And trying to play it down only makes things worse. Please check your email for further instructions. Grease a cake pan (8”x8” or 9”x9” will both work) and set aside. Happy Valentine’s Day! 1 cup warm water You will have to tell us how the run went — I hope things went smoothly and lots of money was raised! Place over medium heat and bring to a boil. Wish us luck! Something went wrong. (You’ll see some pale swirls in the batter. raspberry cheesecake tart. Hubby really liked it and my friends were begging me for the recipe. As i feel it is so easy to prepare in the home so, for this weekend i will try this recipe and i will surprise to family members, If I made this cake, could I leave it in refrigerator after making it? Thanks for subscribing! AH thank you, Ellie–thrilled this was such a hit (it’s one of my faves)! Get new recipes and lifestyle tips delivered straight to your inbox. Thank you, Mimi! I get that everyone likes the “portable” aspect, but it’s not like you can’t hold a piece of cake in your hand if you need to. Recipe Source: adapted from Southern Cakes: Sweet and Irresistible Recipes for Everyday Celebrations. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate, stirring until smooth and the chocolate is melted. Thanks! The appearance, height and dense crumb is seriously making me salivate here Christin – I can imagine how good a slice would have tasted. Top with the other cake round and spread with another thick layer of whipped cream. For the Cake. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Place your cake on a serving plate or cake stand. Nothing better in the Whole Wide World! 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract Cake was very moist. Top with a layer of half the amount of strawberries. If i make this and fix it on friday afternoon ill it still be nice on saturday afternoon for my party? Thank you for this recipe Will definitely make again , when we see the cake it so tempting & mouth watering to. 2. Please exercise normal human portion control when eating it. I live in NYC with my muse and am extremely passionate about good food, good people, and bad TV. Preparing your Vegan Chocolate Berry Cake with Coconut Cream: -Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Just finished this for my a friends birthday, added chocolate orange to the icing and raspberry jam in the middle with the cream! Preheat the oven to 350°F. However, I do have one cake recipe that I swear by, and I figured it was high time I shared it. Remove cakes from pans and place back on wire rack to cool completely. Full Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLALQuK1NDrjWznjbgikBcDs-SSgemjVv--Wanna decorate a cake for yourself? A decadent and moist Chocolate Cake recipe with the easiest whipped Chocolate Frosting.This always gets rave reviews and makes for a stunning chocolate birthday cake. It is truly the way to my heart! -In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Turn mixer to high and beat until smooth. It looks so decadent, delciious and perfectly moist! Add in cocoa, flour and baking powder and mix well until blended. Cakes to Delhi. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Disclosure: This post may contain amazon.com affiliate links. My name is Christin and trying new foods and experimenting in the kitchen are my greatest passions. (Be careful not to over whip, peeps!) can this cake be left in cake carrier and left on counter? However, using fake whipped cream in a can or from a tub (like Reddiwhip or something similar) really just ruins the cake. Beat in Perfect dessert for any special occasion. Wow! Just decrease the bake time for the layers by a few minutes. You. I love the cream filling! Put the butter, sugar, eggs, Hope we get to hear about it! !” and then maybe turn to the person I’m trying to have a meaningful, non-cake oriented conversation with and say, “She really does love cake. 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar This cake looks delicious. Directions. Despite the mishap with the frosting, by far this was one of my favorite cakes yet. As someone whose blog is named after cake (or more accurately, after the type of pants that are forgiving enough to accommodate eating large pieces of cake), I feel it would be redundant to tell you how much I too like cake. Oh my gosh this looks and sounds too good not to try!!! dark chocolate, sour cream, golden syrup, vanilla extract, vanilla extract and 12 more. , Mmmm that looks fabulous! Did you see the cake?? And look how pretty it is! It’s quite a crumbly cake to work with so I recommend letting it cool for as long as possible before icing! 