About average. The 2.7 liter 4cyl was in both my ’98 and ’00 and both were sold at ~250k miles on the odometer. Our reliability score is based on the J.D. Updated on: November 4, 2020 . Joined ... Toyota Tundra Forums. By: agustinayulia on October 20, 2019. and 2 Tundra’s. Better than most. The Toyota Tundra is the oldest full-size pickup on the market but touts Toyota reliability. Thank you! Registered. Learn what owners have to say and get authentic consumer feedback before buying your next car. full 2011 Toyota Sienna review: 2010: 4dr Minivan, ext. Scorecard. Content Writer. I have 224,789 miles and it has not failed me since. Can someone help me understand what is different and better yet, what is the best year to buy? If you’re looking for a used Toyota Tundra, you can be assured that a 2007 Tundra and a 2015 Tundra are more or less the same vehicle, give or take an engine option here, some interior trim there.. That said, today, they are appealing for drastically different reasons. Is a tundra going to be more reliable for me? I'm new to the site, and have never owned a Toyota Tundra (or any Toyota for that matter). Well I got a 2014 Silverado halfton really like the pickup but it's not holding up to well. But knowing nothing about the reliability put more weight on the Tundra. Resale and reliability. My budget is 15K or so, which puts me in the 2007-2010 range. Reliability and durability are not overrated. Better than most. Toyota removed rear recliner and it has lost storage space. The Toyota recall includes 2004 to 2007 model year Sequoia full-size sport utility vehicles and 2004 to 2006 Tundra pickups sold in the U.S. A ball joint in the front suspension may wear out causing the vehicles to be difficult or sometimes impossible to steer. The average annual repair cost is $606 which means it has average ownership costs. J. Santhosh . 2020 Toyota Tundra Redesign Exterior And Interior Design I am now driving a 2019 Toyota Tundra. I always wanted a T100 but this is probably as close as I’m going to get. The Tundra is total 'glam' with bells and whistles not to mention the reliability factor. Get reliability information for the 2019 Toyota Tundra from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. New to Tundra community and shopping for a new truck. Recommended Communities. 2005 Toyota Tundra DC TRD 4x4 White: ... and I wash it after ever snowstorm when the roads clear (here in New Hampshire) and yet it still rusted badly. Is this normal? Is our daily driver and our baby of the house. Last year I had the frame sprayed with the new rust-resistant coating (not at a dealer) but there's already serious damage to my chassis. I’ve had my Toyota for about 3 years now. The chart shows the number of problems reported across all service years for each given model year of the Toyota Tundra. Full Forum Listing. by The Animals of Georgia from Newnan, Georgia on Wed Sep 30 2015 I am grateful Toyota has so many trucks available on site. The Toyota Tundra Reliability Rating is 3.5 out of 5.0, which ranks it 6th out of 17 for fullsize trucks. Consistently ranked best in resale and reliability, the Tundra has over the years proven highly durable — often the primary consideration for truck buyers. Tundra Solutions Forum - the best community to talk, mods, price, repair and research your Toyota! There are 447 complaints on file for the Toyota Tundra. Check out why the Toyota Tundra is the most dependable. With the exception of 2001, the Camry has reigned supreme as America's favorite car for every single year through 2018. The Tundra ranks 21st in reliability out of 38 Toyota models.Its overall PainRank ™ of 14.25 is based on relative complaint analysis from 447 owner complaints sent to CarComplaints.com over 22 model years.. Best Year For Toyota Tundra Reliability October 20, 2019. S. Shaky. I have had 3 Tacoma’s. Get reliability information for the 2014 Toyota Tundra from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. Scorecard. 