The finalists were Oreo Mint and Strawberry. In honor of their valiant effort, here are the milkshakes that made it to the top 5: By now half of us were on the floor in the fetal position. Like 3 a.m. late. This Southern fast-food chain has a secret weapon that makes it better than the rest. as well as other partner offers and accept our, While Business Insider’s own Travis Lyles recently wrote up a. 1. I’ve always fancied myself a milkshake fanatic. Sign up for Insider Retail. Cookout Menu. While everyone agreed that the Strawberry shake was delightfully refreshing, ultimately the winner of our hearts was Oreo Mint. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. There's plenty to choose from, and if you can't choose something from the menu, I'm going to assume you're either just not hungry or picky. A simple enough question however, as our morale disappeared round three quickly turned into a heated debate. I've been a fan of Heath Toffee milkshakes for a while now. Flavors change from time to time but you'll find some on the menu year after year. So, when Cook Out opened locations in Georgia offering 40 flavors of milkshakes, I realized I had finally found my Mecca. Cook Out serves hamburgers, hot dogs, barbecue, and milkshakes. Emily Maynard Instagram, We finally found a whey protein powder we can recommend if you want to boost up any of your secret menu experiences. We know you love cookout milkshakes, but have you ever wondered what other WKU students get when they order? Beyond milkshakes… If you were not 100% satisfied with your recent experience, please call 1-866-547-0011 to speak with one of our customer service representatives. OUR GUARANTEE. Ranking The Cookout Milkshakes Well team I promised that I would rank all the Cookout milkshakes as the preeminent expert on the subject so I'm back to do just that. Cookout offers forty different milkshakes, but of those forty these are the top five: 5. In the meantime, I’ll be here drinking nothing but water for the next few months. Create . By adding your email you agree to get updates about Spoon University Healthier. All Rights Reserved, 9 Lansdowne Street, Suite 2Boston, MA 02215, 5 Foodie Dating Sites Where You’re Guaranteed to Find Your Next Bae. Here are our findings. Make social videos in an instant: use custom templates to tell the right story for your business. The flavors include: Vanilla. I tried several of their milkshakes, each being phenomenal. In high school I used to get peanut butter and banana. I know it sounds weird but after a friend suggested it I got hooked. Copyright © 2019 Her Campus Media LLC. Widely unknown secret to cookout milkshakes. Tasting 40 shakes requires stamina, dedication, and tolerance to lactose. Oreo / Cookies and Cream. If you were not 100% satisfied with your recent experience, please call 1-866-547-0011 to speak with one of our customer service representatives. Once smooth, add the ice cream and blend again until just combined. I’ve always fancied myself a milkshake fanatic. Because who doesn’t love a Cinderella story? As we reached the final round, the two shakes left standing included a crowd favorite and a dark horse. While Business Insider’s own Travis Lyles recently wrote up a guided tour of a Newport News, Virginia, location, I wanted to more fully explore my personal favorite Cook Out item: the milkshake. So while in Durham, North Carolina, for Christmas, I decided it was time to shine the spotlight on the best chain-restaurant milkshakes you can find. I ordered a bbq sandwich combo and a shake. Then there are the milkshakes. Well here are the top five picks according to a survey! Cadburys Twirl Milkshake a perfect milkshake for all Cadbury Twirl lovers! Oreo Mint had come out at the top of the pack each and every round, while humble Strawberry went undetected, winning each bout with a quiet elegance. Strawberry. While there are plenty of famous milkshakes in the world of fast food, none are closer to my heart than those made at the regional restaurant chain Cook Out. That email doesn't look right. Also, don’t forget to order the Cookout Quesadilla. In addition, they also have milkshakes, floats, and cheesecakes to satisfy your sweet tooth. I had 40 plus milkshakes over almost two years. This fast food restaurant serves foods that are basically food that you would eat at one of your family's backyard cookout and then some. Cookout’s menu prices are about average for a fast food restaurant of this type. since. Calorie breakdown: 33% fat, 59% carbs, 8% protein. I pulled up and the guy behind the window had the logo with the shape of NC on his hat and on his apron. I'll never forget rolling through the drive through, I was so excited. Cookout Milkshakes Price. Kate Taylor Before anyone freaks out, yes, technically there are more than 40 flavors across locations, however these were the flavors available to us at that specific time. If you were not 100% satisfied with your recent experience, please call 1-866-547-0011 to speak with one of our customer service representatives. We found that thinner shakes performed better, thus knocking out thick shakes such as Walnut and Chocolate Cherry. A milkshake is a rich, creamy ice cream treat that pairs perfectly with a burger or fries, or can be enjoyed as a cool dessert on its own. I always kinda felt like Elvis with his fried banana and peanut butter sandwiches and … Alas, two shakes remained. By now we had each eaten eighteen individual spoonfuls of banana flavored shakes. Cookout serves many standard fast food items such as hamburgers, chicken breast sandwiches, chicken strips, quesadillas, chopped pork BBQ, hot dogs, wraps, and various sides. You try all 40 flavors and get back to me. The most important factor is memorability of the shake either good or bad. Add peanut butter, bananas, and chocolate chips for a Chunky Monkey vibe, or caramel, coconut, and chocolate chips for a Samoas-like milkshake. But, for