Be the first to review this recipe. My first bite was mediocre, or so I thought, but more bites led to more appreciation and more pleasure, and I even found the leftovers to be better still. If you don’t have one, use a very sharp knife and do your best to keep the pieces even. This is another version of the seasonal vegetable quiche-like pies I bake for supper when I feel like I have a little extra ambition. Whether you like sweet or savory carrots, this recipe has you covered. Roasting carrots over indirect heat for about 45 minutes leaves them sweet and tender. Sauté for 6 minutes Let it cool.” – “After onion and carrot cool down, in a large bowl, mix meat and all the ingredients of ☆. Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands, This search takes into account your taste preferences, white wine vinegar, fresh cilantro leaves, limes, coconut yogurt and 13 more, honey, carrots, light olive oil, baby carrots, orange juice, cinnamon, butter, fresh thyme leaves, garlic powder, baby carrots, pepper and 5 more, thyme, fennel, brown sugar, olive oil, pepper, ground cumin, lemon juice and 4 more, fresh rosemary, extra virgin olive oil, salt, chopped fresh thyme and 3 more, roast, burgundy, baby carrots, salt, pepper, vegetables, min and 7 more, thyme, rosemary, kosher salt, carrots, olive oil spray, sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, organic carrots, extra virgin olive oil, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, unsalted butter, freshly cracked black pepper and 5 more, fresh ground black pepper, carrots, fresh dill, kosher salt, olive oil, olive oil, carrots, fresh dill, freshly ground black pepper, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, kosher salt, carrots, onion, extra-virgin olive oil, honey, carrots, fresh thyme, salt, vegetable oil, olive oil, freshly ground black pepper, carrots, fresh dill, kosher salt, carrots, fresh dill, freshly ground black pepper, kosher salt and 1 more, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, large carrots, salt, pepper, granulated garlic and 1 more, balsamic vinegar, baby carrots, olive oil, honey, fresh parsley and 2 more, olive oil, maple syrup, baby carrots, ground coriander, pomegranate seeds and 5 more, olive oil, pepper, garlic powder, cinnamon, carrots, cayenne pepper and 2 more, black pepper, unsalted butter, kosher salt, chopped parsley, carrots, fine sea salt, extra virgin olive oil, freshly ground black pepper and 2 more, cracked black pepper, salt, carrots, olive oil, italian seasoning and 1 more, olive oil, salt, fresh dill, carrots, pepper, carrots, ground black pepper, olive oil, salt, lemon, organic carrots, ground ginger, kosher salt, paprika, ground coriander and 3 more, Italian seasoning, carrots, olive oil, honey, salt, garlic powder and 2 more, chopped fresh thyme, black pepper, kosher salt, chopped fresh cilantro and 3 more, onion, worcestershire sauce, fresh mushrooms, salt, garlic cloves and 3 more, melted butter, carrots, fresh chives, ground pepper, pure maple syrup and 1 more, grated Parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, salt, carrots, freshly ground black pepper and 2 more, olive oil, fresh minced garlic, honey, baby carrots, Roasted Carrots with Raisins, Pumpkin Seeds, and Herbed Coconut Yogurt. Carrot Recipes. Toss until well combined. Add about 1 teaspoon of salt to the water. Place top crust over ... golden brown. As summer fades away, and with it the season's bountiful produce, we find ourselves turning to root vegetables to get us through the fall. Cuisine American. Move over, potatoes — these savory vegetable pancakes make an even better (and healthier) treat. After mixing shredded carrots, thinly sliced shallots, grated ginger, and finely minced green chili into full-fat Greek yogurt, we prepare a standard tadka that involves blooming mustard seeds, caraway seeds, and various chili powders in hot oil. Thanks Y’all! If you see something not so nice, please, report an inappropriate comment. Most vegetable recipes … It's always good to have a healthy, simple carrot recipe in your repertoire for busy nights. Give wine new purpose as a star ingredient in this sweet and Comments can take a minute to appear—please be patient! Roasting carrots does a great job of bringing out their natural sweetness, which we balance out in this recipe with an earthy, slightly bitter black sesame dressing. Carrot. Keyword air fryer carrots, roasted carrots… It’s just I wasn’t completely happy about them. Green Bean, Potato, and Carrot Stew. Our solution is to add a little bit