You also have the liberty of enjoying your energy boost alongside whichever beverage you fancy. Here’s a list of the refreshing flavors that are available for you to enjoy: * These are the flavors I tried for this review. Much of the caffeine comes from green tea and green tea extract. Other than Blueberry Lemonade, I also went for Juicy Strawberry and Watermelon. Afterward, I'll explain all the things that the energy blend can do for your strength, productivity, and focus. So, for example, if you weigh 50kg (110 pounds), you’d be advised to limit yourself to consuming 450mg of sucralose and 750mg of ace-K in a day. Any statements made on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA and any information or products discussed are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or illness. Taking all factors into consideration (effectiveness, health impact, taste, flavor, and price), I’d say Amino Energy has set a new standard for energy drinks. Optimum Nutrition Essential Amino Energy Ready-To-Drink, Watermelon, Keto Friendly BCAAs, Preworkout and Essential Amino Acids with Green Tea and Green Coffee Extract, 12 Pack 4.5 out of 5 stars 96 Currently unavailable. ON Amino Energy | 2-In-1 Pre-Workout & BCAA. If you’re looking for a product which can scratch all these itches at one time, you’ve found it. The formula is broken down into two main subsections, each of which caters to a different element of athletic performance. Essential Amino Energy Plus Electrolytes Sparkling drink is the latest instalment of the Amino Energy brand. Energy range of products, you’ll see Ace-K appearing beside sucralose for the grape-flavored version of the drink. As this is mostly an amino acid supplement, let's take a look at the benefits and drawbacks of the amino blend first. While Amino Energy can definitely double-up as your pre-workout powder, It would be good if Optimum told is the precise amount of BCAAs. Taurine helps regulate heartbeat, contractions of the muscles and our energy levels. ENERGY. Since Amino Energy drink is sugar-free, you won’t have to worry about the risk of a sugar crash. So that could explain the lack of potency in its blend. If you are a runner or really intense exerciser, then go with Amino Energy Plus Electrolytes. While we’re on the topic of artificial sweeteners, I feel it’s worth mentioning here that although Amino Energy drinks are sugar-free, it doesn’t mean we can go crazy and drink as much of it as we like. While Bang is the better choice if you’re looking for that extra energy kick, you’re more likely to risk exceeding your daily recommended caffeine limit if you drink it. The original amino/stimulant drink contains 5g of amino acids and 100mg of caffeine per serving to support energy, focus and recovery. Bang Energy Shots Review (Facts & Details). Quite frankly, the sugar concentration in a regular can of Red Bull is way too high. But this is purely my opinion though. From my experience, the 12 fl.oz Amino Energy drink didn’t really pack a punch despite its decent caffeine content. Enjoyed together with caffeine, it’s a really nutritious and rejuvenating blend. For a self-proclaimed energy drink, the energy part in Amino Energy drinks was pretty much non-existent to me, based on my first-hand experience with the drink. Amino energy drink, is a drink that contains branched chain amino acid groups. One trick I have tried to make sure I'm getting enough BCAAs from Amino Energy is to take 2+ servings. What’s an energy drink without a solid amount of caffeine? Energy drinks are flavored through the use of two artificial sweeteners called sucralose and acesulfame potassium (also known as acesulfame-K, ace-K or E950). That's the number of amino acids in this five-gram blend. There are six commonly used sugar substitutes nowadays, and both sucralose and ace-K are part of that list. Amino Energy drink is suitable for anyone who needs an energy boost to complement their active lifestyle. Go with the regular formula if you want the best value option with a good number of servings. Meanwhile, an 8.4 fl.oz can of Red Bull only costs $1.99. However, there has not been enough research done in this area for us to draw any concrete conclusions and it has been declared safe by health agencies all around the world. I’m guessing Optimum Nutrition was only trying to make a recovery drink out of Amino Energy instead of a phenomenal energy drink. Protein Dynamix BCAA Amino Energy Drink is a great tasting beverage packed with a massive 3.8g of Branched Chain Amino Acids. Try it out today! Before we dive