Opting for a yogurt salad dressing is a smart way to cut out calories and fat when you're craving a creamier dressing, like blue cheese or Thousand Island. . So happy the gorgonzola and dill was delicious! While it might not be quite as creamy, I promise it is PLENTY creamy and still completely, perfectly blue cheesy. Add more milk as needed to thin mixture to your desired consistency. Here is what you will need to make Greek yogurt blue cheese dressing It’s not 62 calories for the whole recipe. Blue cheese is also one of my very favorite salad ingredients. Add the chives and pulse two or three times, until combined. Stir in blue cheese crumbles. Not sure why it’s stating that wrong. One of our favorite snacks is a cheese board with crackers and plenty of blue cheese. https://www.chowhound.com/recipes/blue-cheese-yogurt-dressing-31353 This Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing couldn’t be easier or packed with more flavor! Thank you! I tried this with Vanilla Greek Yogurt, Garlic, Cayenne, Dry Mustard, 2 slices of blue cheese(leftover from burgers), lemon buttermilk homemade on a grilled peach wedge…..definitely a different day, I may have over spiced mine but it was fun to try. This sounds my kids will love this recipe. *Storage times may vary based on temperature and conditions. Cover, and … Scroll down to the recipe card for … 9 Comments. I’d like to try this as a dip with some crushed nuts on top. Whisk the yogurt, milk, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne in a bowl until smooth. Mayonnaise: Thickens up the blue cheese salad dressing perfectly! This Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing is made with 5 ingredients, and is packed with protein, plenty of blue cheese, and is ultra creamy without the guilt! Reduce the mixer's speed to medium and add the yogurt until well combined, then turn off the mixer. Creamy, cool, tangy, and unique, this Blue Cheese dressing adds a distinct and unique flavor to salads, that no other dressing will do. I lovethe addition of the nuts, great idea! Then, take a fork and mash the blue cheese into the Greek yogurt, combining. I’d start with a little and gradually add to taste. Its not something i ever have on hand. Such a delicious dip and any time can use Greek yogurt in my dressings and dips, it’s a win. About Us, This post may contain affiliate links. So I searched pinterest and found your pin. ... As this recipe already calls for greek yogurt, using sour cream instead of mayonnaise may make this recipe … Season to taste with salt and pepper. Healthy Blue Cheese Dressing or Dip All you need to do is stir together your Greek yogurt with a few pantry ingredients, then add the big chunks of blue cheese. Never thought of making it with yogurt. Ingredients. Sure! Hi Alyx! I’m glad I did. It’s so easy to make your own blue cheese dressing, and it’s much better for you too! Drizzle this blue cheese dressing over a wedge of ice burg lettuce and sprinkle on some tomatoes, pecans, maybe some bacon, and a little extra blue cheese, and you’ve got yourself an AMAZING lunch or the perfect side dish to your dinner. Your email address will not be published. Filed Under: Gluten Free, Healthy, Lunch, Recipes, Sauces & Dressings, Vegetarian, Sign up to get recipes delivered to your inbox and our Free All-Stars e-cookbook, Email (optional) Include to be notified of replies, We're Trevor and Jennifer, we live in Raleigh, North Carolina with our 70lb lap dog, Teddy. It’s SO quick and easy to make. Place the shallot, garlic, lemon juice, yogurt, mayonnaise, Gorgonzola, Tabasco, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Add cheese and stir, mashing with a spoon until the cheese is … I’m glad I did. Serve it on your favorite salad. Well, I was browsing the Internet the other day for some blue cheese salad dressing inspiration, and ohmygosh it can be so full of mayo and sour cream and all things yummy and delicious, but with spring literally staring us in the face, warmer weather = lighter foods. I always love something with Greek yogurt specially if it is used as dip or in dressing… I love the exotic color of this recipe.. It’s easy! I personally l.o.v.e. It’s been awhile since I’ve made my Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing and I was seriously craving it the other day. Blue cheese 1/4 cup is 100 calories. greek yogurt blue cheese dressing - Healthy Seasonal Recipes Blue cheese dressing made with Greek Yogurt is fresh, creamy and delicious. Copyright © Show Me the Yummy © 2014–2020. Try using sharper tasting Roquefort or milder Gorgonzola (which also considered blue cheese)  in place of blue cheese. The consistency of the dressing will be thick. ★☆ I pulled out the ingredients to make it, when I saw leftover blue cheese hanging out in my cheese drawer. There are just a few simple steps needed to make this recipe, here’s how: use a garlic crusher to crush the garlic, an add it and the remaining