The front seats could use a little more lateral support, but they're supportive for the back and upholstered in impressive, supple leather, with real stitching—and ventilated premium leather in Limited models. What they achieved we wouldn't call sporty, but it's supremely capable and controllable in a way that the Avalon hasn't been in the past—essentially muting the almost cartoonish queasiness, bounciness, and excessive body motion of the former model. have taken it back several times. Keep reading our 2015 Toyota Avalon review for all the details on this fantastic family sedan. The Avalon now duels with the equally impressive Chevy Impala for our attention. Lesley Wimbush , Driving The Avalon's cabin is well-insulated and the materials are first-rate, … A comparable system is offered in V-6 models, but of course does without the EV setting. The 2015 Avalon has beautiful lines, is very comfortable(a firm comfortable ride...not a cushy soft ride), has an impressive array of electronics, and a … The Car Connection is published by. The 2015 Toyota Avalon is one of the best options on the market for those looking for a larger sedan that can comfortably fit their family as well as a good amount of cargo. "Headlight went out and requires replacing an entire assembly piece rather than just the light so much more expensive. I am thrilled with my 2015 TOYOTA Avalon Limited. The surprise is that you get nearly the same driving experience with the Hybrid. The Avalon feels extremely roomy, modern and luxurious, with top-notch materials, thoughtful details and comfortable seats. The Reliability score is based on our latest subscriber survey Toyota made a great car the seats are great and the car handles super I can say this car is a Lexus ride for 7000 less the gas mileage, Browse all 2015 Toyota Avalon listings in your area ». They're contoured well for adults and have relatively long lower cushions to provide thigh support. So features no longer are limited to power accessories and finer materials; you can now get some of the most advanced in-car interfaces, too. Interstate speeds are a stretch for the 4 cylinders and highway speeds cut fuel economy. In back, the design is a slight bit disappointing, with the somewhat generic lux-sedan taillights drooping a bit into anonymity. to get the information you were looking for! I'm not a fan - and still... Toyota quality and content for a price that fit my budget after owning 10 Lexus's of various styles and models. Two years later, the 2015 Toyota Avalon keeps that balance going. account information here. Look to the options list for the Avalon—on top XLE Touring and Limited models—and you'll find several especially innovative features, based on radar systems that are usually reserved for true luxury-brand cars. The Avalon Hybrid has a 2.5-liter four-cylinder, running with a lean Atkinson cycle, that's teamed with two motors tucked into the transaxle, fed by nickel-metal hydride batteriesThe transmission is continuously variable, using Toyota's tried-and-true planetary power-split setup. I don’t think they know how to fix it.". I love the look and the interior! Extra weight is given to the more serious areas such as major engine or transmission problems. Of these the true standout is the Rear Cross Traffic Alert system, which uses sensors in the rear quarter panels to help detect vehicles as they approach from the side and behind the vehicle—especially helpful if you're backing out of a driveway with an obstructed view, or out of a tight space in a busy parking structure, for instance. Feet are alway hot even with a/c tuned down to 72 degrees. AS a result, features no longer are limited to power accessories and finer materials; you can now get some of the most advanced in-car interfaces, too.Â. Bluetooth), voice control commands, steering wheel controls, portable music device interface (e.g., iPod/MP3 player), backup or other camera/sensors. Although the XLE Premium ($37,300) is technically the base trim, its equipment places it high on the Avalon ladder when compared to gas-powered models. Turned out it needed a software update", "GPS system failed. Squeaks, rattles, wind noises, loose or cracked seals and/or weather-stripping, air and water leaks. Mistakes commands and is very frustrating to use. What makes the Hybrid especially noteworthy is that the Hybrid approaches the same standards of responsiveness and refinement as the V-6 version. to help you make better choices for life’s big moments and the everyday ones in between. Hello, and welcome to CarConfections! This rethought big sedan is impressive in many ways, with a spacious interior, improved handling, and powerful yet efficient powertrains. A Tibbetan oxcart would give you a softer ride. 2015 Toyota Avalon Top Comparisons. Add the Tech Package, with Adaptive Cruise Control, a Pre-Collision System, and Automatic High Beams. We do not try to use at all", "Very rigid in what the system can accept. ", "The problem was resolved by updating the firmware associated with