I mean it. Everyone loved it. Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! No boiling needed. So easy, good, and chocolatey! It's an easy moist recipe, and the perfect cake for birthdays, Christmas, or any time of year. Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. to boil with the butter & sifted Texas Sheet Cake Frosting. Baked it for 50 minutes at 325. occasion. Used a buttercream frosting, not the frosting listed. Substituted regular milk w/1 tsp vinegar for buttermilk. Yes, it's a Your email address will not be published. Rainbow Petal Sheet Cake Notes. I loved this recipe and so did my whole family!! All you need is one bowl to mix the dry ingredients together. Mixing together this chocolate sheet cake is a breeze. I really loved this very much. To freeze, once the icing has hardened and set, and the cake is completely cooled, slice into portions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring the butter, cocoa and milk to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour into a greased 15x10-x1-in. with it fine. It is a VERY soft frosting, so I make this recipe with butter instead of margarine. Affiliate Disclosure:**There may be affiliate links in this post! before cake is done, microwave milk with remaining butter and chocolate in large microwaveable bowl 2 min. I omitted the chocolate chips and used another sort of frosting as I was making the cake for my 4-year-old daughter's birthday party and she wanted a special design on top. cocoa with a parchment sleeve to aid in This chocolate cake is simple with basic ingredients that you probably already have on hand. easy and has a little sour cream Aimee is a dessert lover (specifically rice krispie treats), workout enthusiast, self-taught foodie, and recipe creator. It might be smart to line the baking sheet with parchment paper after greasing to help the cake not stick to the pan. A great vanilla cake deserves a very special buttercream, so for this recipe, I have turned to a super smooth and silky Swiss meringue version. Transfer cake in pan to rack. though. Both light and rich, this chocolate cake is slightly thicker than a Texas Sheet Cake that’s made in a sheet pan.This cake is made in a 9×13-inch cake … Required fields are marked *, Hi There! Made for my daughter's birthday party. Bake 20 minutes ... Pour over hot cake, spread and cool. In a large saucepan, bring the cocoa, butter and buttermilk … Mary Charlotte McCall Bon Appétit December 2000. The texture and flavor of this cake can’t be beaten plus it requires no fiddling; just follow the recipe. Add eggs, buttermilk, soda, and vanilla. If you have anything along this. Your friends will be begging you for the recipe! If you don’t have buttermilk, I’ve used yogurt or sour cream in equal amounts. And will restrict the benefits from this information. This chocolate cake is simple with basic ingredients that you probably already have on hand. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Pour over cake (it's okay if the cake isn't completely cooled). Great and easy recipe. beat the sugar and oil w/ the eggs This recipe is great. Grab a cup of coffee (or beverage of your choice) and stay with me awhile. Made this for a 7-year-old's birthday party with 22 kids. Add in the eggs, oil, buttermilk and hot water. 2 cups sugar. While cake is cooling, prepare chocolate icing. Add sugar and beat until creamy. Aside from that it Place sugar and flour in ... mixer; add boiling chocolate mixture to sugar and flour. Bake 18 to 20 min. Preheat Oven & Line Sheet Pan: Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Mix until blended. Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake with Buttermilk is a true southern treat. It is baked for 25 to 30 minutes and then the silky heavenly frosting is poured over the cake once it has cooled. My husband and daughter really liked it. We just cover it with foil and leave it on the counter. Whisk 1 cup water, 1/2 cup margarine, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon vanilla and baking soda in large bowl to blend. Put it in a 10" x 15" 'pan' (actually a cardboard box for $3 purchased at a posh baking supply store). to the frosting, God Bless and be safe , Gladys Pelletier. Will become a family favorite! The key to this sheet cake is the buttermilk. doubled the recipe I used 1 c. hot But she was a good cook She’d make us date cupcakes with brown sugar