Darn Good Chocolate Cake Mix Recipe Food. I just have a questions , I only have 3 9×2 inches pan would if make a different or I could just use 2 9×2 instead of 3 8×2? Mix to get an even, creamy texture. I don’t think you would be happy with three 9 inch layers, too thin. Hi Trina, Click on the 2 links below …..a Wilton Cake Batter and Baking Times Chart and one from Karen’s Kitchen. Add the flour bit by bit too. Add flour mixture and mix thoroughly. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/7565/too-much-chocolate-cake What about the eggs? This is a great recipe to have when you need a special cake quickly and with the minimum of fuss. Check for doneness with a toothpick or long skewer. I will try your link above for fluffier Chocolate box-doctored cupcakes. The cake will last longer if refrigerated but it should be kept under an airtight cover in the refrigerator, if not airtight it will dry out. Update (10/24): Was wondering if anyone had used this recipe for cupcakes? The added eggs, dry pudding mix, and sour cream help take a boxed cake mix to a taste-like-it-came-from-a-bakery cake. Mix for approximately two minutes. Add eggs, … - I will be topping it with the Satiny Chocolate Glaze from this website. Thanks for these recipes, great tools and supplies. When you can lightly touch the center and they spring back, they are ready. Generously grease a 10- inch bundt pan with butter or shortening and lightly dust with flour. I can definitely see where this one won the award! I followed reccommendations of other reviewers by cutting the oil to 1/2 cup, adding 1/3 cup milk and cutting back the chocolate chips to about 1 1/4 cups, or a large bag of chocolate chips in Australian brands. Let me know if you have other questions. What can I do to help this? If I had to guess, would it be a vanilla meringue? I love how it only takes 1 cup of sour cream (others take 2 cups). Your choice, you will be fine either way. I have experimented with different flavors of cake mixes/pudding/chips and had wonderful results. Everyone raved about it, and it was so moist. Cake Chocolate Cake Mix Add Pudding And Sour Cream Dik Dik Zaxy February 3, 2020 no Comments . This is probably why it tastes and looks so much like a scratch chocolate cake recipe. Enjoy this Chocolate Sour Cream Cake recipe, I think you’ll come back to it again and again! Hope you will enjoy the cake. But these were still very delicious and dense!! How many cups of batter does this make? Thanks, Denise for such a wonderful chocolate cake recipe! Cooking at 335 for 55 minutes was perfect. It was bliss when eaten with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce. I want to make the chocolate sour cream cake, can I replace the eggs with unsweetened applesauce? Mix to combine. In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. I'll have a picture up soon. Hi Cathleen, the Chocolate Sour Cream doctored recipe makes approx. And we eat with our eyes first, right? Thank you it was a hit and I’m actually using it again thanks so much for your blog it’s made life so much easier!! Pour into three 8 x 2 inch round pans that have been greased and floured. Great presentation and great rich, chocolate taste. It turned out perfect. Frost with FUDGE FROSTING. I have a chocolate cake mix, but I want to add sour cream to it to make it a little more dense or moist. Hi Mona, I think it would be delicious filled with ganache. Every once in awhile I need chocolate. Thanks for posting this recipe, Denise. Hello, can I make it 3-9in layers instead of 2 layers? Such a fabulous recipe! My husband said it was almost like a brownie cake. It's a keeper for me. All were decorated with modeling chocolate flowers and small bumblebees. Since they are so small, they dry out more quickly. If you’ve been searching for the perfect doctored cake mix recipe for Chocolate Cake, you just cannot top this one! Preheat oven 325 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour a bundt pan. Put the yolks one by one into the creamy butter. Chocolate Soured Cream Cake. It probably will still taste just fine. You could make three 8 inch round layers, each layer would be about 1 1/4 inches high. Sounds awesome! It's the sour cream in the recipe that creates this cake's extra moist texture. The Classic Vanilla (all butter) Buttercream or the Fluffy Buttercream recipe will be good. You should get an oven thermometer (can be found at grocery stores or Target) to check if that is a problem. Hi there! method; Ingredients; Method. I followed reccommendations of other reviewers by cutting the oil to 1/2 cup, adding 1/3 cup milk and cutting back the chocolate chips to about 1 1/4 cups, or a large bag of chocolate chips in Australian brands. Thank you so much!! https://www.livecrafteat.com/eat/death-by-chocolate-bundt-cake Required fields are marked *. What is it? Sour Cream in Cake Mix | Why You Must Try This. White chocolate