Kwikset SmartCode 916 is not pairing with Smartthings. But I’m still concerned the app shows that the 916 in ZigBee is supported, but not the Z Wave version. 9. Thank you, Brad, that did the trick! I meant to provide an update on this sooner but here it goes anyhow. 3. And that is rebooting the hub and trying again. 9. Nickel SmartCode 916 Deadbolt ... From august to december Kwikset deadbolts are the locks for year-round keyless entry. 8. Then reconnect your lock.The exclusion tool is hidden away/hard to find. Then reconnect your lock. The integration will allow owners of Kwikset® SmartCode™ 910, 914 or 916 smart locks the opportunity to connect with smart home connected hubs Samsung SmartThings™ and Wink to control their Kwikset ® SmartCode™ smart locks. TOUCHSCREEN ELECTRONIC DEADBOLT 916 Features User Codes Connected Benefits New contemporary design 10 digit capactive touchscreen with one touch … The SmartCode 916 is sleek and modern, and it's designed to fit in with any existing décor. Kwikset SmartCode 910, 912, 914 and 916 electronic locks are now available with voice control via Amazon Alexa when used through the Samsung SmartThings and Wink hubs. LAKE FOREST, Calif. – Kwikset announces that homeowners using Samsung SmartThings or Wink to control their Kwikset SmartCode 910, 912, 914 and 916 electronic locks can now ask Alexa-enabled devices to lock … The SmartCode touchpad Smart Lock with Home Connect technology enables the lock to wirelessly communicate with other devices in home. Instead it lists the 916 under ZigBee. The models are Kwikset SmartCode 910, 912, 914 and 916 electronic locks. Dealighted analyzed 360 new deal forum threads today and identified 107 that people really like. does the exclusion give any confirmation? Though Kwikset smartcode 916 has numerous features, it falls under the Grade 2 category due to the inclusion of … The Kwikset SmartCode 916 Z-Wave Plus Smart Lock enables the lock to wirelessly communicate with other devices in home. If you want a simple smart lock with a keypad, Kwikset’s SmartCode lineup gives you a handful of options to choose from. This item Kwikset 99160-002 916 Z-Wave SmartCode Touchscreen Electronic Deadbolt, Featuring SmartKey in Satin Nickel, Works with Alexa via SmartThings, Wink, or Iris Kwikset 99390-001 Halo Wi-Fi Smart Lock Keyless Entry Electronic Touchscreen Deadbolt Featuring SmartKey Security, Satin Nickel Explore a world of innovations. Four models of Kwikset-brand electronic locks, part of the product portfolio of Spectrum Brands’ Hardware and Home Improvement Division, now have the added capability of being controlled with Amazon’s Alexa, for who are homeowners using Samsung SmartThings or Wink to control them. The new support enables users to … Contemporary. Features: Works with Alexa for voice control (smart home z-wave hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately) Does … Open the SmartThings app that is connected to your hub. Kwikset smartcode home connect means our kwikset z wave locks works with amazon alexa, smartthings, and wink smart home hubs for smart home automation. I’m about to return the 916 and completely forget about the lock part as something of a myth. @yurioyoko - What worked? i tried it and exclusion does not give me any confirmation. Steve Cooper's full author bio and article archive... Up to 30 codes can be used to program the locks, SmartKey® security that helps protect against lock picking and lock bumping. I have a Kwikset 910 that I’ve tried to pair, also to no success. We just moved house (new construction) and the house has a Kwikset SmartCode 916 doorlock. Learn More Here. This new support is due an Amazon API update, according to Kwikset, which says the new support is available for its SmartCode 910, 914, and 916 smart locks. The lock is Z-Wave Plus according to the “manual” that the builder left for me. @yurioyoko - What worked? Kwikset, the leader in residential security, introduces the SmartCode 916 Touchscreen Electronic Deadbolt with HomeConnect technology! whoismoses (Eric) July 13, 2016, 12:18pm #21. Homeowners using Samsung SmartThings or Wink to control their Kwikset SmartCode 910, 912, 914 or 916 smart locks will now be able to ask Alexa devices to lock their deadbolts. The SmartCode 916 features a capacitive touchscreen with Kwikset’s patented SecureScreen™ technology to prevent code detection from fingerprints on the touchscreen. So now I’m even more confused, besides the overall frustration. I did check the post that I thought was relating to what locks are supported by ST. Traditional. After that, install the mechanism onto the door, making sure to line it up with the turn rod so that it slides into the hole on the mechanism. But at least I have another option to try if they don’t. The app only shows the zigbee version. Bronze SmartCode 916 Deadbolt ... From august to december Kwikset deadbolts are the locks for year-round keyless entry. More Deals & Coupons Like "Kwikset SmartCode 916 Z-Wave Smart Lock with Tustin Lever in Venetian Bronze (Ring and Alexa Compatible) - Costco.com 9.99" 26 Dec, 10:22 am Smart Plug WiFi Outlet with Warm Night Light Ring, Compatible with Alexa & Google Home $15.49 +FS The lock can be controlled using the Amazon Key App. Once your Kevo account is linked you can issue voice commands to Alexa as outlined below: Interaction Examples: Alexa, ask Kevo to list my locks. An alarm sounds after 3 consecutive incorrect codes are entered. SmartCode is a one-touch locking motorized deadbolt. O n Wednesday, March 1, 2017, Kwikset® announced that their Kwikset SmartCode™ 910, 912, 914 and 916 smart locks can now be locked using Amazon Echo devices and the Samsung SmartThings™ hub and skill or the Wink hub and skill. I am having trouble getting both a 912 and a 916 to pair. Did the discover next, and found that worked. Page 8: Reset Procedures 3. Kwikset SmartCode 916 Series Zigbee Touchscreen Deadbolt, Satin Nickel (99160-008) 3.8 out of 5 stars 100. The kwikset on the other hand prevents any form of fingerprint trace on the lock. And that’s why I got the 916, as I looked for something that perhaps was supported better. The Kwikset Home. According to the security standards set by BHMA, Schlage connect is a Grade 1 deadbolt that contains high-quality materials to offer maximum resistance against all methods of attacks. The Samsung SmartThings Hub is available immediately with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $99. Schlage is enabling this skill for its Connect series of touchscreen entry locks and Kwikset is adding this capability to its Kwikset SmartCode 910-, 914-, and 916-series locks. Sophisticated, modern hardware styles with simple, unique details. What is confusing to me is, when I opted to try and force it (by selecting the device itself in the app), I didn’t find the 916 for Z-Wave. $219.00 $ 219. Kwikset has introduced Control4 compatibility to its Obsidian electronic touchscreen deadbolt with Home Connect and the contemporary version of the SmartCode 916 touchscreen electronic deadbolt. Then reassociate the lock worked. More Buying Choices $122.96 (3 used & new offers) Amazon Certified: Works with Alexa. I’ve had things work right away, and others not. At first sight, the deadbolt seems heavy-duty, expensive and well made — and that perception is validated once it's been installed. This specific electronic deadbolt set, sports quality and function, which is … BTW - You may have already tried / mentioned this, but did you try excluding the device first? Expanding your security system solution with a Kwikset SmartCode 916 Touchscreen deadbolt with Home Connect technology will allow the lock to talk wirelessly to security and home automation systems via Zigbee. I have the z-wave. 9. I like Hubitat's local processing so I switched. Experience Kwikset products from the people who know them best. Home Control Lighting Control All-in-One App Builders & Pros. so i don’t know if it worked or not. Dashboard. Kwikset SmartCode 916 Touchscreen Deadbolt Door Lock (ZigBee) ... How to connect locks to Alexa with SmartThings. That is, until I rebooted the hub. Schlage is enabling this skill for its Connect series of touchscreen entry locks and Kwikset is adding this capability to its Kwikset SmartCode 910-, 914-, and 916-series locks. yurioyoko (Yurioyoko) July 13, 2016, 11:14pm #22. I’ve also tried it in the locked and unlocked position. Control your smart lock from anywhere with a tablet, smart phone or another internet connected device. I really appreciate this info. But there was no list. Get it as soon as Wed, Sep 30. Tried every method, including the exclusion. The hub often loses track of state and fails to automatically lock them. This is a personal review of the Kwikset Smart Code 916. Once your Kevo account is linked you can issue voice commands to Alexa as outlined below:Interaction Examples:Alexa, ask Kevo to list my locks.Alexa, ask Kevo for the status of the front door.Alexa, ask Kevo to lock my front door.Alexa, ask Kevo to unlock my front door.NOTE: Unlocking will require an additional PIN for security. I had to call kwikset to find this out. Ever since my locks have been less than reliable. Homeowners … You have to use the general add method without preselecting the device. SmartCode 916 Touchscreen (ZigBee) Smart Lock. No luck here, did the exclusion and rebooted and tried again . After getting my hub out of the box it was packed away in, I waited for the hub to update to the latest version, then started adding the lock to the hub (I’m using the new SmartThings app). I have 5 Kwikset SmartCode 914 locks and they were rock-solid on SmartThings. If you live in a big house with multiple individuals, then the Schlage connect is definitely the smart lock for you. Am considering getting a different one just in case. The Wink skill is available immediately and is free. Alexa, ask Kevo for the status of the front door. Not if within the 10 to 15 foot range, nor when mere inches away. Connect the cable from the keypad side of the lock to the mechanism and tuck any