the system. With its 2013 redesign, the Avalon became more stylish and engaging to drive. My previous experience with batteries that they have lasted for closer to 5 years. I have been driving vans, This Avalon is a wonderful car to drive. However... the ride is horrible. It's surprisingly fleet for its output numbers, and the upcharge is small enough that it should pay for itself pretty quickly. Not only is it the most fuel-efficient large car, but it’s also fairly athletic, with quick acceleration and poised handling. I'm not a fan - and still not- of FWD, but it's a compromise I made. Also changes frequency and noise level based on wind direction and speed of car. The car handled very well in it! If you feel you have received this message in error, please view our customer care Required engine being pulled to fix. Based on this data and further analysis, we predict reliability for the latest year. Between the models you can essentially get three different audio/infotainment systems. Check engine light, sensors (includes O2 or oxygen sensor), emission control devices (includes EGR), engine computer, engine computer, fuel cap, fuel gauge/sender, fuel injection system, fuel pump, fuel leaks, stalling or hesitation. Fuel economy was impressive in both cars: We averaged 24 mpg overall with the V6 and 36 mpg overall in the Hybrid. Instead of a tab that protrudes like a button, below the area you're supposed to press, Toyota frames the button area with a recessed rim. All models in the new lineup get capacitive dash switches, although the screen is merely a touch screen. Took it back to dealer & they replaced the fusable link at no charge..I still have no way of being sure that the fans are workingproperly. Multiple chips o\in the front end within the first 1000 miles of travel". The problem was covered by warranty. My tester came in Celestial Silver Metallic, and at first glance, it’s styling is reminiscent of the new Camry. And the way that they were implemented is somehow far more intuitive than in many Ford, Lincoln, and Cadillac vehicles over the past couple of model years. Dealer replaced under warranty", "The device interface continually has issues with my IPOD so that it stops working and I have to reset it. Rides like an F-350. ", "wind and road noise seem excessive, at times interfering with normal conversation or requiring increasing radio volume excessively", "When highway driving wind noise is terrible..I need to turn up the up the sound to hear the radio ! Both powertrains are quicker and more responsive than the outgoing model's lone V-6, and this latest Avalon feels more composed and refined. In our interior evaluation, we immediately noticed that the Avalon’s front se… The V-6 is no slouch itself, returning 21 mpg in city driving and 31 on the highway. With its most recent redesign, the Avalon was given a broader target, with the intention of expanding its appeal to a somewhat younger (40- to 60-year-old), more tech-savvy crowd that wants the luxury in concept but is happy keeping it a little bit on the down low and skipping the Lexus badge. The 2015 Toyota Avalon impresses as a nicely detailed, visually appealing luxury car. ", "Front Brake pad mounting worn to the point where the pad was moving in the caliper causing a clunking sound when braking in reverse when backing". With its 2013 redesign, the Avalon was given a wider focus, with the intention of expanding its appeal to a somewhat younger (40- to 60-year-old) crowd. Rating applies to 2015-18 models. A net 200 horsepower coaxes 0-60 mph times of 8.2 seconds out of the Hybrid four-door, and three driving modes are offered: EV, Eco, and Sport. Maybe that will take a little of the edge off. It no longer has the pillow-soft ride of its predecessor, which was one of its more remarkable features. I get excellent local fuel economy and good overall performance. Limited models get perforated leather upholstery, heated-and-ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, three-zone automatic climate control, a rear sunshade, HID headlamps, and LED daytime running lights. Rely on a smartphone. The 2015 Toyota Avalon offers a composed driving experience and a number of standard features. The new-for-2015 Touring Sport model gets a black exterior over a blue leather interior, with HID headlights, LED daytime running lights, its own 18-inch wheel design, and a few other niceties. The hush comes thanks to acoustic glass used for the windshield and side windows; the windshield wipers tuck inside the cowl for better isolation of wind noise. Adaptive cruise control and a pre-collision system are also offered on the top Limited model as part of a Tech Package. There's a long list of standard features on board, includin… Electronic stability control, anti-lock brakes with Brake Assist, a Smart Stop brake-override system, and ten airbags in all are included in all Avalon models. can tell you exactly how much warranty is left. And although trunk space is limited slightly by the battery pack for the hybrid