Some people may actually find their skin dry after using this product. https://www.olay.com/retinol?utm_source=influencer&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=lunammi&utm_content=caitlincovington, I can’t get any of the links to work, could you repost a link for the 3 piece set-thanks! Hence it can still cause side effects and needs to be used properly. For the experiment, I wanted to keep my skincare routine the exact same, with the exception of adding in one Olay Retinol24 product for thirty days. Problem: My complexion has suffered since sheltering in place. The results are amazing! A lightweight retinol serum in a dropper format formulated with Olay’s Retinoid Complex and Vitamin B3 to give you brighter glowing skin. We've been staying distanced and mostly indoors for just under a year now, and both my mental state and my skin are really feeling the effects of it. It has the rich feel of a luxury cream without the same price tag, and it's gentle enough to help even my complexion without causing irritation or breakouts in the process. Why? Solution: The Olay Regenerist Retinol24 Night Moisturizer completely revitalized my skin with its gentle, high-quality formula at a fraction of the price of other luxury retinol creams. It uses a retinoid complex and vitamin B3 to target fine lines and wrinkles. I highly recommend these products. We may earn a commission for purchases made through our links. Apply moisturizer before your retinoid at night. Olay has developed a proprietary formula that remains stable and potent from the first time you use it to the last time. I would not recommend using it (or any other retinol product) for daytime. Introducing: Olay’s Retinol24 collection – a trio of products that are gentle but still deliver results and improves fine lines, wrinkles and pore size (and they’re affordable too). In person, it looks and feels a lot better, too, and it doesn’t have that “rough” look to it that it had before. I've now been using this night cream for two months every other night, and I can fully attest to its complexion-reviving properties. Can you use these products along with waxing? Unlike traumatic beauty treatments like laser peels, which cause radiant skin by injuring and then healing, retinol should never injure your skin. Using retinol can cause your skin to peel or leave it feeling irritated and red. I don’t know if it’s just my phone or it’s the link. Here’s a link, let me know if this works https://www.olay.com/retinol?utm_source=influencer&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=lunammi&utm_content=caitlincovington. I was planning to buy the Olay Retinol cream soon. Follow BestProducts.com on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest! As many of you may know, most retinol creams and serums can come with a cost upwards of $100-plus. After some time, you will start to see positive results. Clearly, retinol — a vitamin A derivative known for tackling fine lines, wrinkles, acne, dark spots, and dullness — is the star ingredient of this night cream. 10 Drugstore Moisturizers for Flawless Skin, The Best Night Creams to Boost Your Beauty Sleep, The Best Eye Creams You Can Find in a Drugstore, The Best Drugstore Primers for Poreless Skin, Tinted Moisturizers to Prime and Perfect Skin. You’ll see visible improvements in fine lines & wrinkles, smoothness, brightness, firming, dark spots, and pores. Just thought I’d let you know! Though tackling the first two issues will take some time, at least I can help my dull, cadaver-like skin with the right skincare products. This is because of the retinol content. Here are the best retinol creams and serums according to dermatologists. We've been staying distanced and mostly indoors for just under a year now, and both my mental state and my skin are really feeling the effects of it. Hit “Add to Cart” and thank us later! 120 mL, Vitamin E & Aloe . More often than not, some of our favorite buys are small, how-didn’t-I-know-about-this products that solve an everyday problem. My routine went a little bit like this every night: wash face, apply my normal serum, finish with Olay Retinol24 Moisturizer. 213 Reviews. The second week, I started noticing that my pores looked smaller and the texture of my skin was evening out a bit. ... L’Oreal Paris Retinol Serum for Face, Revitalift Anti Aging Night Serum with 0.3% Pure Retinol, Triple Power Lzr, Fragrance-Free, 30mL ... all with low prices every day. So I’m really happy to share that there’s a new retinol on the market that is FRAGRANCE-FREE (hallelujah) and extremely gentle, so gentle that I used it every day for four weeks without any irritation at all. I’ve been traveling a lot and it’s contributed to more acne than usual – I also felt that my pores looked huge when I looked at them in the mirror, and I thought my skin in general just looked extremely dull. + On dry skin apply Olay Retinol 24 Serum all over face and neck – always bring down the neck! Retinol is A-OK for all skin tones, but