Required fields are marked *, Disclaimer & Privacy Policy | About Us | Contact. Add meatballs. Cook for ten to fifteen minutes. Submitted by yummyninja Updated: May 01, 2016. In a large bowl gently mix together all meatball ingredients. Directions. Simply mix the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl. Sweet and Sour Sauce for Meatballs. Join the Shelf Cooking Community today! The meatballs I make is seasoned with five-spice powder and the sweet and sour sauce pretty much escalates the taste to the next level. For the ground meat, you can use hamburger, ground turkey, ground pork, or ground chicken. Whisk to combine. These hearty 3-ingredient meatballs are a party-perfect app no one can resist. Just go to your fridge and see what you’ve got! Brown the meatballs and then put to the side. Steamed rice is my absolute favorite side dish to serve with these meatballs. Add the meatballs and the sauce and bring this to a quick simmer. Feel free to pick whatever sounds most appealing to you. Vegan sweet & sour meatballs. Now of course my family has their actual “ homemade meatballs … Set aside. Now it’s time to let the slow cooker do it’s thing! Sweet and Sour Meatballs. The recipe features a delicious homemade tomato sauce that has a slight hint of spice. Sweet and Sour Meatballs Try out this amazing comfort food of ginger and garlic chicken meatballs! They almost remind me of sweet and sour meatballs but taste better. Below is a couple of ideas that you might be interested in trying. Yield: 30 mini meatballs; Prep Time: 25 minutes; Cook Time: 25 minutes; Ingredients. (This is totally optional). 2 Tbsp cornstarch; 4 Tbsp ketchup; 4 Tbsp sugar; 6 Tbsp apple cider vinegar; 1 Tbsp soy sauce; 250ml (8.5 fl oz) pineapple juice; 2 large bell peppers, quartered THE SAUCE. Saute the veggies till tender crisp, add the sauce and the meatballs. Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, eggs, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl; form into golf … Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes OR until meatballs are cooked through. Below are just a couple of delicious ideas that will work great. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, make sure that you go read Jordan's post about it so that you can get on board with us! The ketchup is a must have in it, and adds that extra zing! One thing I try very hard is not to waste food, this could be more difficult if you have a picky eater at home, but that’s not my case. Fry in oil until golden then … You can use brown rice, Minute rice, Jasmine rice, Basmati rice–whatever is in your pantry! Sweet and Sour Meatballs I Recipe | Allrecipes This is a slow-cooker recipe for meatballs made of ground beef combined with onion and egg. Your email address will not be published. The sauce strikes the perfect balance of sweet and sour. (P.S. Ideal if you do not need to eat straight away or you want to prepare something else in the meantime. Sweet and Sour Meatballs. Quick venison meatballs baked … For meatballs: Mix all ingredients (minus oil) together. These meatballs are terrific appetizers. To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. Then add ½ cup of vinegar and stir. Combine sauce ingredients and set aside. Serve stuck with toothpicks to easily pick up. I love these sweet and sour meatballs and certainly hope that you will too. To make this recipe gluten-free, simply replace the breadcrumbs with either cornstarch or gluten-free breadcrumbs. In amongst the delicious sauce, you will find hearty meatballs and chunky pieces of vegetables. On cooking day, add the prepped ingredients to the slow cooker, along with the frozen meatballs. Add garlic, ginger, carrot, and bell pepper, stir to combine well. The best part is, no matter what you do, these meatballs always turn out super tasty and delicious! The sauce should start to thicken. Melissa here from Beautiful Life and Home, ready to celebrate #Shelftember with you! Sweet and Sour Cocktail Meatballs. Emergency Preparedness + Food Storage – How to Keep Your Family Safe on a Budget! Shape into 1-inch meatballs; set aside. and set aside. If you like a thick sweet and sour sauce, you’ll also need some cornflour/cornstarch to help it thicken. ! In a large mixing bowl, combine ground pork, minced onion, salt, ground black pepper, egg, and … The video below will take you through all the steps of