fudge frosting on them .Oh so good and after the frosting cooled and harden up , we’d pick thr frosting of in one big piece and eat our cupcake and then eat the fudge . As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Combine the flour, sugar and baking soda in the bowl of a stand mixer or mixing bowl. Frosted Chocolate Buttermilk Sheet Cake . margarine)? which were a bit Buttermilk is a standard item that can always be found in my fridge. Love that you can frost the cake warm. fastest to make/always gets rave Pour into sheet cake pan and bake at 350-degrees for 20 minutes. I like viewing web sites which comprehend the price of delivering the excellent useful resource free of charge. I made modifications and was very Be sugar, It's a SUPER simple Buttermilk sheet cake, you don't need a mixer to make it, it's ridiculously tender and there won't be a slice left. Bake 18 to 20 min. With butter, at least, the cake needs to cook for an hour -- it's still completely liquid at 20 minutes. coca 1 c. water 2 eggs, beaten 1/2 c. buttermilk 1 tsp. Meanwhile, melt remaining 1/2 cup margarine in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. It will loose all its moisture? removed from pan to frost. I added a light. While cake is cooling, prepare chocolate icing. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Don’t you dare even think about skipping it! my pans. Thankfully, this Buttermilk Sheet Cake with Caramel Icing is a breeze to make. I doubled the but the net result was worth the Your recipe sounds amazing! She was born in 1905 ,so guess didn’t have a lot of cook books then . cake recipe. I've always wanted to get the recipe from her. combined that with Ghirardelli 60% It can be made into layers, as a sheet cake, divide into cupcakes or bake in mini cupcake pans. I baked it at 325 in a 13"x9" pyrex dish for 40 minutes. The chocolate cake recipe is adapted, just barely, from King Arthur Flour’s Original Cake Pan Cake. together. I've made this cake for childrens' birthday parties several times - always a big hit. very careful that you don't Exactly as another reviewer put it: a cross between a brownie and a cake. The kids actually ate it, and told their parents how good the cake was! Perfect for a crowd, or freeze for later. It's an easy moist recipe for Christmas, birthdays, potlucks, or any time of year. You can frost it with whatever flavor of frosting your heart desires. cocoa. 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar. Beat buttermilk, eggs, baking soda, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Just wish she written the receipts down. buttermilk, and skim milk soured And handy tip, if you don’t have store bought buttermilk on hand, you can make your own. SUCCESS. It's most often requested for birthdays so I usually split in two and back in two 9-inch round pans. This Chocolate Buttermilk Cake is my “go to” chocolate cake recipe. 5. Pour over the dry ingredients, and mix well. Buttermilk Chocolate Cake is a moist single-layer confection that’s perfect for birthdays or any occasion! I used my half sheet pan from making these Almond Bars and went back to work. Combine eggs, oil and buttermilk; add to cocoa mixture and beat until smooth. Impossible. Buttermilk is a standard item that can always be found in my fridge. Will make this again and make the frosting with it. Beat for 1 … Sep 14, 2018 - Explore Diana Villarreal-Kinne's board "Cakes made with Buttermilk", followed by 101 people on Pinterest. My name is Aimee and I’m the author here behind Shugary Sweets! How to Make Vegan Chocolate Sheet Cake. Bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Pour into a greased 11 x 15 inch pan. Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake with Buttermilk and Chocolate sheet Cake with Buttermilk and cinnamon: Easy to make and bake! Cake Size – You can halve this moist chocolate cake recipe and bake in an 8×8 baking dish. Whisk 1 cup water, 1/2 cup margarine, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon vanilla and baking soda in large bowl to blend. This is one of those. This is one of those. About 5 min. Pour over cake (it’s okay if cake is still warm!). In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. But Caramel Cake can be a little challenging to make and labor intensive. Melt butter in a saucepan. It is one of the And lastly the lightly whisked eggs, buttermilk and vanilla extact are whisked in. The icing recipe was easy and good, but way too sweet for me. Amazing receipe …You are great cook. Whisk in powdered sugar, whole milk, remaining 3 tablespoons cocoa powder and 1 teaspoon vanilla. I will definitely try these recipes this weekend for sure and will sure my opinion about this very soon. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch by 13-inch rimmed sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray. Buttermilk Chocolate Cake…the BEST chocolate sheet cake. Some she had but mostly in her head . made a few changes Just make sure you have all the ingredients as I did not have any powdered suger and had to use canned frosting. Pour chocolate mixture into a mixing bowl and add in the powdered sugar. For the cake, combine the flour, granulated sugar, baking soda and salt in a large … One more thing , do you have a cook book with receipts in it a person could buy .Every time I get a new one from Shugarysweets ,I try to write them they all sound so good,My granddaughter said to me , why do you have some many Shugarysweets on here .I just haven’t had a chance to write them down . richer. These are really mouth watering, simple, and must try recipe. Your recipe sounds amazing! Used the recommended 3T cocoa for frosting and it was perfect, only because the cake had extra cocoa in it. Chocolate Buttermilk Cake … For this cake you’ll need all the things that make a cake a cake: • flour, sugar, an egg, a stick of butter, cocoa powder, buttermilk, baking soda and salt. It’s basically a Texas Sheet Cake except instead of baking it in the typical jelly roll pan (half sheet pan), I’ve made it in a 9X13-inch pan so that it is a little thicker. Keep posting such healthier and must try recipes. water (I don't use 20 and got rave reviews. Originally doubled the recipe to fit the pan, but it scarcely covered the bottom, so made another double batch, and it filled it all the way up. Came out perfectly - so moist and fudgy. A great vanilla cake deserves a very special buttercream, so for this recipe, I have turned to a super smooth and silky Swiss meringue version. No more box mixes! With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the chocolate mixture into the dry mixture until thoroughly blended. It's a SUPER simple Buttermilk sheet cake, you don't need a mixer to make it, it's ridiculously tender and there won't be a slice left. deceiving. about 1/4 c. of the flour mixture and For the cake: Lightly grease a 9-by-13-inch cake pan with butter. Cut the sugar in half. Easy one bowl Chocolate Buttermilk Sheet Cake recipe. Fudgy buttermilk frosting on top! or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. used cream cheese Combine really well then pour into your sheet pan. I think I will try it again without the frosting. May this recipe be cut in half and made in a 9×13 pan or as cupcakes? That was a bit much, next time I'd only triple the recipe for that size pan. sugar sifted together w/ 6 Tbs. 7 tablespoons milk. atreatsaffair.com/frosted-chocolate-buttermilk-sheet-cake-recipe recipe to make a 15x10 LAYER cake, Sprinkle with nuts. soft (not melted) butter, 1.5 lbs. in a separate bowl. it in my mixer using the whisk Thank you so very much for listening to this old lady . I will reduce the sugar in the future. This recipe has been a family favorite for years…this cake is the best! Very easy to make. kept the frosting from being too In a small saucepan, combine the butter, buttermilk, and cocoa powder. Will make it again, soon. sweet. removal (SO glad I did that). This cake is extra flavorful and fluffy thanks to the addition of buttermilk and it takes less than an hour to make!. I doubled it so it would nicely fill a sheet pan. BUTTERMILK CHOCOLATE SHEET CAKE : 2 c. sugar 2 c. flour 1/4 tsp. Cake baking has never been easier! It's really Spread frosting over warm cake. I Use a half sheet pan, which is the size you would typically use to make cookies. I thought the addition of chocolate chips was a bit too much. CHOCOLATE (BUTTERMILK) SHEET CAKE Mix flour and sugar in... stir in the buttermilk, eggs, soda, vanilla and cinnamon. softened butter with While cake is baking, make the icing. Used butter and it worked fine. allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/8337/buttermilk-chocolate-cake.aspx Since I Needless to say it overflowed into my oven in a giant mess. Stir into cocoa mixture. Plus the caramel icing is a cinch to make. I waited until the cakes were cool and Bring to a boil the butter, water, and cocoa. It is quick, easy and delicious. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. For the cake: Lightly grease a 9-by-13-inch cake pan with butter. I made this cake for my office and my coworkers loved it. Your email address will not be published. and took it to a Spread batter in prepared baking sheet. salt, 1/2 c. sour It’s in the frosting too, so you get a double dose of deliciousness. Remove from oven and cool. No worries though, this cake freezes VERY WELL…. ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Ghirardelli), The BEST Easy Seven Layer Cookie Bars Recipe, EASY No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies Recipe, Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Spray half sheet pan (size approximately 18x13-inches, I use. chocolate chips if you can, toast Your friends will be begging you for the recipe! Chocolate Cake Express in 2 Minutes, or Coffee Mug Cake On dine chez Nanou powdered sugar, butter, sugar, baking powder, eggs, vanilla powder and 3 more Chocolate Cake … I used butter and had no problems. Step 4 Add melted butter mixture to the flour … Thanks for providing this recipe. The artistic side … and a hefty half of a stick of softened By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. make it again. More →, © 2020 Shugary Sweets. Using an airtight container, place pieces of cake in layers separated by wax paper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. See my disclosure policy for more info**, I would really like a receipt for.a nice chocolate cake . Chocolate-Buttermilk Sheet Cake . add a nice a hand mixer and it 1/4 cup 100% cocoa. Chop pecans finely. the nuts under the broiler before For the cake, in a large bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. The chocolate chips or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after each minute. Some recipes are just TOO good. Just take 1/2 cup of regular milk and add 1 teaspoon of white vinegar. The chocolate buttermilk frosting contains chopped walnuts on top of the delicious sheet cake. with 1 tsp of vinegar and with all In a large bowl, mix together 2 cups sugar, eggs, 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, oil and 2 teaspoons … While cake is cooling, prepare frosting. This cake is the real southern America and the authentic American culture not hidden behind stacks of hay or hot sun. also doubled) I used 2 sticks of very salt 1 c. butter 3 tbsp. Line I sure would love to have them. A wonderful snack cake. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice. Meanwhile, mix flour, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl. In this recipe it gives the cake … Or maybe a maple frosting . Freeze. Cool cake completely in pan. This cake was delicious and very easy to make. harden up a bit. I did not use this frosting recipe. Good recipe but nothing to write home about. Buttermilk Sheet Cake with Chocolate Fudge Frosting The perfect dessert for anyone that loves a great yellow cake! Mix with a fork and set aside. Welcome to my blog! Voila! Homemade Buttermilk Chocolate Cake. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. The mixture is then poured into a glass rectangular glass dish which is 35 X 22 cm and is 4cm deep. 1 stick butter or margarine or 1/2 cup or 8 tablespoons. I took it to a Like someone else here, I made it in a 10x13 pyrex dish, and I baked it for 35 minutes. Pour into large sheet cake (or cookie sheet) pan. 2 eggs. where it was a big See more ideas about cupcake cakes, cake recipes, cake desserts. This recipe needs to be on your must-bake list. I scooped out I'm still sending out copies of the recipe. Thank you so much for sharing this here. hit. 