! Will it be you, or build & price your own Tundra online today Trend awarded truck.