making sweet and sour meatballs. My sister even talked him into making them as an appetizer at her wedding. Cook meatballs in crockpot. It is a sweet and sour tasting sauce that really complements the meatball well. One tablespoon per meatball should be enough. What it is, how it works, and how it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! After I’ve scooped out all the meat, I gently roll each meatball between my hands to smooth them out. 1 cup (240 ml) milk. You can make the sweet and sour venison meatballs as a main meal or as an appetizer by simply adjusting the size of the meatballs. These meatballs will go with pretty much anything! teriyaki sauce (or other Asian sauce, like hoisin, or barbecue). If all the Sweet and Sour Meatballs don’t get eaten, you can use them for. Mix well (but don’t over-mix) and shape lightly into 1½ inch balls. Sweet and Sour Meatballs are a favorite from way back when I was young! Yummy sweet and sour meatballs! 1. ground beef-I like to use a lean ground beef whenever I can, it helps these not get too greasy while they are cooking 2. salt 3. pepper 4. dried parsley 5. garlic powder 6. egg 7. milk 8. grated yellow onion 9. regular oats-I like the texture that oatmeal gives these meatballs, you can substitute bread crumbs for t… https://www.housewifeeclectic.com/gluten-free-sweet-and-sour-meatballs-recipe There are plenty of side dishes that will work great with these meatballs. These homemade sweet and sour meatballs are an absolute must-try. This would be great for those who do not like pineapples. But it gets even better. They are simmered for 4 to 5 hours with chili sauce, grape jelly, and lemon juice. Hey Freebs! I teach a lot of online cooking classes and I try to get just enough ingredients for 1 or 2 servings for my recipes. Combine the meatball ingredients. 5 cups panko bread crumbs. While meatballs are cooking, combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. How to Bake Bread – An Easy Bread Recipe That Anyone Can Make! *Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. There are a few ways that you can alter this recipe so that it is more to your liking. In a deep saucepan, combine the ketchup with the cornstarch. Prep time 20 minutes Cook time 35 minutes Serves 6 Ingredients . Let’s get started! SWEET AND SOUR MEATBALLS INGREDIENTS. Roll into balls. After browning the meatballs in the broiler, place them in a large pot with the sauce and let it all simmer together until cooked. Cover, and let cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. In a frypan over medium heat, add two tablespoons of oil. These sweet and sour meatballs are an event necessity at every celebration we have from Christmas to Easter, and also just because we love them! The sauce adds a bit of heat along with the sweet-sour notes. You can easily bake them from frozen, too! Sweet and sour meatballs are so easy to make! Swirl. Next, get a small cookie scoop and scoop out the meat mixture. Go to reviews. The meatballs were created as a catering option for large events by Culinary Services at Montana State University, but the recipe can be cut in half. Scoop into 20-24 equal balls. Whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside. Pour the sauce over the meatballs and bake them at 350°F for 25 minutes. Cook green onions in oil in large skillet, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes. The secret to making a quick sweet and sour sauce is to have all the basic ingredients on hand – tomato passata, a can of pineapple, a chicken stock cube, salt, garlic, ginger, vinegar and fresh oranges for sweetness. Hot Off the Presses: Focused in 2021 Calendars Are Now In Stock! For a binding agent, you can use eggs, bread crumbs, or oatmeal. My family enjoys them at home as a special holiday treat! Be the first to rate and review this recipe. sweet n sour meatballs in the slow cooker, 440g (15.5 oz) can pineapple pieces, unsweetened juice. Sweet and Sour … How To Make Sweet & Sour Meatballs: Prepare and Bake the meatballs by mixing together the ground beef, eggs, parsley, turmeric, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl until fully combined. The Block Schedule System! The pineapple juice from the tinned pineapple pieces should be enough to get to 250ml (8.5 fl oz). That’s how this sweet and sour meatballs recipe is for our family! Stir well to dissolve starch. Bring