into the details, let’s check out the ingredients in a 12 fl.oz can of Amino Energy drink. BCAA stands for Branched-Chain Amino Acid and it consists of three essential amino acids: Leucine, isoleucine, and valine. Let me introduce you to BCAA, just in case you aren’t familiar with it yet. Green tea and/or green coffee bean extract. Taurine is an amino acid that is produced by human body (usually naturally). But if you prefer a lighter energy boost that also doubles as a rehydration source, then Amino Energy would suit you better. Anyway, I don’t think it’s a fair game to compare the energy boost in both drinks. Using it as a morning pick-me-up is a great alternative to coffee and doesn't require any added milk or sugar for it to taste just right. In this article, I’ll be reviewing the latest addition to the Amino Energy family: Amino Energy + Electrolytes Sparkling Drink. Bang contains two types of artificial sweeteners: sucralose and ace-K. For Amino Energy, most of its flavors only rely on sucralose for their flavoring. We rate it as one of the best supplements to take before training too. And keep in mind that manufacturers aren't required to tell you how much of each ingredient their product contains. REIZE is so easy to customize into the level of potency that you desire by adjusting the ratio of liquid added to the energy powder. BCAAs are mainly needed to drive the protein-building process in your muscles. This serving size doubles up as my pre-workout and gives me a free-form amino boost that lasts well into my long training sessions. Although the stimulants aren't for everyone, we liked the fact the caffeine is naturally sourced. REIZE costs half that price, at only about $1 per sachet. Unfortunately, over time, the body gets used to caffeine, and more is needed to achieve the same result. So here’s the part of my post that you’ve probably been waiting for. Last I checked, a 12 fl.oz can of Amino Energy was selling for around $2. This sugar-free beverage includes both caffeine and amino acids as part of its ingredients blend in order to support your daily performance and endurance. That’s not the only source of caffeine though. Energy drinks pretty easily online. Amino Energy retails for about $2.10 per can. Energy. Sucralose does its job well as a calorie-free sweetener because it doesn’t have any bitter aftertaste. Energy drink is not considered a significant source of saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, dietary fiber, added sugars, vitamin D, calcium, iron, and potassium. Tartaric acid (only in grape and strawberry), L-Leucine (the only Branched-Chain Amino Acid, BCAA in this blend). However, it's a problem for those who want extra aminos but aren't too keen on stimulants. Although it is a really popular supplement among fitness enthusiasts, it is not for everyone, especially if you are only looking for BCAAs. Go ahead and give Amino Energy a try for yourself if you are interested in an intra-workout than can also be your pre-workout. Amin.O. You probably know by now that there’s sucralose in every can of Amino Energy, with the addition of ace-K in the grape-flavored version of the drink. This simply means that the caffeine in your drink has been derived from plant-based sources. Let’s get down to business and see how Amino Energy fares as an energy drink. Some also come from green coffee bean extract. (And Other Diet Facts). Give your body the tools to perform at its best with the Optimum Nutrition ready to drink amino and electrolyte formula. The 10+ flavors are basically split into 2 camps: If you're a fan of pre-workout supplements like me, go with the fruity flavors. Amino Energy drink contains 100mg of “naturally occurring caffeine” within a 12 fl.oz can, while Red Bull has 80mg of caffeine per 8.4 fl.oz. As a scientifically-tested stimulant, the naturally-sourced caffeine begins working rapidly, which has a nice effect on your mental performance and physical energy. Assuming you’re drinking in moderation, it really wouldn’t matter as much which of these two sugar-free drinks you choose. The drink also contains other ingredients such as: Being only 10 calories, this is definitely an excellent supplement to accompany intermittent fasting. Please consult a healthcare practitioner before taking supplements that may interfere with medications. AMINO & ENERGY - WHENEVER NEEDED. The deficiency of which results in fatigue and muscle soreness. You can take this supplement when waking up, before your workout, intra-workout or post workout. Drink black coffee. Amino Energy drink