Need Help Filtering. Mag., 8mm Rem. Arkel23 … Chambered for 338 Remington Ultra Magnum is Not offered at this time. The 300 Win mag averaged 2929 FPS with Remington Factory Loads in the 180 Grain. I've owned a Remington 700 300 Win Mag with a 24" barrel and own a Remington 700 in 300 WBY both with 24" barrels. The .338 Winchester and .338 Lapua both really lag behind the .300 Win Mag in popularity, but neither is rare. Jump to Latest Follow ... Wicked round based off a 300 ultra mag. All Palmetto Reloading Gear/Accessories! The High Road . 11,898 Posts . Longueur totale de la douille : 51,18 mm. The .338 Remington Ultra Magnum is a .338 caliber rifle cartridge introduced by Remington Arms in 2002.. Design [edit | edit source]. tominboise. 300 Win Mag vs 338 Win Mag vs 338 Lapua: Ammunition Selection. He hunts all big game including bears and sometimes the cape buffalo. The fact is that because of the Ultra Mag's larger case, more powder is required to drive any given weight of bullet to the same velocity, so a .300 Ultra Mag load that duplicates .30-06 performance kicks harder than a real .30-06. Wildcatters offer various other .338s, but none of them are on your dealer s shelves. No experience with the 300 Ultra Mag., but my 7mm has been devestatingly effective on everything from antelope to elk and caribou. This is a very large rimless bottleneck case. The Contestants. Abbreviated Name: 338 Rem Ultra Mag AKA: 338 RUM Case capacities were obtained from Nosler (here, here, and here). 338 Remington Ultra Magnum Rifle Cartridge. .300 Win Mag vs. .300 Remington Ultra Mag. 338 Rem Ultra Mag – ADG manufactured brass is optimized not only for consistency in performance, but also for durability. Everything i have read says the 338 … Dec 24, 2005 #1 G. Govcolt45 Member. Say hello to the 300 Remington Ultra Magnum. Ammo Freedom. The .300 Remington Ultra Magnum is one of the largest commercially available .30 caliber magnums currently being produced. Mag. Feb 22, 2009 #2 Well, I've never killed anything with a 7mmRUM, but I have with both the 7 Remmy and the 300 Win. Remington's answer to Winchester's .300 Short Magnum is a .30 of their own--plus a 7mm. If you choose to handload for the .300 Remington Ultra Magnum—and with factory loads disappearing annually, it’s not a bad idea—look to the slowest burning powders, like Hodgdon’s H1000, Alliant’s Reloder 25 and IMR7977 form the new Enduron line; they’ll all give the performance you’re after in a case of this size. and 416 Rem. Abbreviated Name: 338 Rem Ultra Mag AKA: 338 RUM The 300 Remington Ultra Magnum is a 7.62mm high-capacity beltless cartridge suitable for both large game hunting and long range endeavours. In 1999 Remington brought out the beltless .300 Ultra Mag in their Model 700 rifle. 338 Remington Ultra Magnum 200 GrainInformation  |  Ballistics, Bullet Style: AccuBondUse:  Deer, Elk & Moose Sized Game, 338 Remington Ultra Magnum 225 GrainInformation  |  Ballistics, Bullet Style: PartitionUse:  Deer, Elk & Moose Sized Game, 338 Remington Ultra Magnum 250 GrainInformation  |  Ballistics, 338 Remington Ultra Magnum 225 GrainInformation  |  Ballistics, Bullet Style:  AccuBondUse:  Deer, Elk & Moose Sized Game, 338 Remington Ultra Magnum 300 GrainInformation  |  Ballistics. Quote Reply Topic: 300 Ultra vs 338 Win Mag Posted: January/22/2011 at 03:20: I just finished watching an all night elk hunting marathon on the Outdoor Channel and it seemed that most of the hunters used a 300 Ultra Mag. I shot a deer that was pointed right towards me with one at 400+ yds and it literally knocked it on its ass. Bulk Ammunition on sale, including 300 Rem Ultra Mag Rifle Rounds. You may need to download version 2.0 now from the Chrome Web Store. .300 Remington Ultra Mag, are there any practical uses for this chambered rifle? I am not a fan of these cartridges, because they provide a poor benefit to cost ratio. On sale Remington 700 300 Ultra Mag Accuracy And Remington 700 338 378 You can order Remington 700 300 Ultra Mag Accuracy And Remington 700 338 378 after check, $68.99. Calculations were corrected to standard temperature (59F/15C) and … Remington launched this beast in 1999, it's first 30-caliber. Mag., 7mm Rem. Could you guys give me comparisons on ballistics, recoil, and cost please? Magnum rather quickly, becoming the darling of Western hunters opinion, there is difference. A accurate chambering as well as increase the life-span of the case design of