Not every Chevy Camaro packs a muscular V-8 and a manual transmission, which makes it accessible and desirable to most driving enthusiasts. Parked on the side of the road in Zzyzx, I step outside for a few minutes to marvel at the vast and plentiful stars in the sky. It’s a … There’s no leg room. 2020 Chevrolet Camaro LT1 Coupe Acceleration Chevrolet has worked hard to make this Camaro adept for both overtaking morning traffic and making tons of smoke during burnouts. It’s unrefined. It’s no wonder Camaro owners cited storage and space as their least favorite aspect of owning the car. There’s nothing friendly or cute about this vehicle, and it looks like it might gobble up your offspring if you leave them unattended. Copyright © 2008-2021 BroBible. This is the Base option for the V8. The Camaro LT1, a muscle car if there ever was one, is special because it includes SS hardware in a lower-priced LT trim package. Available as a sporty coupe and sun-loving convertible, the 2020 Camaro has unique styling that's ripe for customization. ... (LT1) 2dr Coupe. And, with less than a hundred miles to go until I reach Las Vegas, I crank up the speed one more time to enjoy the thrilling homestretch, once more blasting AC/DC out the speakers. Occasionally, we write about items that are a part of one of our affiliate partnerships and we will get a percentage of the revenue from sales. Search over 14,600 listings to find the best local deals. Perhaps this is how Chevy plans to upsell you on the optional Recaro performance seats. Between the low-slung seats and huge windshield pillars, the Camaro doesn’t offer good outward visibility. And they had that loud party that went on until the wee hours? The 2020 Chevrolet Camaro has graduated from pony/muscle car to true sports car. Flying to Vegas is no longer an option tonight, but I can still make it if I want, by car. © 2021 J.D. Driving a Camaro LT1 really is quite a thrill. Not every Chevy Camaro packs a muscular V-8 and a manual transmission, which makes it accessible and desirable to most driving enthusiasts. Save $9,293 on a 2020 Chevrolet Camaro LT1 Coupe RWD near you. You can’t get basic safety features like forward collision warning or automatic emergency braking in the LT1, or a much-needed blind spot monitoring system with rear cross traffic alert. Like the SS, the Camaro LT1 uses the same 6.2-liter V8 good for 455 horsepower and offers … Power’s written permission. Just bought a 2020 Camaro LT1 in Riverside Blue with the 10 speed automatic and dual mode exhaust. In terms of psychographics, Camaro owners are more likely to identify as Practical Buyers (32% vs. 26%) than are Challenger and Mustang owners. It uses a premium … Like the LT, the Camaro … Get the real truth from owners like you. Complete performance review and accelerations chart for Chevrolet Camaro LT1 Coupe automatic (aut. It even has the vented hood made famous by the Super Sport, giving the car an almost elegant aesthetic, round and curvy in all the right places. The simple controls for the infotainment system are a blessing. From a features standpoint, the LT1 closely resembles the 1LT trim. An in… Visually, my Camaro’s interior has a cohesive design, with a dual-tone, high-contrast gray and black color combination. Yes, it’s one of ours, my fellow Americans. Woman Who Went Viral For Spraying Gorilla Glue In Her Hair Goes To Hospital, Kodak Black Clone Conspiracy Theory Goes Viral After He Looked Unrecognizable In First Public Appearance Following Pardon, Armie Hammer’s Agency And Publicist Dropped Him, And That’s Never A Good Sign, San Diego Man Who Lost His Wallet 53 Years Ago Gets It Back – From Antarctica, $13 Beer, $14 Popcorn, $18 Double Cheeseburger, Here Are The Expensive Super Bowl Concession Prices In Tampa, The Recruiting Profile Breakdown Of Players In Super Bowl LV Is A Reminder That Stars Aren’t Everything, People Are Mad Tom Brady Was The Only Person Not Wearing A Mask While Entering Stadium Before Super Bowl, Five-Year-Old Has Yet To Wake Up After Suffering Severe Brain Trauma In Car Crash Involving Chiefs’ LB Coach Britt Reid, 2020 Cadillac XT5 Sport Review: Why the XT5 Sport Will Change Perceptions of Crossovers, A Leisurely Ride Around the Great Lakes in the GMC Acadia, Taking the 2019 Chevy Silverado Z71 Into the Sierra Nevadas, The All-New 2019 Chevy Blazer on the Pacific Coast Highway: An Ideal Ride for the Road Trip to Big Sur. Or within the pantheon of American muscle cars. But would you expect otherwise? It’s loud. Real fast. On my mountainous test loop, the Camaro’s electric steering proved quick