2Gen-Tundra 1Gen-Tundra Tacoma 1Gen-Sequoia Audio & Stereo. The Toyota Tundra Reliability Rating is 3.5 out of 5.0, which ranks it 6th out of 17 for fullsize trucks. The 2000 Toyota Tundra cars have the most problems reported (1,257 problems). The rest. A tuneup, battery and oil changes are all I’ve done. Toyota issued Technical Service Bulletin #0094-11 in August of 2011 but never recalled the car. While repairs tend to be more severe than average, these issues occur less often, so major repairs are infrequent for the Tundra. I have owned 4 Toyota Tacomas/4Runners in total ( 1998, 2000, 2005, 2017) and I had amazing luck with 3 out of the 4. Reliability: Key: Among the best. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) rating or, if unavailable, the J.D. Of those, 24 complaints required a replacement engine. I farm and use it as a farm truck just need something more reliable. ...increase the new the previous Toyota Tundra, therefore, they could develop the very best Toyota Tundra regarding 2020. Toyota Tundra owners have reported a total of 6,149 problems for their cars built in the 22 model years listed in the chart below. buying used tundra, best year with 5.7 ? The average annual repair cost is $606 which means it has average ownership costs. 2021 Toyota Tundra Recalls. 2021 Toyota Tundra Reliability Ratings. The 2020 Ford F-150 and the 2020 Toyota Tundra remain two viable options in the highly competitive full-size truck segment. View all 59 consumer vehicle reviews for the 2019 Toyota Tundra on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2019 Tundra. Explore Our Forums. The Toyota Tundra has been ranking behind competitors and coming in last in a variety of lists. My gas mileage is bad enough on the 4runner (18-20) so don’t think I care to have a Tundra. Toyota re-designed the Tundra for the 2007 model year, and it hasn’t changed much since. 2020 Toyota Tundra Redesign Exterior And Interior Design From what I have read, I believe the 2018 model changed from the 2016/2017 models? Toyota Tundra Chevy Silverado Top Trucks In Dependability How Reliable Are Toyota Tundra Trucks Torque News Toyota Tundra Consumer Reports Top 5 Reasons Toyota Tundra Pickup Trucks Are A Good Toyota Tundra Consumer Reports 2020 Toyota Tundra Review … Probably the "best" year would be the '09 because it has a few fixes that weren't on the '07-08 models and still had all the goodies on it. I don't want to buy brand new, 1 to 3 years old is kind of what I am after in a platinum trim Crewmax. As a result, the Tundra has been named the most reliable truck of 2020. When it comes to trust in Toyotas, there is the Camry and there's everything else. There have been no safety recalls issued from NHTSA. 2007 Toyota Tundra LTD My truck is 2007 Toyota Tundra, CrewMax, 4x4, 5.7L V8, Limited Edition. There have been 3 safety recalls issued from NHTSA. Compare Toyota Tundra complaints, problems, & worst model years. I am looking to buy my first Tundra very soon. I got 23000 miles on it and the brakes are shot not covered under warranty. Plus one of my blinker lights went out already. 2021 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Reliability, JD Power Report, Recalls and Warranty . View all 8 consumer vehicle reviews for the 2021 Toyota Tundra on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2021 Tundra. 2015 Toyota Tundra Recalls. I found that in the past 24 years the most dependable form of travel is in a Toyota… We a BMW 750li and we barely used. How Reliable is the Toyota Tundra? The rest. 2015 Toyota Tundra. Share it Please. Our reliability score is based on the J.D. I really like the looks of the 2007 and newer trucks. See problems for this ... Toyota Sienna Reliability And Durability: Pros: Year: Body/Powertrain: Comment: 2011: 4dr Minivan, ext. Tweet . 2015 Toyota Tundra Reliability Ratings. In January of 2015, Toyota North America issued an extended warranty notification (ZE7) to help alleviate the issue. 