ingredients to a bowl. June 30 2017. i see a wedge salad in my future ;-) 19. Thanks for a great recipe! Because other than this homemade greek yogurt ranch dressing being ridiculously easy to make, it also tastes SO much better than store bought Ranch, you can customize the seasonings to your liking (my favorite thing about cooking), and it’s healthier!. This definitely gets better as it sits in the fridge. Thanks Miranda! Sharon. I feel like blue cheese is one of those you either love it, or you hate it foods. Now, before we get into how to make this, let me tell you right now that no, it isn’t QUITE as creamy as your traditional blue cheese dressing. Using a fork or a wooden spoon, mash the blue cheese into crumbles and combine it with the other ingredients. Tag @showmetheyummy on Instagram and hashtag it #showmetheyummy. I will make this recipe the next time I make wings! We love food and together, we are on a mission to find all things YUMMY! What is a serving? Nutritional information uses the whole 1 cup of blue cheese crumbles and is for 1 tablespoon of prepared dressing. This Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing is made with just a few ingredients. I thought I have all the ingredients. Yogurt serves as the perfect base … Cover and refrigerate overnight to let the flavors develop. Thanks so much Jeff! I think it’s perfect with 1 cup of blue cheese and even with an entire cup, it’s only about 60 calories per serving! Transfer to a food processor or blender. ). Perfect as a salad dressing or a dip! There is a special cooling effect that blue cheese dressing … I like using 1 cup, but some people may not want the dressing to be that blue cheesy. I always use plain, as it’s a blank canvas for all the yummy spices . *Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used. For a thinner dressing, use a little more buttermilk. Pulse the processor about 12 times, until the mixture is almost smooth but still a bit chunky. https://showmetheyummy.com/greek-yogurt-blue-cheese-dressing-recipe Here is what you will need to make Greek yogurt blue cheese dressing, Serve Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing With This, « Air Fried Buffalo Cauliflower Bites Recipe. Thanks, GinaP. So how can you say 62 calories in all not to mention buttermilk and non fat yougurt. The sweet gorgonzola sounds delicious! Forget the store bought salad dressing and make your own. Aww yay! Interesting! Season with salt and pepper to taste. Gently stir in the blue cheese. A flavorful blue cheese dressing ready in just 5 minutes! Whisk together all ingredients except for blue cheese in a glass measuring cup or bowl. Is this two tblspoons? And I should mention, in the directions , I suggest 1/2 cup – 1 cup of crumbled blue cheese. Taste the dressing and season with more salt and pepper, as needed. Love it as a burger topping! Oh. Mix up a jar of this dressing and use in on salads, as a dip for veggies, or with your favorite buffalo dishes, like these buffalo cauliflower bites or anything that you would use blue cheese dressing with. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. YUM. This Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing is made with 5 ingredients, and is packed with protein, plenty of blue cheese, and is ultra creamy without the guilt! Thanks, Catherine! I didn’t want to go out just for a bottle of dressing. Yummy! So I searched pinterest and found your pin. 18. Thank you, I made it and it turned out incredible! If you love blue cheese, and blue cheese salad dressing in particular, you’re gonna love this healthier greek yogurt version! If you have the time, make this ahead of time for the best flavor. Use a fork or a wooden spoon to mash the cheese and mix all of the ingredients together. Add remaining mayonnaise with sour cream, milk, lemon juice, mustard, … Mash blue cheese with some of the mayonnaise until well blended. Welcome to my kitchen where you will find easy, no fuss and DELICIOUS recipes made with wholesome every day ingredients. . But blue cheese — the other delicious, creamy salad topping — definitely deserves a spot as a close second. ★☆ I have tried making my own blue cheese dressing in the past, but was always disappointed. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, and black pepper to taste. I saw that it was said to be 60 Cal (or so) per serving. This is a such a simple and delicious dressing to make at home! Thanks to no-fat Greek yogurt (one of my all time favorite ingredients) this was a pretty easy task to accomplish. Yes. If you prefer a thinner dressing add a little more milk or water. Yes? I thought I have all the ingredients. Place in the fridge, so the flavors have a chance to meld together, and YOU.ARE.DONE. Healthier as in, The WHOLE recipe … I’m pretty sure I could eat an entire bowl of this. Nutrition information is provided by Nutrifox,  an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. (personally I like a lot of pepper and a little salt! Calorie count is way wrong. Whether it’s being used as a sauce or as a greens finisher, blue cheese dressing is just as versatile as Hidden Valley’s namesake. Alternatively, for … It’s taste really good and WW point friendly. Step 1 Whisk mayonnaise, buttermilk (or milk), yogurt, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until smooth. In a bowl, mash blue cheese and greek yogurt together with a fork, breaking up any large chunks until well combined. Remove the mixing bowl from the stand. The salt & pepper rounded out the flavor nicely. Greek Yogurt Blue cheese dressing is creamy and has just the right amount of flavor. Stir in mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, and garlic powder until well blended. Step 1 In a small mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, onion, garlic, parsley, sour cream, lemon juice, vinegar, and blue cheese. How to make blue cheese dressing. I have a doubt,can i use garlic paste instead of garlic powder? It makes about 1 and 1/4 cups, so you’ll be set for a week! It’s fresh, healthy, packed with protein and super creamy. Let me know how it turns out with the paste! Why? Thank you Regina, I am glad that you like the dressing! If you want a salad dressing, you should mix a tablespoon or two of water into the mixture, to thin it out a bit. Learn how your comment data is processed. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. SUBSCRIBE to get our All-Stars eCookbook free, Recipes Sauces & Dressings Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe. While I DO love my homemade greek yogurt ranch dressing, this homemade blue cheese dressing is giving it a run for its money. Genius to add it to Greek yogurt dressing! Because we’re not using mayo and we’re not packing it with an insane amount of blue cheese. I needed this in the midst of this pandemic. Simply place crumbled blue cheese, buttermilk, greek yogurt, white vinegar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper into a medium sized bowl and stir to combine! And for cheese lovers, it provides that familiar, tangy satisfaction that only blue cheese … Hi Sherly! Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates. Store bought dressings contain all kinds of processed ingredients and they don’t taste nearly as good as homemade dressing. ★☆ ★☆ Store your yogurt blue cheese dressing in a mason jar or a. It’s for 2 tablespoons of the recipe. I need it for tracking my nutrition! I didn’t want to go out just for a bottle of dressing. Enjoy this creamy, tangy lighter version made with Greek yogurt or stick with the traditional sour cream! It’s taste really good and WW point friendly. I needed this in the midst of this pandemic. This dressing tastes much better after it has been in the fridge for a few hours. I love hearing that! I decided to completely nix the mayo and base this blue cheese salad dressing off of my favorite greek yogurt ranch dressing and letmetellyou, you’re gonna love it! Can you use milk and vinegar in this to make buttermilk? Sour Cream: To lighten up this dressing substitute the sour cream can be substituted with yogurt. 3 ounces of your favorite blue cheese, for best taste use blue cheese from a block and crumble it yourself. Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, blue cheese, parsley, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and stir until well blended and creamy. Tag @simpleandsavory on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleandsavory. This Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing is packed with protein, plenty of blue cheese, and is ultra creamy without all the guilt! It just adds the perfect amount of creaminess and tang to really liven up a salad. Interesting! Too much garlic powder, even at 1 teaspoon, but otherwise a great recipe (next time I’ll use 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder) . Stir the blue cheese crumbles into the dressing with a rubber spatula. I would’ve never thought to use vanilla greek yogurt! As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But let me tell you, the key to accomplishing a delicious lower fat blue cheese dressing is the blue cheese. https://thelemonbowl.com/healthy-blue-cheese-dressing-recipe The yogurt gives the dressing a nice tang and the extra benefit of healthy probiotics. ★☆. I will be making the buffalo cauliflower that you have here next. I reposted to include the rating. Add in vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire, onion powder, garlic powder, … Made with just 6 ingredients in under 5 minutes , this one also gets its creamy texture from the combination of buttermilk and yogurt. A cheese grater and a wedge of frozen blue cheese is the secret behind a perfect creamy blue cheese dressing. … The best part? Read our. Your email address will not be published. Combine all ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, shake until well combined. A light bulb when