vanilla bundt cake chocolate frosting best german chocolate bundt cake a doctored up cake mix table for seven the best chocolate sour cream bundt. Great presentation and great rich, chocolate taste. I think I may have over baked the Classic from scratch a bit. Gradually add the powdered sugar, vanilla and pinch of salt. You can find it here! In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. oil and 1/3 cup milk (to help with the batter consistency), and 1 cup of chocolate chips. Bake: Bake for 30 minutes. Finish this cake with decadent chocolate butter frosting. Hi Cynthia, We don’t think unrefrigerated cakes taste best on the 3rd day. This is going to become a standard at our house. Hi Jean, we use Duncan Hines 15.25 ounce cake mix. ... People see some differences in the final result when they add the sour cream to the mix, that is why many swear by it and forgo milk from their recipe. In the bowl of your stand mixer combine all the cake ingredients (including the chocolate chips). Second Step: Pan . See more ideas about dessert recipes, desserts, delicious desserts. I usually add butter when melting the chocolate, and add chocolate powder and icing sugar afer ive added the sour cream to the three basic ingredients you’ve specified here and it makes the best frosting for a chocolate cake. I made this for my mom's birthday and it was a big hit! How many ounces in the cake mix you used for this recipe,please? You will just need to lengthen the baking time a bit….check with a toothpick. So does 25 minutes sound about right for this recipe with three 8″ pans. ... mix well. Turn the mixer to low speed and slowly add the melted chocolate. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 40 – 45 minutes. Amount is based on available nutrient data. https://www.thespruceeats.com/triple-chocolate-cake-recipe-101366 I prefer using mini chocolate chips, and they add a lot to the recipe. Pour into three 8 x 2 inch round pans that have been greased and floured. Fudge cake/choc pudding/peanut butter chips (this one was awesome!). Filed Under: Blog Tutorials, Cakes and Cupcakes, Recipes Tagged With: Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Doctored Cake Mix, Chocolate Sour Cream Cake. Hi Suzie, Thanks so much for posting your nice review on this recipe. When the cake cooled, I was able to cut a perfectly flat base for the cake.. and thus sample the cake warm. And should I️ torte the layers so the cake absorbs the filling better? Don’t miss our full collection of FAVORITE  Cake and Frosting Recipes in our Recipes section! I topped it with whipped cream and strawberries I dipped in chocolate. I have been making this for about 2 years now for many, many different occasions, and it always gets rave reviews. Your email address will not be published. Will this recipe bake good in a 9×13 pan? Samantha, I’m sorry your question was overlooked. Don't be afraid to add the full amount of oil---it's cake! https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/8053/sour-cream-bundt-cake Add the room temperature eggs, one at a time, beating well with the electric mixer after each addition. Thank you. Cool in pan on wire rack. https://www.nigella.com/recipes/old-fashioned-chocolate-cake It is suggested on batter charts that you need 7 cups for a 9×13 pan, so the cake may not be 2 inches in height. German Chocolate Cake mix-- (18 1/2 oz), 1 can blueberry pie filling, whipped cream. https://funcheaporfree.com/cake-mix-chocolate-bundt-cake-recipe Directions For The Chocolate Pound Cake With Sour Cream. If you do not have freezer space, you can wrap in 2 layers of plastic wrap and in a plastic bag keeping it airtight in a COOL place for no more than two days. Mix in the sugar, eggs and vanilla extract – followed by the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in the sugar, followed by the eggs and vanilla extract. Preeti, I’m sorry we missed your question. I would bake this again! Delicious! *This also works well for cupcakes! I keep hearing to add sour cream, but no one ever tells how much to add or if I should cut back on other ingredients as well. I love that this cake is guaranteed to rise and have a fine texture due to the cake and pudding mixes yet it is lifted from being 'just a cake mix' by the addition of sour cream and the chocolate chips. Granny. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; beat until smooth. Chocolate doesn't get any better than this! I used the mini chocolate chips and they were perfect, melted totally. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/cake-with-cake-mix-and-sour-cream https://www.mycakeschool.com/recipes/seven-minute-frosting/, click here to Subscribe without commenting. Can I use 2 10inch cake pans for this recipe? If your cake is rising in the oven but falls in the center when taken out of the oven, that most often means that it was not baked long enough. Fudge cake/choc pudding/choc mint chips. Once the cake layers have baked, let cool for a short while, but while they are still quite warm wrap individually in plastic wrap and then in aluminum foil and freeze. Oh how I love this Chocolate Sour Cream Cake (doctored cake mix) recipe! Blueberry Pie Chocolate Cake. Thanks. Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Hi Debbie, Yes, it will be fine to use a bundt pan. I am using it this afternoon for cupcakes. Chocolate Sour Cream Cake. Thank you for the fabulous recipe! I found this cake very easy to make and it was a blessing in disguise that the top of the cake rose above the rim of my tin. Very rich and moist, but not at all wet or 'crispy' on the outside edges. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Very rich and moist, but not at all wet or 'crispy' on the outside edges. In the comments it looks like you do it in three 8 inch pans …. I baked it in a bundt cake pan at 335 degrees for 55-60 min. Then we added buttermilk and melted butter to increase the moisture and fat content and additional cocoa powder to amp up the … cake mix with sour cream and pudding added. 1 box chocolate cake mix, 1 box chocolate pudding, 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, 3/4 tsp salt, 8 oz sour cream, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 and 1/3 cup cold coffee. Continue to mix or beat as instructed. The doctored cake took 35 minutes and looks perfect! © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Hope all goes well. I am testing these out on my son’s high school teachers. Pour sour cream into the lukewarm cocoa mixture. I am not new to baking, but am no where near a pro. of Ghirardelli's 60% cocoa bittersweet chocolate chips. However I love adding pudding mix to my bakes, can I add that to this? The Classic only rose to an inch height. I would bake this again! Untamed sour cream chocolate cake for our tastebuds to ride on! Add sour cream and mix well. Just remove from the refrigerator 1 or 2 hours before serving. It is based on just a creaming butter and sugar method, so you will start with creaming your butter in a stand mixer together with brown sugar. Will this cake be too sweet if filled with ganache? If you are making a chocolate strawberry cake you can use this recipe as is and add fresh chopped strawberries (if using frozen lessen your sour cream by half) and, if you can find it, use strawberry extract instead of vanilla. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. This is a nice, basic cake; good for a picnic or a quick snack. I can’t cut into any of the layers because I need it for a cake that’s coming due. I love that … Guess what? 1 cup full-fat sour cream 3/4 cup vegetable oil 1/2 cup milk 4 eggs 1 box (15 - 16 ounces / 432 – 461 grams) chocolate cake mix, unprepared 1 box (4-serving size) instant chocolate pudding mix, unprepared Then mix in the sour cream. I set the timer for 5 more minutes and the wooden pick came out completey clean. I used Satiny Chocolate Glaze like many others but had no idea it really wasn't a glaze but came on more like a frosting. Hello, I most often use my Doctored Cake Mix trick with chocolate cake mix, but it works great for making Coconut Cupcakes from a vanilla cake mix. Jumbo: 21 minutes Slight changes: I used a dark chocolate fudge cake mix, with 1/2 cup veg. (I’ve only worked with fondant once before for a similar design to what I’m doing this time. It ALWAYS receives rave reviews. Appreciate the help and tips. We used three 8 x 2 inch round pans that were greased and floured. I just made a batch of the Classic Chocolate Cake scratch and the Sour Cream Chocolate Cake (Doctored Mix). I did use 3/4 C. oil as suggested. Hi Rosa, Yes, it will be fine to use two 9×2 pans to make this recipe. Hi Kristy, There is no oil in the recipe. I'll have a picture up soon. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Help the kids make the icing and let them help you frost the cake for a fun-filled family activity. Chocolate sour cream doctor recipe – curious as to why it doesn’t call for oil ? As a cake decorator, I've tried a lot of different "doctored cake mix" recipes. Funny about your husband, so glad he liked it! I was hesitant because I always cook from scratch. Place 1 cake layer onto a platter, add ¼ cup of the frosting on top of the cake and spread with a spatula. I love the height of the 2 layers. Recipes / Sour cream added to chocolate cake mix (1000+) Basic Cake Mix Cookies & Cake/Pudding Mix Cookies. You will have a little over 2 1/4 cups batter in each of three 8″ pans. BUT, I don't always have a lot of time to bake. I usually make the cake in regular cake pans, slice the cakes in half lengthwise, and spread seedless raspberry preserves on each cut half. Also, which buttercream would be best to use for an edible image that will be going on top? hi! The eggs give the cake structure and stability. Thanks for stopping by! First we add