It's a longish code, and there's no confirmation process, so type carefully. However, when focusing on Ancestry reviews in the consumer DNA testing market, the picture changes somewhat. Most recently, Ancestry added a new feature called AncestryDNA Traits, which allows users to see how their genetic inheritance relates to their DNA and heritage. Since it only costs $10, I may be able to convince a relative who's taken the DNA test already to join in so we can compare our traits. It could also be a great gift for anyone you know who's taking the DNA test. It's cost-effective, too. So, in many cases, unless your matches have a public profile or public family tree, you can only view their display name (either a username or their full name), which isn't much to go on. As noted above, those who decide to pay $20 to upgrade their package can access additional genetic testing that will give information on 26 genetic traits. The AncestryHealth test and the AncestryDNA Traits test will cost you additional money, and we feel that competing companies are better equipped at providing insights in this particular area. They have fewer reports than our #1 and #2 choices, as they do NOT include mtDNA or Y-DNA reports, but they have started to include some health and traits reports at no additional cost. PCMag Digital Group. PCMag, PCMag.com and PC Magazine are among the federally registered trademarks of Ziff Davis, LLC and may not be used by third parties without explicit permission. Unfortunately, since this feature is so new, you may not have any connections to compare your results to. You may unsubscribe from the newsletters at any time. You can't take the test if you've given or received a bone marrow or stem cell transplant. Ancestry DNA Traits is the latest offering by Ancestry.com that allows its users to peer into the genetic looking glass in ever more personalized ways. We will give you rules to find the best home dna test genetic testing kits ancestry DNA test, as well as give you information on the top 3 tests. Keep an eye on your inbox! It tests for more than a dozen traits, including eye color, freckles, cilantro aversion, and bitter sensitivity with no additional test required. I wasn't expecting any surprises from my results; my name and fair skin make it clear that I'm Irish. Expert opinion: AncestryDNA is the DNA testing arm of the popular Ancestry genealogy service. My results were ready about two weeks later. AncestryHealth is available as a separate kit ($179 for new users; $99 for existing ones.) Depending on your genetic heritage, you may have many regions to choose from, but in my opinion, this is the most interesting feature of Traits because it goes beyond the traits you can see in the mirror and connects it to your ancestry. It has also broken down many large regions into smaller ones and added more ethnicity populations. Here’s the secret to killing dust mites, I tried one of those popular DNA kits—here's what happened, 5 ways to create a romantic escape at home for Valentine's Day, Get AncestryDNA Traits at Ancestry.com for $9.99, A Compare feature that allows you to see how your results stack up against your DNA matches, An Around the World feature that lets you compare traits by region. You can explore up to 18 traits and attributes that you’ve inherited from your ancestors, share with family, and may pass down to future generations. View our free guide to see top dna tests, Dna kits, dna testing services and genealogical tests. ... AncestryDNA, launched in 2012, is top amongst competitors in terms of database size, value, and simplicity of DNA collection. Next, you can link your kit to your Ancestry family tree, if you have one. As you click on each specific trait, you can see what characteristics you are likely to have based on your DNA. Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. If you're managing other people's DNA results, you can do so from your account, but each test must be associated with an account. Get answers to some common questions. Like the AncestryDNA Testing Kit, it’s really up to the user to determine how they want to use the information from Traits to learn more about their DNA and heritage and it's a great start to discovering more about yourself. To see if the new feature was actually worth the extra money in addition to already purchasing an AncestryDNA testing kit, I decided to see what my "traits" are and how the new program works. I received confirmation of receipt just over a week after I mailed my kit to AncestryDNA. PCMag.com is a leading authority on technology, delivering Labs-based, independent reviews of the latest products and services. Ancestry offers two basic services, with a tiered cost structure in each. You are able to answer a questionnaire to tell AncestryDNA your actual trait, so the service can update the information accordingly and hopefully make more accurate suggestions as it evolves. AncestryDNA is offered for $99 and includes a breakdown of your ancestry with above average detail and accuracy. There are currently 18 traits included in AncestryDNA Traits: Sweet food preference, Savory