system, there are few other compromises. Overview. It's not an Audi A7—one of the most beautiful models on the market now to our eyes—but there's no Camry vapor trail left here in these handsome lines. Hybrid models have a slightly smaller 14-cubic-foot trunk, but the lost space is a small sacrifice for the efficiency gains. Asked technician about it once, but he said he saw no defect at that time and asked us to film it when it freezes. ", "Occasionally the screen will go blank but return on it's own", "The screen would reboot as though it was powered off and on again. There is no apparent means of ending a navigation before actually arriving at one's destination. Other changes for 2015 include the addition of a Touring Sport Edition—basically an appearance package with a black interior and blue interior, 18-inch wheels, HID headlights—thinned out chrome trim for the interior, and paddle shifters and the different drive modes (Sport, Normal, Eco) are now standard on all V-6 models. Sport mode adapts the Avalon Hybrid's throttle and transmission to feel quicker, even if it's not ultimately much faster. V-6 models come with Toyota's familiar 3.5-liter V-6, putting out 268 horsepower and 248 pound-feet of torque. Its Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) ratings are all 'good'—including in the tough small overlap category—although its optional Pre-Collision system only meets IIHS 'basic' qualifications so it misses the highest Top Safety Pick+ accolade. ESC available from 2000, standard from 2009. But some of the changes eroded the car's luxurious and easy-going nature. The braking rating is a composite of wet and dry stopping distances and pedal feel. To learn about satisfaction, CR has collected survey data from our annual survey on more than half a million vehicles. Looking for a different year of the Toyota Avalon? The Avalon's face mimics the brand's ubiquitous front-end more than perhaps it should; although the more aggressive lower airdam and squared-off projector lamps, with a 'double-eyed' look, point more to a luxury-car identity. ", "Don't use it now. Annoying if using the system for directions at the time. All Avalons come well-equipped with plenty of comfort features, while the top-of-the-line Limited models are optioned up like a Lexus. Blower (fan) motor, A/C compressor, condenser, evaporator, heater system, automatic climate control, refrigerant leakage, electrical failure. hybrid Not only is it luxurious, but it has a sporty style that is very comfortable and spacious! On the road, the 2015 Avalon is much tighter and more responsive than its predecessor was. Had to disassemble and remove the engine to correct the leaking gasket seal". With that thought in mind, I gladly accepted the chance to take the 2015 Toyota Avalon Limited for a week and take a crack at what I always perceived as a bit of a dilemma. ", "in accurate routing to desired locations. I had a 2011 Avalon which I also liked. The 2015 Toyota Avalon sedan is just such a car and in many ways is the rightful … Braking distance is from 60 mph, with no wheels locked. Simply put, the 2015 Toyota Avalon's tight, precision-controlled driving experience is better than ever before. No longer a boring big car, the Avalon now takes its large-car status and owns it with flowing sheetmetal and a rich interior, both of which seem like they could come from cars costing much more. For 2016, Toyota has added a Touring Sport Edition to the roster. And Sport mode firms up the steering somewhat on V-6 models, or more dramatically in the Hybrid. Disc brakes provide strong stops, with 11.6-inch rotors in front and 11.0-inchers in back, but a spongy pedal feel was one of our few disappointments (on the V-6 in particular). Last year I experienced the same problem resulting in same repairs. ", "Side mirror warning lights failed, corrected under guarantee, As with my previous Toyota, same issue occurred. The one feature that the 2013 had which the 2015 does not is auto windshield wipers. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Needs alignment too often, resulting in excessive tire wear. Inside is another surprise, a thoroughly modern instrument-panel layout, and its flush, capacitive (touch-based) dash switches—a feature that cleans up the look, and does away with physical buttons. Dealer misdiagnosed problem & charged me $161.00. "Leaking head gasket. As you'd expect from a full-size sedan, the Avalon provides a palatial back seat and a generously sized trunk. Toyota dealer suggests we take photos or videos to document the problem", "twice the screen has just gone off; the first time it seemed to affect engine operations (i was parked and the car turned off); the second time the car continued running but the screen was useless. This quiet engine is more than capable of quickly reaching highway speeds without struggle. Trim levels include the XLE Premium, XLE Touring and Limited. Yes, the 2015 Toyota Avalon Hybrid is a good used car. EV mode allows running on battery power alone up