to a boil. For the sauce, mix together 1 cup of brown sugar, 2 teaspoons of mustard, 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce, and ¼ cup of ketchup with ¼ cup of barbecue sauce (or any of the other Asian sauces I mentioned earlier). The first step is mixing 1 pound of ground meat with ¼ cup finely chopped onion (or 2 tablespoons dried onion), ¾ teaspoons salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce and ½ cup of rolled oats (or ½ cup breadcrumbs, or 1 egg). Pour the sauce over the meatballs and bake them at 350°F for 25 minutes. The ingredients needed to make Sweet & Sour Meatballs: Or if all the meatballs are cooked, some can be frozen for the future. Stir fry garlic, scallions and ginger for 30 seconds. The sauce, my friends. 1/3 cup (80 ml) flat-leaf parsley, chopped finely, plus more for garnish. In a large bowl gently mix together all meatball ingredients. Otherwise, simply top the pineapple juice with water until you get the required amount. B: “Fry” does not call for CARROT … “STEP 5” Turn the heat up to medium-high. Ingredients for Sauce: 1 bottle chile sauce 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar 1 can beer. Pour over the top of the meatballs. An easy way to serve this dish is to simply serve it on the top of some greens. This dish makes enough food to feed roughly four to six people. Mix all the meatball ingredients well, by hand, until thoroughly combined. Grape Jelly Meatballs. If you have a bit of spare time, you can make some fried rice to go alongside the meatballs. Sweet & Sour Meatballs are a staple recipe at parties because they’re the perfect serving size for appetizers, easy to keep warm and taste great with a variety of sauces or toppings. Other vegetables such as carrot, celery, or even baby corn will work very nicely with the sweet and sour sauce. Crock Pot Sweet & Sour Meatballs are a delicious and easy recipe! Basically, these Sweet and Sour Meatballs taste good with anything If you have anything leftover, try out using them in these recipes! Get incredibly delicious recipes delivered to your inbox. Sweet and Sour Swedish Meatballs Cook Time 25 mins 3 eggs, whisked. Your email address will not be published. OH YES. One of my personal favorite parts of the sweet and sour meatballs recipe is the sauce. This meatball recipe is savory, juicy, and obviously sweet and sour. Simmer for another 4-5 minutes and turn off the flame. The Best Ham Dinner and Our Favorite Side Dishes! Shape the mixture into balls and bake on a greased baking sheet. However, I do highly recommend that you make a side dish. I love beef meatballs but feel free to swap the meat for something else. Form into 32 evenly-sized meatballs, then arrange on the baking sheet. I love the leftovers of this dish and highly recommend that you keep them. How to Make Sweet and Sour Meatballs. Bring sauce to a simmer and cook for 7-8 minutes or until sauce is thickened and meatballs are cooked through. Fun Things to Do at Home – Our Favorite Fun Family Activities! Mike’s mom used to make this for him many years ago and it’s still one of his favorite recipes. Serve and enjoy! Sweet & Sour Meatballs are a staple recipe at parties because they’re the perfect serving size for appetizers, easy to keep warm and taste great with a variety of sauces or toppings. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the beef mice, eggs, breadcrumbs and onion. The meatballs were created as a catering option for large events by Culinary Services at Montana State University, but the recipe can be cut in half. These petite meatballs can be presented on a platter to share at a small family gathering or plated individually as an appetizer at sit-down dinner. 500g (17.5 oz) ground beef; 1 onion, minced; 1 tsp garlic, crushed; 1 tsp ginger, minced; 1 egg; 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped; 50g (1.7 oz) breadcrumbs; 1 tsp salt; ¼ tsp pepper; Sweet and Sour Sauce. Jordan's brand new site is dedicated to helping you cook delicious, nutritious and budget-friendly meals for your family without spending all your time in the kitchen! In my family, our sauce of choice for meatballs is sweet and sour sauce. The meatballs cook in the sauce and are an absolute delight. Prepare the sauce. This recipe makes 30-40 small meatballs. The success of these sweet and sour meatballs is all due to the sauce – and this is a great sauce. This easy sweet and sour meatballs recipe is sure to be a family favorite! Add all the sauce ingredients to a large sauce pot over medium heat and stir to combine. No worries! Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Lightly grease a large baking tray. Stirring occasionally. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until done. How to serve sweet and sour meatballs Basically every parent's dream, right? We have served these easy cocktail meatballs at every party and gathering for as long as I can remember! Set aside while you prepare the remaining ingredients. — Mr. Hugh's Kitchen. If you don’t want to bake all of them, you can easily freeze some for later. Add remaining water, … These meatballs are great because you basically need three types of ingredients that you can usually find in your pantry, refrigerator or freezer. Add ingredients to crockpot. Meanwhile, heat oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Yield: 16-20 meatballs . Play around with the ingredients until you find a combination that you like best. We're on day 6 of our 24 Days of Christmas series and so far, we have chicken sisig, pasta fruit salad, pork giniling, creamy beef and mushrooms, and escabeche lapu lapu on our list. 2. Or a combo! Sweet & Sour Meatball Tips and Tricks. Our Swedish Meatballs add a hint of nutmeg and allspice to create a delicious appetizer that can be served at any party or event. Note: The sauce does not thicken up in the oven. Mix and match ingredients you already have in your pantry and fridge to make these Sweet and Sour Meatballs! I love to take bites of the meatballs, mashed potatoes, and macaroni and cheese all mixed in with the sauce! The cornstarch is an absolute must for a thick sauce. Ingredients: 3 cups (720 ml) stale Italian bread, diced. Simply place them on a small foil-lined cookie sheet and place in your freezer, uncovered, for several hours to flash freeze. Once the meatballs are cooked, heat oil in a skillet. You can whip up the meatballs and sauce and have them baking in no time. Set aside. Here are my favorite pairings. Add garlic and ginger and cook a minute more, then add the ketchup, orange juice and brown sugar and bring sauce to a simmer. Served with brown rice and glazed in a tangy, sweet and sour sauce mixed with red and green bell peppers, carrots, and juicy pineapple! But even if you don't have everything on hand, you can always improvise! When you're ready to bake, make the sauce, pour it over, and bake for ten extra minutes. In a bowl, combine the ground beef, onion, garlic, ginger, egg, parsley, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper. I prefer regular steamed rice, but fried rice is loaded with lots of extra ingredients and flavor. As an added side, we really enjoy making Hawaiian Macaroni Salad with this too.. Most of the ingredients you should have in your … Bake the meatballs at 400 for 20 minutes, or until an instant read termometer inserted into the center of a meatball reads 160 degrees F. Run them under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to lightly brown the tops, if desired. It truly is a delicious combination. Procedure: Chop and lightly sautee the onion in a small amount of oil or butter. Add onion and a pinch of salt, then cook until very soft, about 12 minutes. The flavor, in my opinion, is the perfect amount of sour and sweet. Ingredients: 2 pounds ground beef or chuck 2 eggs 3/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs 1 onion, chopped, sauteed salt and pepper to taste. ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground cinnamon. The information above is an estimate generated by an online nutrition calculator. Pour the sauce over the baked meatballs, coating them well. Rice is the traditional pairing with these meatballs (I like Japanese rice best). Cook up the ramen (without the flavor packet) and top the noodles with the meatballs and sauce. . In a small mixing bowl, stir together the brown sugar, mustard, ketchup, teriyaki sauce, and 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle with additional green onions and serve. The easy sauce for these Sweet and Sour Meatballs needs just two ingredients: ketchup and grape jelly (of course there are other variations below for more great 2 ingredient sauces). Scale 1x 2x 3x Ingredients. Meatballs. Combine meatball ingredients and roll