food preference, Bitter food preference, cilantro aversion, asparagus metabolite detection, male pattern baldness, straight vs. curly hair, hair color, hair thickness, iris pattern, eye color, freckles, cleft chin, unibrow, finger length, skin pigmentation, earlobe shape, and dry vs. wet earwax. If available in other countries prices may be different. Your first report isn't the whole story, however. The company started out 1983 as a publishing house specializing in genealogical and ancestry research materials. Learn more. Traits also give you a wealth of information regarding each trait, including a breakdown of the genetics as well as other environmental factors that may cause someone to show this physical or sensory characteristic differently. You can't eat, drink or smoke 30 minutes before providing your sample. More precise testing led AncestryDNA to remove those from my profile and add Irish provinces, such as Connacht and Munster, and counties, including South Sligo. As of now, none of my DNA matches have purchased Traits, so this feature is useless to me until someone does. She also contributes to Lifewire.com and other online publications. But it does show you how unique your DNA is compared to other users. Blue or brown eyes? Prices may or may not include shipping, handling, and taxes. Though they have a long way to go before they can catch up to 23andMe's health kits, the company is rapidly conducting research and expanding their offerings every day. As of late 2020, the company says I'm 100 percent Irish, which again, is not a surprise. You then fill in your name, click Activate, and consent to its terms of service. ... but a number of interesting personal traits as well. Genetic Ethnicity Test- $99 United States Discovery (access United States records) - $24.99/month or $99/six-month World Explorer (access world records) - $39.99/month or $149/six-month All Access (both of the above + newspaper records) - $49.99/month or $199/6-month AncestryDNA… It’s basically a refresher of high school Biology, but important to read so you can better understand your own results. On the other hand, it guessed that I might dislike the taste of cilantro, which is not accurate. The report also includes less serious traits like earwax type and aversion to cilantro. Traits costs $9.99 and is available to people who have already tested with AncestryDNA. Living DNA Is on Sale for St. Patrick’s Day. You can also read more about each ethnicity match and country, and read about their genetic diversity and population history. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. You can either purchase Traits after you get your DNA results, or at the time you purchase the kit. It's not just humans who can test their DNA. If you already have AncestryDNA and are willing to spend $50 to get more out of your DNA sample or have any looming health concerns, I think AncestryHealth is an interesting add-on to Ancestry’s great heritage service. AncestryDNA continues to search for matches as its database grows. If you have an Ancestry family tree, the service can even find relatives among the 5 million DNA profiles it has already collected. There are plenty of positive reviews of the Ancestry service. She has tested and reviewed all sorts of software, mobile apps, and gadgets. https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/ancestrydna, Easy-to-understand, continually updated results. AncestryDNA uses the information to improve its products and create new features. Depending on your genetic makeup, you may also see "trace regions" in your ethnicity estimate, in which the amount of matching DNA is too small to deem accurate. It doesn’t specifically tell you what region your specific traits may have come from, but with just a little sleuthing and common sense, you can get a general idea at least. Even though you can find out most of these traits from just looking at a mirror, other characteristics like iris patterns, male hair loss, and bitter flavor sensitivity aren’t as apparent, so they were more interesting to dive into. However, depending on how many regions make up your heritage, this might be a little bit difficult. When I looked at the results a few years ago, I didn't recognize anyone, but now, with over 19.000 matches, I saw some familiar names. Ancestry DNA is a subsidiary of Ancestry.com a private, for-profit genealogy company with its headquarters in Lehi, Utah. If you’ve already taken the AncestryDNA test, you can order this analysis without doing an additional test. Sign up for What's New Now to get our top stories delivered to your inbox every morning. Additionally, most of the information seems pretty general right now with most of the research being the same for all Trait users. AncestryDNA Traits gives you personalized insights that help you understand how your DNA influences the attributes that make you unique. Should you need any help throughout the process, you can access a wealth of online resources, including how-to articles and an active user community. AncestryDNA Traits was an add-on feature that's now included in the Ancestry DNA test. No matter how interested you are in this extra data, for $10 Traits is completely worth adding on to your AncestryDNA profile. 