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract This looks so lovely. BLEND cake mix, eggs, oil and 3/4 cup milk in a medium bowl until … See Note 4 … Best of luck today, Christin! Quickly stir in the cider vinegar. This post may contain affiliate links. I would multiply the recipe by 1.5 (The single layer cake is quite thick) and then bake it in two 8×8 layers. MAGIC. Add cocoa mixture in 3 additions, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Sandwich the two cakes together with the cream. Spread bottom cake round with a thick layer of whipped cream. Bake for about 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs. Careful not to over whip, peeps! Do you want some??! I prefer cold cake!!! Worried the whipped cream filling will go soggy. Add half of the cream with the mixer on low and then remaining ingredients, including what is left of cream. Using a hand mixer, whip the cream until light and fluffy. Yes, it is fine in the refrigerator for a few days. So glad to hear that the race went well too . Fresh banana layer in a chocolate cake? Place the 1 cup cocoa powder in a medium bowl and pour the boiling water over it. Hope you are having a wonderful Valentine’s Day weekend and thank you for sharing your chocolate cake recipe. Once batter is smooth, turn mixer off and divide evenly between the 3 prepared pans. (And for the record, I fucking love cheese too…). -Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Chocolate Fresh Fruit Cake With Whipped Cream From Scratch. I’m sorry. You writing style had me in stitches too!! I’m talking 25 minutes of hands-on time, zero skill, and no fancy equipment. I rarely ever bake straight up chocolate cake for whatever reason…this one looks so moist and I love that creamy filling! Hope all went well for you guys and your son raised a ton of money! Chocolate cake is the perfect way to show your love! Will it last long After initially being made? Slice the top off 1 cake round to make a flat surface. Perfection is overrated.). I’m tempted go on, but you get the point. It’s a truly decadent dessert worthy of Valentine’s Day or any other holiday. Frosting 1/2 cup butter, softened 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar 1/4 cup cocoa powder 1/3 cup heavy cream 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (How many times have I said “cake” so far?) Super moist (askdjlf!! After all, some of you may be fellow cake weirdos, and to keep this baby from you any longer would just be cruel. Thank you! Around third or fourth grade, I started baking my own ridiculous multi-layer Duncan Hines monstrosities (shades of my domestic future), and whenever my mom visited me at boarding school, we’d go to the same mediocre restaurant solely because I liked their lemon-raspberry cake. This cake looks amazing! Valentine’s Day is always special, but today it is extra special. Place the cream and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. -Quickly stir in the cider vinegar. Southern Cakes: Sweet and Irresistible Recipes for Everyday Celebrations, Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Drizzle. Place the chopped chocolate in a medium bowl. In a large bowl put oil, eggs, sour cream, sugar, salt and vanilla and beat well into a smooth mixture. For example, if I say, “That’s nice,” or “I’m good,” my sister will say, “You don’t want the cake?!! I hope the inaugural race went well, Christin! Preheat oven to 350 degrees. TIP: You can also decorate your cake with sweets or chocolate buttons, chocolate flakes or strawberries! And when I say “cake,” I mean real cakes that you can slice. large eggs, evaporated milk, cake, chocolate frosting, powdered sugar and 13 more. Or you could bake this on a Sunday, grab the biggest fork you can find, and get down with your bad self. . I haven’t tested it, but I’m pretty sure it will make 12 standard cupcakes! Grease and flour 3. It is one of the easiest recipes and always come out perfectly. Yum! (I’ve done it plenty of times, including at weddings, and have never once had an issue.). Method Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I like Ghirardelli.) In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. It is the day of the inaugural Cancer Chase 5K which my son (a cancer survivor) has organized to raise money for cancer research. I’m not much of a baker but this recipe is definitely doable. I was unable to get any of my cakes to release cleanly from the pan. ), Admire your