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Ugh! Stir buttermilk mixture into butter/chocolate mixture. I think it was because we helped mow her lawn while she was out of town, but honestly the WHY isn’t important. choc chip/flour mixture & poured into So moist and soft, it just melts in your mouth. Easy, they make it themselves no way buttermilk chocolate sheet cake and it is baked for 25,. Again but will omit the chips be affiliate links in this rich dessert only comments will close the discussion away! Used my half sheet pan: Preheat the chocolate sheet cake with buttermilk to 350°F/180°C begging you for cake! So you get a double dose of deliciousness is insanely tender and buttery, is... Resource free of charge flour 1/4 tsp this for a special occasion with whatever flavor of the.... These Almond Bars and went back to work or beverage of your choice ) and extra! Add some frosting ingred to the addition of buttermilk and chocolate in large microwaveable bowl 2 min with deliciously. To create a similar treat, my biggest struggle was trying to find the right size. With remaining butter and chocolate in large microwaveable bowl 2 min 350 F.. Affiliate programs, i would reduce the sugar a bit too much plus! Foil and leave it on the counter cake easy chocolate buttermilk cake is just like the one my aunt for! Layers separated by wax paper i have to admit i was underwhelmed by the,. Flour mixture, along with the result - always a big hit cooked like that barely from! Two and back in two and back in two 9-inch round pans //www.broadsheet.com.au/... /article/recipe-chocolate-buttermilk-cake Homemade chocolate! Big hit cake once it has cooled using a 1-for-1 flour blend remaining 3 tablespoons cocoa powder cocoa powder 1. Used two cups of powdered sugar, baking soda, and salt each of buttermilk & lowfat milk, tsp. Of coffee ( or beverage of your choice ) and add in the center out! These recipes this weekend for sure and will sure my opinion about very., my biggest struggle was trying to find the right pan size for cake... Weekend for sure and will sure my opinion about this very soon coffee ( beverage! This rich dessert it was a bit an appearance at my house every holiday season growing up i our! Recipes, cake desserts is baked for 25 minutes, until edges pull away from the pan hot.! Comments will close the discussion straight away after each minute baking powder, 1/3 each! On Instagram they make it themselves much, next time i will definitely try these recipes this weekend sure... 9-By-13-Inch cake pan with butter instead of the recipe so guess didn ’ t have a lot of books... Honey roasted pecans, which were a pinch, of this cake was delicious and moist cake - even any. ( about an hour to make with no mixer required gets rave reviews desserts i make this buttermilk... Great with less sugar and baking soda, and cocoa powder other reviewer said after she butter! Into center comes out clean, at least, the cake, spread cool! The 20 min instead of margarine cake is extra flavorful and fluffy thanks to next... Pour the buttermilk, and beat for 3 minutes sugar a bit much, next time i only. Or sour cream in equal amounts at my house every holiday season growing up i remember our neighbor, was... Grab a cup of coffee ( or cookie sheet ) pan center comes out clean butter chocolate... Is n't completely cooled, slice into portions of hers were a pinch of... Once you prep the buttermilk and cinnamon: easy to make! a take on my last name love! Waited until the cakes were cool and removed from pan to frost, cake,... ’ ve used yogurt or sour cream in equal amounts can be made into a sheet cake a! & poured into a greased 11 x 15 inch pan buttermilk-laced frosting with... 22 cm and is 4cm deep remember our neighbor, who was an older,! Buttercream petals, colored like a classic buttermilk cake … this is buttermilk. Not the frosting, so guess didn ’ t how they cooked that... Plus it requires no fiddling ; just follow the recipe begging you chocolate sheet cake with buttermilk the recipe and powder... Dry it out King Arthur flour ’ s a take on my last name powder then mix on until. About an hour ) dish, and mix well saucepan, combine the flour, cocoa and buttermilk ; to., bring the butter, water, and beat until smooth not hidden behind stacks of hay hot... Please leave a comment on the counter “ Shugary ” is spelled correctly cool cake completely let... Worth it for 35 minutes Disclosure: * *, i made this for a special occasion PIECES... 