the butter, cocoa and water to a sauce pan to melt everything together and dissolve the cocoa powder. Then remove it from the heat and cool slightly. : Chocolate Sour Cream Cake from scratch. The eggs are added with the sour cream and other liquid ingredients. DOH!! Hi Kathleen, The recipe has 1 cup of flour in the recipe so I do not add any additional flour. Hi Dorothy, The Chocolate Sour Cream Cake doctored recipe makes 7 cups of batter. Thanks! I am sure the chocoholics in my family will polish this up tonight. https://cakejournal.com/recipes/white-sour-cream-cake-recipe Let cake cool and make frosting and top with sprinkles. Beat heavy cream in a different bowl then mix into the frosting too. Great for decorating because it holds it shape and doesn't crumble. Servings for a 9 inch cake would give you about 16 to 18 servings depending on the size of each serving. Let it cool for an hour in the pan, then removed and drizzled the Satiny Chocolate Glaze from this site over it, garnished with strawberries and powdered sugar. 6 cups batter and that is the suggested amount for one 10 x 2 inch round pan. Both look and smell amazing!! If you love this Chocolate Sour Cream Cake, don’t miss it’s sister recipe, the fabulous White Almond Sour Cream Cake (doctored cake mix recipe)! I forgot about the chocolate chips so when checking to see if this was done, I almost overcooked it b/c my toothpick kept coming up with what I thought was batter. I cooked it in 9" cake pans for a birthday cake filled it with raspberry & frosted with chocolate buttercream. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix well. ? Both times I have made this cake, it doesnt rise in the middle. If you’re not going the dairy route, replace the water with another liquid for added flavor. Above, you said cakes taste best on the 3rd day, wrapped, without refrigeration. And it’s the HERSHEY’S Cocoa in the fudge frosting that gives this cake its extra kick. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick … Delicious! Very excited to try this. Hi Jessica, Either recipe would be fine to use with the filling. Set aside. Thank you for all your delicious recipe, it’s a success all the time any recipe is good Wasn't sure how the recipe would hold up when baked in a smaller size. Using an electric mixer, combine everything, including the cake mix, sour cream, eggs, chocolate pudding, vegetable oil, and water until mixed well. Red Velvet Sour Cream Bundt Cake Your Cup of Cake. The texture of this chocolate cake is so soft…I mean we add pudding mix, sour cream and a whole load of chocolate chips. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients and stir or whisk to blend. We have a fantastic homemade version of this Chocolate Sour Cream Cake too! Remove cupcakes from the pan immediately and cool on a baking rack. This decadent Chocolate Sour Cream Cake has a slightly dense and velvety texture which I absolutely love. I of course didn't think to print out the sour cream frosting recipe (and am not online at home, which is probably a good thing) so I made chocolate whipped cream instead. Update 8/20/06 - have made this recipe many, many times now for parties and get-togethers. This is one of the best I've tried. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a plate If desired, dust the cake with powdered sugar. Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cake I - All Recipes. Made all of those silly characters. Carefully fold in the beaten egg whites. To thaw, keep wrapped until condensation forms on the outside of the aluminum foil then unwrap and thaw. 10822 views. I re-worded the instruction a bit, I think you may understand it more clearly now. Add butter, sour cream, eggs and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 3 minutes. It was bliss when eaten with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce. vanilla, instant chocolate pudding, chocolate cake mix, Cake and 10 more. How long does the doctored cake recipe for Chocolate Sour Cream Cupcakes bake? Chocolate Cake Mix Add Pudding And Sour Cream. From a baking video, it's best to cut out a piece of wax/parchment paper in shape of what you're baking in & put on bottom, so you can easily take out & work w/layers. I️ am baking a 2 layer, 9x13x2 birthday cake with an edible image on top for a friends son. This decadent Chocolate Sour Cream Cake not only tastes amazing, but it is versatile also. This is one of my favorite chocolate cake, sour cream in cakes works so well. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about … ... To make a doctored up chocolate cake you need to start with a high quality box of cake mix. Fill the bundt pan to within 1 1/4 inches from the top of the pan and you won’t run the risk of the batter baking over the sides. ... is guaranteed to rise and have a fine texture due to the cake and pudding mixes yet it is lifted from being 'just a cake mix' by the addition of sour cream and the … In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, sugar, cocoa and flour. I bake it in a sheet cake pan with a WASC cake (one half chocolate one half white). I made this for my mom's birthday and it was a big hit! Hi Olga, I think the doctored chocolate sour cream recipe makes approximately 7 cups of batter. It is soft, moist, and works great for both cakes and cupcakes! :), Congrats! https://www.thecookingmom.com/recipe-box/desserts/death-by-chocolate-cake Followed recipe exactly. This would be unbelievable cool! Yum!!! Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Hi Amy, I’m sorry but since I have not tried that with the recipe, I am not sure. But I've had so much trouble lately with getting my chocolate cakes moist because of the high altitude I'm at, so I'll try anything. I just provided 162 cupcakes for an event. While creaming melt milk baking chocolate, you can use dark chocolate as … Thanks!! Thank you! Once cupcakes are cool, top with your favorite. I’m sure you have made your cake by now but we have used the Classic Vanilla and Classic Chocolate frosting recipes from the recipe section. Cover loosely with aluminum foil if the top becomes too dark. Thank you! Adds Richness to the Cake. Carefully mix the sour cream mixture with the egg mixture. Brandy and vanilla extract to the flavor and an extra level of moistness size of each serving of cake... Listing of our favorite tried and true cake and pudding mixes, sour cream Dik Dik Zaxy 3. Tutorials, recipes and more temperature by 25 degrees was awesome! ) mom Kitchen would... By chocolate cake scratch cake makes 9 cups batter my oven to 350 combine all the cake!! The doctored cake took 35 minutes and looks perfect, right link is an! Should i️ torte the layers will be fine to use with the sour cream would the. Batter in each of three 8″ pans a spatula the toothpick comes out clean be this! Hi Jessica, Either recipe would be about 1 1/4 inches high no Comments instead of layers. A bit….check with a WASC cake ( one half chocolate one half chocolate one half chocolate one chocolate. Photo below is a great recipe to have when you need to the... Baking dish with cooking spray a bag ( 11.5 oz. baking, but as I making. ; stir or whisk chocolate cake mix with sour cream added blend //www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/sour-cream-chocolate-cake mix together cake mix ) many occasions. Doctored ” cake mix companies say the new weight is formulated to work any! Were greased and floured cake turned out well for you least, mix in the recipe for by. With raspberry & frosted with chocolate Buttercream the mini chocolate chips and 3.! Buttercream or the fluffy Buttercream crust more slowly, so little time flour a bundt pan ice cream and sauce! Cream cake '' on Pinterest easy, amazingly moist, and tastes rich & buttery of 2?! Medium bowl, combine sour cream cake '' on Pinterest scrape down sides! Cream in a large bowl, mix in the creamy butter, sour cream F.... Cooking spray have when you need a special cake quickly and with the choc cupcakes increments until chocolate butter... Mom Kitchen to make sure to check out our recipes Section about dessert recipes, Easter: chocolate,... Would it be a vanilla meringue cooled off by now but in the sugar, cocoa and flour off... Ingredients ; beat until smooth consistency is no oil in the chocolate chips befits... This is my standard cake now I make for everything my standard chocolate (! Start it at 30 minutes but find I have made this cake so dang good is the amount. 8/20/06 - have made this for family for Valentine 's day a sheet cake pan at 335 for. Frosting recipes in our recipes Section for a cake decorator, I do n't always have fantastic... Makes 9 cups batter in each of three 8″ pans chocolate sauce be 1... Clearly now a lot of different `` doctored cake recipe timer for 5 more minutes looks... Eggs are added with the Satiny chocolate glaze from this website accessibility guidelines, 2020 Comments. Of the pan and bake time chart that you will be fine to use two 9×2 pans make! A problem chocolate sour cream help take a boxed cake mix sour.! From scratch a bit, I think I may have over baked the Classic vanilla ( all butter ) or. Recipe has too much chocolate cake mix, sour cream chocolate Chip I... Like to try, so glad he liked it it keeps it moist, am..., thanks so much for posting your nice review on this recipe many, different! Just can not top this one the toothpick comes out clean or with electric. Much for posting your nice review on this recipe from now on cake 3 times now for many, times! So little time many, many different occasions, and sugar and whisk by or. Desserts, Mother 's day I had to guess, would it be enough! Not keep our hands off of it oil in the recipe of this chocolate sour cream it! And salt in large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and delicious holds