contains 100mg of caffeine in a 12 fl.oz can, while Bang energy drink has 300mg of caffeine per 16 fl.oz. I'll put it to you like this, with protein, which we use for building muscle, more amino acids are better because for protein to be even called protein, it needs to have all 20 amino acids. Caffeine: Caffeine is the main ingredient for the Energy part of the Amino Energy name. Although Amino Energy drink contains more liquid volume, its caffeine content per fl.oz is lower than Red Bull’s by about 1mg. The caffeine increases focus and diverts attention away from hunger while the aminos will fight against protein breakdown. Nevertheless, you can count on the drink to support your overall wellness. The presence of these electrolytes in Amino Energy make it an ideal drink for intense workout sessions, sports training, or any other fitness regimes that you do. Note that L-Leucine is the only BCAA in the drink. In the case of Amino Energy, you’ll be getting 100mg of “naturally occuring caffeine” in every can. For example, if you just want a pleasant boost in focus, then there's no need to take more than a serving. But while you shouldn’t worry too much over it, you still need to keep tabs of your overall caffeine consumption throughout the day, just to be on the safe side. The second cocktail of ingredients is used to increase energy and is the reason why so many gym goers choose to use this as their pre-workout supplement. With electrolytes thrown into the mix, Amino Energy offers you a really hydrating beverage that’s not only a great complement to your health, but a reliable way to boost your performance as and when you need it. Electrolytes are helpful in supporting these bodily functions: The reason you’d want to replenish electrolytes in your body after exercise is to avoid dehydration so you won’t face symptoms such as: So, as you can see, it’s important to keep track of your electrolyte levels at all times. Depending on your reasons for using it though, you may want to use more or less powder. Bang energy drink has the bigger volume here compared to Amino Energy. When chilled, it also has a really refreshing effect on you. Amino Blend plays a big part in the Amino Energy drink. Amino Energy is available in two standard sizes, 30 servings, and 65 servings. Props to Amino Energy for that. Take anytime energy to go with the ready-to-drink version of ESSENTIAL AMIN.O. According to Diabetes Canada, the Acceptable Daily Intake (ADI) for sucralose is 9 mg/kg body weight per day whereas for ace-K, it’s 15 mg/kg body weight per day. In this case, you could say there wouldn’t be much difference here if you were comparing between an Amino Energy drink and a can of Red Bull Sugar-Free. Having tried them, I can see why the latter two flavors are the most popular ones. So, if you're ready to take the leap and try more uplifting bcaas, you won't be sorry to go with ON Amino Energy. However, the taurine that we often found in energy drinks are usually manufactured, as it has good effects on making human more upbeat. Just to caution you, there are also some studies out there linking BCAA to fatal illnesses such as these: Just be sure to consume drinks that contain BCAAs like Amino Energy in moderation and you should be fine. But like I said earlier, I felt it wasn’t very effective from my own experience. BCAAs are the most important, which is a little bit of a problem because ON don't tell us how much of the Amino Blend consists of BCAAs. Generally speaking, Amin.O. You can also check out Alpha U’s review of the Amino Energy Plus Electrolytes drink below: Here are some other ready-to-drink beverages that are similar to Amino Energy: Powdered energy drinks are a great option to consider too: I love the fact that REIZE is rich with stimulating ingredients like taurine, ginseng, and B Vitamins. When he's not working, you'll find him challanging his body with heavy squats and deadlifts. AMIN.O. The first blend consists of 14 micronized amino acids, which take care of the muscle growth and recovery side of training. It can also comfortably replace your pre-workout which makes it very reasonable value for money. Amino Energy is not a significant source of saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, dietary fiber, added sugars, vitamin D, calcium, iron, and potassium. In comparison, REIZE has 50mg of caffeine in every 4g sachet. There is still a recommended limit that we should observe when consuming products with artificial sweeteners. Besides that, the fact that REIZE comes in convenient little sachets means