ASUS’s famous built-in network monitoring feature was commonly known as AiProtection. Reported by Cybersecurity Ventures, the cost of cyber threats will rise approximately to $6 trillion annually by the year 2021. As for the positive side, these devices can simplify and speed up the task by giving a greater level of usability and accessibility. Infected Device Prevention and Blocking – No infected device found in my network. Please choose to accept or block cookies by accessing the options on the left column. As an example, when I click on the ‘No‘ indicator of WPS feature, it directs me to Wireless > WPS page to disable the feature to further secure my home network.However, in some cases, most network experts, and gamers might need to enable port forwarding feature for your special needs, and, still, the AiProtection will protect your device from the attacks from the … The technique to do that is simple and works for most users. Dies verspricht zumindest ASUS. Buy ASUS Lyra Voice Home Mesh WiFi System AC2200, Tri-Band, AiProtection Security by Trend Micro, Parental Control, Amazon Alexa Built-in, Bluetooth, Two 8W Stereo Speakers with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Let’s move to our agenda today. Just stamp on the router. If the indicators shows green, then, your home network is safe from the internet and, if any, of the security settings shows red in color, then, the user can review them by clicking the “No” link, by which, links to the directed setting page for further configuration change. This site uses cookies. The RT-AC88U also includes Asus' trademark AiProtection security and parental control feature which lets you easily choose from pre-set options to filter any and all content that you might consider inappropriate, and best of all you don't need to pay an extra monthly fee to keep these filers up to date. ASUS Official Store | Free Shipping and Financing Available US Networking, ASUS RT-AX86U AX5700 Dual Band + WiFi 6 Gaming Router, 802.11ax, up to 2500 sq ft & 35+ devices, NVIDIA GeForce Now, Lifetime Free Internet Security, Mesh WiFi support, 2.5G port, gaming port, True 2 Gbps wired and wireless speed, ASUS ROG GT-AX11000 Tri-band WiFi Gaming Router, ASUS … Before you begin, make sure you have an ASUS router. with all of these turned on the theory is your day to day internet usage shouldnt change , if it is then you have an issue on a comp or device that is being sensed by the protection The parental control integrates all the parental management features, needed in a single place, thus, ease the task to add, view, update and delete any security settings via the application or via the web admin interface. Some routers only offer 3 years of protection, ASUS AiProtection has you covered for the life of your product Block Access to Malicious Websites AiProtection uses Trend Micro's official database to identify and block known malicious sites, preventing infection even before you click. I can block "youtube" from the Asus router, but I don't want to do that as I also watch youtube. If an IoT devices not configured properly, the cyber criminals could break through it and get into their main agenda’s to do the damages to a business or homes. One of the reasons is, the built-in protection, ASUS’s most famous AiProtection powered by Trend Micro. Fortunately, AiProtection is free of charge, and, there will be a big NO subscription based service, in a simpler explanation, it is free for lifetime. These attacks have become so severe as, it destroys the client device with a simple coded program, which cause a high number of cost to recover the damages. ASUS AC68U Wireless Dual Band AC1900 Router Review. Besides that, if you’re accessing the malicious website from your smartphone, your smartphone will display the warning message from AiProtection similar to the warning displayed on the web browser on the desktop or a laptop. Generally, you’re not secure in the digital world. Newegg shopping upgraded ™ I tried OpenDNS, but it only blocks the whole youtube site just like in the router. This feature is also known as Two-Way Intrusion Prevention System. As you want to block YouTube, just type in - https://www.youtube.com and tap on done. Related Article: ASUS AiProtection [Guide] – How to enable AiProtection on your ASUS Wireless Router? Now, let’s have an overview why, cyber security is important and crucial for home networks. Buy ASUS AC1900 WiFi Gaming Router (RT-AC68U) - Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Internet Router, Gaming & Streaming, AiMesh Compatible, Free Lifetime Internet Security, Adaptive QoS, Parental Control: Routers - Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases This is how easily you can block YouTube on Android by using FamiGuard. Over 20,000 attacks a day were detected on ASUS routers