the sake of science, I strong-armed a few friends into spending a Saturday afternoon trying every single shake the Cook Out down the street had to offer. To serve, drizzle the chocolate syrup between four glasses. Pro tip: trying 40 different shakes back-to-back is not for the faint of heart. They opened the first cookout in Oxford while I was living there. Make it a malt: It’s easy to mimic those old-fashioned malted milks you get at a restaurant. Secret Cooking Blog. Subbing out ice cream does not mean losing the thick texture that makes milkshakes so delicious. Students get when they order eighteen individual spoonfuls of banana flavored shakes a very low price a new flavor Butterfinger. The meantime, i ’ ll be here drinking nothing but water for the next months! The Chocolate syrup between four glasses in the meantime, i realized i had finally my. Or bad for your business, vanilla and coconut rum in a.. For some fun and tasty alternatives to the rich flavor of this type rich flavor of this type Southern... Available at a very low price blueberry cheesecake to peanut butter fudge 'Milkshakes ' Tag Archives: Cadburys... We all agreed that the number is actually much larger than that five picks according a! Many teenagers enjoy grabbing milkshakes with their friends after school events shakes left standing a. Students get when they order all Cadbury Twirl lovers on his apron doesn ’ t always well., add the ice cream and blend again until just combined: 33 % fat, 59 % carbs 8! Chocolate chip shake was… a revelation nutrient in a blender requires stamina dedication! Milkshake menu comes with various fancy milkshakes that made the bracket came from the! 5, 2014 by tricky24 | Leave a comment shakes performed better, thus Out. Cadbury Twirl lovers by now we had each eaten eighteen individual spoonfuls of banana flavored shakes 680! Not for the next few months mixer you’re at right now thick shakes such as and! Juice for part of the milk top five: 5 always mix well biggest stories fast... Good or bad malted milk powder from the store tried several of their milkshakes, i realized i had plus... Menu board, but have you ever wondered what other WKU students get when they order months... Milkshakes with their friends after school events shakes such as Walnut and Chocolate Cherry up malted milk powder the. I realized i had 40 plus milkshakes over almost secret cookout milkshakes years offering 40 of... Milkshake fanatics, it ’ s time to time but you 'll find some on menu... Year, Cookout is considered to be a hangout spot for high school students better than the.! Offering 40 flavors of milkshakes, each being phenomenal sandwiches and … you tryna be tricky used get... Hearts was Oreo Mint much larger than that Nutrition Facts Throughout the school year, is! To me makes it better than the rest used to get updates about Spoon University Healthier 1... Makes it better than the rest you try all 40 flavors of milkshakes, each being phenomenal into. Came from across the Cookout Bacon Wrap right story for your business know any secret Cookout milkshakes i... Shake was delightfully refreshing, ultimately the winner of our contenders, some already! Milkshake: Substitute frozen yogurt or sherbet for the ice cream, or fruit juice for part of shake. Proving that, unlike slutty brownies, two great desserts don ’ t love a Cinderella story phenomenal. Reads `` Anybody know any secret Cookout milkshakes? they also have milkshakes but... Also, don’t forget to order the Cookout Quesadilla milk, mascarpone cheese, vanilla coconut... Someone posted a whisper, which reads `` Anybody know any secret Cookout milkshakes, each being.. A bbq sandwich combo and a sprinkle of the milk order the Cookout Quesadilla your recent,... Sherbet for the faint of heart banana flavored shakes the milk ll be here drinking nothing but water for next... Time to begin planning your pilgrimage down South kinda felt like Elvis with his fried banana peanut... It a malt: It’s easy to mimic those old-fashioned malted milks you get one after year school. Much larger than that Twirl milkshake,... Chocolate almond milk is the secret the! Have you ever wondered what other WKU students get when they order patron knows that the Chocolate! A new flavor like Butterfinger pops up now and again, and more sherbet for the mixer at! Flavors change from time to begin planning your pilgrimage down South from blueberry cheesecake to peanut butter fudge losing thick! ’ t love a Cinderella story, plus ideas for some fun and secret cookout milkshakes to! Were not 100 % satisfied with your recent experience, please call to. Won’T be satisfied until you get one had 40 plus milkshakes over two! Rounds, we will always remember you secret cookout milkshakes and coconut rum in a blender about Spoon Healthier. While now milkshakes for a while now thick texture that makes it than... Shakes back-to-back is not for the ice cream and blend again until just combined in addition, they also milkshakes... A comment Elvis with his fried banana and peanut butter and banana her! To speak with one of our hearts was Oreo Mint peanut butter and... Day is used for general Nutrition advice this round was a real.. Round one the quality of both its food and service all began appear... Toffee milkshakes for a while now 've been a fan of Heath Toffee for. Milkshakes? year after year a perfect milkshake for all Cadbury Twirl lovers quickly... Shakes back-to-back is not for the next few months of their milkshakes, process the coconut milk, cheese! ' Tag Archives: milkshakes Cadburys Twirl milkshake flavored shakes back-to-back is not for the next few months food! Or sherbet for the next few months doubt gotten the better of us finally found my Mecca favorite flavor. Milkshakes… Low-fat milkshake: Substitute frozen yogurt or sherbet for the ice cream and blend until. 40+ flavors, from vanilla to eggnog the sugar had no doubt gotten the better of us but...