and precise, the brakes – the fronts are 4-piston Brembos – never faded during a long downhill run, and the suspension performed well in terms of managing the Camaro’s significant weight. Still others wore looks of envy. While its cabin feels cramped and its roof ruins outward visibility, the pony car is endlessly enjoyable to drive. All rights reserved. Compared to data across the segment, the Camaro is more popular with women, with 29% of Camaro owners reporting as female (vs. 24% for the segment). Approaching Barstow around 10:35, it’s time to really see what this 2020 model of the Chevy Camaro LT1 can do. A dutiful four-cylinder and spunky V-6 are the most affordable engines, but Chevy's brilliant 6.2-liter V-8 sounds great and goes like stink. Higher trim … Camaro owners are slightly more likely to agree that a first consideration in choosing a new vehicle is miles per gallon (34% vs. 31%). Power 2020 Initial Quality Study (IQS). Otherwise, you’ll launch features from the easily accessible Home screen. A test drive is a rather random time to delve into existentialism, and I still have my sights set on Las Vegas, so ultimately I pick a star, one star, my star, and make a wish for the coming weekend in Sin City. There’s no head room. GM’s 6.2-litre V8 is not a lumbering engine as it freely and willingly revs to 6,000 rpm for max horsepower, quickly … However, if I’m going to have any chance at hitting the strip before it’s too late, I’ll need to drive fast. A channel carved into the hood on either side of the bulge in the middle sure helps, though, and the side mirrors are sizable. When you actually start touching the interior and inspecting build quality, one wonders if the design team was hungover during final sign-off and approval. 10) in 2020, the model with 2-door fastback coupe body and V-8 6162 cm3 / 374.9 cui, 339 kW / 461 … 2020: LT1 trim debuted; 10-speed automatic transmission became available with 3.6-liter V6 engine; 2021: standard Android Auto and Apple CarPlay now wireless; If you're considering an older model, be sure to read our 2018 Camaro, 2019 Camaro, and 2020 Camaro reviews … And kept their holiday décor up until summer? There’s hardly any traffic, so it’s smooth sailing into the Mojave National Preserve. The test car’s standard front seats were comfortable enough, with good bolstering and thigh support. But some are blisteringly fast. My test vehicle came with minimal infotainment swag. Dan Shapiro is a writer, editor, musician, and producer currently based in Los Angeles. They’re younger, too, with a median age of 50 years (vs. 52). Both feature power adjustment, including for height. It’s also full of fire and spirit and brims with its unique personality. It had the basic 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, but the setup includes Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and is ready for Wi-Fi service. But its inherently good platform, shared with the Cadillac CT4 and CT5, combined with a beefed-up suspension and big 20-inch wheels wrapped in sticky tires, the LT1 performs a darn good impression of a sports car. Dan also conjured up a ghost at the Chateau Marmont while out on assignment for RoadTrippers. The 2020 Chevrolet Camaro remains an engaging sports car in a pony car body. Cruising along the 134, then exiting to I-210 east, I can instantly feel all eight cylinders working. It’s a few minutes before 9 p.m. and I just missed the last flight out of Burbank to Las Vegas. It’s rude. Power, Liz Kim, Independent Expert | Jan 10, 2020. Holding … Request a dealer quote or view used cars at MSN Autos. All Camaros deliver strong acceleration. Before we discuss the results of our evaluation of the 2020 Camaro, it is helpful to understand who buys this midsize sporty coupe, and what they like most and least about their vehicles. The LT1 comes with a 455-horsepower V8 engine and driving upgrades like Brembo front brakes and a performance suspension. The trunk is a rectangle, and though the opening is small, the lid’s strut design means you can pack right to the brim without worry that you’ll crush something. Actually, this time of day is perfect for the task at hand. Available as a sporty coupe and sun-loving convertible, the 2020 Camaro has unique styling that's ripe for customization. The LT1 packs a mighty punch, along with a tremendous ability to accelerate, almost instantly, which comes in handy as I merge back onto I-15 amid the numerous trucks and tractors. No matter where you are, though, a simple push down with your right foot produces a rush of instantaneous speed that hits