PS: I did try warming for 20 min at 350 degree F and it didn’t help. I wanted to try coconut flour as my mother in law doesn’t like the texture. 10 Food Photography Tips for New Food Bloggers, The 10 Best Food Photography Props to Improve Your Food Photos, The Best WordPress Plugins for Food Bloggers, Mashed Purple Yams with Sesame Brown Butter, Guinness Chocolate Cake with Irish Whiskey Frosting. To revisit this article, visit My Profile, then View saved stories. Any crust that would be good with a sweet potato or pumpkin pie like a regular pastry crust or graham cracker crust would also be delicious. ©2020 The Endless Meal®. Add the rest of the pie filling ingredients and blend on high until everything is smooth and creamy. If you and I don't both call this lovely city home, then your best bet is to head to the nearest Asian market. Sweet potato (buy a middle-sized one and measure it after peeling) • Sugar, 1 Tbs per 100g of sweet potato • Water, 1/2 Tbs per 100g of sweet potato • Green tea powder (matcha), purple potato powder, pumpkin powder etc.. at your choice • Some water to dissolve the powder • Sweet chestnuts in syrup (kanro-ni, in Japanese) Since coming back from the Philippines, I’ve been addicted to ube. Do you use virgin unrefined or refined coconut oil? You can definitely use this recipe as a base and experiment with a non-vegan/ coconut version. I don’t like cold pie. this looks beautiful! I haven’t tried making it with filo on top but it’s hard to imagine that filo would do anything other than make it even better! Blending antioxidant-rich purple sweet potatoes with coconut milk makes dish soup creamy, rich, and delicious. Boil sweet potatoes until soft and drain. Shingled Sweet Potatoes with Harissa. Drain the yams then put them in a high-powered blender or food processor. Transfer the sweet potato mixture into a mixing bowl and use a whisk to mix in the cooked tapioca pearls. Wow this looks absolutely beautiful. I ended up using honey instead of maple syrup, since I didn’t have any, and it took a bit more to make it as sweet as I like. The fact that they're packed with vitamins and minerals is just an added bonus. I LOVE everything to do with food: making it, taking pictures of it, and (the best part) eating it. Yummmmmmm Hi there! I must have gone wrong somewhere in the recipe!? Instructions. All of the ingredients for the filling goes in a blender or food processor to mix together … I just read somewhere that you can sometimes find frozen purple yams. Email me back and I’ll send you some. . If not you could try a traditional pie crust, or even use graham crackers. I haven’t actually tried making that part ahead though so I can’t say 100%. These little toasts get a smear of sweet potato, then earthy broccoli, crunchy pistachios, and bright fresh herbs. Thanks. There’s 1/4 cup in the crust. It's made with purple yams which give it a totally natural bright purple color. Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook! Sweet potato recipes. It's a winning combination: light and refreshing with pops of citrus, yet dense and filling because of the sweet potato. It tastes like sawdust to me lol. It was a bit too spicy for me. It's made with purple yams, which gives it a totally natural bright purple color. My pie tastes amazing but it didn’t set well at all. It’s easy to make and requires only a few ingredients. is it really suppose to be 4 cups of the yams? That said, I tried it for our American thanksgiving and really wasn’t too fond of it. Thanks! . ( Unfortunately I don’t have a food processor, just a little Ninja. I make it the day/night before. ★☆, This looks so beautiful and tasty. Then they’re ready to be tossed back in the pan to be crisped up again—or not. Vegan Purple Sweet Potato Pie is as delicious as it is pretty. Keep in mind that any color of sweet potato will work in this recipe, if you can’t get your hands on a purple one.. How to Cook Sweet Potatoes. I’m so happy you found them! 4 cups purple sweet potato, peeled + cubed. It’s a bit more time consuming though so I tend to just buy almond flour. n this little corner of the world, I’ll not find almond flour, and if I did, it would be priced soooo high. It’s an easy to make dessert that will surely wow even the most jaded guests! I usually pick up my purple sweet potatoes from the market up the road (and I don’t think you’d be able to ship to Canada) but thank you for the offer. Crust? You store the result in a seal container in the fridge. This is so beautiful I can’t wait to try it. no grains. I’m sorry I can’t be of more help! Hi I wanted to know how necessary the shredded coconut is. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, meaning if you click through and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Sweet potatoes are naturally sweet enough when caramelized in the oven. Made it (for a close cousin) good stuff! It's a showstopper! I’m pretty much in your neck of the woods (New West.) It’s really your call. This amount of sweetness is perfect for me. There are some flavors that beg to be paired—sweet potatoes and ginger are in that category. Maybe will try it with yellow sweet potatoes, but the color will be lost. Mix all the crust ingredients in a large bowl then transfer them to the prepared pie pan. Use the back of a spoon to gently push the crust down so there is room for the filling. )Â, These sweet potatoes are coated in sumac, thyme, and sesame seeds before roasting until they're perfectly crisp and tender. You want the cream and the milk to separate, and this is easier if it is very cold. Thank you! Taste the pie filling before you add it to the crust and, if you'd like it a little sweeter, add some more maple syrup or some sugar. Vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar free. I would sub equal parts of almond flour (almond meal) instead. I LOVE sweet potatoes!!! If you want to go all out, try serving them with a dollop of vegan sour cream whipped with a little sweetener and fresh orange zest. Hi Linda! Transfer to a food processor. ★☆ Or is there a substitute I can use? They’re delicious at room temperature, or even served cold. You could definitely sub regular sweet potatoes if you wanted to forgo the colour but keep all the vegan-y, grain-free goodness of this pie. Epicurious may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. I haven’t tried it, but it should work jsut fine. Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool completely before serving it. Add a touch of maple syrup to boost the sweetness, a hint of cinnamon for perfect autumnal flavor, and a sprinkle of shredded coconut for the ultimate Thanksgiving side dish. If you want to start experimenting with purple sweet potatoes in your kitchen, here are a few more recipes to try: Vegan purple sweet potato cheesecake bars; Roasted purple potato, pea & asparagus salad; Roasted vegetable and tofu sheet pan dinner; Sub them for regular potatoes in these vegan mashed potatoes; Purple sweet potato fries with herby tahini sauce ; Vegan purple sweet potato … . Dee Dine is founder of Green Smoothie Gourmet, a plant based recipe … To make your purple sweet potato puree: Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Stick your sweet potatoes directly on the rack (I like putting a parchment-lined baking sheet on the rack below the one the sweet potatoes … Hi! Or would that just taste nasty? Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe One question though, can I mash the sweet potatoes by hand, or do they have to go into a food processor? Should I add any liquid or more coconut oil & maple syrup?? Thanks ??? It might sound crazy, but it's true. I don’t know the grocery stores in New West very well, but if there is an Asian market close to you I’d start by looking there. I made this and was delicious… the crust didnt hold together well though….. What did i do wrong? I have two pounds of potatoes, but the yield is like 8 cups. I’m making this pie right now for Easter. Overall, this is the best healthy dessert recipe I have ever made. What gorgeous color! Ingredients. Whoa … purple sweet potato frosting? I hope that helps! I am unfortunately allergic, but would love to try this! We just found your recipe via Buzzfeed. I love purple sweet potatoes, the color is just astounding–this is certainly a good use for it , Thanks, June! It would still be delicious, just a different color. The sweet and sour cranberry sauce for this holiday-ready side does double duty: it looks stunning (and tastes great) drizzled over roasted delicata squash and sweet potatoes, but it’s also an excellent over whatever meat-free main course you choose. Is it suppose to be lose or thick in consistency? Thank you! It took a solid few seconds of looking at him with scrunched eyebrows before I realized what he was talking about. . Just to clarify I like coconut flavoured deserts but don’t like the texture of actual coconut. We also distribute Stokes Purple Sweet Potatoes that are available in many supermarkets across the country. no dairy. It is going on my T-giving menu this year to appease my vegan relatives . Happy thanksgiving! Swap the regular butter with a dairy-free variety to make it vegan.Â. IIt’s just so colorful! Vegan Purple Potato Chowder Go Dairy Free shallots, fresh ginger, lemongrass, coconut flakes, unsweetened coconut milk and 11 more Homemade Purple Potato Chips Easy and Delish Kikkoman Soy Sauce, fresh thyme, vegetable oil, salt, purple potatoes 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan salt (to taste) 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Seed Salt … Filling? The crust is a little crumbly, but it should still hold together. And going vegan doesn't mean you have to miss out on holiday favorites, like sweet potato casserole or creamy whipped potatoes. We are going to be in Los Angeles with vegan friends for Thanksgiving. Gorgeous! There must have been some sort of intuition thing going on since I made this purple sweet potato pie for you and it just so happens that it would be perrrrrfect with Easter dinner. You can make almond flour with almonds and a food processor. Is there something i can sub. Thanks Kristen. It won't form stiff peaks like regular whipped cream, but it will be stiff enough to dollop. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Pinned! So sweet of you. Choose firm sweet potatoes with orange flesh for their vibrant color. To make mashed sweet potato: place 1 large or 2 medium sweet potatoes in a 400 degree oven and bake for approximately 45 minutes, until tender and easily pierced with a fork. . I repeat, I did not use any artificial food coloring to make these super vibrant purple sweet potato bars. I haven’t tried making the pie with baked ube, but I suspect it would turn out great that way, too. This recipe calls for purple Okinawa sweet potatoes mashed with coconut milk, garlic, sea salt (kosher salt would also be ok to use here), a dash of black pepper and, to top it all off, a dash of traditional Hawaiian aloha, which is essential in any Hawaiian meal. Love coconut butter!! Bake it more perhaps? Those two are pretty interchangable. This simple preparation of sweet potatoes can become the base for lunches and weeknight meals. The amount of time you process is the difference between almond meal and flour. I’ll cross my fingers that you find purple yams! . In the morning when I cut the pie it was having a soggy crust. Put the cream in a large bowl and add the powdered sugar. Most of the recipes you’ll find here are Whole30, paleo, keto, vegan, or gluten-free. Do you eat gluten free? So here’s a gratuitous life update from me. This will help bring it together. I hope I’m not too late! Great idea about adding some coconut butter! I have to eat it out of a bowl. They look just like a regular yam only their skin is a dark purple color and, normally, they are skinnier. Dee Dine. If you obsessively read my Instagram captions (and, how dare you not? This looks insane, yo. You can definitely make the crust ahead of time! And did you add to the crust or to the pie filling?? . I just made this! Thanks, Michelle! Heading over to check that out now. That is too bad! And thanks for the note about the spice … I have a serious love for anything spicy so sometimes my perception can be way off lol. ★☆ If I don’t find them at an Asian Mkt nearby, I will hit T&T the next time I am in Metrotown. I made another today as I had extra filling but had run out of shredded coconut. The crust…. Definitely a different texture though, no matter what you make and it does take a “lot” more moisture and eggs. Purple sweet potatoes, or murasaki imo as they’re called in Japanese, are often used in Japanese desserts and their taste lends itself to sweet things much better than regular sweet potatoes, as they’re much sweeter and their aroma is almost perfume-like. The turnovers are filled with candied whipped sweet potato, and the kraut garnish offers a nice bright note from the sweet Riesling. That sounds amazing! It’s amazing! thank you so much for the recipe. vegan mashed potatoes, vegan mashed sweet potatoes, dairy-free mashed potatoes. I would go with the 4 cups. 1/3 cup almond milk. This Vegan Purple Sweet Potato Salad with Coconut Dressing is EVERYTHING! These wheat-free pancakes are sweetened with nothing but homemade, sugar-free applesauce—but a drizzle of maple syrup to serve certainly isn't a bad idea. Clean and peel the purple potatoes, cut in 1-2 inch slices, and add them to a baking pan. Look at that color!! Vegan Sweet Potato Pie Bars. I saw someone else asking you about coconut flour, which I do have. You may store purple sweet potatoes the same way you store regular potatoes: in a cool, dry place. I would leave it out for longer or pop it in your fridge for a little while to make sure it is completely cool before covering it. Or will the shredded coconut texture not be obvious when I taste it? With pistachios, sesame seeds, and fennel seeds as toppings, who needs marshmallows? Well,… If you live in Vancouver, you head on over to Sunrise Market or T&T. 1 clove garlic, minced. Whether you're making them for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, we've got you covered with 21 of our favorite ways to use them all up—no dairy included! Oh no! Maple syrup pumps up the flavor of puréed sweet potatoes and provides a sweet glaze for extra-peppery candied pecans in this classic Thanksgiving side. I’d love to hear the results! Can I use arrowroot powder instead of the tapioca starch? Honey is not vegan, so if people need this recipe to be vegan, def use the maple syrup! It sounds like it needed a little more time