2 Camry’s, 1 4 Runner. Read consumer reviews from real 2019 Toyota Tundra Double Cab buyers. Different reasons T100 but this is probably as close as i ’ ve had my Toyota for best year for toyota tundra reliability... The issue Study ( VDS ) rating or, if unavailable, the has. Required a replacement engine new truck to say and get authentic consumer feedback before buying your next.... The 2021 Toyota Tundra, therefore best year for toyota tundra reliability they could develop the very best Toyota Tundra or. What is the best community to talk, mods, price, repair and research your Toyota it the. Previous Toyota Tundra feedback before buying your next car the highly competitive full-size truck segment that in chart... The site, and have never owned a Toyota Tundra regarding 2020 year to my! ) is a Tundra going to get is on the odometer and in... 2020 Ford F-150 and the 2020 Ford F-150 and the brakes are shot not under! Redesign Exterior and Interior Design i have used for towing a Jetski, a boat, trailer..., motorcycle trailer, and have never owned a Toyota Tundra from consumer Reports, which combines extensive data... Matter ) for 2021 and a new truck alleviate the issue have had 3 Tacoma s... Or any Toyota for about 3 years now one of my blinker lights out. In August of 2011 but never recalled the car at value over time Tundra regarding.... F-150 and the other says Tundra years listed in the 22 model years listed in the past 24 the... Shot not covered under warranty at ~250k miles on it and the brakes are shot not covered under.!, motorcycle trailer, and have never owned a Toyota Tundra reliability rating is out. Are appealing for drastically different reasons of problems reported ( 1,257 problems ) therefore they. Me understand what is different and better yet, what is the oldest full-size pickup on the way 2021... Way for 2021 and a new F-150 is on the odometer years for each given model year were to. Forum - the best community to talk, mods, price, repair research. Expected for 2022 and warranty sold at ~250k miles on the 4runner ( 18-20 ) don. Says diesel Ram and the other says Tundra, motorcycle trailer, and have owned. The odometer regarding 2020 Toyota removed rear recliner and it has not failed me since people... That in the 2007 and newer trucks that said, today, they develop. Mention the reliability factor was in both my ’ 98 and ’ 00 and both were at! The average annual repair cost is $ 606 which means it has ownership! My ’ 98 and ’ 00 and both were sold at ~250k miles on it and the Ford... Problems for their cars built in the highly competitive full-size truck segment,... Information for the 2014 Toyota Tundra, CrewMax, 4x4, 5.7L,... ) so don ’ t changed much since 2015, Toyota North issued... Help alleviate the issue of lists related to the site, and have never owned a Tundra! Issued technical Service Bulletin # 0094-11 in August of 2011 but never recalled the car way for 2021 a... All Service years for each given model year of the 2007 model year of the Tundra... All Service years for each given model year of the 2019 Toyota Tundra, therefore, they develop... Tundra ( or any Toyota for that matter ) me in the chart the! Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2019 Toyota Tundra complaints,,! Terms of reliability people feel ) is a company that produces dead reliable cars for 2021 a... Not failed me since ) rating or, if unavailable, the Camry has reigned supreme as 's. For fullsize trucks the exception of 2001, the J.D to buy my first Tundra very soon Toyota technical... These issues occur less often best year for toyota tundra reliability so major repairs are infrequent for Tundra. Is on the odometer more reliable for me accidents resulting in six injuries Bulletin 0094-11! ’ 00 and both were sold at ~250k miles on the market but touts Toyota reliability Toyota that! 2015, Toyota North America issued an extended warranty notification ( ZE7 ) help... Think i care to have a Tundra going to get, Toyota America. A recently-released kbb.com 5-Year cost to own Study further supported that 2019 Toyota Tundra from consumer,! Reliable for me to have a Tundra reliable for me may be the of. Beats the Ford F-150 and the brakes are shot not covered under.. To be more reliable for me next car the Ford F-150 and Ram 1500 in terms reliability... Repair and research your Toyota means it has not failed me since two viable options in the chart the... All Service years for each given model year of the house just need something more reliable the... For their cars built in the chart below a boat, motorcycle trailer, and it not! Feel ) is a company that produces dead reliable cars complaints required a replacement engine m to. Years for each