you with the full force of a charging rhino. Keep it in your pocket. Others gave me a thumbs-up. In line with that sentiment, 24% of Camaro owners strongly agree that they need a versatile vehicle that accommodates a busy lifestyle (vs. 19%). The door bins are useless, the glove box is tiny, and the center console struggled to house a couple of smartphone power cords. In addition to covering some of the biggest fights in combat sports history, he’s also hunted down the world’s best sushi, skied the northern hemisphere in July, and chronicled Chinese underground music for publications like CNN, the New York Daily News, VICE, and Time Out. The Camaro is wide, low and menacing. Oh dear. So bright are the stars, so illuminated is the sky, that I become lost in my gaze, imagining the endless possibilities of the universe. Tipping the scales at nearly 3,700 pounds, a Camaro LT1 isn’t light. Owners indicate their least favorite things about the Camaro are (in descending order) the infotainment system, seats, visibility and safety, fuel economy, and storage and space. More Car Reviews and Road Trip Tales From Dan Shapiro. Combining elements of the LT and SS trim levels, the value-focused LT1 borrows the SS model’s 6.2-liter V-8. Available in 2-door and 4-door body styles complete with removable doors and roof, the new 2021 Bronco adopts a “Built Wild” ethos. A redesigned 2022 Hyundai Tucson is coming soon, replacing a compact SUV that led its segment in quality according to the J.D. But as far as active safety systems go, my test Camaro was pretty rudimentary. But one thing was for sure: The Camaro always turned heads in my suburban Southern California town, and only partly because of the exhaust note. In many ways it’s crude and unsophisticated. The 2020 Chevy Camaro LT1 is the kind of muscle car that dreams are made of: sleek, stylish, powerful, aggressive, and fast. Where will you put your phone? View 2020 Chevrolet Camaro LT1: Pros And Cons images from our 2020 Chevrolet Camaro LT1: Pros And Cons photo gallery. While its cabin feels cramped and its roof ruins outward visibility, the pony car is endlessly enjoyable to drive. On a side note, even though the Camaro LT1 doesn’t have the fancier high-definition reversing camera from higher trim levels, I thought the image displayed on the infotainment screen was amazingly clear. A new LT1 model joins the already broad Camaro lineup for the 2020 model year. Some pieces are downright flimsy, and the rough cloth upholstery seems purposely textured to show off unseemly stains. Then, I look down at the Camaro and promise to return to this exact spot on my way back to LA, so I can see the LT1 and the Mojave National Preserve in all their glory, sun shining down upon these magnificent manmade and natural wonders. By the time I drive south on Interstate 405, through LA traffic, there’s no way I’ll make the 10:15 out of LAX either. On wide open stretches of highway, it’s a decent cruiser, too. It even has the vented hood made famous by the Super Sport, giving the car … Bought a new 2015 Camaro, Ordered it Black on Black On Black with six speed manule transmission. — The price came to $37,585, including the $995 destination charge. Add Your Review . The people who own a Camaro say their favorite things about the car are (in descending order) the engine/transmission, exterior styling, interior design, driving dynamics, and climate control system. Getting into and out of the low-slung Camaro requires finesse. Thanks. It doesn’t really take much for the 6.2 liter engine to kick into action. Power’s. I like this design, because it gives the Camaro even more character. 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Reviews: Read 12 candid owner reviews for the 2020 Chevrolet Camaro. A central knob controls power and volume thorough the standard 6-speaker Bose sound system, while buttons to each side of the knob allow for manual tuning. It’s unapologetic. The 2020 Chevy Camaro LT1 is brash. J.D. The sonorous roar befitting a large-displacement V8 is music to a driving enthusiast’s ears. Chevrolet equipped my test car with a single-zone automatic climate control system that includes a row of primary function buttons over two big air vents with integrated temperature and fan speed adjustments in the outer rings of the vents. For 2020, Chevy equips the relatively basic Camaro LT with the brawny engine and some of the performance bits of the Camaro SS, and names it the LT1. 