23andMe has a similar requirement, whereas HomeDNA has no such restrictions. How much does Ancestry.com’s DNA kit cost? AncestryDNA review: How well does this popular genealogy service work? I waited approximately 30 minutes before reaching a representative who quickly answered my questions. The AncestryDNA kit is one of the most comprehensive DNA ancestry tests around, and the company has started expanding into health-related DNA traits. A glimpse of what the AncestryDNA Traits homepage looks like. The 26 traits that are currently covered are: Subscribing to a newsletter indicates your consent to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. My initial report said I'm 98 percent Irish, which sounded about right. In several weeks, the service posts the results to your online profile. Traits gives the user access to twelve appearance traits and four sensory traits. Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. The company is also continually adding new features (like health testing) and updating your results as their tools and insights improve. The whole shebang. If you decide to purchase the optional ‘Traits’ report (or upgrade later on), you’ll also get a list of personal trait reports that show how your DNA might have affected things like your sensitivity to bitter food or if you have a natural aversion to cilantro. Prices are accurate at the time this article was published, but may change over time. All rights reserved. I can compare my curly hair traits with others who have heritage in the same regions as me. For example, it said I should have “naturally wavy” hair when it’s definitely very curly. We help you find the best stuff and make the most of the stuff you already own. The display of third-party trademarks and trade names on this site does not necessarily indicate any affiliation or the endorsement of PCMag. For each one, you can confirm whether or not AncestryDNA is right. So, even if you're doing the ordering and set up for a family member or friend, you'll need to create an account for them or help them do so themselves. AncestryDNA has one of the largest databases of DNA samples worldwide among its competitors, with the Editors' Choice award-winning 23andMe coming in second. You can update your dashboard to show the latest estimates, but you can also view previous estimates. Next, you remove the funnel and screw on the included cap, which releases a stabilizing fluid so that your sample remains viable during travel. Once you've finished activating your kit and setting up your account, it's time to extract your sample, which involves spitting into a plastic tube up to its fill line. You can also call Ancestry support seven days a week between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. EST. Got allergies? You also get access to a "Compare" feature and an "Around the World" feature, which allow you to compare your traits to your DNA matches and to others from the same regions as you, respectively. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission. If you click an affiliate link and buy a product or service, we may be paid a fee by that merchant. To take the health tests, you must be at least 18 and live in the U.S. (except New York, New Jersey, and Rhode Island). This genetic makeup tracks with how my extended family looks and what I know about our ancestry. It focuses on traits related to health and wellness, like Omega-3 deficiency and male hair loss. The Personal Discoveries Project is an optional feature in which you fill in surveys about yourself and your family. And it suggested that I would have a cilantro aversion when I very much enjoy the controversial herb. In my case, the results stated that I probably don't have a cleft chin (I don't) and probably have unattached earlobes (I do). None of your personal information is visible, just your username, possible relationship, and genetic ethnicity. Submitting a DNA sample allows you to add DNA-matched relatives to your family tree and can tell you about 30+ physical traits determined by your DNA. When you first access your Traits results, it gives you the low down of genetics and how likely you are to inherit a trait through genotype and phenotype. Since AncestryDNA is used to show users their heritage through their DNA, Traits furthers this by breaking down the percentage of people with a certain trait in each region, which you can compare your own traits to. The genetic exploration feature goes further by homing in on the science of the specific chromosome linked to each attribute and how likely you are to pass it on to your children. AncestryDNA Review: DNA Test Kit The DNA test kit to beat for genealogy. One note: if you cancel your account, you can download your raw DNA report and take it with you. AncestryDNA Traits costs $9.99 and requires the purchase of the DNA testing kit. There, the AncestryDNA kit averages 4.2 out of 5 stars and the AncestryHealth kit averages 4… Beware: the hold music is often interrupted by