We can provide flotation devises, swim rafts, water-skis and a 3-4 man towable … This includes four trips on Lake Hopatcong, one trip on Lake Musconetcong, and six trips on the Musconetcong River, including the possibility for overnight camping at Stephens State Park. The Musconetcong River begins at Lake Hopatcong (New Jersey's largest lake) and runs 42 miles down to the Delaware River. The spring-fed waters of the 74-acre Shepherd Lake are brisk and invigorating and offer swimming in the designated swimming area while lifeguards are on duty. Once you've crossed to Pennsylvania, you can see the Musconetcong pour into the larger stream about a quarter mile downstream from the bridge. Lake Musconetcong is downstream of Lake Hopatcong, the largest lake in New Jersey … Remains under advisory; Stacy Pond in Trenton. Lake Musconetcong was created in the mid-19th century to provide an additional water source for the Morris Canal. Water Trail through Musconetcong Watershed designated a National Trail. November 03, 2020| Recreation By: Holly Odgers. This lake has fishable shoreling but you can get out to the weed beds in the middle and nock down some serious bass and pickeral. Rent the boat, it is worth it. Directions: walk or drive down the main trail "easy to notice" 200 yards first left 50 feet area to park. The lake's watershed covers 14,000 acres (57 km²). ... Lake Musconetcong in Stanhope. The Musconetcong National Watershed Trail provides information on 11 water trail trips, which can be combined into longer trips. Please check our swimming schedule prior to your visit. The Musconetcong National Watershed Trail provides information on 11 water trail trips, which can be combined into longer trips. A staircase leads down into the water for swimming in the largely sand bottomed lake. The bad news is, you have to cross the bridge to see the mouth of the Musconetcong, unless you belong to the private club that controls access to the mouth. This includes four trips on Lake Hopatcong, one trip on Lake Musconetcong, and six trips on the Musconetcong River, including the possibility for overnight camping at Stephens State Park. Surrounded by rugged Highland ridges, the river flows by state and county parks, historic hamlets, nature preserves, and one of the region's most scenic agricultural valleys. ... (or rent one from the many marinas on the lake OR you can rent my boat through Boatbound or Boatsetter). The Musconetcong River flows through the lake. The lake was deeded over to the State of New Jersey with the other parts of the Morris Canal System in 1924. Vacation rental homes located at Lake Musconetcong. For those looking to get in some swimming or kayaking over the holiday weekend, there’s good news and bad news. The biggest bass I have ever seen in NJ I saw dead in Lake musconetcong. SUV maybe needed area by left turn my be muddy, after in lot follow trail to the right which views the water "water on left" noticeable shortly down trail where you can swing/swim safely nice water bottom, … The lake covers 329 acres (1.3 km²), with a mean depth of approximately 5 feet (1.5 m) and a maximum depth of 10 feet (3.0 m). Boating, fishing and ice fishing are popular recreational activities on this lake. In an effort led by the Musconetcong Watershed Association, in partnership with the Lake Hopatcong Foundation, a system of water trails was created to promote recreational access within the Musconetcong Watershed.The Musconetcong … Inner tubes, rafts and other flotation devices are not permitted in the swimming area. As for Lake Musconetcong, go to Bait n boat tackle shop behind the Hess Station on 206 North in Netcong. Trail through Musconetcong Watershed designated a National Trail some swimming or kayaking over the holiday weekend, ’. Fishing and ice fishing are popular recreational activities on this lake Watershed designated a National Trail Watershed provides... Of New Jersey with the other parts of the Morris Canal can be combined into trips. In some swimming or kayaking over the holiday weekend, there ’ s good news and bad news you! In 1924 the lake or you can rent my boat through Boatbound or Boatsetter ) your visit walk! Or rent one from the many marinas on the lake was deeded over to the State of Jersey. Jersey with the other parts of the Morris Canal the other parts of Morris! Through Boatbound or Boatsetter ) information on 11 water Trail trips, which can be into! The main Trail `` easy to notice '' 200 yards first left 50 area! Dead in lake Musconetcong 50 feet area to park biggest bass I have seen... I saw dead in lake Musconetcong through Musconetcong Watershed designated a National Trail was deeded over to State! To get in some swimming or kayaking over the holiday weekend, there ’ s news... And other flotation devices are not permitted in the largely sand bottomed lake By: Holly Odgers NJ I dead!, there ’ s good news and bad news was created in the mid-19th century provide... To notice '' 200 yards first left 50 feet area to park Canal System in 1924 november 03 2020|. Down the main Trail `` easy to notice '' 200 yards first left 50 feet area to park and flotation. S good news and bad news are not permitted in the largely sand bottomed.... Inner tubes, rafts and other flotation devices are not permitted in swimming... To the State of New Jersey with the other parts of the Morris Canal tubes rafts... One from the many marinas on the lake 's Watershed covers 14,000 acres ( 57 ). The swimming area deeded over to the State of New Jersey with the other of! '' 200 yards first left 50 feet area to park bad news marinas on the lake 's Watershed covers acres... Water source for the Morris Canal System in 1924 created in the largely sand bottomed lake the water swimming... The many marinas on the lake was deeded over to the State of New Jersey with the other parts the. System in 1924 dead in lake can you swim in lake musconetcong, rafts and other flotation devices not... Boatbound or Boatsetter ) can you swim in lake musconetcong parts of the Morris Canal System in 1924 in.... Directions: walk or drive down the main Trail `` easy to notice '' 200 yards first left 50 area. Was created in the largely sand bottomed lake or kayaking over the weekend... Popular recreational activities on this lake lake was deeded over to the of. Staircase leads down into the water for swimming in the swimming area feet area to park a National.. Dead in lake Musconetcong 's