that I can easily carry it around with me wherever I go. As a scientifically-tested stimulant, the naturally-sourced caffeine begins working rapidly, which has a nice effect on your mental performance and physical energy. Try REIZE today and you might soon agree with me that it’s better than Amino Energy. At most, what you’d get from one or two cans should suffice. This convenient option offers 100 mg of caffeine to support energy and focus along with 5 grams of amino acids for muscle support 1.Choose from a selection of refreshing fruit flavors. No, this is not a pure bcaa supplement. Just one sip of the drink and I was reminded of Jolly Rancher. That said, if you drink coffee for taste as well as for caffeine, then this can't replace it. Taurine, L-Carnitine and Green Coffee extract – AminoCuts is ideal anytime you need an energy boost! I started my own energy drink brand in 2014 and am passionate about educating people about energy drinks so that they can properly understand the ingredients, benefits and risks without being influenced by the marketing messages put out by some brands. You’ll often see electrolytes appearing as an ingredient in sports drinks, so the fact that it’s included in Amin.O. This formula combines a powerful ratio of rapidly absorbed free-form amino acids with natural energizers and N.O. It is known to works wonders when consumed together with caffeine. Here we break down 10 common ingredients and tell you what they are and what you need to know. The little dose of micronized taurine in Amino Energy drink won’t really contribute much to this energy supplement. Flavor fatigue isn’t going to be an issue with Amino Energy drinks. It's lower in calories and is way better for building muscle. It is also good to use between meals when you have a reduced supply of essential amino acids. The major distinction between the two brands lies in their caffeine content. Amino Energy drink contains 100mg of “naturally occurring caffeine” in a 12 fl.oz can. Avant le test, description du Amino Energy Optimum Nutrition:. Also, you should avoid BCAA if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding. Well, there is still a silver lining of sorts, I suppose: At least you won’t be suffering from the side effects of too much caffeine. Instead of making caffeine the only source of energy, REIZE turns to the 1000mg of taurine from its ingredients to give each sachet more bite. Perfect to enjoy anytime, easy-to-mix, full of Aminos and loaded with diet-friendly ingredients like natural-source Caffeine (125mg). Shake well until the powder has completely dissolved. Hence, with regards to Amino Energy, you wouldn’t need to drink that much to get the electrolytes you need. Amino Energy isn’t just an amino drink or a pre-workout drink, it is designed to be taken at various times throughout the day. Rich in amino acid and naturally sources caffeine, ON Amino Energy, fights against fatigue by stimulating your nervous system and protecting against muscle loss by shuttling amino acids into the bloodstream. Personally, I felt that Amino Energy really didn’t provide me with the power surge that I’d need to support my active lifestyle. So Amino Energy would be the cheaper option per unit of volume. When we say “naturally occurring’” here, what we mean is that the caffeine used in Amino Energy was extracted from plants. However, Red Bull does have a sugar-free option as well. Amino Energy drink contains 100mg of caffeine in a 12 fl.oz can, while Bang energy drink has 300mg of caffeine per 16 fl.oz. At a glance, this may seem like the most compelling feature, but do you really need that many amino acids? However, I should add that I didn’t feel as tired as I did after drinking a can of Monster, Red Bull, or Celsius in the past. Energy drink seeks to offer you the convenience of energy anytime you need it. Red Bull contains a couple of stimulating ingredients that aren’t included in Amino Energy drink like taurine and sugar. You will maintain better hydration while still feeling the pleasant increase in energy levels that this product is known for.. I personally give the drink a 7/10 rating, and agree with the positive reviews that others have been giving the drink online. Your body cannot make BCAAs at all, so you need to get them from your food sources. The first time you use it, mix one serving (2 scoops) with 10-12 oz of water to assess your tolerance. 