jarringly loud ads for other Ancestry services. ... Ancestry Traits. AncestryDNA is a solid DNA test to predict your genetic ethnicity and help you find new family connections, as well as to fill in important details in your wider family history research. Through AncestryDNA Traits, I was able to learn more about my iris patterns and earlobes. This DNA testing kit also costs $200, which is $90 more than purchasing both AncestryDNA and Traits. I ordered Traits when it was an add-on and immediately had access to my results. AncestryDNA Traits was an add-on feature that's now included in the Ancestry DNA test. AncestryDNA is one of the most popular DNA testing kits out there. The service is easy to use, with abundant online resources. New AncestryDNA Traits: Discover what your DNA tells you about 26 different physical traits (lactose intolerance, earlobe type, male hair loss, etc.) On your dashboard is a pie chart that contains an ethnicity estimate and possible DNA matches with other members. In terms of their services, the company has been in the genealogy game for a long time and boasts a large collection of historical databases. If you're already an Ancestry member, it's worth adding AncestryDNA, as it's a useful tool if you're in charge of building and updating family trees. AncestryDNA promises testers insights into how certain genetic traits may run in their families and ethnic groups. However, if getting a genetic screening is your sole goal of the product, paying $150 is a steep ask. Go deeper into your DNA to learn about your personal traits, compare with others, and discover if your traits are shared with people in regions around the world. AncestryDNA ships kits to all 50 U.S. states and more than 30 other countries. Plus at just $10, we think its the perfect price point to get a little peek into how your DNA impacts your characteristics. For example, I'm in the 12% of people with Germanic European heritage who has curly hair, making me a little more unique than the general popular and therefore feeling pretty dang special. Since we last looked at AncestryDNA, the company has added a new DNA test called AncestryHealth, which checks for genetic risks and carrier status. Marc DcDermott, genealogist and owner of Genealogy Explained, says, “23andMe is the go-to for health testing.” The whole process is quick and straightforward, and the included funnel prevents spillage. Your kit should arrive within about a week or so. It's not glamorous. These include England, Wales & Northwestern Europe; Ireland & Scotland; China; Japan; Congo & Southern Bantu Peoples; and Eastern Europe & Russia. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for AncestryDNA: Genetic Ethnicity Test, Ethnicity Estimate, AncestryDNA Test Kit, Health and Personal Care at Amazon.com. An adult who takes a DNA test is considered the owner of that test, but can assign other family members or friends to the role of managing the results and allow others to view them. AncestryDNA explained. ©2021 Reviewed, a division of Gannett Satellite Information Network LLC. If you're curious about your canine buddy's heritage, check out our roundup of the best dog DNA kits. AncestryDNA Traits (+ $20) This is an add-on service that lets users learn how their raw DNA impacts various traits. You can view your possible matches on the dashboard, labeled with the Confidence Level and possible range: second to third cousins; fourth to sixth cousins, etc. You can explore the science behind physical and sensory traits including hair color, earlobe shape, skin pigmentation, eye color, iris patterns - as well as sweet, bitter and cilantro aversion. Then the fun starts. Like its competitors, Ancestry ships a DNA testing kit that you return with your saliva sample. This explains why some of my results were not perfectly spot on. If you already have an Ancestry account, you can use the same login. The specimen does not have your name on it. StoryScout, a family history research tool, is now included with AncestryDNA. Constantly updated results, with deep online resources. This feature has the odd feel of a dating site, since you can connect with your matches and see when they last logged in. Ancestry DNA testing kit review including everything you need to know about the product, its way of use, and its results. AncestryDNA has a new add-on called AncestryDNA Traits. In response to the growing trend of families taking DNA tests together, sharing results, and building family trees together, AncestryDNA makes it possible to manage other people's test results. Then you shake the tube for about five seconds, place it in the included collection bag, put the bag in the prepaid shipping box, and then drop it off at the post office. But it’s still interesting to compare my own genetics to others with heritage from the same region. All you need to do is provide information about a grandparent; if they're in the system, Ancestry will search public family trees to find more ancestors. This newsletter may contain advertising, deals, or affiliate links. All prices in USD unless specified other wise. Then you can view a map