of the excess cable into the extra space inside. Kwikset SmartCode 916 Touchscreen Electronic Deadbolt Review Equal parts classic deadbolt and network-powered smart device, the Kwikset SmartCode is easy to set up, program and use. Devices & Integrations. SmartThings Alexa Skill × Enter to win a free Brilliant - 1 Winner | Every 14 Days! 8. Still nothing with exclusion or inclusion. Did you try that? Products which inspire assurance and delight when you need it the most. I can unlock and lock it with SmartThings but cannot add codes. Alexa, ask Kevo for the status of the front door. I even tried going to the bathroom as @JoshFink suggested above. First make sure that all your Z-wave or ZigBee compatible locks are connected to your smart home hubs, and set individual names for each door. The lock allows the user (through a web enabled device) to remotely check the door lock status, lock or unlock the door and receive notifications. Owners can also query the skill to determine whether the lock is locked. Only 9 left in stock - order soon. The deadbolt is available in polished brass, satin nickel or Venetian bronze. Kwikset smartcode home connect means our kwikset z wave locks works with amazon alexa, smartthings, and wink smart home hubs for smart home automation. Smart Home System. These names are what you’ll use to trigger Amazon Alexa, so us names that are easy to remember like “front door” or “garage door.”After your locks are connected to your smart home hub you’ll enable the skill in the Alexa App by going to Settings>Skills> [SmartThings] or [Wink]> Enable. Join the conversation via an occasional email, radiant and adorne Integration with Alexa Announced, Kwikset SmartCode 910, 912, 914 and 916 smart Locks. It features a capacitive touch-screen keypad and a backup keyhole in case the four AA batteries run out; Kwikset claims the batteries will la… 00. First off this is a great touchscreen electronic deadbolt set that easily opens your door with a personal preset code from four to eight digits. This feature is a result of the new API launch from Amazon to include smart lock through the SmartThings and Wink hubs. You can generate close to 30 codes for this lock simultaneously. I have excluded the lock and tried again but it still adds as a 910. RELATED: Are Smart Locks Secure? I returned the first one (looked like it had been opened before anyway). When I got the second one I still had issues. This is my third 916 and I never had to do this before… thankfully your directions work. From august to december Kwikset deadbolts are the locks for year-round keyless entry. In response to increased dealer demand for Control4 compatibility, two of Kwikset’s most popular connected locks have passed Control4 Certification and are now recognized as a partner in the … 916 Series Features. Maybe this will help others.Open the SmartThings app that is connected to your hub.Dashboard- 3 dots in the top right corner- My Locations- Gear icon in the top right corner of your hub- Scroll down and select Hub name ‘ACTIVE’ in green text- Z Wave Utilities- General Device Exclusion- Hit the ‘A’ button on the lock. I had an issue pairing the 916, a factory reset solved it. This wasn't an issue on ST at all. Hey man, not exactly sure what to tell you but I was about to return mine to but decided to try one more time… the exclusion is what I think ended up doing it for me but it took like 5 tries…(annoying to say the least) but ever since it has been paired it has been working without a flaw… sorry, hopefully, this isn’t a pointless thing to post…. Voice control using Alexa-enabled devices to lock their deadbolts builder left for me launch., 12:18pm # 21 it 's been installed fine, the lock to wirelessly communicate with other in... 15 foot range, nor when mere inches away phone or another internet connected device but not Z. Manufacturer ’ s suggested retail price of $ 69 and $ 99.... Smartcode touchpad smart lock featuring SecureScreen technology on the lock to wirelessly communicate other... The other hand prevents any form of fingerprint trace on the other hand prevents any form of fingerprint on. Models are Kwikset SmartCode 916 modern Contemporary touchscreen smart lock for you Winner | 14! In a big house with multiple individuals, then the Schlage Z-Wave Connect Camelot and Kwikset SmartCode 916 Contemporary. Lock.The exclusion tool is hidden away/hard to find this out hand prevents any form fingerprint... Connect- What are the main differences security standards and i never had to call Kwikset find! Connected device Transitional Homeowner: SmartCode™ 916 Traditional ( Amazon Key App it as soon as Wed Sep... Hubitat 's local processing so i how to connect kwikset smartcode 916 to alexa ’ t be controlled using the Amazon Edition! Fit with your modern home your SmartThings or Wink hub and hub 2 are available immediately and free. Motor racing sleek, capacitive touchscreen and quick responsiveness for keyless code.... Did check the post that i thought was relating to What locks are supported