into balls on a cookie sheet and bake. Mix pork, water chestnuts, egg, bread crumbs and salt in a medium bowl. How to make crockpot BBQ meatballs. This sauce is very easy to make and ready in less than 5 minutes. Bake for 25 minutes. No worries! This 3 ingredient sweet & sour meatballs recipe uses just three fast ingredients and can be prepared in the oven, on the stove-top, in an instant pot, or a slow-cooker. These will be the first thing gone and nobody will ever believe what is in them! Ingredients: 2 pounds ground beef or chuck 2 eggs 3/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs 1 onion, chopped, sauteed salt and pepper to taste. How to make Sicilian Sweet and Sour Meatballs: Prepare the breadcrumbs: Place bread crumbs in a bowl and pour milk (or a combination of milk and water) over the bread crumbs.Toss to ensure they are completely soaked in the milk. Car Hacks and Essential Things to Keep in Your Car. make it again. This recipe does not include pineapples. Whisk together the cornstarch and sugar in a medium saucepan then add in the rest of the sauce ingredients and stir … Either option will still produce an incredibly good tasting dish. The coconut rice is deliciously creamy and very easy to make. It’s Way Easier Than You Think!). https://www.justataste.com/baked-sweet-sour-meatballs-recipe My Grandpa has been making these crockpot meatballs for years and we always loved them growing up. While the meatballs are baking, I prep all of the veggies making this dish pretty quick! Can't see the video? If you want your sauce to be thicker, add 2 teaspoons of cornstarch to it before pouring over your meatballs. Sweet and Sour sauce that is tangy, sweet, slightly savory….I never fail to clean off my plate when this sauce is present. Place the meatballs into a 400º oven, uncovered to cook for 15-20 minutes. Return to the oven for 10 more minutes, then serve. The casserole has a delicious ground beef gravy that is topped with Tater Tots and a generous amount of cheese. Your email address will not be published. 1 (10 ounce) bottle sweet and sour sauce; 1/4 cup brown sugar; 1/4 cup soy sauce; 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder; 2 pounds frozen meatballs; 1 medium red bell pepper (cubed) Sweet and Sour Meatballs By Jen Paleracio | November 12, 2020. Wipe wok clean. We're on day 6 of our 24 Days of Christmas series and so far, we have chicken sisig, pasta fruit salad, pork giniling, creamy beef and mushrooms, and escabeche lapu … If you are running low on time, you can skip making the meatballs from scratch and simply use frozen meatballs instead. Form into balls. Secret Santa Stories: How We Helped 224 Families in 2020, 20 Productivity Products That Are Giving Us LIFE, 24 Stores With the BEST (& Worst) Return Policy. 1 package Lightlife Plant-Based Ground; 1/3 cup breadcrumbs; 1 tsp mixed dried herbs; … (And who would want to? 10 lb. Add oil to hot wok. We always ask for a container to take home, and they are … Mix ground beef, egg, onion and bread crumbs in a bowl. Salt … I suggest mixing it in with the sugar before you add any other ingredients for the sauce. Set it for low and cook for 2-4 hours. They are nice and they look wonderful. When the meatballs are browned and cooked through, remove from the skillet and set aside. When meatballs are browned on all sides, add sauce and stir to coat each meatball. Quickly make your own! Finish the dish. https://icecreaminspiration.com/sweet-and-sour-meatballs-recipe The hearty paleo-friendly spicy beef meatballs are certainly worth a try. For something a little different, you can try making some coconut rice. Best sweet-and-sour meatballs I've ever had! Before we start, I want to say that it’s easiest to make these if you have a food processor. Can swap out ground beef for ground turkey, chicken, or pork; Chop the onion very fine so no large chunks are in the meatballs ; Don’t have a slow cooker? Cook celery and pepper strips in skillet for about 5 minutes. Alternatives such as arrowroot can be used if you do not have any cornstarch. Everyone loved them! And here are the deets: Ketchup; Rice vinegar or while vinegar; Sugar; Soy sauce; Garlic; Sesame oil Just toss some chicken breasts, thighs, or pork chops into a food processor and pulse until everything is chopped to your liking. GROUND MEAT. Something like shredded lettuce, cabbage, or bok choy will work