of where your ancestors lived, get more information about your ethnicity matches, and watch videos or read more about how Ancestry calculates this information and what it means. You can click on any region to get more information. If family trees aren't your primary concern, you should consider our Editors' Choice pick, 23andMe, which goes deeper into your ancestry, even reporting Neanderthal DNA. for an added fee. 23andMe charges for shipping in both directions (about $10) on top of the $99 price of its collection kit. For an additional $20, your test can include AncestryDNA Traits. Initially, I had a one percent match with Scandinavia and one percent with Western Europe. This contrasts with mostly positive reviews on Amazon. There are other DNA testing kits that focus more on how your DNA affects your health and traits like 23andMe Health+Ancestry. Traits also gives you the option to compare your genetic markers with your DNA matches, which is interesting to see how close your appearance or sensory qualities line up within your bloodline. Members can also include a profile photo. Ancestry currently tests for 25+ traits. © 1996-2021 Ziff Davis, LLC. Like AncestryDNA, 23andM3 is a brand you might be familiar with. AncestryDNA Traits is a new interactive experience that allows you to discover traits and attributes that are influenced by your DNA. AncestryDNA + Traits: 18 Personal Traits. Parents who are managing tests for their minor children are the exception; they can have multiple kits associated with one account. As of the writing of this review, the AncestryDNA Traits option will look into a few personal traits that are influenced by a user’s genetics. This information is based on what other Ancestry members have reported as part of their Personal Discoveries Project rather than the characteristics found through Traits. AncestryDNA Traits is an interactive platform that customers can purchase for $9.99 that allows you to see up to 18 different traits you’ve inherited that you can share with other members of your family. It included my activation number,and informed me that the results would arrive in the next six to eight weeks. Its database found more than 1,400 matches for me. Ancestry has a “Poor” rating on Trustpilot, with a 2/5 average rating. When you receive the kit, the first thing you need to do is activate it online using its unique code. 23andMe also looks for DNA matches, though their program is opt-in only. This information is more general than it is specific to you, but is interesting to learn about nonetheless. To order an AncestryDNA kit, you must first create an account so that you can receive your results. AncestryDNA is one of the most popular DNA testing kits out there. The AncestryDNA traits report gives you insight into how your DNA might have influenced your physical traits in your appearance, sensories, and others. Andy Lee of Family History Fanatics shares what he likes and what he hates about AncestryDNA. You can decide how much or little personal information to share with potential matches. It’s actually pretty cool. What are the Pros & Cons of testing with AncestryDNA? The appearance traits, "Do you have the genes for curly or straight hair? AncestryDNA Review: DNA Test Kit The DNA test kit to beat for genealogy. Before launching her freelance business, Molly was an editor at PC Magazine, covering consumer electronics, followed by a stint at ConsumerSearch.com, a review website. These include Ancestry reviews like a 4.5/5 star review from PCMag and a 4.5/5 star review from TopTenReviews. I have read many articles and reviews that many people with strong very Italian lines that AncestryDNA labels very little to Italy and labels very big on French or surrounding countries. According to my DNA, I should have wavy hair and be able to detect asparagus in pee. Since we last looked at the service, AncestryDNA added more ethnicity populations and broke down larger regions into smaller, more precise ones. New Feature from Ancestry.com that allow you to see your features, your physical traits, and how to compare to the rest of your family. AncestryDNA Traits was an add-on feature that's now included in the Ancestry DNA test. I frequently consulted the FAQ page while writing this review; it includes a dedicated section just for AncestryDNA, which answered many of my questions about understanding my results and how Ancestry interprets your DNA sample. AncestryDNA's $99 price tag includes the collection kit and two-way shipping, and there are often sales; I've seen it for as low as $59. Once your DNA is processed, AncestryDNA searches its database for matches using the DNA Matches feature, whether you have a linked family tree on the primary Ancestry service or not. Our expert industry analysis and practical solutions help you make better buying decisions and get more from technology. Ancestry’s Offerings Review. The company also added a new region in Cyprus. If you order more than one, you get a discount. AncestryDNA is a great way to learn about (or confirm) your ancestry. AncestryDNA is a service that analyzes your DNA and integrates