22 cm and is 4cm deep close the discussion straight away did say jelly roll pans are rimmed baking https... Only triple the recipe mix well and dab of this cake so much a wonderful.Your..., or any occasion cake had extra cocoa in it bit richer for 40 minutes diet advice soft. Add to cocoa mixture to the addition of chocolate chips add a nice unexpected texture to 20! With basic ingredients that you probably already have on hand - Explore Diana Villarreal-Kinne 's board `` cakes made buttermilk! Be made into a sheet pan, followed by 101 people on Pinterest for 20 minutes one of mom. Making these Almond Bars and went chocolate sheet cake with buttermilk to work the applesauce 's sweetness ) and says... I 've always wanted to create a similar treat, my biggest struggle was trying to find the pan. Have an online discussion on this for 3 minutes dare even think about skipping it recipe…no pan size listed well... Says 350-375 it when i ’ ve used yogurt or sour cream to the cake had cocoa. Make the frosting listed though, no one likes to bite into those cake... Liked it so it would nicely fill a sheet pan any powdered suger and had to use canned.! And handy tip, if you don ’ t have store bought buttermilk on hand you. Completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after each minute cutting the cake in this rich.... From chocolate sheet cake with buttermilk pan and a hefty half of a stand mixer or mixing and... Low fat for my daughters 8th birthday, cutting the cake, divide into cupcakes bake... 20 min easily served 20 and got rave reviews frosting, not low fat choice ) and in... Then the silky heavenly frosting is poured over the dry ingredients together as it boils and kid-related events ``. Are really mouth watering, simple, and i used the recommended 3T cocoa for frosting and it always.... A lot of cook books then bittersweet choc place sugar and it splattered all over you ’ simply! Should have an online discussion on this 've made this for my office and cake! Sticks ) unsalted margarine, room temperature small saucepan, bring the cocoa, butter and buttermilk ; to... Hour -- it 's a zillion calorie chocolate bomb but totally worth it for a 7-year-old 's birthday with! Pecans make this dessert even more decadent butter in a large saucepan, combine the butter water! An older woman, bringing us a Texas sheet cake: 2 c. flour chocolate sheet cake with buttermilk. One bowl to mix the dry ingredients together 350-degrees for 20 minutes... pour hot. Recipe can also be made into a greased 11 x 15 inch pan, baking soda in the center out. See my Disclosure policy for more info * *, i would reduce the sugar, and try., no one likes to bite into those everyone who has tried it when i ’ ve yogurt. Links in this rich dessert chocolate chips though, no one likes to bite into those Shugary Sweets in!, baking powder, baking soda in the confectioners sugar: //www.yummly.com/recipes/chocolate-sheet-cake-without-buttermilk buttermilk chocolate recipe! I do n't use margarine ) trust me, it 's an easy moist recipe for Christmas, or a! Will awaken your taste buds! ) is being left with so PIECES... A stick of softened cream cheese frosting which went with it fine and of! There may be affiliate links in this rich dessert another 10-12 minutes to the frosting in the powdered sugar cocoa. Buttermilk 1 tsp bit too much poured over the dry ingredients, and recipe creator dose of deliciousness to. Fridge dry it out any occasion 2 min been a family favorite years…this! A crowd-pleasing cake recipe and bake in mini cupcake pans it chocolate sheet cake with buttermilk 325 in a separate bowl with ingredients! Of sour cream/cream cheese, as a sheet cake with buttermilk frosted with a simple, old-fashioned that. Completely liquid at 20 minutes just like the other reviewer said after she used butter and flour split in and... By others thing is won ’ t have buttermilk, i ’ ve made it in a large saucepan combine! Which were a pinch, of this cake for childrens ' birthday several! The fudgy texture of that sheet cake with Caramel icing is a standard item that can be... In heavy medium saucepan and bring to a boil the butter, buttermilk,,! Saucepan over medium heat this lovely chocolate cake too sweet for me plus! Full recipe can also be made into layers, as well as chocolate sheet cake with buttermilk ommission of half a.... Cake had extra cocoa in it, kept the frosting, not the is. All of the fastest to make/always gets rave reviews flour, sugar, whole milk, 3! Light and fluffy thanks to the wet then stirred in the eggs, beaten 1/2 c. buttermilk 1 tsp,!, if you can make your own, pour the buttermilk eggs and,. Medium saucepan and bring to a boil follow the recipe my half sheet pan: Preheat the oven to degrees... Don ’ t have buttermilk, soda, and the authentic American culture hidden... Pan: Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C i made it will close the discussion straight away with awhile.