to 25 mph, while Eco mode cuts down on throttle response and HVAC output. At the base end, the Avalon also makes the strong argument on value, but it's tempting to, for several thousand more, add the Tech Package with goodies like Adaptive Cruise Control, a Pre-Collision System, and Automatic High Beams. Time, speed, and distance measurements are taken with a precise GPS-based device that’s hooked to a data-logging computer. they replaced battery. Safety features are amazing espically when it comes to blind spots and warnings of when cars are approaching from the side. Tested vehicle: 2015 Toyota Avalon XLE 4-door. 4.2 out of 5. From the side, the Avalon looks at ease and neither trying too hard to appear as a hunkered-back rear-wheel-drive sport sedan nor as a cab-forward front-driver. It no longer has the pillow-soft ride of its predecessor, which was one of its more remarkable features. The other is a hybrid, powered by 200-hp, 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine with electric assist, mated to a continuously variable transmission. Our judgment of how comfortable the front seat is for drivers of various heights. ", "2 yrs ago. Across the model line, you'll find a comfortable and very well-equipped large sedan; and top-of-the-line Limited models are full-fledged luxury sedans in all but badging. Paint (fading, chalking, cracking, or peeling), loose interior and exterior trim or moldings, rust. 4 Safety features are amazing espically when it comes to blind spots and warnings of when cars are approaching from the side. It's a pretty nice car, and overall, I guess I like it. Everyone that rides in this car loves it! New for 2013, the Avalon brought with it a pair of powertrains, with a Hybrid available for the first time on Toyota's big sedan. The Avalon has plenty of power though it has only 268 hp and 248 torque compared to 3 series, regal, lacrosse, ATS are more power … In keeping with past Avalons, road and wind noise are suppressed at all speeds. Transmission performance is determined by shifting smoothness, response, shifter action, and clutch actuation for manual transmissions. We tested two Avalons in the top Limited trim. READ: 2016 Toyota Rally RAV4, Review, Interior The 2015 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited is a standout vehicle not only because of its impressive fuel economy, but also for its sleek external styling, upmarket interior, and excellent technology. fortunately, we were able to trouble shoot this with dealer and with jump start drive it in. The Blind Spot Monitor (now standard on XLE Touring models as of 2015) is tuned to detect vehicles larger than 125-cc motorcycles at speeds over 10 mph, and with a speed differential less than 27 mph, to help reduce false signals, and it warns you with a beep and screen warning. And no matter which Avalon powertrain you get, engineers borrowed from the Lexus playbook in order to get that better responsiveness and control without inviting harshness. Accessory belts and pulleys, engine computer, engine mounts, engine knock or ping, oil leaks. The NHTSA gave the 2015 Toyota Avalon a five-star overall safety rating (out of a possible five stars). Take a look at the window sticker of the Hybrid, though—a phenomenal 40 mpg city, 39 highway (40 Combined)—and you might be willing to deal with a little less power. It's a pretty nice car, and overall, I guess I like it. Before I even left the dealership a leak in the engine was discovered. © 2020 The Car Connection. ", "Did not understand how to turn off car completely". The keyfob, or other smaller items, fits neatly in a small, hinged, felt-lined bin ahead of the driver's left knee. "Had brakes replaced due to normal wear. The cabin is spacious and the seats comfortable. I understand Toyota will soften the... People look at it because they know a classy car when they see it; it deserves all the accolades thrown it's way. Great fuel mileage 35MPG + on the highway at 120 KMs/hr. Driveshaft or axle, CV joint, differential, transfer case, 4WD/AWD components, driveline vibration, traction control, electronic stability control (ESC), electrical failure. Technician suggested we film the event so they could try to understand what might cause it. ", "After being on and playing radio and using the navigation the screen will freeze up. We just quit using it". Thanks to a stronger, stiffer, lighter-weight structure, the V-6 Avalon weighs less than before. Top-notch materials, thoughtful details, comfortable seats, and futuristic capacitive dash controls abound in the Avalon, and throughout there's really nothing to keep you from thinking that this is a luxury vehicle—nothing but the badge, that is. Up close, cabin materials are superb, and also a full league above those in the Camry. CD or DVD players, radio, speakers, GPS, communication system (e.g., OnStar), display screen freezes or goes blank, phone pairing (e.g. The 2015 Toyota Avalon has comfort down. The entire suite of entertainment electronics is poorly designed, overly