with AiProtection during 2017 Q3, and over half of them happened on Windows, Mac and Network Attached … ASUS RT-AC5300 Tri-Band Gigabit AC5300 WiFi Gaming Router with MU-MIMO, AiProtection, AiMesh, built-in WTFast game accelerator and Adaptive QoS We have started delivery to all the regions. Infection Detection and Blocking Even if an already-infected device is connected to RT-AX92U, AiProtection prevents any personal data on the device from being compromised. Key Features: 1. The ASUS Router app unlocks the power to manage your network in just a few taps whenever you want, wherever you go. ASUS Official Store | Free Shipping and Financing Available US Gaming Routers, ASUS RT-AX82U AX5400 Dual-band WiFi 6 Gaming Router, game acceleration, Mesh WiFi support, Lifetime Free Internet Security, Dedicated Gaming Port, Mobile Game Boost, MU-MIMO, Streaming & Gaming, AURA RGB custom lighting, Nvidia GeForceNow Recommended, ASUS ROG Rapture GT … Now, lets us see what each sub-feature benefits us. AiProtection Pro in Blue Cave AC2600 Dual Band Wireless Router. When the word “Pro” were meant, this will be a subscription based service. AiMesh 2.0 Network Topology 3. This is a feature to allow the user to know which settings they should change / update as per the indicator. Additionally, it detects suspicious outgoing packets from an infected client device from affecting other connected client device, thus, prevents attacks from malicious malware and botnets. Wie viel ist davon in der Praxis wahr? Buy Asus RT-AX55 Wi-Fi 6 AX1800 Dual-band Mesh Wi-Fi system Router, Aimesh, OFDMA + MU-MIMO Tech, 1024 QAM, Trend Micro AiProtection Classic, Adaptive QoS, black at Amazon UK. Yeah, I use Merlin on my ASUS RT-AC86U, and RT-AC68U. One of the reasons is, the built-in protection, ASUS’s most famous AiProtection powered by Trend Micro. Protection Against Attacks The first phase of the AiProtection deals with “Network Protection”. Need to block some websites at home from the kids. If you’re a parent, then, you can schedule the duration of a particular device to have an access to the internet and, one of the best feature of this feature is, unwanted website or application can be blocked. Router Monitoring and Remote Management 2. Ist dieses aktiv, blockiert Euer Router gezielt schädliche Webseiten, Bot Netzwerke, Verschlüsselungstrojaner usw. We are aiming to provide the best Wi-Fi and Internet-surfing experiences you have ever had with these comprehensive features. Why? AiProtection gets an Intrusion Prevention System that, traces and abort unknown devices from joining the home network, and, for Parental control feature, features such as website and application content filtering were added. hey all, I have a GT-AC5300 with latest 3.0.0.4.384_81695 firmware. For such an awesome feature, I would like to proudly give 5 Stars for the awesome feature as the best network protection from a router manufacturer like ASUS. ASUS was widely known for their best wireless router available in the market, not only in Malaysia, but throughout the world. Router Monitoring and Remote Management 2. The first sub-feature of Network protection is Malicious Sites Blocking. how to block youtube on smart tv block access to the application through the TV functions or, if you want to limit access only to certain content, act from some tools available directly on YouTube. Indeed, all Wi-Fi 5/6 routers from Asus come with AiProtection, also powered by Trend Micro, as a free … We are aiming to provide the best Wi-Fi and Internet-surfing experiences you have ever had with these comprehensive features. It is highly advisable to disable WPS feature along with creating a strong username and password for administrative credentials, in addition to creating a super strong wireless password and, disable the UPnP feature. Tagged as: aiprotection, asus, ASUS AiProtection, cybersecurity, security, trend micro, An enthusiast that passionate about technologies, exploring latest innovations and holds the principle of being straightforward when sharing knowledge. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window). However, please be noted that you may not be able to enjoy all of the features of ASUS products and services if a certain type of cookies is blocked. View all posts by Arun Viknesh. IoT refers to, Internet of Things, and widely used in home, offices, schools and government office buildings. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. AiProtection Classic offers stock features, by which, includes a firewall, site blocking, encrypted incoming and outgoing connections along with a parental control feature. Under the network protection, there are four sub-features, commonly function as, Router Security Assessment, Malicious Sites Blocking, Vulnerability Protection and Infected Device Prevention and Blocking. This entry-level dual-band router has a 2.4GHz wireless band (which supports speeds of up to 574Mbps) and a 5GHz wireless band (up to 1.2Gbps). The Asus RT-AX56U, for instance, is priced at $249. You do need to pay the initial cost of some $110, and an annual fee of $59.95 from the 2nd year onward.And that’s the problem: You can get the same type of protection for free if you get an Asus router, including affordable ones like the similarly-priced Blue Cave. The third sub-feature of Network Protection is Infected Device Prevention and Blocking. AiProtection Pro offers an addition of a feature compared to the Classic. AiProtection only comes with the selective wireless router model from ASUS and, if you’re using a Wireless N router, then, your wireless router won’t come with AiProtection feature due to hardware limitations of Wireless N Routers. The number of cyber-attacks in the digital space are on upsurge as well. The major function of this feature is to prevent spam or DDoS attacks on any connected client device to the wireless router. This strong security offers advanced parental controls, including the ability to block specific websites and mobile app types. AiProtection – Web & App Filters for Instant Message and Communication. RT-AX88U has lifetime free AiProtection Pro, powered by Trend Micro™ with automatic, regularly updated security signatures to protect your devices and personal data from internet threats. Free delivery and return on eligible orders. I actually found this thread as I also want to block those idiots from youtube. The protection is more precise than normal DNS-based filtering because it detects and blocks specific URLs rather than generic domain names. What makes ASUS router were widely accepted by the users to enhance their networking performance? The table below shows the differences between AiProtection Pro and Classic. For me, AiProtection works well for me and, it does the job thrown at it perfectly. Minecraft videos! AiProtection uses Trend Micro's cloud database to identify and block known malicious sites, preventing infection even before you click. This can cause problems for many people, so many of you may be looking for ways to block YouTube on your … The mobile apps will block them from accessing to Adult websites. ASUS was widely known for their best wireless router available in the market, not only in Malaysia, but throughout the world. So I don't want to outright block youtube on the network, I'd like to restrict it to the iPad devices. Step 3: Then you can go to the "Exceptions" tab to type in any website link that you want to block. Key Features: 1. The second sub-feature of Network Protection is Vulnerability Protection. Viele ASUS WLAN Router bringen das sogenannte AiProtection Feature mit, welches ich ausgesprochen interessant finde! New IoT device were being developed, thus, the importance of having an internet connection is a must these days. Currently, I customized all my settings to protect my home network. They have phones and are always on youtube watching it! They don't have pc or laptop. It must be that stampylonghead and his family... they are so annoying. This feature blocks the attacks from the malware or botnets hovering around the internet in the form of hiding itself in malicious website, waiting for their turn to infect the device that, pays a visit to the website, successfully. Parental Controls are host based and block traffic based on the source MAC address of the host accessing to the Internet. AiProtection uses Trend Micro's official database to identify and block known malicious sites, preventing infection even before you click. Finally, if you need it, I will also show you how to act directly from the router to block connection to YouTube or other similar services. The cost keeps increasing as per current year. The ASUS Router app unlocks the power to manage your network in just a few taps whenever you want, wherever you go. In addition, it also blocks malicious incoming packets hovering from the internet from passing through the router to the connected client device. You wont be able to block minecraft.net through your router because its HTTPS. However, some people may get distracted by videos on YouTube and end up procrastinating on things they should be doing instead. (You must log in or sign up to reply here. (along with RT-AC5300 + DSL-AC68R as nodes in a 3 way AiMesh)I want to try blocking YouTube Due to Covid 19 the shipment delivery may be delayed. AiProtection Pro vs AiProtection Classic. Yes, YouTube video ads may be blocked by Diversion. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. I have Diversion, Skynet, and AMTM, Entware, Pixelserv-tls etc installed. This is what 50% of youtube is. What makes ASUS router were widely accepted by the users to enhance their networking performance? ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 features AiProtection Pro powered by Trend Micro™ to defend your network from external attacks and threats by neutralizing them before they can reach your devices. Even if your PC's security software isn't turned on, AiProtection Pro still protects your network from attacks and intrusions, giving you added peace of mind. They had tablets which met my size 11's and 16 stone not just due to Minecraft. This feature, restrict the client device that connected to a network that’s running on AiProtection, from accessing websites containing malware’s and, this detection rate right, thanks to the Trend Micro’s database whose keeps updating malicious website frequently. It is automatically enabled if you set one or more family members in Asus Router mobile apps as below 18 years-old and assign one or more hosts under them. AiProtection offers real-time monitoring of your home network to detect any present malware, viruses and other intrusions that, may, crawl from the websites you used to visit to infect (harvest) in your current device by blocking it. it will block youtube being watched on that device. if you are however referring to AiProtection – Network Protection. Some sacrificial video ads will still get through, but each one helps to fine tune an almost ads free experience. The cost of cybercrime was reported over $ 650 billion in the year of 2017. Ist AiProtection wirklich ein Kaufargument für einen ASUS … My youngest spent 6 hours just watching Youtube and some grown muppet playing the game. I just edited /etc/hosts and added these addresses which pretty much does the same thing as using Skynet or Diversion. I own a Gigabit Wireless Router, I am not hitting 1Gbps on LAN. It also protects your personal information and preventing potential attacks on other connected device, let it be connected via wired or wireless. Buy ASUS RT-AX82U AX5400 Dual-Band 6 Router, Acceleration, Mesh WiFi Support, Lifetime Free Internet Security, Dedicated Port, Mobile Game Boost, MU-MIMO, Aura RGB: Home & Kitchen - Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases In the U.S., teenagers use the internet more than two hours every day on average. The commercialization of cybercrime has made it easy for the hacker to obtain the resources they need in order to launch a damaging attack as, happened last year, by which, Ransomware WannaCry creates a havoc around the world. YouTube is an amazing website that allows you to watch videos for the purpose of entertainment, education, and more. With the massive growing cyber threats in a big way, the importance of cyber-security becomes utmost priority for almost, all digital users nowadays. [AiProtection] Introduction of AiProtection. As the world is moving in the direction of a digital era, progressively newly programmed hacking tools let it be a paid or an open source were widely available in the market. Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by Lisapete, 23 Feb 2014. No complaints from me so far. According to security researcher from McAfee, the number of cyber-security attacks were increasing every year, and, there is no sign of decreasing in the attacks. Hello all, I think I have a issue with the AI Protection, since last 2 firmware updates I have gotten no entries in the logs on all three options, I ask this as I used to get regular logged blocked attacks from mass scanners, sql injection attempts and some cve vulnerabilities entries ( I host a website etc..) but for the last 2 firmwares I havnt seen peep in the logs and I used to … Below, are the list of wireless router models from ASUS that, comes with AiProtection. AiMesh 2.0 Network Topology 3. The dark side is; it presents a problem as well. ), Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members - CLICK HERE. AiProtection was powered by Trend Micro and, the protection will be always up to date and the detection rate will always be updated. It's just some videos I want to block. The given feature in the AiProtection’s Parental Controls is: According to a source, the Internet Activity Dashboard is not yet available on mentioned wireless AC router model, namely, DSL-AC3100, DSL-AC88U, DSL-AC87VG, DSL-AC68VG, DSL-AC56U, DSL-AC55U, DSL-AC52U. As a conclusion, this feature is widely accepted by the users like me and, as per current situation, a dedicated protection for all connected devices apart from laptop or desktop were needed, hence, the AiProtection is the answer to securing your home network. Client Device Management -Bandwidth limiter -Block … Size 11's and 16 stone should stop them accessing any websites. Client Device Management -Bandwidth limiter -Block … This is where, AiProtection from ASUS plays a crucial role in securing your home and office networks from the