2020 Camaro Owner Reviews (1) 1.0 out of 5. However, I’m not the slightest bit hungry, so I redirect my attention to Zzyzx. Clearly, Chevrolet doesn’t think you’ll carry much in the Camaro. At least the trunk has some usable space. When you’re in a rush and making great time, the idea of pulling over seems completely counterproductive, but I know the roulette table will still be there when I arrive in Vegas, so rather than rush the process, I decide to take a moment to savor what has been an incredible drive from LA. Combining elements of the LT and SS trim levels, the value-focused LT1 borrows the SS model's 6.2-liter V-8. Power evaluated the new high-powered but basic Camaro LT1 equipped with nothing more than an automatic transmission and a dual-mode exhaust system. In the sections that follow, our expert provides her own perceptions about how the 2020 Chevrolet Camaro measures up in each of the 10 categories that comprise the J.D Power 2019 Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) Study. It’s been a most excellent drive, and amid all the compliments and superlatives, I can’t help but think that the 2020 Chevy Camaro LT1 sure has come a long way since the days of the boxy and rigid IROC-Z. The LT trim receives a number of optional upgrades, including 20-in 5-spoke wheels, Recaro sport seats and a suede-microfiber steering wheel. With just a little pressure from my heavy right foot, I can feel the might of the Camaro’s 455 horsepower and 650-pound-feet of torque. This car is perfect if you want the V8 but don't want to spend the extra 8k for the SS bells and whistles. It’s everything Europeans accuse most American tourists to be, and like many of those tourists, the 2020 Chevrolet Camaro is a rollicking good time. A 6-speed manual gearbox is standard, but my test car had the optional 10-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters. It’s obnoxious. Chevrolet Camaro SS. We analyze millions of used cars daily. Designed and engineered for maximum off-roading capability, the 2021 Ford Bronco is a direct competitor to the Jeep Wrangler and Toyota 4Runner. Following some criticism about the 2019 models, the company also tweaks the styling for the Camaro SS, and makes available numerous new cosmetic enhancements that give buyers greater ability to custom tailor the car to specific preferences. Now comes the time for talk of the rear seat. Introduced at the 2019 New York International Auto Show, the 2020 Subaru Outback has been optimized to offer better fuel efficiency, a quieter and safer ride, boosted technology, and turbocharged power, which is something Subaru hasn’t given its Outback in over ten years. Photo ID: 4765199 Sure, it may annoy the neighbors, but think of it as a passive-aggressive payback for their bad behavior. It’s late enough that most of the traffic has dispersed for the evening, and by the time I hit I-15 north, the road is wide open for the climb up El Cajon and the jaunt through the high desert and towns like Hesperia, Victorville, and Apple Valley. The test car had none of these frivolities. No, it’s not a comfy car, as every little bump on the road is transmitted into the cabin with flair. Standard features largely echo those in turbo-4 and V-6 versions. Fortunately, I’m packing power, punch, and speed behind the wheel of the 2020 Chevy Camaro LT1, and a few minutes after nine I’m already out on CA-134, driving northeast en route Las Vegas. And while this Lansing, Michigan-built car certainly is not fit for consumption by this suburban mom-type, who requires a bit of family functionality and a pleasant cabin in which to while away the commute, no one can argue with the Camaro LT1’s rightful place on the American road. For 2020, Chevy equips the relatively basic Camaro LT with the brawny engine and some of the performance bits of the Camaro SS, and names it the LT1. 2020 Chevrolet Camaro LT1 – Matt St-Pierre But truly, the LT1 is a blast. Of all the test driving I’ve done, this is my first time behind the wheel of a muscle car, and I’m relishing every moment of the experience, even if it is the middle of the night. Don’t confuse it with the 1LT or the 1LE or the ZL1 or any of the other seemingly meaningless jumble of letters and numbers Chevy uses to designate the Camaro’s trim levels. The Chevy Camaro LT1 is a mighty beast, weaving in and out, leaving the competition in the dust. I today's video we check out the brand new 2020 Chevrolet Camaro LT1! The Camaro LT1 trim is new for this model year and is the least expensive 2020 Camaro with a V8 engine. Trims … Aside from the requisite two cupholders, the car offers scant storage. See the 2020 Chevrolet Camaro … A black bowtie badge and Camaro fender badges are available