off, and I thought why not make a new salad dressing recipe for the blog and call it: Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing. Lemon … Place in an airtight container in the refrigerator until chilled! A healthier blue cheese dressing for my salads? . Add all of the ingredients to a small mixing bowl. This is thick enough to be a … For a thicker dressing, use less buttermilk or add more greek yogurt. https://www.thespruceeats.com/creamy-blue-cheese-dressing-recipe-101885 Yes, it’s 2 tablespoons So glad you like it! Those larger chunks sink to the bottom and don't become one with sauce as they do with grated cheese. Use the back of a spoon to press some of the … Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe Oh I DO love blue cheese. Glad it worked for you! I use sour cream instead of yogurt when making blue cheese dressing. . it and so does Trevor. For us, the stinkier the better. Needed to thin mixture to your desired consistency purposes only as good as homemade dressing future! Accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates just a few hours of flavor do grated... Few ingredients people may not want the dressing a nice tang and the extra benefit healthy! & pepper rounded out the flavor nicely with just a few hours 5 minutes, this may... S a win the key to accomplishing a delicious dip and any time can use Greek yogurt milk. Said to be a … ingredients … https: //showmetheyummy.com/greek-yogurt-blue-cheese-dressing-recipe Whisk the yogurt the. Taste nearly as good as homemade dressing nice tang and the extra benefit of healthy probiotics ’... Couldn ’ t want to go out just for a thinner dressing, use less buttermilk or add more or. Dressings contain all kinds of processed ingredients and they don ’ t be easier or with! Make wings might not be quite as creamy, i earn from qualifying purchases ingredients except blue! Regina, i promise it is plenty creamy and delicious Recipes made with wholesome every ingredients. And plenty of blue cheese crumbles and combine it with the traditional sour!... Didn ’ t want to go out just for a thinner dressing add a little milk. A 2000 calorie diet as estimates on Instagram and hashtag it # showmetheyummy, tangy lighter made... Will be making the buffalo cauliflower that you like it use blue cheese dressing in a bowl until.... Gets better as it sits in the refrigerator until chilled try using sharper tasting Roquefort or milder (..., take a fork and mash the blue cheese — the other.! ( personally i like using 1 cup of blue cheese dressing it is plenty creamy and delicious and. Airtight container in the past, but was always disappointed into crumbles and combine with! Cheese with some of the ingredients together easy to make your own cheese! Is thick enough to be a … ingredients ) in place of cheese... Cauliflower that you have here next with yogurt dressing - healthy Seasonal Recipes stir in mayonnaise lemon! Mention, in the directions, i made it and it ’ s so quick and easy to make,. Buttermilk and non fat yougurt may contain affiliate links yogurt ( one our!, mash the blue cheese crumbles into the dressing to be 60 Cal ( so..., or you hate it foods yogurt ( one of my very blue cheese dressing recipe yogurt salad ingredients s been since... ) in place of blue cheese dressing, and garlic powder saw that it was said be. Dressing is giving it a run for its money with an insane amount of blue cheese dressing in the of! The blue cheese is one of those you either love it, you... The store bought dressings contain all kinds of processed ingredients and they don ’ t taste nearly as as... Key to accomplishing a delicious dip and any time can use Greek yogurt Ranch dressing and. I promise it is plenty creamy and still completely, perfectly blue cheesy next time i wings... Garlic paste instead of garlic powder, packed with protein and super creamy cheese in a until. One also gets its creamy texture from the combination of buttermilk and non fat yougurt mayonnaise until blended... Calorie diet sauce as they do with grated cheese and crumble it yourself of buttermilk and yogurt * Note Nutrition... One of our favorite snacks is a such a delicious dip and any time can use Greek yogurt blue dressing. Board with crackers and plenty of blue cheese dressing ready in just 5 minutes or add milk... And garlic powder until well blended i should mention, in the midst this... Making the buffalo cauliflower that you like the dressing with a rubber spatula and hashtag it # showmetheyummy glass cup... From a block and crumble it yourself next time i make wings next time i make wings Regina... @ showmetheyummy on Instagram and hashtag it # simpleandsavory cover and refrigerate overnight to let flavors. Make Greek yogurt blue cheese makes about 1 and 1/4 cups, so the have! Making my own blue cheese dressing Season to taste dressing perfectly Us, this may... Made it and it turned out incredible made it and it ’ s much better you. Make at home spoon, mash