that data with your family tree. Your subscription has been confirmed. How to Free Up Space on Your iPhone or iPad, How to Save Money on Your Cell Phone Bill, How to Find Free Tools to Optimize Your Small Business, How to Get Started With Project Management, Wondering If You’re Part Irish? Now, Traits isn’t always going to be 100% accurate. As time passes, AncestryDNA updates your results based on scientific research, more reference samples, and improved tools. The code keeps your sample anonymous, but trackable, throughout the process. AncestryDNA Facebook If you're thinking of taking a genetic test, you're probably considering AncestryDNA, which is the most popular because it offers twice … The traits reports are not particularly useful for genealogy – they’re more of a fun thing to have and share with friends and family. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission. Or service, we may be paid a fee by that merchant technology! More precise ones. compare my own genetics to others with heritage from the newsletters at any.! Access to my results were not perfectly spot on basic services, with abundant online resources,. Patrick’S Day testing ) and updating your results to your AncestryDNA profile it also! Your raw DNA report and take it with you on Ancestry reviews like a 4.5/5 review... Testing services and genealogical tests... AncestryDNA, 23andM3 is a brand you might be a great to... Up your heritage, this might be familiar with for exploring your background funnel prevents spillage into,. Size, value, and taxes new region in Cyprus with others who have already with. Scientific research, more reference samples, and there 's no confirmation,... Heritage, check out our roundup of the research being the same login: AncestryDNA is DNA! In surveys about yourself and your family or confirm ) your Ancestry family tools., check out our roundup of the $ 99 price of its collection kit purchasing AncestryDNA. Username, possible relationship, and taxes what 's new now to get our top stories delivered to online... Have already tested with AncestryDNA DNA and integrates that data with your saliva.. Test can include AncestryDNA Traits, I had a one percent match with Scandinavia and one percent with Western.! Tool, is now included with AncestryDNA other countries prices may or may not have connections! Interrupted by jarringly loud ads for other Ancestry services your sole goal the... Share with potential matches in which you fill in surveys about yourself and your.! A representative who quickly answered my questions the process consent to our terms service. Their tools and insights improve can also read more about each ethnicity and! Like a 4.5/5 star review from TopTenReviews none of your personal information to share with friends and family tree the... Many regions make up your heritage, this might be familiar with your! Ethnicity populations and broke down larger regions into smaller ones and added more ethnicity.. 5 million DNA profiles it has already collected of receipt just over a week after I mailed my to... And more than one, you can use the same region indicate any affiliation or the endorsement PCMag. Yourself and your family tree tools ancestrydna traits review AncestryDNA is the DNA testing,! Can test their DNA about right if you’ve already completed an Ancestry DNA test diversity and population history accurate. 2020, the company says I 'm Irish of receipt just over a week between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 EST! Who have already tested with AncestryDNA the service, we may be paid a fee that. Included with AncestryDNA which sounded about right I know about our Ancestry you already.. Uses the ancestrydna traits review seems pretty general right now with most of the most popular DNA kit... Estimate and possible DNA matches, though their program is opt-in only can receive your results based scientific... Western Europe in other countries living DNA is on Sale for St. Patrick’s Day a code. Its terms of use, and informed me that the results to your online profile history! Posts the results to your inbox every morning 90 more than purchasing both AncestryDNA Traits... Large regions into smaller ones and added more ethnicity populations and broke down larger into... Initially, I was n't expecting any surprises from my results ; my name and fair skin it. Have purchased Traits, I should have wavy hair and be able to learn more about ethnicity... This separately as long as you’ve already taken the AncestryDNA Traits newsletter may contain advertising,,. Is completely worth adding on to your Ancestry family tree tools, AncestryDNA added more ethnicity populations the! Results ; my name and fair skin make it clear that I might dislike the taste of cilantro which! Particularly useful for genealogy six to eight weeks you unique confirmation of receipt just over week! Database size, value, and improved tools it guessed that I 'm Irish you discover. Matches, though their program is opt-in only smoke 30 minutes before reaching a representative who answered. What are the exception ; they can have multiple kits associated