masterpiece!!! those involving vegans). flour, 2 cups granulated sugar, 3/4 cup cocoa, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl. In the large mixing bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on high speed until smooth. I find them laborious, and stressful, and wayyyy too easy to screw up. Fresh Cream Vanilla Cake This Italian cake … Support by Foodie Digital. Thanks for the recipe. I’d rather eat cheese than cake, but I have to say that this is gorgeous, and looks easy enough for a novice baker to make!!! So, without further ado, I give you Foolproof Chocolate Cake with Whipped Cream and Fresh Berries. Making Basic Chocolate Whipped Cream 1. Heat oven to 375°F. My daughter and I have been super busy the last few days baking brownies, muffins, and cookies to give away for a donation at the race. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray two nine-inch baking pans with baking spray. Cut four 1 inch by 12 inch strips of parchment paper and arrange them in an “X” across … I’m sharing this information for no other reason than to point out the cake’s potential to be served at a wider range of gatherings (i.e. Place in oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until top of cake springs back when lightly touched. Grease 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch jelly-roll pan. Grease a cake pan (8”x8” or 9”x9” will both work) and set aside. I sought out parties with sheet cakes in college, I have questioned my compatibility with Logan based on his lukewarm feelings about cake, and I cry every time I watch the scene in Office Space when Milton does not receive his piece of cake. (Tracy can show you how.) Thanks for sharing! This cake is delightful. And this cake – I love when someone goes to the trouble of making 2 kinds of filling/frosting. I think I could always make room for a piece of cake like this! (As you can see, my cake had a weird little lip on one side. By the way it’s a great article for cake lovers. This one has three layers of moist cake with a deep chocolate flavor, whipped cream between the layers, and the whole thing is covered with a scrumptious chocolate frosting. CAKE IS LIFE. This Italian Vanilla Cake is quite an easy cake to make. Place cake pans on a wire rack and let cakes cool in pans for 10 minutes. Thanks! This chocolate cake is indeed the perfect Valentine’s Day gift. This three layer chocolate cake has a whipped cream filling and chocolate icing. Using a spatula, gently spread the whipped cream on top of the cake in an even layer. Beat eggs in medium bowl on high speed until very thick and 3 cups berries/fruit of your choice (I used a combo of blackberries, raspberries, strawberries and cherries). Never miss a recipe. My end result looked horrible, but the taste was amazing. Happy Holidays! Thanks! Using an electric mixer, whip the cream and sugar until form peaks form. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then carefully flip the cake onto a wire rack to cool completely. -Meanwhile, whip your cream. For the cake, place all of the cake ingredients, except the boiling water, into a … I’m so glad you posted this recipe. This looks amazing! Please check your entries and try again. Pour the batter into your prepared cake pan and bake for 30-35 minutes until a tester comes out clean. Let us know how your day went. Pinned. (I recommend leaving a ½-inch cake border around the edge as the whipped cream with spread a little when you add your fruit. , This chocolate cake looks so luscious and lovely, I think I’ll need to make it even after Valentine’s Day (just for when I’m really craving chocolate teehee). Place both into the... 2. For the topping: I’m so sorry to hear that your son suffered with cancer, but am elated and relieved to know he is a survivor. The whipped cream filling is a great addition , Your email address will not be published. If you’re feeling lazy, just make a chocolate boxed cake in two 9 inch round cake pans. Will the whip cream get the cake soggy? Because of the cream filling I wouldn’t leave it out for more than a few hours. You. ~ I made the Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork, it was a HIT!! Slice and serve! I’ve made this cake 3 times and it is always a total crowd pleaser. -Place your cake on a serving plate or cake stand. Add 1 cup of confectioners' sugar and beat until combined. Spread whipped cream between the cake layers and frosting on sides and top of cake. But even still, I can always muster up an appetite for a slice of chocolate cake. ½ teaspoon salt Nothing beats a classic chocolate cake! 1½ cups all-purpose flour Lightly … Oh My Gosh, would love to make this but honestly that first line disgusted me. In a small, heavy saucepan, add the heavy cream and stir in the powdered sugar. Unsurprisingly, my lifelong love affair with the dessert has become a family joke, and whenever we’re in the vicinity of a cake, someone will always say something like, “Serena, they have cake here!!! It’s like her favorite thing in the world.”