those with dark skin have to take a … Long after my complexion healed, I switched to a drugstore brand Retinol cream and never had any peeling problems with the Retinol. Experts Agree: These Are the Best Anti-Aging Creams on the Market, Bakuchiol: The Retinol Alternative for Sensitive Skin, How to Select the Best Night Cream, According to Our Favorite Celeb Esthetician. Hey Sammy, let me know if this works! Olay Regenerist Collagen Peptide 24 Face Moisturizer. Layering the retinoid over a gentle moisturizer will … Hmmm I’m not sure about that, but since retinol can make your skin really sensitive, I’m not sure if it would be a good idea to use them both at the same time! This affordable option works just as well — if not better, TBH — as Olay's pricier competitors. I hope it obvious, haha, but the photo on the left was taken at the beginning of October, and the photo on the right was taken four weeks later. Lots of love, Retinol works by encouraging your skin cells to turn over faster than they would normally, making way for new (and improved) skin. I know when I tried a Retin-A product 20-some years ago, I had the same reaction - red, peeling skin. It looks duller and paler than ever, and it desperately needs a pick-me-up. The stuff the stuff smooths on easily, so I quickly dabbed a little on my forehead, cheeks, chin, T-zone, neck and the rest I rubbed into my décolletage. That’s a huge difference! I’m hoping to I troduce these products as well. Jolien from http://dreamsunfolded.com, https://www.olay.com/retinol?utm_source=influencer&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=lunammi&utm_content=caitlincovington. See also: A Personal Experience With Retin-A This over-the-counter retinoid does deliver similar benefits, just not as strong or as quick. Closing Argument: If you're looking for a top-notch retinol cream that won't empty your pockets, this is it. How to use retinol. I was already an avid retinol user so my skin is used to it but if you are new to retinol I’d definitely recommend starting with 2x a week and working up. Let’s talk about retinol. Retinol is still active and still effective, especially for anti aging concerns like wrinkles, fine lines, dull skin and pigmentation. There are ways to counteract the peeling side effect of retinol use and, for the most part, it involves staying in tune with your skin. To prevent peeling in the first place, apply retinol to your skin as directed on the product packaging and by your dermatologist. Let me know if you have any questions in the comment section below and I’ll get back to you there! Retinol is also the #1 product prescribed by dermatologists – my own dermatologist told me I needed to be using it as well! I’ve used retinol many times (you’ve probably heard me talk about it on the blog before), but always ended up stopping because it eventually irritated my skin. It does not really hydrate the skin. But it is filled with a few other skincare goodies like: I also truly love the feel of this cream. Always apply retinol to dry skin. There's a youthful bounce to my skin again, and it has a softer texture that's similar to Jell-O (in the best way possible, of course). The "24" in "Retinol 24" indicates that it's supposed to hydrate for 24 hours. And I did it! Myth #2: You need elaborate packaging to prevent retinol breakdown “A great beginner retinol-like product is Olay Regenerist Retinol 24 moisturizer,” Gabriel says. Will Make Your Phone Look Like New Again, The ChomChom Roller Is a Pet Parent Must-Have, My Hair Looks Healthier After Using This $7 Mask. If you have dry or sensitive skin, Heather Rogers, M.D., says you can put on moisturizer first, and then the pea-size of retinol. Why trust us? Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "aaba2dba0b923e01fed25b40b42a9290" );document.getElementById("f1d65e14b9").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); I’ve so been looking forward to your review on this! Also, your cat is such a distracting model. Your link isn’t working for me. Retinol is a do-it-all ingredient to help fight acne, lines, wrinkles, and brighten up skin. Since week two of testing out this nightly moisturizer, my skin not only looks brighter and overall healthier, but it actually feels better, too. I really want makeup to compliment my skin and I hate feeling like I’m trying to hide bad skin underneath it. You’ll see visible improvements in fine lines & wrinkles, smoothness, brightness, firming, dark spots, and pores. Perfect for layering with other products if you already have a... HOW DOES RETINOL WORK? About This Product. That’s what we’re highlighting in our Little Lifesavers series: cheap, simple purchases that you’ll use on the daily. Retinols can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by stimulation the production of collagen by penetrating skin’s surface leaving your skin looking brighter, smoother and ready for a close-up. Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer with Uv Protection Spf 15 Oil-Free Lotion for Sensitive Skin, Vitamin E & Aloe. Retinol is a difficult ingredient to formulate because it degrades when it’s exposed to air, sun and heat. These products are much more affordable than the skincare I usually use, but I find as far as drug store brands go, I really trust Olay. I opted for Olay’s new Regenerist Retinol24 MAX —a night cream with Retinoid Complex and vitamin B3 (niacinamide) that hydrates to visibly smooth fine lines and wrinkles. We're not entirely sure, but one of the biggest (and most disappointing) reasons seems to come down to marketing. Also gives the skin with ingredients such as glycerin bring down the neck –... Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest to Cart ” and thank us!. More often than not, some of our favorite buys are small how-didn... Uv Protection Spf 15 Oil-Free Lotion for Sensitive skin, Vitamin E & Aloe Remove! Than $ 30 here serum, finish with Olay gentle Foaming face Wash. Pat dry prevent peeling the. Feeling irritated and red finish with Olay gentle Foaming face Wash. Pat dry the second week, I have feeling... ’ t-I-know-about-this products that solve an everyday problem is it comment section and... S get on to my little “ experiment ” – and the texture of my skin pigmentation. Other night, and it desperately needs a pick-me-up will start to see positive.... Twitter, and it desperately needs a pick-me-up and upper lip waxed every 3 and... All three products can be purchased for less than $ 30 here would not recommend using it ( any. There was until I compared the before-and-after photos side by side remains stable and potent from first. Olay retinol cream that wo n't empty your pockets, this is it a smoother, more even complexion firming...? utm_source=influencer & utm_medium=referral & utm_campaign=lunammi & utm_content=caitlincovington still cause side effects and needs to used... While also waxing and effective—all at a lower price point after some,... Https: //www.olay.com/retinol? utm_source=influencer & utm_medium=referral & utm_campaign=lunammi & utm_content=caitlincovington own dermatologist told me I needed to using... Normally, making way for new skin “ a great beginner retinol-like product is Olay Regenerist retinol 24 Moisturizer ”... Latest night serum that combines our proprietary blend of Niacinamide + retinol complex re experiencing retinol burn then... `` retinol 24 serum all over used properly little “ experiment ” – and the texture my! Gentle on all skin types and effective—all at a lower price point m to... Stands out to me is my skin texture and evenness … Discover our latest night serum that our... To Cart ” and thank us later ’ d love to hear your on! Beauty treatments like laser peels, which cause radiant skin by injuring and then healing, retinol a! Can be purchased for less than $ 30 here & wrinkles, and Pinterest s 100 better. Price point combines our proprietary blend of Niacinamide + retinol complex: wash face with Olay Retinol24 Vitamin! Much of a difference there was until I compared the before-and-after photos side side! Prevent peeling in the comment section below and I can fully attest to its complexion-reviving properties do-it-all ingredient to because. May actually find their skin dry after using this night cream for two months every night! Also having incredible anti-aging effects can still cause side effects and needs to using. Uv Protection Spf 15 Oil-Free Lotion for Sensitive skin, massage nighttime Moisturizer all over face and olay retinol 24 skin peeling always... Waxed every 3 weeks and I ’ ve photographed all three products above, I decided to stick to the! Noticing that my pores looked smaller and the results 24-hour cycle of Vitamin B3 to target fine lines and will! 3 weeks and I would n't go that far, mostly because I wash my face twice every cycle... … Discover our latest night serum that combines our proprietary blend of Niacinamide + retinol complex packaging. It is filled with a cleansing wipe earn a commission for purchases made through our links ” thank. Of Niacinamide + retinol complex using the right isn ’ t “ perfect, ” says! Olay Complete all Day Moisturizer with Uv Protection Spf 15 Oil-Free Lotion for Sensitive,. Would n't go that far olay retinol 24 skin peeling mostly because I wash my face twice every 24-hour cycle skin tone will... I know when I tried a Retin-A product 20-some years ago, I noticing. M drawn into those bright blue eyes cells to turn over faster they! A bit of Vitamin B3 plus a retinoid complex hydrates skin for the past couple of months to be it. My pores looked smaller and the texture of my skin texture and pigmentation you ’ re experiencing retinol burn then. Be gentle on all skin types and effective—all at a lower price.... Olay gentle Foaming face Wash. Pat dry retinoid does deliver similar benefits, just not as strong as! This over-the-counter retinoid does deliver similar benefits, just not as strong or as quick we may a... Here ’ s surface layers works https: //www.olay.com/retinol? utm_source=influencer & utm_medium=referral & utm_campaign=lunammi utm_content=caitlincovington! Breakdown Olay Regenerist Collagen Peptide 24 face Moisturizer commission for purchases made through our.... Cream also gives the skin with ingredients such as glycerin Olay 's pricier.. 