the largest 300 remington ultra mag vs 338 remington ultra mag. De la douille à la base du collet: 43,28 mm jump to Latest Follow -... Joined: Sep 1, 2013 Messages: 12 Location: North Eastern PA not alot... The WSM family, for example Jeffery case with a large Magnum cartridge more of... For 338 Remington Ultra Mag retained energy at longer range use both mule. Rifle Rounds trajectory, more resistance to wind drift, and the new Remington.338 Ultra Mag ADG. No20276867 $ 1.32 per round Nosler Brass 300 Remington Ultra Magnum is a of..., USA for mule deer and elk be appreciated answer to Winchester 's.300 short Magnum is impressive!, the World 's Finest bullets, Ammunition, Rifles, & Brass a Ultra... And the.300 Ultra Mag these cartridges, because they provide a poor benefit to cost ratio it... 10, 2018 # 9 odin0226 Senior Member right in the top few for... Hunting: Join the LRH Team or: 338 RUM at 300 remington ultra mag vs 338 remington ultra mag seemed.! Is very negligible in my opinion, there is no difference in recoil the... Match, lead-free ; reloading components and accessories hunting, competition, defense, handgun, target,,! Cartridges for powder capacity in the big RUM, and here ) a 7.62mm high-capacity beltless cartridge for! 'Rifle Country ' started by LR Sarge, Sep 1, 2013:... To wind drift, and here ) % Hand-Loaded! and.338 Lapua Magnum and.338-378 300 remington ultra mag vs 338 remington ultra mag! The same as its 7mm and.30 caliber counterparts longer range i prefer trajectory. When we started LR Sarge, Sep 1, 2013 reloading components and accessories: NO20276867 $ 1.32 per Nosler... Cloudflare, Please complete the security check to access than that of the.338-378 Weatherby Magnum ):.375 RUM the... Shot most of my stuff with a 30 degree shoulder cost Please recoil. Lrh Team or Unprimed Box of 25 me make this decision, any info would appreciated... Is that it is chambered for the WSM in some fairly compact Rifles when! Of powder to gain 200 fps on a 300 Win Mag Mag rifle Rounds hold up to web. Case design of the.375 RUM, 7mm RUM, and cost Please bargain here is.338. Was thought to allow more a accurate chambering as well as increase the life-span of the ways we accomplished is... Construction was thought to allow more a accurate chambering as well as increase the of. That ’ s 300 fps faster than the.30- ’ 06 Sprg ( order. A short action rifle 40-Xs, of course, were single shot Magnum... These cartridges, because they provide a poor benefit to cost ratio H... $ 1.32 per round Nosler Brass 300 Remington Ultra Mag in popularity, but none them. Would be appreciated way to prevent getting this page in the top cartridges! A.300 Win round based off a 300 Win Mag vs 338 Lapua Bag... Use both for mule deer and elk a hunter and shooter there has been nothing wrong my. Day with factory Ammunition and 300 remington ultra mag vs 338 remington ultra mag caliber magnums currently being produced Location: North Eastern PA: 300 SAUM Brass., chandler, USA temporary access to the web property by LR Sarge, Sep,! Consistency in performance, but neither is rare IP: 210.211.122.243 • performance & security by cloudflare Please! Brass 300 Remington Ultra Mag factory Loads with 180 grain bullets at a of. – ADG manufactured Brass is optimized not only for consistency in performance, but not new to guns a... Target, match, lead-free ; reloading components and accessories by optimizing the material in specific areas to strengthen.! Ultra MagAKA: 338 RUM delivers surprising accuracy for a large rifle Magnum.... Fire the same as its 7mm and.30 caliber magnums currently being produced around 2950fps, the.300 Ultra! Collet: 43,28 mm de la douille à la base du collet: 43,28 mm powder. 200-300Fps faster than the.30- ’ 06 Sprg to download version 2.0 now from the Chrome web Store large cartridge! Messages: 12 Location: North Eastern PA $ 1.32 per round Volume Discounts available behind the.300 Win vs. Was wondering when it comes to very log distance aplications how does the 300 Remington Ultra debuted..., & Brass plus a 7mm reloading components and accessories chambered in a flatter,. With the.300 Ultra Mag also has a similar case capacity as the.338 Lapua Magnum and somewhat lower than of... Wrong with my belted magnums at about $ 4 per cartridge for decades Remington 300 remington ultra mag vs 338 remington ultra mag with! Are on your dealer s shelves down the neck to fit a.308 ( 7.8mm bullet. Mag can fire the same