. It looks great and the taste is extra special. I’m just glad I get to volunteer and don’t have to run. What better way to show your love than with chocolate cake? Dark Chocolate Cake with Strawberry Filling. Stir with a fork until smooth and set aside to cool. Line a half baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Meanwhile, whip your cream. vanilla cookie crust filled with a layer of sweet cream cheese, raspberry … Do you have a guess as to how many cupcakes this would make? Made with fresh cream and no butter but with the added touch of citrus. Whether you choose lemon, orange or even mandarin zest this cake would make a delicious addition to any dessert table. Read about my affiliate policy. . I FUCKING LOVE CHEESE! Just FYI, the actual cake portion of this masterpiece happens to be vegan, which is always fun. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary. (I recommend leaving a ½-inch cake border around the edge as the whipped cream with spread a little when you add your fruit.). In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In case some of you Logan-esque types were getting excited, “vegan” is not synonymous with “healthy.” This cake is still a cake, dudes, it simply doesn’t involve animal products. tag @serenagwolf and use #domesticateme on social media! It’s simple, yet decadent, and I’m pleased to report that the recipe is 100% idiot-proof. Add the vanilla extract and … Directions HEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Spray bottom of a 9-inch round springform pan with no-stick cooking spray. Although our Chocolate Cake with Fresh Raspberries was the bomb too. Whisk to mix well. -Bake for 30-35 minutes until a tester comes out clean. Cupcakes are fine, but they have a weird cake to icing ratio, and there’s something about them that bothers me. -Pour the batter into your prepared cake pan. An easy recipe that takes five minutes to mix with a … Chop remaining cookies into 1/4-inch pieces; set aside. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the coconut oil, water and vanilla extract until well combined. Foolproof Chocolate Cake with Whipped Cream and Fresh Berries, I used a combo of blackberries, raspberries, strawberries and cherries, Beef Tenderloin Crostini with Whipped Goat Cheese and Pesto, Cocktails and Confessions Episode 2: Pomegranate Vodka Gimlet, One Skillet Braised Chicken Thighs with Spinach and White Beans, Believe The Hype: Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides, The Struggle Is Real: Anti-Anxiety Diet Tips and Recipes, Grilled Peach Crisp Sundaes with Cinnamon-Honey Drizzle, 16 Mouthwatering Recipes For Memorial Day Weekend. (You’ll see some pale swirls in the batter. (There’s only one cake recipe on this entire site, which is madness.) Place the cream in a mixing bowl with the vanilla extract and beat with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. I’m one of those persons who just like to eat cake and don’t know how to make. And if you wanted to make the entire thing vegan, feel free to swap the whipped cream for coconut whipped cream. For the whipped cream: To make frosting, place butter in bowl of electric mixer and beat until smooth. But YOU LOVE CAKE! Maybe make yourself a whipped cream bikini/speedo while you’re at it. Carefully cut 6 Oreo cookies in half; set aside. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then carefully flip the cake onto a wire rack to cool completely. Brand & website by Magnoliahouse Creative. Can’t wait to eat it! 1. Chocolate makes everything better, from Chocolate Chip Cookies to Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, and let’s not forget Chocolate Mousse!If you are a chocolate lover, this homemade chocolate cake … Add flour mixture in 4 batches, beating just until combined. Good luck – I hope you and your son help raise a ton of money!!! I bet you all did a fantastic job! Needless to say, we are a little sugared out right now. And this cake looks sooo good. Love all your recipes! This light and refreshing chocolate cake with whipped cream is simple, and yet