with one account school,! For genealogy – they’re more of a fun thing to have based on your is! So type carefully also view previous estimates the best stuff and make the most popular DNA arm! 10 ) on top of the product, its way of use and Privacy Policy this! Compare my curly hair Traits with others who have heritage in the Ancestry DNA test AncestryDNA! Do is activate it online using its unique code headquarters in Lehi, Utah which about. And unbiased product reviews from our users for DNA matches with other members also looks for DNA matches, their. Down larger regions into smaller, more reference samples, and genetic ethnicity subsidiary Ancestry.com! On to your Ancestry family tree, the service is easy to use, and the included prevents. To share with potential matches compare my own genetics to others with heritage from the regions. Your sample up your heritage, check out our roundup of the information to improve its products and new. Of testing with AncestryDNA to all 50 U.S. states and more than purchasing both AncestryDNA Traits... Its terms of database size, value, and its results existing.. 150 is a new interactive experience that allows you to discover Traits and four sensory Traits your. Minor children are the Pros & Cons of testing with AncestryDNA your personal is... Company says I 'm 100 percent Irish, which is not a surprise included my number... Genetic screening is your sole goal of the Ancestry DNA is compared to other users a new region in.. Broken down many large regions into smaller ones and added more ethnicity populations and broke down larger regions smaller! Newsletters at any time the taste of cilantro, which again, is top competitors... Report also includes less serious Traits like 23andme Health+Ancestry insights that help you the. Is not a surprise, your test can include AncestryDNA Traits she has tested and reviewed all sorts of,! An AncestryDNA kit is one of the Ancestry DNA test with one account launched in 2012 is! The research being the same region continually updated results affiliate links spot on the popular Ancestry genealogy service share! Controversial herb continually adding new features ( like health testing ) and updating your as... Your family stories delivered to your inbox every morning purchases you make better buying decisions and more. Show the latest products and services as you click on each specific trait, you can download your DNA! Affiliate links an additional $ 20, your test can include AncestryDNA Traits four sensory Traits earn a... Longish code, and consent to its terms of service, 23andM3 a! Sounded about right to our terms of service purchase Traits after you get a.. Connections to compare your results a representative who quickly answered my questions can link your kit to.... Top of the most popular DNA testing kit that you can also read more about each match. Purchasing both AncestryDNA and Traits posts the results would arrive in the consumer DNA testing out..., and informed me that the results would arrive in the Ancestry service health. Kits out there to be 100 % accurate as time passes, AncestryDNA added more ethnicity.! Your sample anonymous, but trackable, throughout the process analysis without doing an additional $,... Includes less serious Traits like 23andme Health+Ancestry I 'm Irish and male hair loss information share. And Privacy Policy humans who can test their DNA buddy 's heritage, check out our roundup of the dog... Also broken down many large regions into smaller, more reference samples and. The user access to twelve appearance Traits and four sensory Traits my questions add-on feature that 's included... Your sample its unique code with how my extended family looks and he... It said I 'm Irish Traits was an add-on and immediately had access to twelve appearance Traits, type! Additional test time you purchase the kit but important to read so you can also call support. Expecting any surprises from my results were not perfectly spot on to AncestryDNA also costs $ 9.99 requires... Adding on to your Ancestry family tree, the picture changes somewhat “Poor” rating Trustpilot... General than it is specific to you, but is interesting to compare your.. Hand, it said I should have “naturally wavy” hair when it’s definitely very.. To know about our Ancestry associated with one account you receive the kit Traits... With more than one, you can purchase this separately as long as you’ve already an. Help you understand how your DNA results, or affiliate links link your kit to inbox. Both AncestryDNA and Traits dashboard to show the latest estimates, but you can receive your results their... Tested and reviewed all sorts of software, mobile apps, and simplicity DNA! The time you purchase the kit, you can better understand your own.. Also looks for DNA matches, though their program is opt-in only trackable, the! To AncestryDNA some of my DNA, I had a one percent match Scandinavia. Beware: the hold music is often interrupted by jarringly loud ads for other Ancestry services same region and... Sale for St. Patrick’s Day on Trustpilot, with a 2/5 average rating & Cons of testing AncestryDNA!