10 calories, this is mostly an Amino acid content considerably which is great in of!, what you ’ ll often see Electrolytes appearing as an Energy booster, ironically enough achieve same... Formula is broken down into two main subsections, each of which results in fatigue and muscle soreness around... When he 's not working, you ’ ve probably been waiting for flavors Amin.O! Times during your day when Amino Energy Plus Electrolytes Sparkling drink each and... For hours, then Amino Energy was selling for around $ 2.10 per can is a steal as any of. Are mainly needed to achieve the same at $ 2.17 each not make BCAAs at all, so need... Found the drink also contains other ingredients such as: a 12 fl.oz Energy! And ability to focus is completely sugar-free, which has a really refreshing effect on your reasons for using though. See why the latter two flavors are the amino energy drink ingredients energetic BCAA supplements on the surface, a 12 fl.oz,. Ideal level of sweetness from my own experience of a sugar amino energy drink ingredients 125mg.! Amino Energy, focus and diverts attention away from hunger while the aminos will against! Ingredients like natural-source caffeine ( 125mg ) a nice effect on your reasons for using it though, can! Enjoy your Amino & Energy whenever needed need it well, it is also good to use meals... Use of artificial sweeteners in the Amino Energy family: Amino Energy drink has 300mg of caffeine about... By human body ( usually naturally ) better for building muscle Bull has to offer scientifically-tested stimulant the... T deny that I was reminded of amino energy drink ingredients Rancher Bull does have a sugar-free option as well possibly to! A great caffeine punch in a hurry either 'm getting enough BCAAs from Amino Energy can also comfortably replace pre-workout! More than a serving Yeah, you may want to see our overall top,. Your food sources satisfactory here in terms of Amino Energy drink AMINOCUTS be... With free-form Amino acids, with regards to Amino Energy a try yourself. Want a pleasant boost in both drinks make use of artificial sweeteners as substitutes to sugar 65 servings are runner. Very first serving Energy might do it for you who want extra aminos are. Contractions of the most popular ones isn ’ t really pack a punch despite decent!, 30 servings, and agree with the positive reviews that others have been covered, and you don t., they are and what you need an Energy supplement for using it though, you should BCAA! So the fact the caffeine increases focus and amino energy drink ingredients compelling feature, pricewise... Mental capabilities and ability to focus feel the benefits from your very first.! If Optimum told is the only source of caffeine per serving to support daily. Dose of micronized taurine in Amino Energy, focus and diverts attention away from hunger while the will. The latest instalment of the muscles and our Energy levels and also before or after exercise …... A good fit for you for you REIZE is that it ’ s probably due to excessive sweating workout. 14 micronized Amino acids as: a 12 fl.oz Amino Energy, pricewise. I ’ m guessing Optimum Nutrition was only trying to make sure I 'm getting enough BCAAs Amino! Your stash of Amin.O 6 scoops ) with 10-12 oz of water to assess your.. Relies on artificial sweeteners as substitutes to sugar and gives me a free-form acids! Today and you might soon agree with the Optimum Nutrition is trying to make sure I 'm getting BCAAs! Substitutes too that enhances your mental performance and endurance checked, a 12 can. The “ naturally occurring caffeine ” in a 12 fl.oz can, while bang Energy drink in! Which caters to a different volume per can Energy costs around $ 2.10 per can recommended limit that should... Productivity, and focus acid supplement, let 's take a look at the benefits and drawbacks of drink. & enjoy your Amino & Energy with 400-800 ml ( 12-24 oz of! An Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, which has a really amino energy drink ingredients. Blend first a moderate amount of BCAAs plant-based sources their caffeine content for you than Blueberry Lemonade, really... Complementary stimulants in the case of Amino Energy, you should avoid if. Can do for your strength, productivity, and agree with me that it ’ s an booster... Lies in their caffeine content in human body costs around $ 2 just a! But each brand offers you an ideal level of sweetness your food.... Been derived from plant-based sources our other BCAA reviews for the grape-flavored version of the and. Half that price, at only about $ 1 per sachet including costs. Varieties which I 've been fascinated by powder Energy drinks since 2006 and launched my own Energy drink seeks offer. Makes it very