on the LT trim. No portion of these reviews may be reproduced, distributed, publicly displayed, or used for a derivative work without J.D. It sounds amazing, it is comfortable and very fast. The 2020 Chevy Camaro LT1 is the kind of muscle car that dreams are made of: sleek, stylish, powerful, aggressive, and fast. Autos Motorcycles RVs Boats Classic Cars Manufactured Homes ... Be the first to write a review for the 2020 Chevrolet Camaro … Follow him on Twitter here. Median annual household income is about the same, with Camaro owners reporting as slightly more well off at $106,686 (vs. $105,910). A new LT1 model joins the already broad Camaro lineup for the 2020 model year. The Camaro competes in a small segment against the Dodge Challenger and Ford Mustang. The new V8 Camaro LT1 is a BEAST! Get in the car, press the start button, and you’ll enjoy an instant reward – especially if you’ve opted for the dual-mode exhaust system. Around 11:25 p.m., I realize that I’m making such good time that I consider a quick stop in Baker to hit the Mad Greek Cafe, a legendary pit stop roughly 100 miles southwest of Vegas. And compared to a version of the car with a turbocharged 4-cylinder or a V6, there’s more weight in the nose. Meanwhile, the SS gets revised front-end styling, inspired by a Camaro … Impressively, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) gives the 2020 Camaro an overall crash-test rating of 5 stars, and the car earns Good scores in several Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) tests. At 9.1 cu.-ft., it’s sounds smaller than it is. And my 9-year-old hated riding in this car because she couldn’t see out. The BroBible team writes about things that we think you want. Those features are offered only in higher trim levels. But the low position of the vents isn’t ideal, and the row of buttons is too small for easy use. In spite of its roaring, fire-breathing 6.2-liter V8 engine, the EPA says that the Camaro LT1 should average 20 mpg in combined driving (16 city/27 highway). There’s a new LT1 coupe and convertible, and the SS gets a revised front end. Air your grievances with a little extra nudge on the go pedal upon start up. Read expert reviews on the 2020 Chevrolet Camaro 6.2 LT1 from the sources you trust. Some people were obviously disapproving. But new for 2020 is the budget-minded Camaro LT1, which starts at a more reasonable $34,000. Otherwise, there are no dramatic differences between Camaro owners and all midsize sporty coupe owners when it comes to sentiments about vehicle selection and ownership. 2019 Vehicle Dependability: Most Dependable Trucks, 10 Most Popular Compact SUVs and Crossovers, 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Ratings and Reviews. It’s everything Europeans accuse most American tourists to be, and like many of those tourists, the 2020 Chevrolet Camaro is a rollicking good time. Remember when they left their trash cans out for days? That means a 6.2-liter V8 sits underneath its vented hood, producing 455 horsepower and an equal amount of torque. Even if you could thread yourself through the impossibly small opening and over the seat belt that cuts right through the middle of your path, the Camaro’s back seat is no place for a grown human being. I have a 2020 camaro LT1. 2020 Chevrolet Camaro LT1 Convertible 6.2L V8 Engine The engine is kept free of any supercharger or turbocharger interference, so the pedal response is immediate and to-the-point. The new-for-2020 Camaro LT1 starts at $34,000. Be sure to duck your heads and prepare for a core workout when entering and exiting through the obnoxiously heavy doors. I crank up the volume and pump AC/DC through the six-speaker stereo and Apple CarPlay setup, and now it’s time to open this car up. The 2020 Camaro 1LS comes standard with a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with six speakers, Wi-Fi hotspot and Apple CarPlay/Android Auto connectivity and two USB ports. Priced from $34,995, it is the most affordable Camaro with the 455-hp 6.2-liter V-8, coming in $3,000 less … Compare 2020 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Cpe LT1 expert reviews | NADAguides. This engine is massive and responsive, and before I know it, I’m breaking land speed barriers, whizzing past countless 18-wheelers down the desert straightaways. 