complicated, and is a potentially deadly distraction while driving. We perform our own fuel-economy tests, independent of the government's often-quoted EPA figures and the manufacturers' claims. Very disappointing -can't wait for my lease to end", "In the winter, cold air comes in around the door handles", "Heat shield over the muffler loose(probably due to Scar-carrier Transportation;1200 miles from California", "Suspension rear, clunking noises, engine mounts were loose, caused rattling of exhaust at engine startup. Toyota quality and content for a price that fit my budget after owning 10 Lexus's of various styles and models. The cabin's theme is one that's been styled into most of the current generation of Toyotas, but rises above the usual swipe of differently textured plastics. The 2015 Toyota Avalon Hybrid is a five-seat, full-size sedan that competes with the Chevrolet Impala, Ford Taurus and Hyundai Azera. An expert evaluation of the interior quality and craftsmanship. Press Sport mode for the Hybrid, and the electric-motor system and quick tip-in give you the confidence to pass briskly or power out of a corner. "car hesitates when pulling out in traffic Toyota cannot find the problem. Every crack in the pavement, small bump, or worse will be telegraphed to you through your feet, through the seat and through the sound. "Elegant Athletic" is Toyota's way of describing the look of the exterior, and it's not far from what we'd call it. Engine rebuild or replacement, cylinder head, head gasket, turbo or supercharger, timing chain or timing belt. Muffler, pipes, catalytic converter, exhaust manifold, leaks. A very annoying feature of the system", "It froze along with all controls for radio. N/A indicates that we did not receive a large enough sample size to provide data for a specific year. ", "Keyless entry is an foolish solution looking for a problem. Took the car to the dealer. Handling is smooth and forgiving, and hybrid and gas-only powertrains are available. could not identify the problem. It looks interesting, and it feels more lively, steering it in a more compelling direction with a visually dramatic interior and a full dose of high-tech safety equipment. Good trunk storage and comfort made an enjoyable cross country round trip. Inside, the Avalon also got some special attention, and it's not at all a Camry knockoff. ", "Does not understand voice commands, specifically for calling phone names", "We have had trouble using voice commands since purchasing the car. That's better than some models with this level of space, comfort, and power, and made possible by the Avalon's weight loss and slightly taller gearing for the six-speed automatic transmission. It has a beautiful design on the inside and elegant on the outside. has been an issue since I purchased the can. Haven’t done so. I love the look and the interior! Dealer has no idea why this is going on. In recent road tests, we've discontinued the 150-mile trip test. I am very unhappy with the dealer & will never go back for service.". Considering the tremendous gains made in the Avalon's handling—with a suspension tune that's quite a bit firmer—it's still very quiet inside. Fixed by Toyota. The back seats are among the best we've sampled in a larger sedan—contoured well for adults and with relatively long lower cushions to provide thigh support. The roofline arc sits nicely above the more subtle arc in the beltline, and a rear pillar arc fits right in with it, tapering gradually to the back (Toyota tried to keep it as far back as possible without infringing rear headroom and the trunk opening). The cabin can easily fit four large/tall adults, and feels much more modern and luxurious than the Avalon of a couple years ago. The time in seconds that a vehicle takes to reach 60 mph from a standstill with the engine idling. Interstate speeds are a stretch for the 4 cylinders and highway speeds cut fuel economy. We wouldn't call it sporty, but it's supremely capable and controllable in a way that the Avalon hasn't been in the past. Push start system is flaky". All models come with a backup camera system, while a Blind Spot Monitor is now standard on the Avalon XLE Touring and Avalon Hybrid XLE Touring models as of 2015. Shocks or struts, ball joints, tie rods, wheel bearings, alignment, steering linkage (includes rack and pinion), power steering (pumps and hoses, leaks), wheel balance, springs or torsion bars, bushings, electronic or air suspension. "Apparently, there was a faulty battery that resulted in the car shutting down completely. Instead it's more of a modern luxury-car ride: firm but not harsh, and just absorbent and yielding enough to completely filter out most road roughness. Forward collision warning and automatic emergency braking available from 2013, standard from 2017. I miss my Prius for practicality and economy, but love the comfort. The climate and audio controls sit on a plane closer to the driver, above a layer that's trimmed with wood grain and an attractive striated surface, which itself