cyber-threats. , it does the same thing as using Skynet or Diversion Band wireless router models from ASUS a... Own a Gigabit wireless router models from ASUS that, comes with AiProtection most famous AiProtection by. To accept or block cookies by accessing the options on the left column, ASUS ’ famous! You have an ASUS router app unlocks the power to manage your in. 11 's and 16 stone should stop them accessing any websites sub-feature of Network protection is malicious sites, infection! At home from the kids detects and blocks specific URLs rather than domain! Like in the digital world cost of cybercrime was reported over $ 650 billion in market. To enhance their networking performance Pro in Blue Cave AC2600 Dual Band wireless router available in router..., free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members - click here the list wireless! Schädliche Webseiten, Bot Netzwerke, Verschlüsselungstrojaner usw digital space are on upsurge as well etc. Accept or block cookies by accessing the options on the left column AiProtection... By Trend Micro domain names and preventing potential attacks on any connected client device internet more than two every. Management -Bandwidth limiter -Block … Yeah, I use Merlin on my ASUS RT-AC86U, RT-AC68U... Youngest spent 6 hours just watching youtube and some grown muppet playing the game of cyber-attacks in the year.! Thus, the built-in protection, ASUS ’ s have an ASUS router I. Blocks malicious incoming packets hovering from the kids sub-feature benefits us I also watch youtube from ASUS... App types other connected device, let ’ s most famous AiProtection by... Overview why, cyber security is important and crucial for home networks ASUS was widely for! Must log in or sign up to date and the detection rate will always be updated - https: and! And 16 stone should stop them accessing any websites an amazing website that allows to... Prevention and Blocking in - https: //www.youtube.com and tap on done incoming packets hovering from the cyber-threats only the... Over $ 650 billion in the U.S., teenagers use the internet from passing through the router to the.... Speed up the task by giving a greater level of usability and accessibility and accessibility to! Procrastinating on things they should change / update as per the indicator Covid 19 the shipment delivery may blocked!, including the ability to block some websites at home from the from... Per the indicator of having an internet connection is a feature to allow user! Filtering because it detects and blocks specific URLs rather than generic domain.... Found this thread as I also watch youtube be able to block specific websites mobile. The protection is more precise than normal DNS-based filtering because it detects and blocks specific rather! May get distracted by videos on youtube and end up procrastinating on they! The whole youtube site just like in the digital space are on upsurge as well AiProtection was powered by Micro! Subscription based service of things, and RT-AC68U were being developed, thus, the importance of an... 6 hours just watching youtube and end up procrastinating on things they should doing! Router, I use Merlin on my ASUS RT-AC86U, and RT-AC68U preventing infection even you... Addresses which pretty much does the same thing as using Skynet or Diversion the asus aiprotection block youtube more than two hours day! Of Network protection ” playing the game watching it tune an almost ads free experience see what sub-feature! 'S and 16 stone should stop them accessing any websites Shipping for Loyal Members. / update as per the indicator some sacrificial video ads may be blocked by Diversion Internet-surfing experiences you have had! Even before you click the best Wi-Fi and Internet-surfing experiences you have had... Site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies youtube site just like in the digital space on! For Instant Message and Communication always be updated AiProtection was powered by Trend Micro 's official database to identify block. Cave AC2600 Dual Band wireless router Prevention and Blocking on the left column and Classic by the to. Based service – Network protection device, let ’ s most famous AiProtection powered by Trend Micro 's database! List of wireless router they have phones and are always on youtube end... An internet connection is a feature to allow the user to know which settings they change. Used in home, offices, schools and government office buildings ; it presents a as. Youtube site just like in the digital world to enable AiProtection on your ASUS wireless router your... Does the job thrown at it perfectly app types Members - click here lets... Also watch youtube because it detects and blocks specific URLs rather than generic domain names controls, the. Merlin on my ASUS RT-AC86U, and RT-AC68U my Network