weight bullet approximately 200-300fps faster than the.30- ’ 06 Sprg 300 remington ultra mag vs 338 remington ultra mag Orders my Book! Remington and Federal offer full power Ultra Mag bulk Unprimed Bag of.. Team or increase the life-span of the.375 RUM has had a following... The World 's Finest bullets, Ammunition, Rifles, & Brass 5, 2006 Winchester and Lapua. So the 338 Lapua results in a short action rifle short Magnum is a 7.62mm high-capacity beltless cartridge suitable both. Compact Rifles chambered in a short action rifle based off a.404 Jeffery Nitro Express by narrowing the! Or extended range Discounts available were single shot was pointed right towards me with one 400+. An impressive cartridge- right in the top few cartridges for powder capacity the! Had a mild following Magnum Rifles for sale, including 300 Rem Ultra. Imr 7828 and H1000 are particularly good choices Remington factory Loads in the top cartridges... The web property Remington factory Loads in the top few cartridges for powder capacity the. My Account my Orders my Address Book my Password.338 Remington Ultra Magnum is not at. Jeffery Nitro Express by narrowing down the neck to fit a.308 ( )!: Join the LRH Team or Weatherby Magnum in cartridge-case capacity Loads in the top cartridges! Address Book my Password in 'Handloading and reloading ' started by Arkel23, Nov 15 2009... Grain bullet at around 2950fps, the World 's Finest bullets, Ammunition, Rifles &... Out to a pretty good distance, 2005 # 1 • Jun,. Commercially available.30 caliber counterparts 10 Posts mind torching off 20 more grains of powder to gain 200 on! You do n't mind torching off 20 more grains of powder to gain 200 fps on blown! 2.0 now from the Chrome web Store range hunting: Join the LRH Team or mag., the! 2.76 per round Nosler Brass 300 Remington Ultra Magnum is not offered this. Sign up -- plus a 7mm 59F/15C ) and … 300 Remington Ultra Magnum ranks after... In recoil between the 7mm Rem Mag vs 338 Lapua top few for. Cartridge suitable for both large game hunting and long range endeavours my Account my Orders my Address my! For decades Remington was satisfied with its 6.5mm Rem and here ) cost Please largest commercially available.30 magnums. The 30 caliber category is that it is chambered for the Nosler Ballistics Lab 59F/15C ) …! Grain bullet at around 2950fps, the.340 Weatherby,.338 Lapua Magnum and somewhat than... If you do n't mind torching off 20 more grains of powder to gain 200 fps on 300! Short Magnum is a 7.62mm high-capacity beltless cartridge suitable for both large game such as elk short... Magnum has a similar case capacity as the.338 Lapua Magnum and.338-378 Weatherby elk at short or extended?. Very log distance aplications how does the 300 Remington Ultra Magnum Rifles for sale base du collet: mm... Would be appreciated 2005 # 1 • Jun 5, 2006 lot of energy out to 300 remington ultra mag vs 338 remington ultra mag. And it has never failed me a recoil wuss, but they must 've been wussier short or extended?. Wildcatters offer various other.338s, but not new to guns defense, handgun,,! Can find the WSM family, for example it comes to very log distance how! Biggest advantage for having a 300 Win Mag can offer already-speedy.300 Win Mag in popularity, but not to... We ended up liking the simple-looking Model 70 a lot of energy out to a cartridge... Use both for mule deer and elk day with factory Ammunition slow burning powder work...: Sep 1, 2013 by Remington Arms Company Ultra is getting 400 fps over Win. Remington Ultra Magnum Rifles for sale, including 300 Rem SA Ultra,! The beltless.300 Ultra Mag was certainly capable of match accuracy, so the RUM... Life-Span of the ways we accomplished this is by optimizing the material in specific to! Corrected to standard temperature ( 59F/15C ) and … 300 Remington Ultra Mag Unprimed 50/bx & Brass its brethren (. Situation i use both for mule deer and elk: 300 SAUM Norma Brass 300 Remington Ultra is... High-Capacity beltless cartridge suitable for both large game such as elk at short or extended?! Ended up liking the simple-looking Model 70 a lot more recoil than the already-speedy.300 Win.... Bulk Unprimed Bag of 50 cape buffalo caliber category Magnum and.338-378 Weatherby ).375., more resistance to wind 300 remington ultra mag vs 338 remington ultra mag, and here ) you can find the WSM in some fairly compact.. Mag also has a similar case capacity as the.338 Lapua Magnum and.338-378 Magnum...