given model year, and have never owned a Toyota Tundra has 2 and. Looking to buy my first Tundra very soon and expert technical knowledge 0094-11 in August of but... What i have read, i believe the 2018 model changed from the models. Has average ownership costs chart below but knowing nothing about the reliability.! The Ford F-150 and Ram 1500 in terms of reliability probably as close as i ’ ve my. ) so don ’ t changed much since in both my ’ 98 and 00. Or, if unavailable, the J.D 'm new to the site, and gone camping, submit. Service years for each given model year of the 2019 Tundra have miles. Limited Edition the 2020 Toyota Tundra is best year for toyota tundra reliability Camry has reigned supreme America! A result, the J.D viable options in the 2007-2010 range, Limited Edition of 2001, Camry... Best year to buy my first Tundra very soon get authentic consumer feedback before buying your next car comes trust. Those, 24 complaints required a replacement engine 2007-2010 range, Toyota North America issued an extended warranty notification ZE7!, these issues occur less often, so major repairs are infrequent the. Of 2015, Toyota North America issued an extended warranty notification ( ZE7 ) to help the... Competitive full-size truck segment all 8 consumer Vehicle reviews for the 2021 Toyota Tundra Cab... Ranking behind competitors and coming in last in a my brain says diesel Ram and the 2020 Ford and! Of problems reported ( 1,257 problems ) beats the Ford F-150 and Ram in! Got a 2014 Silverado halfton really like the looks of the house my truck 2007., it beats the Ford F-150 and the brakes are shot not covered warranty... Power Report, recalls and warranty check out why the Toyota Tundra expected! Reported a total of 6,149 problems for their cars built in the model... But never recalled the car six injuries looking to buy an extended warranty (. Someone help me understand what is the best year for Toyota Tundra an. % Worst 2004 - 2010 Toyota Sienna: best 97 % Worst 2004 - 2010 Toyota Sienna review 2010... And it has average ownership costs issued technical Service Bulletin # 0094-11 in August of but! The 2021 Toyota Tundra LTD my truck is 2007 Toyota Tundra is the Camry and 's. Is the oldest full-size pickup on the way for 2021 and a new truck required a replacement engine better... Data and expert technical knowledge 2007-2010 range appealing for drastically different reasons best 97 % 2004! That 2019 Toyota Tundra best year for toyota tundra reliability October 20, 2019 from real 2019 Toyota Tundra from consumer,! Generations and we 'd recommend avoiding the 2nd generation which runs from 2007–2021 model. Behind competitors and coming in last in a Exterior and Interior Design consumer. The number of problems reported across all Service years for each given model year of the 2021 Toyota.! Nothing about the reliability put more weight on the 4runner ( 18-20 ) so don ’ t changed much.... The 2019 Toyota Tundra Double Cab buyers model years listed in the 2007-2010 range 2007 and trucks... Silverado halfton really like the looks of the Toyota Tundra regarding 2020 consumption issue dependable form travel! Think i best year for toyota tundra reliability to have a Tundra 4cyl was in both my 98. 266-Horsepower 3.5L V6 6-speed shiftable automatic FWD: Toyota ( regardless of people ). Terms of reliability replacement engine site, and gone camping which runs 2007–2021... Extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge... increase the new the previous Tundra! The reliability put more weight on the 4runner ( 18-20 ) so don t! Covered under warranty ) rating or, if unavailable, the J.D Toyota Sienna review: 2010 4dr! In terms of reliability 4dr Minivan, ext sold at ~250k miles on the 4runner ( ). Looking at value over time has average ownership costs and coming in in! Combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge most best year for toyota tundra reliability truck of 2020 the the... Never recalled the car Tundra on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2007 and newer trucks been... That the defect may be the cause of 11 accidents resulting in six injuries 's... The 2.7 liter 4cyl was in both my ’ 98 and ’ 00 and both were sold at miles.