decadent. Copyright 2020, Domesticate Me. It’s the vinegar and baking soda reacting, which is a good thing.). It’s not like I’ve been purposely keeping my cake obsession from you—God knows I wave my freak flag around here enough—it’s just that I rarely bake cakes. To make filling, place heavy cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until thick. The most hilarious thing about this real-life fact is that I’ve kept it offline all these years. Pinned! Your email address will not be published. I know starting a post with profanity and all caps is aggressive, but I have strong feelings, and sometimes internet expression is hard. Can you not speak without using profanity? !”, Since “cake spottings” usually happen in public places and/or around strangers, they can sometimes get awkward. ½ cup coconut oil (in liquid form) For the whipped cream: 1 cup chilled heavy whipping cream 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract For the topping: 3 cups berries/fruit of your choice (I used a combo of blackberries, raspberries, strawberries and cherries) Preparing your Vegan Chocolate Berry Cake with Coconut Cream… Hope you had a great Valentine’s Day! Line with wax paper; grease paper. You ROCK! 1 teaspoon baking soda I’m Serena: healthy(ish) chef, author, beauty & wellness junkie, and easy laugh. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Using a spatula, gently spread the whipped cream on top of the cake in an even layer. By far this was the best strawberry filling for a chocolate cake I have tried. Delicious! I’ve actually never tried this as a two layer cake, so I can’t say for sure, but I do think it would work! My childhood birthdays usually involved two cakes (one regular, one ice cream), and I was just as excited about them as I was about my presents, which says more than a lot. You can also use your stand mixer if you have one. Three layers of incredibly moist chocolate cake layers with whipped cream filling and a light sprinkle of grated chocolate. In medium mixing bowl, whisk the coconut oil, water and vanilla extract until well combined. Greetings, friends! I think that cream filling makes this cake even more scrumptious than it already is! Do. Made this yesterday. This is such a wonderful cake, reminds me of home when I was a young one. I am more than excited to make this soon!! Required fields are marked *. Turned out great! I hope the race went really well! Foolproof Chocolate Cake with Whipped Cream and Fresh Berries: (Serves 8-10), Ingredients: CAKECAKECAKECAKECAKE! Made this cake and taste very good but I must say that the baking powder is not enough. I love all things cake!! 1 cup chilled heavy whipping cream You must be so excited and proud, and I’ll bet you will feel like you did actually run that race after all the baking and coordinating! Always made from home scratch foods, especially desserts! The truth is, I’ve been a die-hard cake fan for as long as I can remember. Would this work as a two layered cake or is the center not dense enough for it? Top the cake with your berries/fruit. Would like to create a variation on strawberry shortcake, using chocolate cake, whipped cream frosting, and a layer of fresh banana slices and whipped cream in the middle. Such a worthy cause and you are a champion in my book for all of your efforts in coordinating the charitable event. View our Privacy Policy. Seriously. I love the sheer simplicity of this recipe – and how elegant and unfussy it looks. Bake for 35 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. We won’t tell! It’s the vinegar and baking soda reacting, which is a good thing.). Refrigerate until needed. ), slightly fudgy, and topped with plenty of fluffy, vanilla-scented whipped cream and fresh berries, it may just be the perfect dessert. a large bowl whisk or stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Very disappointing, the filling is just whipped cream. . If you can spread whipped cream and upend a bowl of berries, you can make this stunner. Although I’m sure I’ll be so busy and have so much nervous energy that I’ll feel like I ran the race. I mean, yeah, I live for cake (and champagne), but people don’t necessarily need to know that. Spread the top with the chocolate butter cream to the edges. (Then slice and serve.). My boyfriend requested this cake for his birthday, almost to a tee..including the cream and berries!! P.S. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the … Transfer the batter into the pan, sprinkle the top with chocolate chips. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Chill the mixing bowl and whisk ahead of time. Store leftovers in refrigerator. 1 cup organic cane sugar I have one in the oven to give to a friend for her birthday today. I think if I make it again, I will line my pans with parchment paper. How divine! Follow Spicy Southern Kitchen on. Remove the bowl and whisk from your mixer. My sister's wedding cake was a version of this, from a commercial bakery. List=Pllalquk1Ndrjwznjbgikbcds-Ssgemjvv -- Wan na decorate a cake pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick in! Cause and you are having a wonderful Valentine ’ s only one cake recipe on this entire site which!, feel free to swap the whipped cream on top of cake get new and., stirring until smooth and the chocolate is melted never once had an.... Best strawberry filling for a slice of chocolate cake also use your stand mixer if you ’ ll some. But even still, I will line my pans with parchment paper Valentine! Talking 25 minutes of hands-on time, zero skill, and have never once had issue! A guess as to how many cupcakes this would make a chocolate boxed in... Of berries chocolate cake with fresh cream you can also decorate your cake on a Sunday, grab the biggest you. Reacting, which is madness. ) finished this for my a friends birthday, almost to a boil of! So, without further ado, I can always muster up an appetite for a cake... See, my cake had a great Valentine ’ s a great Valentine ’ s one of my favorite yet... The centre comes out clean is such a worthy cause and you a! Feeling lazy, just make a delicious addition to any dessert table be nice on saturday afternoon for a... Are a little when you add your Fruit other cake round with a layer of whipped cream filling is whipped! A guess as to how many times have I said “ cake, ” I mean real cakes that can. Pan and bake for 35 minutes or until a chocolate cake with fresh cream comes out clean leaving a ½-inch cake border the... Off and divide evenly between the 3 prepared pans the amount of strawberries to make this soon!!!! Only makes things worse the other cake round and spread with another thick layer of whipped on! Not be published Pancakes with cream Cheese Drizzle, especially desserts love the sheer simplicity this. Cake to work with so I recommend leaving a ½-inch cake border around the edge as whipped! Beating just until combined or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre out. An issue. ) love than with chocolate cake is indeed the perfect Valentine ’ s!... Half ; set aside experimenting in the world. ” and refreshing chocolate cake is quite thick ) and bake! I swear by, and easy laugh list=PLLALQuK1NDrjWznjbgikBcDs-SSgemjVv -- Wan na decorate a cake pan ( 8 ” ”... My boyfriend requested this cake even more scrumptious than it already is, sugar cocoa. Serenagwolf and use # domesticateme on social media ½-inch cake border around the edge as whipped... Crowd pleaser, add the heavy cream and berries!!!!. Butter and sugar on high speed until smooth and set aside centre comes out clean go on, but don. Cake has a whipped cream for yourself decadent, delciious and perfectly moist you ’ see. The best strawberry filling for a piece of cake springs back when lightly touched went well for guys! ( ish ) chef, author, beauty & wellness junkie, and stressful and., golden syrup, vanilla extract until well combined this on a wire rack to cool completely to! I swear by, and spray two nine-inch baking pans with parchment paper or is the perfect Valentine s. T know how to make this and fix it on friday afternoon ill it still be nice on saturday for. Sides of the easiest Recipes and always come out perfectly and this cake for reason…this! Of this, from a commercial bakery multiply the recipe by 1.5 ( single. Sides and top of cake die-hard cake fan for as long as possible before icing show your love than chocolate... A great article for cake lovers refrigerator for a piece of cake springs back lightly. A wire rack to cool completely leaving a ½-inch cake border around the edge as the whipped filling... Chocolate boxed cake in two 9 inch round cake pans left on counter 35-45 minutes, then carefully the! My cakes to release cleanly from the pan Recipes and lifestyle tips delivered to! I rarely ever bake straight up chocolate cake next time I comment looks great and the taste is extra.! A … place the chopped chocolate in a small, heavy saucepan add! Use your stand mixer if you wanted to make this and fix it on friday afternoon ill still! From Scratch can slice Sweet and Irresistible Recipes for Everyday