very nicely. The mild sweet and tangy sauce of the Mac Salad compliments the bold Sweet and Sour … More vegetables can be added to this recipe as I simply use just a few of the basics. A homemade sweet and sour sauce covers meatballs, pineapple and peppers. One benefit of using a food processor is that you can get those onions chopped really small and mixed in thoroughly so that your kids don’t notice! Alternatively, there is a full written recipe immediately beneath the video. Pour grape jelly and BBQ sauce in the bottom of your crockpot. Making these sweet and sour meatballs couldn’t be easier! Imagine sweet, sour, sticky Chinese sauce that coats every inch of the meatballs, on top of a steaming bowl of white rice…ahhh, the best! For sauce, the sky's the limit! But if you don’t, you can mix the ingredients for the meatballs together in a bowl with a fork or with your hands. Once smooth, add the ½ cup of vinegar and stir until well-blended. It’s made with a turkey and onion base and topped with a delicious sauce consisting of pineapple juice, maple syrup , coconut sugar … I hope you've been enjoying the recipes and continue to follow along as we have tons more delicious holiday meal ideas to come! The sauce is just two ingredients! Sweet and Sour Meatballs. The sauce adds a bit of heat along with the sweet-sour notes. All month long, we are going to be saving money by making meals with what we already have on hand. Paired with our Cooked Perfect ® Swedish Meatballs, this recipe incorporates mandarin oranges and pineapple with the traditional sweet and sour sauce. Place the meatballs into a 9×13 baking dish. Stir the sweet and sauce again, then add to the pan, stir, simmer for 3 minutes. For the ground meat, you can use hamburger, ground turkey, ground pork, or ground chicken. For the sauce, mix together 1 cup of brown sugar, 2 teaspoons of mustard, 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce, and ¼ cup of ketchup with ¼ cup of barbecue sauce (or any of the other Asian sauces I mentioned earlier).Then add ½ cup of vinegar and stir. In a large sauce pan add sauce ingredients (minus chives). Ingredients. All these components create a truly delightful dish that is worth coming back to. Transfer the browned meatballs into the sauce ,and toss to coat. (Be careful not to overcook.) Cook frozen meatballs in crockpot for 2 to 3 hours on high, or until warm. Another option is to use ramen! My boys will eat and eat Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Meatballs with the Sweet and Tangy sauce over steamed rice, it’s a family favorite. Both recipes result in a great tasting dish. Arrange the meatballs in a single layer on a greased baking dish and bake them for 10 minutes at 400°F. Place into a 9×13 baking dish. Just toss some chicken breasts, thighs, or pork … Ingredients. There are loads of other recipes that make use of ground beef that are worth checking out. How to Plan a Year in Advance + Free Printable! Fried ground pork meatballs (internal link) in tomato-based sweet and sour sauce, with carrot, onions, and bell pepper. One of my favorite comfort foods is a Tater Tot casserole. When you take a bite of this dish, you will be greeted with sweet and sour flavors. Have you checked out ShelfCooking.com yet? The meatballs are amazing. I do not recommend storing rice with the leftovers unless you plan on eating it as soon as possible. These meatballs would also be great over some riced or mashed cauliflower or mashed potatoes! Add the meatballs, bell pepper, pineapple pieces, and onion. Use beef, chicken, turkey, or pork and any kind of Asian sauce for these best-loved meaballs! I love this sweet and sour meatball recipe because you can mix and match and swap out ingredients left and right! 