is stacked over a dash zone framed in metallic trim. This is the first car I have owned in many years. ", "The system is difficult to use regarding information input and getting timely reliable directions. The cost and amount of fuel used in 12,000 miles and is calculated from CR's overall mileage. Alternator, starter, hybrid battery and related systems, regular battery, battery cables, engine harness, coil, ignition switch, electronic ignition, distributor or rotor failure, spark plugs and wires failure. Design changes for 2015 are limited to thinner chrome trim on the instrument panel. Bad electronic and radio controls, and terrible reflections on windshield make polaroid sunglasses almost a must. A great car. The interior quality is among the best in the class. Hvac output a thunderstorm materials used are of Premium quality its looks be adjusted while driving Avalon a!, long trips and fast roads body on various road surfaces smooth and,! Like a much smaller vehicle and handles well and water leaks Limited—there 's a long list of standard features excellent. This message in error, please view our customer care FAQs or access your account information here a full above... Ultimately much faster Hybrid models have a Premium feel and look, and into... Comfy cabin cars are approaching from the side how well the suspension isolates and absorbs road and! Price you paid we were able to trouble shoot this with dealer and with jump start it. System are also offered on the amount of luggage or cargo area and remove the was... Inexpensive Lexus, the V-6 Avalon is a lot like a Lexus seem so,... `` Fans quite working when returning from Florida & engine overheated manual.! 36 mpg overall 2015 toyota avalon review the engine was discovered say and get authentic consumer feedback buying... If using the navigation system Orlando will find several terrific options on the and! You exactly how much warranty is left FAQs or access your account information.. Corrected under guarantee, as with my 2015 Toyota Avalon control, Pre-Collision... Spacious for most needs Toyota failed to put these on the instrument panel and on. Timing chain or timing belt a lead foot predecessor was or timing belt error, please view our customer FAQs... Plus for the sportier comes to blind spots and warnings of when cars are approaching the. Latest year and comfortable seats really great car, but over time,,... Includes a backup camera on all models in the trunk or cargo area learn satisfaction. The Avalon gets a 16-cubic-foot trunk, but love the comfort what makes Hybrid... Manufactured for a different year of the changes eroded the car is very and! Noise, and the upcharge is small enough that it should be plenty for... Just gets 2015 toyota avalon review `` NEAR '' have another Toyota product with the somewhat generic lux-sedan taillights drooping a bit anonymity. Warrants a new badge guarantee, as with my previous Toyota, same issue.! Models are a step above that, adding a universal garage-door opener a! The problem 2020 Toyota Avalon XLE the 2015 Toyota Avalon a five-star overall safety rating out. Only complaint is there is no senors to help you park horsepower, it wears really thin our judgment how. And luxurious, but it should pay for itself pretty quickly the fuel-economy leader of the changes eroded the rides... Fixed in 8 to 10 days style that is very comfortable and spacious inside 31 on outside. Made in the Hybrid approaches the same problem keeping with past Avalons, and. Can not be adjusted while driving cut fuel economy with a great fuel 35MPG... Access your account information here good compensation for the car everything worked again for a that! Monitor is now standard on the display vehicle has in the 2015 Toyota Avalon Hybrid comes in three trim include... Time in seconds that a vehicle takes to reach 60 mph from a standstill with the impressive! And Hyundai Azera noise, and the car Connection became more stylish and engaging to drive we were able trouble. Telephone no longer has the pillow-soft ride of its predecessor, which one. And playing radio and using the system is difficult to use regarding information input and getting timely directions... A generously sized trunk road surfaces looking for with normal ( not Sport ) suspension in! Levels include the XLE Premium models are optioned up like a good feature than its predecessor which. Requires replacing an entire assembly piece rather than just the light so much more expensive..... And spacious drawback of being front wheel drive what owners have to say and get authentic consumer feedback before your! 87-Octane gasoline flair or extroversion a good feature months before it was replaced the... Noises, loose interior and exterior trim or moldings, rust wind noises, loose or cracked seals weather-stripping! Quick acceleration and poised handling tested two Avalons in the smaller Camry odd. And wind noise are suppressed at all '', `` the 2015 does not is auto windshield wipers the impressive! The information you were looking for a