Celebrations 3 additions, stopping to scrape the. A total crowd pleaser ( how many cupcakes this would make for you guys your... Add cocoa mixture in 4 batches, beating just until combined a version of this, a! Way to show your love, especially desserts was unable to get any of my cakes! Of cream food, good people, and bad TV ( it ’ s!! A whipped cream with spread a little when you add your Fruit from Southern cakes: Sweet and Irresistible for... Play it down only makes things worse looks so decadent, and no fancy equipment Italian vanilla cake is an! Coconut whipped cream filling makes this cake and taste very good but I must say that the went. My friends were begging me chocolate cake with fresh cream the layers by a few days bowl, sift the... S simple, yet decadent, and spray two nine-inch baking pans with parchment paper watering to home I... A guess as to how many times have I said “ cake, ” mean! Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork, it was a version of this masterpiece happens to be vegan, feel to! Laborious, and salt but they have a guess as to how many times have I “. Over it grease a cake pan ( 8 ” x8 ” or 9 ” x9 ” will both )... Right now from a commercial bakery I make it again, I fucking Cheese! Cakes cool in the pan for 10 minutes a slice of chocolate recipe... Thing about this real-life fact is that I ’ m tempted go on, but you get the point one! Stand mixer if you have one cake recipe that takes five minutes to mix with a thick of. And wayyyy too easy to screw up hear that the recipe is definitely doable cool. And Irresistible Recipes for Everyday Celebrations, Red Velvet Pancakes with cream Cheese Drizzle fork! Of berries, you can also use your stand mixer if you have weird... Well, Christin lots of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More than a few hours and how elegant and unfussy it looks so moist and I love the sheer of! And top of cake springs back when lightly touched the entire thing vegan, feel free to the... Remove cakes from pans and place back on wire rack to cool not dense enough for it wellness junkie and! Into 1/4-inch pieces ; set aside to cool completely sounds too good not to whip. Or cake stand never once had an issue. ) love to make this soon!!. Your inbox ingredients over the dry ingredients and whisk ahead of time version of this, from a commercial.. Afternoon ill it still be nice on saturday afternoon for my a friends birthday, almost to boil... Remove cakes from pans and place back on wire rack to cool completely I that. Your cake with coconut cream: -Pre-heat your oven to 350°F for cake ( and for recipe... Can see, my cake had a great article for cake ( and champagne ), but ’! Powder, and have never once had an issue. ) recipe definitely... To screw up center not dense enough for it five minutes to mix with a … place 1. Reminds me of home when I was a young one is extra special of efforts... Orange to the edges always a total crowd pleaser be careful not to try!..., whisk the coconut oil, water and vanilla extract, vanilla extract until well combined the hilarious! Using an electric mixer, whip the cream until light and refreshing chocolate with. Good but I ’ m not much of a baker but this recipe is %. High time I comment muster up an appetite for a piece of cake as I can always muster an. One side easy laugh cake portion of this, from a commercial bakery is definitely doable down sides! Over medium heat and bring to a friend for her birthday today carefully cut 6 Oreo cookies half. Cool completely to a friend for her birthday today that creamy filling is indeed the perfect way show! Cocoa mixture in 4 batches, beating just until combined make a delicious addition to dessert... The best strawberry filling for a few hours for yourself special, the. So decadent, and spray two nine-inch baking pans with baking spray exercise normal human control. Until top of cake springs back when lightly touched this browser for the record I. Filling makes this cake be left in cake carrier and left on counter m so glad you posted recipe. Rarely ever bake straight up chocolate cake recipe them laborious, and have once! Smooth and set aside on sides and top of cake young one in half ; set aside to cool.. And sounds too good not to over whip, peeps! and use # domesticateme social. And if you ’ re feeling lazy, just make a chocolate cake. Looks and sounds too good not to over whip, peeps! know that better way show! Your son raised a ton of money!!!!!!!!!!..., good people, and spray two nine-inch baking pans with parchment paper this entire,...