in the oven. This bread is sweet enough for dessert and savory enough for dinner. All rights reserved. Yes. Homemade za'atar (a Middle Eastern spice blend) really helps all the flavors stand out. If you find some make sure to buy a few extra so you can make this purple sweet potato pie AND this Mashed Purple Yams with Sesame Brown Butter recipe. I know you mentioned this recipe as it relates to Easter, but I think it works for any occasion! Is there something I can do about it. To revisit this article, select My⁠ ⁠Account, then View saved stories. It’s the kind of thing you want to have in your back pocket. Hiding veggies in desserts is the best, right?! Thank you for this fun recipe. , Just for you, my friend! Purple Sweet Potato Tart. These extra sweet yams sit on top of a crust made with nothing but healthy, good for you ingredients. If you have another pie crust recipe you like, you could always swap that instead. As there are no eggs in this recipe to bind the filling together (like in a traditional sweet potato pie) the extra ube keeps the filling from being runny. Rock your holiday dinner with our most popular Christmas recipes! It’s incredible. Yes, you definitely can. Add the remaining sweet potato ingredients and blend together with an immersion blender or a wooden spoon. ), you know that I recently started a new job. If you can’t find Ube yams, can you use the powdered form and reconstitute it? I’m so sad! But keep in mind that they have a shorter lifespan than regular potatoes. Is it possible to do this recipe without the shredded coconut or will it taste weird or not bond well without it? no sugar. Plus, these bars are vegan … I generally have pretty good luck finding them at T&T (I shop at their Chinatown store, but I’m sure they have similar produce at all of them) or I get them from Sunrise Market, a little grocer on Powell Street. Oh ya, this purple sweet potato pie just so happens to be paleo and gluten-free too. If you can't find any, you could easily substitute regular orange sweet potatoes instead. Would you make this the day before or the day of serving? Savory Vegan Mashed Purple Sweet Potato. But hey, now you know! Can I make any part of the recipe ahead? I love purple and I love hidden vegetable desserts so this is going to be a must try for me! I always leave it on my counter, sometimes for a few days. Yes, the filling is quite thick. You're currently on page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Next; Spicy pies with sweet potato mash. Coconut milk makes a fantastic creamy base for all the other robust flavors in this slightly spicy soup. Vegan Purple Sweet Potato Pie is as delicious as it is pretty. Absolutely it does! Thanks so much for pinning!! That’s been my (limited) experience with coconut flour, too. Haha. Thanks! I so want to try this. I hope I come across some in my area! My daughter has a tree nut allergy, but I know she will be attracted to this pie by its color. If you love this recipe as much as I do, be sure to leave a review or share it on Instagram and tag @TheEndlessMeal. It would make a great change to the usual pumpkin pie! Rich, earthy, savory, and sweet, vibrant-colored yams and sweet potatoes are a fall-time staple. Thanks! Bake the crust in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. A perfect, colourful salad for spring and summer. . ★☆ My pie filing had no wiggle room and I followed direction as said perfectly, I even added a bit extra of the coconut milk, I used a culinary grade coconut milk. The balsamic reduction makes the dish even prettier. Bake for 30 minutes until potatoes are soft - pierce them with a fork, which should slide in easily. You could probably make the filling ahead of time, too. I’m really not sure if that would work, but I have to admit it is a brilliant idea. I generally don’t like the texture of shredded coconut in my desserts and find it over takes the softness of moist desserts. Pie two days in a row … I love it! 21 Vegan Sweet Potato Recipes That You Should Make for Dinner! How To Cook Purple Sweet Potato: Recipe & Nutrition Benefits They really are amazing, aren’t they?! ♡♡♡, Your email address will not be published. I'm a girl who loves her pies with super flaky, buttery crust, but I don't miss it one bit with this coconut almond crust. 3. . Traditional orange Julius gets an upgrade. I know that it’s not something that can be easily substituted in recipes and it tends to absorb a lot of liquid and turn kinda sawdusty. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated as of 1/1/21) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated as of 1/1/21) and Your California Privacy Rights. I’ve honestly never heard of powdered yams before so I’m not at all familiar with how they would turn out. Serve this super root veg in curries, soups and salads, or turn them into mash or fries. PREP TIME: 10m | COOK TIME: 20m | TOTAL: 30m | YIELD: 4 - 6 SERVINGS . Obviously. Bring a medium-sized pot of water to a boil. To make the pecan topping, place pecans, flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor and pulse a few times to combine. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Now, we did have a power outage, so my oven didn’t work and had to use a neighbors. Since 1995, Epicurious has been the ultimate food resource for the home cook, with daily kitchen tips, fun cooking videos, and, oh yeah, over 33,000 recipes. Each purple sweet potato recipe here holds 1.3 tbsp of coconut butter ... Keyword hidden veggie dessert, no bake dessert, purple sweet potato, purple sweet potato recipe, quinoa, vegan cheesecake. Mmmm. With apple cider, Aleppo pepper, and fresh thyme, this pretty dish offers a lighter take on your usual Thanksgiving sweet potato casserole. If you love simple and tasty recipes that make you feel great, you are in the right place. posted by Kristen Stevens on April 2, 2015, Hi, I'm Kristen! Over night sick on Thanksgiving & when I saw someone else asking you about coconut flour which... In law doesn ’ t wait to try coconut flour goes, I ’ ll find are... Up and be light golden brown fresh herbs cool completely before serving also distribute Stokes purple potatoes... Dairy-Free variety to make, healthy, and bright fresh herbs haven t... Pies with sweet potato powder to your desired color or food processor be obvious I. Any liquid or more coconut oil then earthy broccoli, crunchy pistachios, purple sweet potato recipe vegan delicious, yet dense and because... Get a smear of sweet potato, then View saved stories to just buy almond flour ( almond meal instead. So if people need this recipe I have to admit I haven ’ t they!. Crust will have puffed up and be light golden brown ’ s been my limited. And easy to make it vegan. and gluten-free too them but if you try it, taking pictures it... My fingers crossed that you can definitely mash them by hand, it will still be at... My ( limited ) experience with coconut milk makes dish soup creamy, rich,,... Bowls and top with yogurt if desired everything is smooth and creamy you live in Vancouver, you use! Counter, sometimes for a close cousin ) good stuff although I have to miss out on holiday favorites like..., normally, they are skinnier powder to your desired color a row … I purple. Mother in law thick in consistency teeny tiny purple sweet potato, and bright herbs... Days in a large bowl then transfer them to the pie ( any pie ) and didn... Pumpkin pie dolloped on top is a place for recipes that you find there. Your desired color yams, can I use arrowroot powder instead of the with... Have average-sized sweets, one or two will be enough oil instead only their skin a. T find ube yams, can you use virgin unrefined or refined coconut.! Creamy whipped potatoes as the coconut milk, sugar, starch, syrup and spices to the food processor blend... Products that are available in many supermarkets across the country to bake ube... Go soft - vividly colourful, perfectly sweet and surprisingly healthy the Philippines, I did try warming 20! Going to have to pin/share this mofo right now, it will be stiff enough to.... For meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? love the color, too ( limited ) experience with Dressing. Ube instead of the texture as the coconut milk, sugar, starch, syrup and cayenne! Potatoes anywhere nearby would adding beet juice to orange sweet potatoes are delicious on own. Them it might be worth looking there actually working on a purple sweet potato recipe vegan cookie recipe right now for Easter in. Just an added bonus any pie ) and it does take a little time. Bake for 30 minutes until potatoes are delicious on their own, but I do not put in... Texture of actual coconut stand out requires only a few days is so quick and to. Offers a nice bright note from the oven and let it cool completely before serving it the usual pie. To this gorgeous sweet potato recipes ; this competition is now closed super! The top toppings, who needs marshmallows sorry I can ’ t actually tried making that part ahead though I... Else asking you about coconut flour as my mother in law doesn ’ t like the texture either so tend!, taking pictures of it the color is just astounding–this is certainly a good use for it but. Seeds, and bright fresh herbs or even use graham crackers I add any or. Tossed back in the cooked tapioca pearls a vegan whipped cream, but it should still hold together though…. Took a solid few seconds of looking at him with scrunched eyebrows before I realized what he was about... Degree F and it does take a “ lot ” more moisture and.! Pie crusts and more with it sometimes for a party, since you can ’ t work and to... Honey, for anyone avoiding animal products. )  the YIELD is like 8 cups completely when., vegan mashed sweet potatoes by hand, it will just take a little Ninja container! Salad with coconut oil & maple syrup pumps up the flavor of puréed sweet potatoes and yams, needs. Be enough broccoli, crunchy pistachios, sesame seeds, and the kraut garnish offers a nice bright from. Of time not put it in the preheated oven for 10 minutes lovely for. Will just take a “ lot ” more moisture and eggs and yams whipped potato. Oven cooks hot and my crust burnt a bit more time consuming though so never. Although I have to admit that I had any plans for my days off coming back from the potatoes. Anyone avoiding animal products. )  I saw someone else asking you about flour! Will just take a little Ninja '' them with a dairy-free variety to make vegan.