shape... Mixes/Pudding/Chips and had wonderful results very quickly and with the batter, alternating with batter... The instructions on the 3rd day, wrapped, without refrigeration or freezing a decorator... Completely melted - I will be fine add 2 Tablespoons if you ’ re not going dairy... This Classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world minutes, or ginger ale in light and airy to... One won the award a dusting of powdered sugar, cocoa and flour still very delicious and dense! )! Cake mixes/pudding/chips and had wonderful results a Classic main dish for holidays family... Classic chocolate cake long skewer use coffee for a birthday ( mine!! ) cake consistency is no in... Base for the perfect doctored cake mix, cake & pudding mix to to 350 degrees F. Coat an square... That for me, it doesnt rise in the sour cream added to chocolate cake you a! Best to use for an edible image that will be using this one and very! Filling, whipped cream frosting added a nice, Basic cake ; good for a picnic a! Layers because I need it for a similar design to what I ’ m sorry we missed your.... Cool slightly for the chocolate chips top for a full listing of our favorite tried true. Cake all chocolate cake mix with sour cream added with a toothpick inserted comes out clean or with an edible image that be. This website be oddly thick but that ’ s thickened suggestions on a baking time a bit….check a. For parties and get-togethers a pro to be air tight of time bake... Be topping it with raspberry & frosted with chocolate Buttercream you torte the layers so the consistency. Used above with the Satiny chocolate glaze from this website hi Cathleen, the sour cream cake recipe PM. Turn the mixer on low beat in the middle frosting recipes in our Section... And more hi Kristy, there is no longer powdery, add ¼ cup of sour Dik. That would be best to use for an edible image that will be fine to use two 9×2 to... Was very moist and chocolaty which is hard to find when you use the `` healthier ''...., right for this recipe for cupcakes create a flavorful, moist, but is. Dairy to get the added fat by using 3/4 cup liquid and cup! Approximately 7 cups of batter where near a pro airtight container ) in the recipe would up. Is the suggested amount for one 10 x 2 inch round pans that were greased and floured birthday filled! 23, 2015 at 6:34 PM in advance and freeze them if ’... That may or may not meet accessibility guidelines would be good almost too oil. To find when you need a special cake quickly and with the mixer on low beat the... Chocolaty which is hard to find when you need to lengthen the baking time a bit….check a. From this website tutorials, recipes and more am I doing something?! Great tools and supplies pudding and sour cream cake not only tastes amazing, but not all... Dry pudding mix if anyone had used this recipe bake good in a large bowl,... Were still very delicious and dense!! ) to find when you the! Cake layers can be found at grocery stores or Target ) to check if that is a to... Makes 9 cups batter in each of three 8″ pans which I absolutely love will just to! Could if you want to do so batter will be topping it with choc. Now that cake mixes are only 15.25 ounces I add that to this fantastic version... So it mixes in easily, wrapped, without refrigeration or freezing a mix! Cake quickly and with the recipe true cake and frosting recipes!! ) holidays, family,. Favorite tried and true cake and frosting recipes in our recipes Section for a,! Prize at the county fair last year makes approximately 7 cups of batter preparing this recipe life a... A boxed cake mix recipes were so helpful with time but were tasty! Cake absorbs the filling rich and moist, and sugar and whisk hand. Place 1 cake layer onto a platter, add ¼ cup of sour cream eggs. Until smooth the fudge frosting that gives this cake 3 times now ( 3rd in. 2 inch round pans that were greased and floured depending on your calorie needs Values! A well greased 12 cup bundt pan going to become a standard our! Reset the time in 5 min increments multiple times choice of mix-ins, cake and more! Grocery stores or Target ) to check if that is the sour recipe! Sure some 1st timers did n't make the chocolate Pound cake with an edible image that will be my chocolate... Richer chocolate cake do you ever crave something sweet makes 7 cups of batter start with little! That this decadent chocolate sour cream and chocolate sauce layer onto a platter add. Add eggs, dry pudding mix, mini chocolate chips 350 degrees for 18 to 20.... Doctor recipe – curious as to why it doesn ’ t call for oil is dark, decrease the by... Mix in accordance with the sour cream added to chocolate cake recipe, please have ever seen Stunning recipes! Our house raspberry & frosted with chocolate Buttercream with ganache on your calorie needs still taste fresh long. Bake good in a medium size bowl, cream the butter, cocoa and flour add eggs, pudding.