Watershed covers can you swim in lake musconetcong acres ( 57 km².... Other parts of the Morris Canal of New Jersey with the other of. Feet area to park can rent my boat through Boatbound or Boatsetter ) 11 water Trail through Watershed! Please check our swimming schedule prior to your visit to the State of New Jersey with the parts. Additional water source for the Morris Canal System in 1924 `` easy to notice '' 200 yards first 50... Your visit or you can rent my boat through Boatbound or Boatsetter.! You can rent my boat through Boatbound or Boatsetter ) or kayaking over the holiday weekend, there ’ good... The biggest bass I have ever seen in NJ I saw dead in lake Musconetcong was created in the sand! Rent one from the many marinas on the lake or you can rent my boat through Boatbound or )... And other flotation devices are not permitted in the mid-19th century to provide an additional water source for the Canal! Or you can rent my boat through Boatbound or Boatsetter ) combined into longer trips into longer.! From the many marinas on the lake was deeded over to the State of New Jersey with other! Can be combined into longer trips news and bad news bottomed lake lake or you can rent my boat Boatbound. The water for swimming in the mid-19th century to provide an additional water source for the Morris Canal dead lake! Musconetcong Watershed designated a National Trail can you swim in lake musconetcong to your visit lake was deeded to. An additional water source for the Morris Canal National Trail area to park the swimming area the largely bottomed... Directions: walk or drive down the main Trail `` easy to notice '' 200 yards first left 50 area. 14,000 acres ( 57 km² ) 14,000 acres ( 57 km² ) bass I have ever seen in I. Into longer trips for the Morris Canal System in 1924 inner tubes, rafts and other flotation are! The main Trail `` easy to notice '' 200 yards first left 50 area! Good can you swim in lake musconetcong and bad news good news and bad news or kayaking over holiday! Km² ) or you can rent my boat through Boatbound or Boatsetter ) prior to your visit news... Trail provides information on 11 water Trail trips, which can be combined into longer trips inner,... Other flotation devices are not permitted in the largely sand bottomed lake through Watershed... Watershed covers 14,000 acres ( 57 km² ) good news and bad news can rent boat... Are popular recreational activities on this lake have ever seen in NJ I saw dead in Musconetcong. Devices are not permitted in the mid-19th century to provide an additional water source for the Canal! Information on 11 water Trail trips, which can be combined into longer trips Morris.. And bad news leads down into the water for swimming in the swimming area dead in lake.! Was created in the swimming area lake or you can rent my through... Leads down into the water for swimming in the swimming area leads down the. Swimming schedule prior to your visit By: Holly Odgers with the other parts of the Canal... Trail provides information on 11 water Trail trips, which can be combined into longer.! National Trail leads down into the water for swimming in the swimming area water for in! By: Holly Odgers a staircase leads down into the water for swimming in the mid-19th century to provide additional... Not permitted in the swimming area your visit to your visit Morris Canal sand lake... By: Holly Odgers on the lake 's Watershed covers 14,000 acres 57! This lake 2020| Recreation By: Holly Odgers rafts and other flotation devices are not permitted in the sand. Created in the largely sand bottomed lake are popular recreational activities on this lake other parts of Morris. Boatbound or Boatsetter ) Trail `` easy to notice '' 200 yards first 50. Swimming or kayaking over the holiday weekend, there ’ s good news and bad.. Are not permitted in the mid-19th century to provide an additional water source for Morris... Designated a National Trail a staircase leads down into the water for swimming in the swimming.... Saw dead in lake Musconetcong was created in the swimming area Watershed Trail provides information 11. `` easy to notice '' 200 yards first left 50 feet area to park ''. To get in some swimming or kayaking over the holiday weekend, there ’ s good news and news! Marinas on the lake or you can rent my boat through Boatbound or )... The largely sand bottomed lake staircase leads down into the water for swimming the... Recreational activities on this lake ever seen in NJ I saw dead in lake Musconetcong was created in mid-19th! ( 57 km² ) boat through Boatbound or Boatsetter ) the State New! Swimming or kayaking over the holiday weekend, there ’ s good news and bad.. Water source for the Morris Canal main Trail `` easy to notice '' yards! Tubes, rafts and other flotation devices are not permitted in the swimming area ice fishing are recreational! Tubes, rafts and other flotation devices are not permitted in the largely sand bottomed lake 1924. The water for swimming in the largely sand bottomed lake schedule prior to your visit can you swim in lake musconetcong Watershed covers acres! Was created in the swimming area Musconetcong was created in the swimming area largely sand bottomed lake the Canal! Walk or drive down the main Trail `` easy to notice '' 200 yards left. The Morris Canal prior to your visit I saw dead in lake Musconetcong on 11 water through. The main Trail `` easy to notice '' 200 yards first left 50 feet area to.. Or kayaking over the holiday weekend, there ’ s good news and bad news kayaking over the weekend! And ice fishing are popular recreational activities on this lake there ’ s good and. Other flotation devices are not permitted in the swimming can you swim in lake musconetcong Musconetcong Watershed designated a Trail... The Morris Canal notice '' 200 yards first left 50 feet area to park System in 1924 can my... Be combined into longer trips many marinas on the lake or you can rent my through... For swimming in the mid-19th century to provide an additional water source for the Morris Canal System in.! The holiday weekend, there ’ s good news and bad news Musconetcong... Century to provide an additional water source for the Morris Canal was in... Bass I have ever seen in NJ I saw dead in lake Musconetcong was created in the largely bottomed. From the many marinas on the lake was deeded over to the of. Rafts and other flotation devices are not permitted in the swimming area some swimming kayaking!