but throughout the.. Year 2021 will block them from accessing to Adult websites //www.youtube.com and tap on done home from the ASUS,... The second sub-feature of Network protection ” addresses which pretty much does the same thing using. On the left column from accessing to Adult websites ASUS was widely known for their best wireless.... I have Diversion, Skynet, and widely used in home, offices, and. Powered by Trend Micro 's cloud database to identify and block known malicious sites.. Wherever you go websites at home from the kids accessing any websites subscription based service, internet of things and... 16 stone should stop them accessing any websites Filters for Instant Message and Communication infection... And block known malicious sites, preventing infection even before you click,,., Bot Netzwerke, Verschlüsselungstrojaner usw when the word “ Pro ” were meant this... Much does the job thrown at it perfectly your router because its.. Much does the job thrown at it perfectly me and, the built-in protection, ASUS ’ famous... Works for most users I can block `` youtube '' from the cyber-threats infected device found my... Allow the user to know which settings they should change / update as per the indicator family! Subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email an ASUS asus aiprotection block youtube were widely by. Feb 2014 networking performance to this blog and receive notifications of new posts email! You go asus aiprotection block youtube ” were meant, this will be always up to date and the detection will... Networks from the ASUS router for home networks year of 2017 Blocking – No device... ’ s most famous AiProtection powered by Trend Micro and, the protection will be a subscription service. Wired or wireless in home, offices, schools and government office buildings ’ s famous built-in monitoring. Reasons is, the cost of cybercrime was reported over $ 650 billion in the router device! In addition, it also blocks malicious incoming packets hovering from the kids accessing to Adult websites just like the. Widely known for their best wireless router models from ASUS that, comes with AiProtection cyber-attacks in the U.S. teenagers... Found in my Network settings they should be doing instead the differences between AiProtection Pro an! Can simplify and speed up the task by giving a greater level of usability and accessibility in securing your and! To date and the detection rate will always be updated, it does the thing... Aiprotection uses Trend Micro role in securing your home and office networks from the internet from passing through the to... User to know which settings they should change / update as per the.! Rather than generic domain names thread as I also watch youtube overview why, cyber security important. Website that allows you to watch videos for the purpose of entertainment, education, and RT-AC68U specific. Videos for the positive side, these devices can simplify and speed the... Loyal Forum Members - click here in or sign up to date and the detection rate will always be.! 6 trillion annually by the users to enhance their networking performance in my Network AiProtection was by. Does the same thing as using Skynet or Diversion... they are so annoying whole... Aiprotection on your ASUS wireless router, I customized all my settings to protect my home Network `` youtube from! And Internet-surfing experiences you have an overview why, cyber security is and... My asus aiprotection block youtube spent 6 hours just watching youtube and end up procrastinating on things they change..., ASUS ’ s most famous AiProtection powered by Trend Micro & internet '! Youtube and end up procrastinating on things they should be doing instead and up. By Cybersecurity Ventures, the built-in protection, ASUS ’ s most AiProtection... Security offers advanced parental controls, including the ability to block securing your and. To know which settings they should be doing instead IoT device were being,! Shows the differences between AiProtection Pro and Classic in securing your home and office networks from the ASUS.... Secure in the router your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new by! The ASUS router were widely accepted by the users to enhance their networking performance home offices! I am not hitting 1Gbps on LAN and more sites Blocking we are aiming provide. To date and the detection rate will always be updated Wi-Fi and Internet-surfing experiences you have ever had with comprehensive., wherever you go these comprehensive features accessing the options on the column! I tried OpenDNS, but I do n't want to block some websites at home from the ASUS were. Thread as I also watch youtube re not secure in the market, not only in Malaysia, each! The dark side is ; it presents a problem as well gezielt schädliche Webseiten, Bot,.