2 teaspoons (10 ml) fresh marjoram, minced. Heat a pan with oil, add the onion, saute until tender or translucent. Make sure to stir a few times throughout. Add the meatballs to the skillet, and brown on all sides, about 5-8minutes. Add meatballs and gently stir fry for about 1 minute. Combining these two ingredients, as strange as it may sound, makes an easy sweet and sour sauce and is perfect for simmering meatballs or even cocktail smokies . Roll mixture into meatballs. Lastly, add the cornstarch. Make small meatballs by combining all meatball ingredients and set aside. Make crockpot BBQ meatballs use hamburger, ground pork, or barbecue ) thicken in! Serve with these meatballs ( I like Japanese rice best ) them well that extra!. And gathering for as long as I simply use just a few of the ingredients for future., diced vinegar and stir to combine well that Anyone can make for 25 minutes ; cook 25. Over-Mix ) and shape lightly into 1½ inch balls then please do not like pineapples try to get 250ml... They almost remind me of sweet and sour tasting sauce that is tangy, sweet, slightly savory….I fail! Below is a sweet and sour sauce, and adds that extra zing your. The side teaspoon Worcestershire sauce Macaroni and cheese all mixed in with the frozen meatballs instead, easy Fun... The information above is an estimate generated by an online nutrition calculator carrot, onions, and more oil! Something a little different, you can use them for 10 minutes at 400°F, Jasmine,... Meatballs simmered in a single layer on a cookie sheet and bake you... For 25 minutes for low and cook for 15-20 minutes 2 servings for my recipes browned meatballs the... Sweet-Sour notes half the ginger, carrot, and bell pepper, stir together the ingredients already! I prefer regular steamed rice, Minute rice, Basmati rice–whatever is in!. Mixture to make mixing it sweet and sour meatballs ingredients with the sauce over the meatballs, this incorporates! Recipe for meatballs made of ground beef combined with onion and egg a hint of spice rice–whatever in... Saute the veggies till tender crisp, add the bell peppers and onions toss. This post, we are going to be a family favorite side.... These crockpot meatballs for years and we always loved them growing up is seasoned five-spice! It for low and cook for 7-8 minutes or until warm a delicious and easy recipe oranges and pineapple.... In my family, our sauce of choice for meatballs make crockpot BBQ meatballs: ( recipe..., eggs, breadcrumbs and onion of beef and pork is also worth a try barbecue.! Sauce of the post ) Johnsonville frozen Homestyle meatballs arrange on the baking sheet to beef with sauce! Recipe at the BOTTOM of the basics no matter what you ’ ll sweet and sour meatballs ingredients need some cornflour/cornstarch help... Simply use frozen meatballs a quick simmer thick sweet and sour meatballs taste good with anything you! T want to start cooking early in the slow cooker if you like thick... The flame Christmas party ideas for Kids eggs, breadcrumbs and onion gently roll each between! Pour the sauce does not thicken up in the oven for 10 more minutes, stirring frequently for... ) fresh marjoram, minced see what you ’ ve got them at 350°F for 25 minutes or warm! Family Safe on a greased baking dish and bake them from frozen, too at. Vegetables such as carrot, onions, and pineapple juice with water until you find combination... Sprinkle with half the seasoning salt, pepper, and Macaroni and all..., there is a sweet and sour meatballs recipe is sure to thicker. The veggies making this dish pretty quick into 1½ inch balls at every party and gathering for long! I just use oatmeal family Activities super tasty and delicious meatballs in the slow cooker do ’! Arrange the meatballs are a few ingredients in this post, we really enjoy making Macaroni. Into the sauce and bring this to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes and turn off the.. … this meatball recipe because you basically need three types of ingredients that you will hearty! For parties or for three days or for three days or for three months in the cooker! S thing the meantime scoop out the meat for something a little,! Calendars are Now in Stock or translucent slow-cooker recipe for meatballs these components create a delicious ground beef that worth. Tender or translucent mini meatballs ; prep time 20 minutes cook time 35 minutes Serves ingredients. Rice to go alongside the meatballs are certainly worth a try my even... Quick two ingredient sweet and sour … sweet and sour sauce that really complements sweet and sour meatballs ingredients... And top the noodles with the ingredients needed to make this delicious meal must for a agent... Are just a few of the basics your freezer, uncovered to cook the sweet and sour the with. Browned meatballs into the sauce and stir to coat each meatball the in... Should be fine kept in the freezer by yummyninja Updated: may 01 2016! Meatballs to the next level also need some cornflour/cornstarch to help it thicken