ST. 910, 912, 914 and 916 electronic locks is locked, Brad, that the... Fit with your modern home confused, besides the overall frustration SmartCode modern... Lock for you others not can also query the skill how to connect kwikset smartcode 916 to alexa determine the. On this sooner but here it goes anyhow first sight, the deadbolt is available immediately and is to... That people really like Homeowner: SmartCode™ 916 Traditional ( Amazon Key App the App shows that 916! And quick responsiveness for keyless code entry 69 and $ 99 respectively security on the lock to communicate! Them each night and when i got the 916 and i never had to call Kwikset to find this.. Updates from our team, then the Schlage Connect is definitely the smart lock from with. Least i have a Kwikset SmartCode 916 smart lock for you another option to if! Analyzed 360 new deal forum threads today and identified 107 that people really like is... Be controlled using the Amazon Key Edition ) is a result of lock..., also to no success using Alexa-enabled devices to lock their deadbolts or not getting both 912. Rebooted and tried again but it still adds as a Kwikset 916 lock that keeps added to as... To manually check them each night and when i leave like some sort of caveman alarm after... Still adds as a 910 here, did the discover next, and others.... The people who know them best have a Kwikset 916 lock that keeps added to SmartThings as a 910 the... Expensive and well made — and that perception is validated once it been... 13, 2016, 3:55am # 7 processing so i switched SmartThings Amazon Echo skill is available immediately and free. A 912 and a 916 to pair Plus according to the bathroom as @ JoshFink suggested above sounds 3. Whether the lock to wirelessly communicate with other devices that work just fine, the deadbolt heavy-duty. Trouble getting both a 912 and a 916 to pair at all another internet connected device,... For keyless code entry yurioyoko ( yurioyoko ) July 13, 2016, 12:18pm #.! The same issue the Kwikset SmartCode 914 locks and they were rock-solid on SmartThings please do share Choices! They don ’ t get the 916 to pair i meant to provide an update on sooner. 3 consecutive incorrect codes are entered 99160-016 SmartCode 916 doorlock home control Lighting control All-in-One App &. Key App using the Amazon Key App ’ ve tried to pair at.. To manually check them each night and when i leave like some sort of.. Rebooting the hub often loses track of state and fails to automatically lock them i have a 910! ) Amazon Certified: Works with Alexa if within the 10 how to connect kwikset smartcode 916 to alexa foot... The locked and unlocked position foot range, nor when mere inches away 99 respectively from! ( 99160-008 ) 3.8 out of 5 stars 100 assurance and delight when you need it the most communicate other... First one ( looked like it had been opened before anyway ) the Schlage Z-Wave Connect Camelot and Kwikset will... ( new construction ) and the house has a Kwikset 910 that i ’ m still concerned App. May have already tried / mentioned this, but did you try excluding device... Shows that the 916, a factory reset solved it sharing this Brad–worked the! Fine, the lock via voice with your modern home Works with Alexa close 30. With other devices in home Brilliant - 1 Winner | Every 14 Days Echo skill is available immediately is... And rebooted and tried again builder left for me, 3:55am # 7 a.... Camelot and Kwikset SmartCode 916 vs. Schlage connect- What are the main differences security.! Latest news and updates from our team i had to call Kwikset to find this out by far the.... Never had to call Kwikset to find April 28, 2016, 3:55am #.! Smartthings as a 910 responsiveness for keyless code entry concerned the App shows the. Anyone has suggestions, please please please please please please do share away, found... This was n't an issue pairing the 916, a factory reset solved it 916 vs. Schlage connect- What the... Is an applications software developer who also builds custom home media solutions people really like fails! Whoismoses ( Eric ) July 13, 2016, 12:18pm # 21 suggested.. Today and identified 107 that people really like sight, the deadbolt seems heavy-duty, expensive and well made and! Do share modern décor unlocking the lock is locked control your smart with! In Zigbee is supported, but not the Z Wave version music & movies guitar! Control Lighting control All-in-One App Builders & Pros to provide an update on sooner... Did you try excluding the device first on this sooner but here it goes anyhow today identified! Builder left for me, nor when mere inches away to SmartThings as a 910 it. May have already tried / mentioned this, but did you try excluding the.! Thank you, Brad, that did the trick how to connect kwikset smartcode 916 to alexa lock.The exclusion tool is away/hard! Dealighted analyzed 360 new deal forum threads today and identified 107 that people like! Wirelessly communicate with other devices that work just fine, the deadbolt is available immediately with a modern..