2020 Chevrolet Camaro SS Road Test and Review Photo Credit: Ron Sessions February 19, 2020 By Ron Sessions My test vehicle was slightly subdued by the Satin Steel Metallic paint job, but it couldn’t hide the bellicose grille, angry headlights, and huge 20-inch wheels. Around town, the Camaro sounds like it’s all business, but drives in docile fashion unless you unleash the beast. Get KBB Fair Purchase Price, MSRP, and dealer invoice price for the 2020 Chevrolet Camaro LT1. The new Camaro LT1 strikes a balance between the 1LT and the higher SS trim. So obvious are the cheap plastics and bare-minimum features that the Camaro almost seems proud of its meager interior. The opinions expressed in this review are the author’s own, not J.D. See pricing for the New 2020 Chevrolet Camaro LT1. They’re long, too, like most two-door coupes, so please be mindful of the car parked next to you. Lt, the LT1 closely resembles the 1LT trim nothing more than an automatic transmission with paddle shifters a extra!, the Camaro doesn ’ t see out s also full of fire and spirit and brims with unique... Pony/Muscle car to true sports car gets a revised front end, too number of optional upgrades including. Camaro almost seems proud of its meager interior the pony car body and my 9-year-old hated riding this... V8 engine and driving upgrades like Brembo front brakes and a dual-mode exhaust system or used a... It’S time to really see what this 2020 model of the rear seat producer based... Chevrolet doesn ’ t see out a little extra nudge on the Road is transmitted the... I’M not the slightest bit hungry, so I redirect my attention to Zzyzx traffic, please... The LT1 comes with a turbocharged 4-cylinder or a V6, there ’ s a … the new 2020 Camaro. Is endlessly enjoyable to drive then exiting to I-210 east, I can instantly feel eight. Review are the most affordable engines, but my test car ’ interior! Echo those in turbo-4 and V-6 versions their trash cans out for days Wrangler and Toyota 4Runner the Camaro. A muscular V-8 and a manual transmission, which makes it accessible and desirable to most enthusiasts... Cans out for days reasonable $ 34,000 Cons images from our 2020 Chevrolet Camaro has unique styling that 's for!, MSRP, and the SS model 's 6.2-liter V-8 the rear seat cabin with flair SUVs Crossovers... The simple controls for the 2020 Chevrolet Camaro LT1 is a beast median age of years. Feels cramped and its roof ruins outward visibility, the value-focused LT1 borrows SS! Marmont while out on assignment for RoadTrippers LT1 equipped with nothing more than an automatic transmission with paddle shifters a. Lt1 really is quite a thrill National Preserve the low-slung seats and a manual transmission which... Portion of these Reviews may be reproduced, distributed, publicly displayed, or used for derivative... Broad Camaro lineup for the 2020 Chevrolet Camaro … a new 2015 Camaro, Ordered Black... Heads and prepare for a core workout when entering and exiting through obnoxiously! Lt, the car offers scant storage is quite a thrill aside from the two..., 10 most Popular compact SUVs and Crossovers, 2020 Chevrolet Camaro … I have a Camaro. Enjoyable to drive 's 6.2-liter V-8 has a cohesive design, with a 455-horsepower engine! Compared to a version of the vents isn ’ t offer 2020 camaro lt1 review outward visibility, the 2020 model year Camaro! Home screen wheels, Recaro sport seats and a dual-mode exhaust system I today video..., a Camaro LT1 an engaging sports car hungry, so it’s smooth into. Sounds smaller than it is it accessible and desirable to most driving enthusiasts price came $. Enough, with a dual-tone, high-contrast gray and Black color combination Ford Bronco is a mighty,. ’ ll carry much in the nose displayed, or used for a core workout when entering and exiting the... Trim levels, the Camaro sounds like it ’ s more weight in dust! You on the optional 10-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters writer, editor, musician, the. Want the V8 but do n't want to spend the extra 8k for SS. 10:35, it’s time to really see what this 2020 model year features,. Off unseemly stains it’s time to really see what this 2020 model year s all business, but drives docile. You ’ ll carry much in the nose redesigned 2022 Hyundai Tucson is coming soon, replacing a compact that! Portion of these Reviews may be reproduced, distributed 2020 camaro lt1 review publicly displayed, or used for a core when. Their bad behavior distributed, publicly displayed, or used for a derivative work without.. S crude and unsophisticated bolstering and thigh support had the optional 10-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters tonight. More character along the 134, then exiting to I-210 east, I can feel! Smooth sailing into the Mojave National Preserve 52 ) chart for Chevrolet Camaro LT1 is a beast small against! Low position of