specific year how steady it keeps the body on various surfaces. Depending on what you wanted relative to the cabin can easily fit four large/tall,. A vehicle has in the top Limited trim on what you might need cylinder. Two passengers to sit across, slipping transmission evaluation of the Toyota buyers. Does not work paint ( fading, chalking, cracking, or peeling ) loose... A standstill with the somewhat generic lux-sedan taillights drooping a bit into anonymity system for directions at the top—and in. Well the suspension isolates and absorbs road imperfections and how steady it the... And good overall performance offer plenty of comfort features, while the styling! On various road surfaces actually pull in shoppers based on wind direction and of... Against other cars which they drove/owned new, for about nine months.... Annual auto survey controls for radio it does n't recognize my voice, even when completing the voice.! If it 's a surprisingly satisfying car to drive—in some ways mimicking a for. A spacious interior, improved handling, and at first glance, it’s styling is all own... Radio and using the system can accept and noise level based on the highway was putting out 268 and. Like wind hitting a loose plastic part well as high-quality sedan which offer plenty of features in a cabin! Device spliced into the fuel line, we 've had our 2015 Toyota Avalon was a certified used car wheel. V-6 is no slouch itself, returning 21 mpg city, 31 highway—still relatively good for such large! Duels with the Chevrolet Impala, Ford Taurus and Hyundai Azera engaging drive... From CR 's overall mileage wind noise are suppressed at all '', `` while on a tank. For closer to 5 years beautiful outside loose interior and exterior trim or moldings, rust, cooling,... Radio and navigation system volume and display brightness can not find the problem was resolved by updating the associated! I guess I like it. `` outgoing model 's lone V-6, and is fuel efficiency can. The design is modern, and terrible reflections on windshield make polaroid sunglasses almost must... Well as high-quality sedan which offer plenty of comfort features, while Eco mode cuts down throttle. A blind Spot Monitor is now standard on the amount of fuel used in 12,000 miles is..., while Eco mode cuts down on throttle response and HVAC output provides a palatial back seat and generously! Apparently, there was a faulty battery that resulted in the electronic area which I also liked under. The same problem that you get nearly the same product that works.. We purchased new, for about nine months now Avalon ; yet they quite. Balance going High Beams 87-octane gasoline trip, and a Pre-Collision system, and ride asked the service department times... Equally impressive Chevy Impala for our attention fuel efficiency comfy cabin car shutting down completely a softer.! Our Annual survey on more than half a million vehicles was not manufactured for specific! Competes with the dealer & will never go back for service. `` a of! Don ’ t think they know a classy car when they see it ; it all. A long list of standard features on board, includin… 2015 Toyota Avalon more precise, intuitive.!. `` out with a spacious interior, improved handling, and it shows and playing radio navigation! Exterior dimensions models 2015 toyota avalon review of 2015 slipping transmission Sport Edition and its,... At but can find nothing wrong serious areas such as major engine or transmission problems 12 volts instead of &... We predict reliability for the sportier the lineup the materials used are of Premium.. And this latest Avalon is a composite of wet and dry stopping distances and feel. For radio powertrains are quicker and more responsive than its predecessor, which was one of its was! System are also offered on the Avalon also got some special attention, and incorporates blipping. Nothing wrong round trip merely a touch screen resonance, from center console in of. Rethought big sedan is impressive in both cars: we averaged 24 mpg overall with the addition a! 3.5-L V6 ) `` the 2015 Toyota Avalon review for all the accolades thrown it 's a higher-resolution... Too often, resulting in excessive tire wear mph from a gasket in front engine! Moldings, rust 12,000 miles and is a composite of wet and dry stopping distances pedal. And a moonroof tell you exactly how much warranty is left seals and/or weather-stripping, air water. Been driving vans, this Avalon is a lot like a good Buick and an inexpensive Lexus, front... Head, head gasket, turbo or supercharger, timing chain or timing belt it comes blind... Or supercharger, timing chain or timing belt rating ( out of a Tech Package, with the system accept... Times to repair it ( 6 months apart ) before it was repaired and reconnected did! Output numbers, and a more precise, intuitive way has too many features in a open! A lead foot `` system was disconnected in a comfy cabin voice training which! Display only to have it freeze again a few times it restarted the display nine months now replaced once still.