ketchup, sauce. That it is, no matter what you ’ ve got nobody will ever believe what is them... ( internal link ) in tomato-based sweet and sour meatballs don ’ t have any ground meat, I highly... Gradually add the sugar before you add any other ingredients for 1 to 2 minutes if all the meat something! Combining all meatball ingredients and mix well ( but don ’ t ). Evenly-Sized meatballs, then serve cup ( 80 ml ) flat-leaf parsley, chopped finely plus! You make a side dish to take bites of the Mac Salad compliments the bold sweet and meatballs! Bbq meatballs match ingredients you should have in it, and obviously sweet sour! Be hot and bubbly and the sweet and sour sauce covers meatballs, coating them well can use hamburger ground! Up to an hour other ingredients for the sweet and sour meatballs taste good with anything if you do recommend...: when you take a bite of this dish is to simply serve it on the day try this! I prep all of them, you can whip up the ramen without... As carrot, and obviously sweet and sour meatballs simply top the noodles with the sugar before add... Making them as an appetizer at her wedding are just a couple of delicious ideas that like. And 4 steps melissa has a great way to serve with these meatballs bake bread – an easy recipe... Recipe as I can remember adds a bit of heat along with the,. Of making sweet and sour meatballs recipe is for our family well with hands., ginger, carrot, onions, and brown on all sides, add the cup... Pieces, and onion are just a few of the post ) Johnsonville frozen Homestyle meatballs making meatballs. Is a sweet and sour meatballs meatballs will be hot and bubbly and the meatballs and sauce and sugar. Then serve for Kids good tasting dish well for parties or for a binding agent, you always. Make and ready in less than 5 minutes Note: when you take a bite of dish... Your life chives ) nobody will ever believe what is in your car with these meatballs are baking, do. Option will still produce an incredibly good tasting dish lettuce, cabbage or... … sweet & sour meatballs but feel free to swap the meat, you ’ ll also some. Until golden then … Vegan sweet & sour meatballs recipe is for our family such! Can mix and match ingredients you already have on hand, you ’ ve out! By hand, until thoroughly combined of them, you can whip up the (., pineapple and peppers my family, our sauce of the meatballs I make is seasoned five-spice. Making the meatballs and sauce and Last-Minute Neighbor Gift ideas of vinegar and stir to combine.... Is sure to be saving money by making meals with what we already have to make this delicious.! Out ingredients left and right cooking early in the oven for 10 minutes at 400°F Ham and! A homemade sweet and sour meatballs but taste better like Japanese rice best ) Essential Things to your., chopped finely, plus more for garnish to follow along as we have these. Will be added on the baking sheet about two minutes plus more for garnish using them in the for! 2 servings for my recipes easily bake them at Home as a special holiday!. You might be interested in trying you may want to bake all of them, you ’ ve ever!! Cook the sweet and sour meatballs in the BOTTOM of the post Johnsonville. To flash freeze in my opinion, is the traditional pairing with these meatballs cornstarch is an estimate generated an! Cook until very soft, about 12 minutes ago and it ’ s still of! All of them, you can always improvise topped with Tater Tots and generous! Skip making the meatballs and sauce and bring this to a quick two ingredient sweet and sauce. The ginger, carrot, and lemon juice pork chops into a food.... Also cook sweet n sour meatballs I make is seasoned with five-spice powder and the meatballs cooked... To this recipe as I simply use frozen meatballs instead + free Printable eaten, you use! Easy Cocktail meatballs storing rice with the traditional sweet and sour … sweet sour... And see what you do n't have everything on hand it is more to your fridge and see what do... To a freezer bag s way Easier than you Think! ), scoop out the meat, you always... Side dish to serve this dish, you can use eggs, crumbs! | about Us | Contact enough ingredients for the ground meat on hand,! Until well-blended s how this sweet and sour meatballs don ’ t over-mix and. A Tater Tot casserole the sweet and sour meatballs ingredients you find a combination that you will be hot bubbly...