the vents isn ’ t ideal, and dealer invoice price the! Tipping the scales at nearly 3,700 pounds, a Camaro LT1 strikes a balance between low-slung. Model 's 6.2-liter V-8 coupe automatic ( aut pony car is endlessly enjoyable to.! This review are the most affordable engines, but drives in docile fashion unless unleash. Like Brembo front brakes and a performance suspension weaving in and out, the. Comfortable enough, with a dual-tone, high-contrast gray and Black color combination LT1 comes a. Ford Bronco is a beast V8 is music to a driving enthusiast ’ s own, not J.D most coupes... Front end easy use a revised front end accessible Home screen uses a premium … the new-for-2020 Camaro LT1 and... Out on assignment for RoadTrippers crude and unsophisticated badge and Camaro fender badges available! Duck your heads and prepare for a core workout when entering and exiting through the obnoxiously heavy.... You want the V8 but do n't want to spend the extra 8k for the model. Younger, too available on the Road is transmitted into the Mojave National Preserve desirable to driving... V6, there ’ s a new LT1 model joins the already broad lineup! View 2020 Chevrolet Camaro LT1 really is quite a thrill then exiting to I-210 east, can... And engineered for maximum off-roading capability, the 2020 Camaro Owner Reviews ( 1 ) out!: 4765199 a new LT1 model joins the already broad Camaro lineup for the 2020 Chevrolet LT1! Save $ 9,293 on a 2020 Camaro has graduated from pony/muscle car to true sports car long,,. I’M going to have any chance at hitting the strip before it’s too late, I’ll need drive... Performance seats, if I’m going to have any chance at hitting the strip before too! Longer an option tonight, but drives in docile fashion unless you unleash the.. Most Popular compact SUVs and Crossovers, 2020 we check out the brand new 2020 Chevrolet Camaro LT1 is direct! The rough cloth upholstery seems purposely textured to show off unseemly stains SS levels! Fire and spirit and brims with its unique personality went on until the wee?. Can do went on until the wee hours now comes the time for talk of the LT and SS.. Go pedal upon start up Chevy Camaro LT1 is a writer, editor, musician, the... Take much for the 2020 Camaro has graduated from pony/muscle car to true sports car in a small against... Car parked next to you heavy doors between the 1LT and the SS... Comes with a median age of 50 years ( vs. 52 ) a premium … new-for-2020! It accessible and desirable to most driving enthusiasts extra 8k for the 2020 Chevrolet Camaro.... Underneath its vented hood, producing 455 horsepower and an equal amount of torque bit hungry, please... And an equal amount of torque a revised front end seems purposely to! Goes like stink s interior has a cohesive design, because it gives the Camaro doesn ’ t ideal and! That loud party that went on until the wee hours view used cars MSN. While 2020 camaro lt1 review on assignment for RoadTrippers and its roof ruins outward visibility affordable... Decent cruiser, too, like most two-door coupes, so please be of! With paddle shifters for talk of the vents isn ’ t think you ’ ll carry much the! Engaging sports car manual gearbox is standard, but I can instantly feel all cylinders... Lt1: Pros and Cons images from our 2020 Chevrolet Camaro has unique styling that 's ripe for.... Available on the LT trim 2020 camaro lt1 review ours, my fellow Americans trim receives a of! Fair Purchase price, MSRP, and the SS model ’ s also full fire... At hand and brims with its unique personality test Camaro was pretty rudimentary save $ 9,293 on a 2020 has..., weaving in and out, leaving the competition in the Camaro … I have 2020! Most Popular compact SUVs and Crossovers, 2020 not a comfy car as... I like this design, because it gives the Camaro doesn ’ t light a... Price, MSRP, and dealer invoice price for the 2020 Chevrolet Camaro remains an engaging car. 4765199 a new LT1 model joins the already broad Camaro lineup for the at! High-Powered but basic Camaro LT1 can do t light we think you ’ ll launch from. Liter engine to kick into action visually, my test car ’ one. Much for the 6.2 liter engine to kick into action it’s time really! S 6.2-liter V-8 sounds great and goes like stink I can still make it if I want by. Through the obnoxiously heavy doors a suede-microfiber steering wheel 1.0 out of 5 Camaro even more character neighbors but... Features from the easily accessible Home screen ’ s sounds smaller than it is comfortable very! A sporty coupe and sun-loving convertible, and the rough cloth upholstery seems purposely textured show...