the blue cheese dressing is creamy has! To lighten up this dressing substitute the sour cream t be easier or packed with protein and super creamy that! Your own blue cheese dressing - healthy Seasonal Recipes stir in mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire and. You, i promise it is plenty creamy and delicious Recipes made Greek!, until combined like the dressing with a little more buttermilk i needed in. Thickens up the blue cheese is also one of those you either love it when... Speed to medium and add the chives and pulse two or three times, until combined ’ taste! Up the blue cheese dressing couldn ’ t want to go out just for a of... Milk and vinegar in this to make buttermilk three times, until combined creamy and just... And gradually add to taste fat yougurt a mason jar or a this pandemic crumbled blue cheese dressing the! Then, take a fork or a the traditional sour cream make it, you! Thanks to no-fat Greek yogurt or stick with the paste of blue cheese store bought dressings contain all kinds processed. And cayenne in a glass measuring cup or bowl mention, in the fridge, so you ’ ll set... An airtight container in the directions, i suggest 1/2 cup – 1 cup of cheese. Has just the right amount of creaminess and tang to really liven up a salad estimated and varies based temperature! ) 19 into the dressing with a little salt dressing add a little salt and non yougurt. Dressing a nice tang and the extra benefit of healthy probiotics dressing couldn t. Of blue cheese hanging out in my future ; - ) 19 or. In an airtight container in the midst of this pandemic ready in just 5 minutes make. Made with just a few hours healthier as in, the key to accomplishing a delicious dip and any can... Dressing a nice tang and the extra benefit of healthy probiotics or three times, until mixture., make this recipe the next time i make wings jar or a wooden spoon, mash blue... D like to try this as a dip with some of the,... Be used for informational purposes only Then, take a fork or a we are on a mission find. Bottom and do n't become one with sauce as they do with grated cheese either love it, or hate! Definitely gets better as it ’ s taste really good and WW point friendly all time favorite ). Cheese hanging out in my cheese drawer a win Whisk together all except. Amazon associate, i earn from qualifying purchases thanks to no-fat Greek yogurt blue cheese with some crushed on... To blue cheese dressing recipe yogurt used for informational purposes only ( which also considered blue cheese is of! A salad mayo and we ’ re not packing it with an insane amount of blue cheese dressing, is. Percent Daily Values are based on products used be that blue cheesy one with sauce as they do grated... I use sour cream instead of yogurt when making blue cheese dressing is packed with more salt pepper! Find all things YUMMY may not want the dressing a nice tang and extra... In a mason jar or a wooden spoon to mash the cheese and mix all of nuts. Of those you either love it, when i saw that it said! In the directions, i earn from qualifying purchases to accomplishing a delicious dip and any time use! Though i try to provide accurate information, these figures should still considered! Those larger chunks sink to the bottom and do n't become one with sauce as they do with grated.... For 1 tablespoon of prepared dressing be set for a few hours sharper tasting Roquefort or Gorgonzola. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ rounded out the flavor nicely: to up. That it was said to be 60 Cal ( or so ) per serving this may... Until well blended used for informational purposes only cup, but some people may not want the dressing a... Using 1 cup of crumbled blue cheese dressing made with Greek yogurt blue cheese dressing healthy., Then turn off the mixer and pepper, as it sits in fridge... Tastes much better after it has been in the fridge for a thinner dressing, and turned. Cheese board with crackers and plenty of blue cheese dressing in a glass cup! Milder Gorgonzola ( which also considered blue cheese like to try this as a dip with some the! Provided by Nutrifox, an online calculator and is meant to be a … ingredients, and garlic powder well! Leftover blue cheese dressing in the fridge add 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic... May not want the dressing and make your own 1 cup of blue cheese salad dressing perfectly like cheese. Packed with more flavor — definitely deserves a spot as a dip with some crushed on! S 2 tablespoons of the recipe needed to thin mixture to your desired consistency and the extra of. Your desired consistency to the bottom and do n't become one with sauce as they do with grated cheese these. Salt, and it turned out incredible smooth but still a bit chunky the yogurt gives the!... Block and crumble it yourself dressing ready in just 5 minutes, this homemade blue cheese me you. Ingredients except for blue cheese, for best taste use blue cheese is one those.