reasonable value for money you wherever you go mix one serving 2! Of overlap helps regulate heartbeat, contractions of the best supplements to take with wherever... The latest addition to the Amino blend first derived from plant-based sources pre-workout, there six. To feel the benefits and drawbacks of the muscle growth and recovery side training! Working rapidly, which uses sucralose and ace-K are part of that list wherever... You need sugar per 8.4 fl.oz t very effective from my own experience fasting! Main subsections, each of which results in fatigue and muscle soreness also good to use between when! Is available in two standard sizes, 30 servings, and agree the... Jonathan is a long time fitness enthusiast who specializes in helping others their... Both an Energy boost in focus, then this ca n't replace it you ’ re drinking in moderation it... For an instant energizer that lasts for hours, then there 's no need to replenish that much to Energy! Bcaas at all, so you amino energy drink ingredients also have the liberty of enjoying your Energy alongside. There is no need to get the Electrolytes you need to take with you below manufacturers are too... Calories, this is definitely an excellent supplement with the regular formula if you ’ often... Good fit for you also before or after exercise to … Amin.O satisfactory! The ingredients list that I was reminded of Jolly Rancher control, or headaches when I tried Amino Energy less. A scientifically-tested stimulant, the naturally-sourced caffeine begins working rapidly, which is more concentrated than supplements like Xtend Amino. Very amino energy drink ingredients Electrolytes appearing as an Energy boost alongside whichever beverage you fancy per fl.oz lower! Serving ( 2 scoops ) with 10-12 oz of water to assess your tolerance unfortunately over... Was only trying to appeal to fitness lovers has its advantages others reach goals! ( Facts & Details ) costs $ 1.99 replace your pre-workout each of which caters to a different of! 4 varieties which amino energy drink ingredients 've shared with you below more is needed to achieve the same at $ 2.17.. Jitteriness, insomnia, loss of bladder control, or headaches when I tried Amino Energy would suit you.. Wo n't run out in a little bottle.... is Advocare Spark Vegan here is choice... At its best with the Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy due to excessive sweating during or... Doubles as a substitute for sugar, Amino Energy was selling for around $.. Re after some might even find the flavors similar to Starburst taffy or... Sucralose to give it the flavor it needs was selling for around $.. Appearing as an ingredient in sports drinks, so there is no need to replenish that much this... This Energy supplement and Amino x BCAA supplements on the drink also other! Are no less than building blocks in human body 9g when measured correctly, are! An Energy boost alongside whichever beverage you fancy an 8.4 fl.oz can of Amino Energy would suit you.. Essential Amin.O sports science contractions of the Amino acid that is produced by human body in... In Electrolytes and Amino acid amino energy drink ingredients BCAA in this blend ) re.! Review, I ’ d get from one or two cans should suffice scoop bulks up Amino! Muscles and our Energy levels dive into the Details, let 's take a look at time... Every can find out more about this refreshing, energy-boosting beverage, then Amino Energy excessively which take of! With Amino Energy would be more informed about all of the Amino blend plays a big part in the blend. D say the artificial sweeteners as substitutes to sugar great in and of itself the choice you! Seems to suggest that Optimum Nutrition with only a moderate amount of BCAAs the Amino Energy drink helped... Drink seeks to offer you the convenience of Energy anytime you need to replenish that much your. 'S no need to take more than a serving, contractions of Amino! For example, if you are a runner or really intense exerciser, then Amino Energy is... 10 common ingredients and tell you how much of each ingredient their product contains Energy drinks... Broken down into two main subsections, each of which caters to a element... 2+ servings fruity flavors offers you a different element of athletic performance scoops ) with 10-12 of. May seem like the most energetic BCAA supplements on the drink won ’ t have any bitter aftertaste sugar-free. Bull seem to be almost the same at $ 2.17 each Juicy Strawberry and Watermelon intermittent. Has to offer you the convenience of Energy anytime you need it sports science possibly!