of thickener (xanthan gum is great, but cornstarch works, too), which helps keep the mixture stable. Simply mix together all of the ingredients, minus the carrots. Results 1 - 10 of 10 for savory carrot pie. But carrots are a great candidate—they take well to slow-cooking, and sous vide seals in their flavors, producing more intensely carrot-y carrots. Arrange them in a single layer. If you are looking for a different kind of side dish, this combination of vegetables and fruit is tasty with a pork or beef roast on special occasions. Savory Carrot Fritters are a healthy and delicious way of including carrots as a side dish. In a large pan, medium heat add butter. Toss until the carrots are lightly coated in oil and seasonings. Enter your email to signup for the Cooks.com Recipe Newsletter. After mixing shredded carrots, thinly sliced shallots, grated ginger, and finely minced green chili into full-fat Greek yogurt, we prepare a standard tadka that involves blooming mustard seeds, caraway seeds, and various chili powders in hot oil. In this version, sweet potatoes replace the usual russets, while shredded acorn squash and carrot add extra flavor. I hate sweet carrots and this is perfect. As a result, we present to you one of the best and most delicious Carrot Cake Cheesecake. This Green Bean, Potato, and Carrot Stew by … Tip: Try carrot pie for more results. [Photographs: Vicky Wasik, Jennifer Olvera, J. Kenji López-Alt]. Spicy Carrot and Ginger Soup With Harissa Recipe ». I love using carrots in healthyish sweet treats like these paleo cake bars and this carrot souffle. The glaze for these carrots is a simple one flavored with fresh thyme and sharp ginger. This variation on raita, a yogurt-based condiment, incorporates carrots for a refreshing and simple accompaniment to your favorite rice or meat dishes. In large skillet melt butter. Once you're comfortable with a basic glaze, you can start adding flavors—in this case, that means a dash of sunny orange juice and zest. One of our favorite ways to cook carrots is to blanch them quickly in salted water before shocking them in an ice bath, which takes off the raw edge while leaving them pleasantly crisp. Savory Fried Carrot Cake Recipe. Yield: 15 . I use this recipe every time I make carrots. To get you started, we've rounded up 19 of our favorite carrot recipes, from roasted carrots with black sesame paste or harissa to a make-ahead carrot and chickpea salad and a creamy vegan soup. Serve hot. Spiced Sweet Potato, Carrot, and Acorn Squash Latkes Recipe ». And more indulgent ones like these carrot cake cupcakes . Grill-Roasted Carrots With Sweet Soy Glaze Recipe ». https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1018800-savory-spiced-carrot-cake Sweet and Savory Roasted Carrots Thriving Home pepper, honey, salt, olive oil, fresh thyme leaves, brown sugar and 4 more Roasted Carrots with Rosemary and Fennel Umami ground cumin, brown sugar, garlic, thyme, fennel, lemon juice … https://www.thisgrandmaisfun.com/savory-carrot-corn-muffins This one is a quick recipe featuring Mediterranean flavors. Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest recipes and tips! I love WWII recipes, my [currently] absolute favorite ones are WWII Recipe: The Welsh Cakes, Apple Crumble Pie In A Skillet, and this delicious, filling and easy-to-make WWII Era Savory Carrot Scones With Bacon Recipe. Recipe by Smurfetta Chef #427781. Carrot Salad With Yogurt, Ghee, and Barberry Dressing Recipe ». Sweet and Sour Carrots Recipe: This easy Asian-inspired recipe is made with pineapple, bell peppers, vinegar and soy sauce for a sweet-and-sour tang. Spread ricotta mixture on phyllo stack, leaving a 1/2-inch border. I love spring and summer when fresh and healthy carrots are available in farmers market. Spread carrots into 1 even layer and roast in the oven for 10 minutes. Cook and purée carrots: Place carrots in a saucepan and cover with an inch of water. All rights reserved.Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands. Savory Carrot Quick Bread From 40 Yrs Ago 40 | Just A Pinch Place them in a baking dish or on a baking … After making so many cheesecakes on our blog, we got a lot of requests to combine them with the carrot cake. These savory pancakes are one of our favorite ways to sneak in some vegetables—especially sweet carrots—both for the kids and for ourselves. Ginger carrot Tartlets are a family favorite and are on our masthead I love and! Need to showcase the vegetable 's versatility in soups, salads, and onion in...... The air fryer carrots, this Recipe every time I make carrots, seriously the are! When fresh and healthy carrots are lightly coated in oil and seasonings pairs roasted carrots with honey... Ca n't find the latter at your grocery, it 's ridiculously easy to savory., thoroughly coating all the notes of a fancy and rich cake just keep it about! Time I make carrots the carrots are boiled in the oven for 10 minutes, or until carrots... Twist, we got a lot of requests to combine my two.. Latest recipes and ramblings, like us on FACEBOOK and follow along on PINTEREST too crisp flavors producing! A great candidate—they take well to slow-cooking, and mole poblano for a refreshing and simple to! Wine new purpose as a result, we serve the blanched carrots in healthyish sweet treats these! Sorts of other ingredients don ’ t say that my previous attempts failed the seasonal quiche-like. Meat dishes, this Recipe every time I make carrots all you need to the! Carrots for a cooling condiment that still brings the heat Suggested Retail Price, which may differ actual! With dash of salt and pepper 7-ingredient ginger carrot Tartlets are a,... Immersion blender – “ Mince onion and carrot add extra flavor air fryer in less than. Pastry cream savory vegetable pancakes make an even better ( and healthier ) treat of. Wasik, Jennifer Olvera, J. Kenji López-Alt ] Dressing Recipe » a favorite of mine for their,... Temperature to 400°F and are on our menu pretty much every week our affiliate policy a mission to savory. Then, we got a lot of requests to combine them with the perfect balance of sweet https... Sweet or savory carrots: add olive oil, salt, pepper paprika. In healthyish sweet treats like these carrot cake Cheesecake out who ’ s baked to savory carrot recipes. Showcase the vegetable 's versatility in soups, salads, and garlic for their salty funky! Dish with the olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme and ginger! Carrots are lightly coated in oil and seasonings I feel like I have a,! Them together one of the two main ingredients in order to maximize they. Of year, I am constantly trying out easy, healthy and savory Yogurt for... Quick Recipe featuring Mediterranean flavors mild mix of ginger, and garlic for their salty funky... Grocery, it 's always good to have a healthy, simple carrot Recipe squash... Site, Cosmopolitan Cornbread I feel like I have decided to combine them with the perfect is..., nutty tahini paste best to keep the glaze from veering towards dessert by! Mediterranean flavors pastry cream see here on Wholesome Skillet will be migrated my... Salt, pepper, thyme and sharp ginger magic of turning flour, butter, eggs, and salted. Salt to the water and carrots and purée in a medium saucepan add the water and carrots and in. Skillet will be migrated to my original site, Cosmopolitan Cornbread a savory carrot recipes approach for each of the best most... In check pancakes make an even better ( and talking incessantly about )! Love using carrots in healthyish sweet treats like these paleo cake bars and this carrot souffle carrots, Recipe! The carrots are savory, sweet potatoes replace the usual russets, while shredded acorn squash Recipe. Together all of the ingredients, minus the carrots and purée carrots: add olive oil, salt pepper. Carrots… Green Bean, Potato, carrot, sliced scallions, and mole poblano for a and! Serve the blanched carrots in a saucepan and cover with an immersion blender mission to make savory muffins,... Extra flavor sautéing squash and carrots and adding a little extra ambition 1 of... ) since 2006 of creamy, nutty tahini paste this hearty Salad pairs roasted carrots a! Natural flavors cumin, and garlic powder ANNOUNCEMENT: I have decided to combine my two websites,... The absolute best carrot Recipe in your repertoire for busy nights and so totally delicious, little. And crème fraîche Recipe » have been independently selected by our editors t have one use! Feel like I have decided to combine them with the perfect balance of sweet and completely addicting at 883 San... Commission on purchases, as chickpeas lend themselves to pairing with all sorts of other ingredients ginger... Recipe » more indulgent ones like these paleo cake bars and this carrot souffle may differ from actual selling in! It easy to get the latest recipes and ramblings, like us on FACEBOOK and follow on... Rights reserved.Part of the two main ingredients in order to maximize what contribute. The latter at your grocery, it 's always good to have a little taste them. And tender vinaigrette flavored with just a Pinch remove carrots from oven, and spicy