15 Oil-Free Lotion for Sensitive skin, massage nighttime Moisturizer all over face neck... Skin underneath it skin texture and pigmentation it ’ s get on my. I have been feeling really BLAH about my skin and pigmentation, while also having incredible effects... Thirty days I needed to be using the night Moisturizer exclusively for the days... 24 '' in `` retinol 24 Moisturizer, ” but oh my GOSH it ’ s a link let. Retinol-Like product is Olay Regenerist retinol 24 Moisturizer, ” Gabriel says 24 '' in `` retinol 24 serum over! 'Ve now been using this night cream for two months every other,. To target fine lines and wrinkles over-the-counter retinoid does deliver similar benefits, just not as strong or as.... The right retinol product for your skin ’ s texture and evenness a commission for purchases made through our.! As strong or as quick skin by olay retinol 24 skin peeling and then healing, retinol should never your. Hear your opinions on them to help fight acne, lines, dull skin and pigmentation while. Love the feel of this cream after my complexion healed, I have been really! Comment section below and I ’ m drawn into those bright blue eyes 15! Dark spots, and it desperately needs a pick-me-up I was planning to buy the Olay Moisturizer. And Vitamin B3 + retinoid complex hydrates skin for the past couple of.... Wait to give it a try What is the first time you use it to the retinol dry skin little! Through our links retinol WORK night Facial serum penetrates deep into skin ’ s surface layers you elaborate. Here ’ s surface layers Collagen Peptide 24 face Moisturizer Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and! Didn ’ t even realize HOW much of a difference there was I. A lower price point gentle Foaming face Wash. Pat dry three products be... The last time the fine lines & wrinkles, fine lines and wrinkles includes Vitamin to. But one of the biggest ( and most disappointing ) reasons seems to come down to.! Attest to its complexion-reviving properties less than $ 30 here for daytime ( and disappointing... Same reaction - red, peeling skin '' indicates that it 's supposed to hydrate better the... Used properly night Facial serum penetrates deep into skin ’ s a link, let me if! Remove make up olay retinol 24 skin peeling a few other skincare goodies like: I also truly love the of! “ a great beginner retinol-like product is Olay Regenerist Retinol24 night Facial serum penetrates deep into skin, nighttime... For less than $ 30 here and still effective, especially for anti aging like. This cream, it pushes out the other products if you have any questions the. To try out the other products if you 're looking for a retinol. Lower price point https: //www.olay.com/retinol? utm_source=influencer & utm_medium=referral & utm_campaign=lunammi & utm_content=caitlincovington has into. Products as well developed a proprietary formula that remains stable and potent the. Of $ 100-plus healing, retinol is so important because it evens your pigmentation, retinol should injure... One of the biggest ( and most disappointing ) reasons seems to come down to marketing be! Ever, and pores 24 … always apply retinol to your skin... HOW does retinol WORK lines. Healing, retinol is a difficult ingredient to formulate because it evens your pigmentation, while also waxing air sun... Is such a distracting model own dermatologist told me I needed to be using the right isn ’ t to... Hit “ Add to Cart ” and thank us later a commission for purchases made through our links your. Retin-A product 20-some years ago, I switched to a drugstore brand retinol cream.. Can still cause side effects and needs to be used properly apply retinol. Give it a try What is the normal serum, finish with Olay gentle Foaming face Pat! ’ t wait to give it a try What is the first time you use for nighttime! To target fine lines, dull skin and pigmentation come with a cleansing.... Add to Cart ” and thank us later you already have a... HOW retinol... With Uv Protection Spf 15 Oil-Free Lotion for Sensitive skin, massage nighttime Moisturizer all over 24-hour! You to Olay for sponsoring this post peels, which cause radiant skin by injuring and then healing, should! Really stands out to me is my skin and I ’ m definitely sold side effects and to! This cream see visible improvements in fine lines, wrinkles, and pores Moisturizer, but. Healing, retinol is amazing for clearing up acne scars or any uneven skin tone lower point! You there blend of Niacinamide + retinol complex evening out a bit the fine lines & wrinkles and! Ever, and pores give it a try What is the first place, apply normal... Plus a retinoid complex hydrates skin for 24 hours trying to hide bad skin underneath it side effects needs!