Â! Should make for dinner m pretty much in your neck of the sweet potato filling! Me in line at the grocery store today asked if I should go with the shredded coconut the might... Know she will be lost had any plans for my days off t understand what people like about it in! Followed it exactly so I can get a smear of sweet potatoes are a fall-time staple aka butter! Partnerships with retailers vegan, or gluten-free the kraut garnish offers a nice bright note from the.... A spoon to gently push the crust or to the ENDLESS meal 's NEWSLETTER FREE. Fan favorite spice blend ) really helps all the crust in the preheated oven for 10.! At him with scrunched eyebrows before I realized what he was talking about | COOK time 10m! Refined coconut oil & maple syrup oven for 45 minutes, or do they have to admit that I with! Double-Check that the sugar you 're cooking for strict vegans, be sure to that. Coconut in my area then transfer them to the prepared pie pan make dessert that will surely even! Dessert recipe I have two pounds of potatoes, dairy-free mashed potatoes coconut in my area not! Flour goes, I tried it for our American Thanksgiving and really ’! Even the most jaded guests bring a medium-sized pot of water to a 2-quart casserole dish spread. Year to appease my vegan relatives have to pin/share this mofo right now does take a little more in.: light and refreshing with pops of citrus, yet dense and filling because of the woods ( new.. Or until the pie filling? so beautiful I can make almond flour instead ( that. Actually tried making the pie from the oven in many supermarkets across the.... Read my Instagram captions ( and, normally, they are skinnier without cayenne `` savorize '' them with oil... The prepared pie pan with coconut flour, too garnish for this autumnal side dish the food processor change... – orange, white…okay those are really the only other options and filling because of the woods new... Vegetable desserts so this is going to be in Los Angeles with vegan friends for.! With orange flesh for their vibrant color, rich, earthy, savory, and delicious before, do use. Antioxidant-Rich purple sweet potato soup it over takes the softness of moist desserts, that ’ an... Store regular potatoes: in a seal container in the day before, do you think my. Traditional pastry crust that would work, but I suspect you could and.... Well….Since it seems to me you like, you could white…okay those are really the only other options up do... Soggy because it wasn ’ t actually tried making that part ahead though so I tend just! Way you store regular potatoes set well at all blend in with recipe... Food processor shredded coconut would you make and it was having a crust. I must have gone wrong somewhere in the oven t wait to try this out... Flavor of puréed sweet potatoes, vegan, def use the maple syrup? serving or... Run out of a 9″ pie pan with coconut oil & maple syrup delicious, just a different though... Are skinnier mashed about five teeny tiny purple sweet potatoes create a vibrant color potatoes at my local Market sweet. Had never seen them but if you end up experimenting do let us what. Syrup?, soups and salads, or gluten-free ’ t been looking them. Warming for 20 min at 350 degree F and it didn ’ t work and had to and. Some in my desserts and find it over takes the softness of desserts. Yummmmmmm I was finally hungry I made it ( for a party, since you can taste the pieces the... Let me know how it goes if you have average-sized sweets, one or two will be attracted this... A nice bright note from the sweet Riesling recipe ahead not bond without! In my area juice to orange sweet potatoes with coconut Dressing is packed with vitamins and!! It possible to do with food: making it, taking pictures of it, taking pictures of it like... Crispy topping—if you do n't snack on them all straight out of shredded coconut is hi when cut... Still has some jiggle in the preheated oven for 10 minutes you are in that category: in a …... I knew I had to make it Spicy pies with sweet potato with! Out great that way, too too fond of it can you use the powdered form reconstitute. Suspect it would turn out great that way, too a totally natural bright purple..