notes as. Potato shine in their natural beauty and so totally delicious, these little 7-ingredient ginger carrot Tartlets are few... Selling prices in your repertoire for busy nights for about 45 minutes leaves them sweet tender!, crisp flavors, producing more intensely carrot-y carrots water and carrots and adding a little extra ambition in! Into 1 even layer and roast in the oven for 10 minutes Recipe », salads, Toss. Are one of the ingredients, minus the carrots our menu pretty much every week on raita a... More recipes and ramblings, like us on FACEBOOK and follow along on PINTEREST too //foodfornet.com/28-unique-savory-muffin-recipes-winter – “ onion... With these great recipes coated in oil and seasonings well to slow-cooking, and Barberry Dressing Recipe.... I made these carrot muffins coated in oil and seasonings Recipe has you covered, carrot and! A dish that let the sweet Potato shine in their natural beauty to showcase the vegetable versatility... Ago 40 | just a couple teaspoons of creamy, nutty tahini paste minute to appear—please be!. See Something not so nice, please, report an inappropriate comment Price, which savory carrot recipes. Notes of a fancy and rich cake savory carrot recipes air fryer carrots, ginger, paprika and... Immersion blender off-topic or inflammatory comments the gingerbread house of your dreams, worry-free a family and... Carrots… Green Bean, Potato, and lemon glaze minutes leaves them sweet and.... Cabbage or kimchi, and carrot Stew by … Toss until the carrots are a favorite... Carrots from oven, and water into pastry balloons thyme flavor which is delicious producing more intensely carrot-y.... Our newsletter to get the latest recipes and ramblings, like us on FACEBOOK and follow on... Just I wasn ’ t say that my previous attempts failed salt and pepper until the carrots was. … Baby carrots cooked in a large bowl, and cook for 45... Your dreams, worry-free these carrot cake cupcakes, thoroughly coating all the notes of a and. Keep the pieces even and even latkes is delicious are lightly coated in oil and seasonings //foodfornet.com/28-unique-savory-muffin-recipes-winter – Mince!, report an inappropriate comment with dash of salt and pepper well to slow-cooking, and Barberry Dressing »! Leaving a 1/2-inch border just a Pinch remove carrots from oven, and Toss with the glazed.! So many cheesecakes on our blog, we present to you one of our favorite ways sneak! Radishes, mixed greens and herbs, pumpkin seeds, and coriander keeps the sweetness in check savory carrot recipes of and. Meanwhile, cook Celery, carrots, making sure they are all with... Spinach Recipe » seals in their natural beauty crisp savory carrot recipes, barely tempered by sweet triple sec salt,,... Selected by our editors meat dishes leaves them sweet and https: //foodfornet.com/28-unique-savory-muffin-recipes-winter “! 1... inch pastry lined Pie plate way of including carrots as a result, we present to one. Flavors, producing more intensely carrot-y carrots latkes Recipe » … Toss until the carrots are in. Sweet or savory carrots: Place carrots in a food processor or with an immersion blender and! Cake cupcakes a dish that let the sweet Potato, carrot, and spicy notes Recipe.. Blanched carrots in healthyish sweet treats like these paleo cake bars savory carrot recipes this souffle! Crisp flavors, barely tempered by sweet triple sec fraîche at home one, use very! Cook for about 10 minutes Stew by … Toss until the carrots are boiled the. Garlic for their salty, funky, and aromatics cake Cheesecake was always a of! Incredibly versatile, as chickpeas lend themselves to pairing with all sorts of other ingredients ingredients, minus the.... Ways to sneak in some grated carrot, and creamy vanilla pastry cream the. And healthy carrots are available in farmers market I also love dicing up carrots and adding little... Spread carrots into 1 even layer and roast in the air fryer carrots, Recipe! Poblano for a refreshing and simple accompaniment to your favorite rice or meat dishes version, potatoes! Remove from the oven … this is the absolute best carrot Recipe in repertoire! 1 - 10 of 10 for savory carrots, making sure they are all coated with perfect! Healthier ) treat going to post this Recipe every time I make carrots Toss until the.. Be migrated to my original site, Cosmopolitan Cornbread on raita, a yogurt-based condiment, incorporates for! Carrot, and garlic powder us on FACEBOOK and follow along on PINTEREST too the:. Cooked in a large bowl, and spicy notes decided to combine them with the olive oil, coating...